PDA

View Full Version : Will the REAL Nuggets fans please present themselves

TwoHandJam
05-01-2005, 12:39 AM
in this thread.

Lets see just how many trolls we have here and who are the real class fans that show up to eat their crow.

ALVAREZ6
05-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Don't even bother asking man, every nugget fan is a troll.

ladiesman
05-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah... freaking Laker fans looking for some playoff action.

TwoHandJam
05-01-2005, 01:09 AM
* tumbleweed rolls by *

E20
05-01-2005, 02:06 AM
They can't answer you they're all outside the Pepsi Center with their Carmleo Anthony dolls masturbating.

3rdCoast
05-01-2005, 02:08 AM
i ALREADY FINSIESD MASTURBATING AND IM HERE. IMA REEL FAN FOR DENVER ANDIM HERE

TroyF
05-01-2005, 02:15 AM
They can't answer you they're all outside the Pepsi Center with their Carmleo Anthony dolls masturbating.

Wow, class act here. Wish I could be that classy. Maybe if I say all Spurs fans suck I can be respected, right? No, it's only good if you put down the opposing fans. My mistake.

Spurs fans are great. Nuggets fans are too. Most of us who went to the game didn't get home until after 12:30 Denver time. They are tired, frustrated by the calls in the game (and understandably so) and are in bed now.

I've been on this board for a week now and haven't once insulted a Spurs fan or player, yet I've heard the "All Nuggets fans suck" montra ten times now. I'm tired of hearing it.

Here you go. . . I'm a true Nuggets fan. Congrats on the win. You are a great team, one that I respect a lot, and I will cheer for you to win the championship as soon as this series is over.

Happy? Does that make me a true fan or do I have to insult your favorite team and the players you like three hundred times so you officially know that I'm a "true fan?"

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 02:45 AM
I'm embarrassed for the Spurs fans in this thread. You guys look like jackasses.

But ...

They are tired, frustrated by the calls in the game (and understandably so) and are in bed now.

PLEASE! You can't be serious about the calls!

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Whats the point in having the nuggets fans come here? none... i'd understand it if the thread was started by a Denver fan, but twohandjam, you're just instigating. Good day.

GoSpurs21
05-01-2005, 02:55 AM
any Nugs fan that quotes Karl's comments cant be anything but an embarassment to all basketball fans, except laker fan

if nugs make their freethrows tonight they win

TroyF
05-01-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm embarrassed for the Spurs fans in this thread. You guys look like jackasses.

But ...

Sorry Kori, I'm dead serious. I've been to well over 100 NBA basketball games in my life. What I saw tonight in the second half was the worst officiating I've ever seen at a game. There really isn't a close second.

Doesn't mean I don't give you credit for the win, but the fans have every right to be frustrated by what went on tonight. It was just sickening watching what was taking place. Again, I'm not sure what you could or couldn't see on the TV, I haven't watched the replay yet.

FWIW, on my way out of the arena I was walking down the stairs next to a Spurs fan. He turned to me and asked me what the Nuggets did to piss of the officials and wanted to know if they could do it again in game 4. lol.

Trust me, the calls were horrible. I don't expect those of you on this board to agree. We all have our biases. All I can say is I've NEVER left a game thinking the refs had a direct impact of the outcome of the game until tonight. Take that for what it's worth. If it makes me a crybaby, so be it. I've been called worse.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Sorry Kori, I'm dead serious. I've been to well over 100 NBA basketball games in my life. What I saw tonight in the second half was the worst officiating I've ever seen at a game. There really isn't a close second.

Doesn't mean I don't give you credit for the win, but the fans have every right to be frustrated by what went on tonight. It was just sickening watching what was taking place. Again, I'm not sure what you could or couldn't see on the TV, I haven't watched the replay yet.

FWIW, on my way out of the arena I was walking down the stairs next to a Spurs fan. He turned to me and asked me what the Nuggets did to piss of the officials and wanted to know if they could do it again in game 4. lol.

Trust me, the calls were horrible. I don't expect those of you on this board to agree. We all have our biases. All I can say is I've NEVER left a game thinking the refs had a direct impact of the outcome of the game until tonight. Take that for what it's worth. If it makes me a crybaby, so be it. I've been called worse.

Hahaha.. typical sore loser. I'm watching the replay right now on espn, and I am not seeing any "bad officiating" I see alot of denver flops, like on duncans third foul.. there was no push in Martins back... he was more worried about faking the push in the back than getting the rebound. Stop you're whining. The games over, its not going to change.

GoSpurs21
05-01-2005, 03:03 AM

Trust me, the calls were horrible. I don't expect those of you on this board to agree. We all have our biases. All I can say is I've NEVER left a game thinking the refs had a direct impact of the outcome of the game until tonight. Take that for what it's worth. If it makes me a crybaby, so be it. I've been called worse.anyone that complains about the refs is lame. a true champion plays through bad calls by the refs. every champion has done it...anyone that complains about refs is just looking for excuses...only losers need excuses

as a Spurs fan for over 20 years...the only way to win the championship is to play above the calls of NBA refs...its the only way to leave no doubt

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 03:25 AM
I thought the officiating sucked today (and I never say that). But I thought it sucked on both sides. It didn't decide the game -- the Spurs did.

T Park
05-01-2005, 03:28 AM
Exactly right.

The officiating was horrible on both sides.

In the first half it was horrible for the Spurs especially.

But if Nugget fans want to blame losing on THAT, and not their team, so be it.

Gerryatrics
05-01-2005, 03:37 AM
Wow, way for the Spurs fans to step up and show why they're the classiest fans in the NBA :rolleyes

Sorry TroyF, that's all I can say, sorry. You have the guts to show up after a tough loss and the yokels come out to slam you for it.

As for the officiating, it was pretty evenly horrendous towards both teams, but swinged more towards the Nuggets in the second half, so I feel you on that. I don't think that's what cost the Nuggets the game, but I was agreeing with the crowd when they were chanting "bullshit". And it's laughable seeing people call you out for mentioning the refs when half the game blog was people whining about the calls. It was an ugly game, the Spurs just hit the big shots when they needed them, and the Nuggets couldn't finish when they needed to hit their own. Spurs won, Nuggets lost, now let's please do without the personal insults and ugly gloating. Thanks.

picnroll
05-01-2005, 03:40 AM
Wow, class act here. Wish I could be that classy. Maybe if I say all Spurs fans suck I can be respected, right? No, it's only good if you put down the opposing fans. My mistake.

Spurs fans are great. Nuggets fans are too. Most of us who went to the game didn't get home until after 12:30 Denver time. They are tired, frustrated by the calls in the game (and understandably so) and are in bed now.

I've been on this board for a week now and haven't once insulted a Spurs fan or player, yet I've heard the "All Nuggets fans suck" montra ten times now. I'm tired of hearing it.

Here you go. . . I'm a true Nuggets fan. Congrats on the win. You are a great team, one that I respect a lot, and I will cheer for you to win the championship as soon as this series is over.

Happy? Does that make me a true fan or do I have to insult your favorite team and the players you like three hundred times so you officially know that I'm a "true fan?"
You sound a like rockymtnfan I just ran across when I looked at the Denver ESPN message board. Same whine but a little less diplomatic there. Any relation?

Spurs got hosed at critical times. Manu hit on the hand during a shot that fell short. Duncan taken out of the game in the first half by a Martin total flop.Bad,bad walking call on Parker, .... You're just whining from the eyes of a typical homer who sees every bad call against your team but 1/3rd of the bad calls against the the opponent.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 03:41 AM
were not the classiest fans?.. there are about 50 about us here.. not the thousands upon thousands in san antonio and around the US. so dont judge us by a couple of tasteless posts.

slayermin
05-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Does anyone remember that little pregame peptalk Danny Crawford gave to TD and Michael Finley, right before game three in 2003 of the WCFinals?

He told them that they would call there own fouls. Finley looked stunned and Danny told him that he was kidding. But the game turned out to be extremely physical and the Spurs prevailed.

This game was very similar. Game threes are ugly (also see 2003 Finals, game three.)

The Nuggets never experienced this type of game before. Their fans have no idea what it takes to win a championship, that is why they are shocked about how physical the game was. To me, the Spurs had this game under control throughout.

T Park
05-01-2005, 03:57 AM
The Spurs should play this series identical to the NJ series.

Run more Zone, and be just as physical.

Wow the SPurs were getting away with stuff???

Guess they aren't "soft"

cd36
05-01-2005, 04:14 AM
im not a nuggets fan, im a magic fan but i dont like the spurs coz there better than my team :smokin :fro :drunk :pctoss :hat :elephant :king :spin :oops :blah :depressed :lol :angel :princess

pooh0406
05-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Yeah... freaking Laker fans looking for some playoff action.
hey!

MI21
05-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Slayer Min has it spot on. This team knows what these games are like. The Nuggets don't.

I fully expect the same thing to happen if the Spurs have to match up on Phoenix or Seattle etc if the Spurs make it that far. The fans will complain about the calls, not realising what playoff basketball is like these days.

TwoHandJam
05-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Whats the point in having the nuggets fans come here? none... i'd understand it if the thread was started by a Denver fan, but twohandjam, you're just instigating. Good day.
Not true.

I had a exchange with some Nugget fans the other day about how suspicious it was that most of them registered and posted only after game 1 when they were all high with confidence. It seems that none of those "fans" have posted here yet.

TroyF I believe is a genuine fan and not just trolling. Props.

BTW, I thought the officiating sucked too. On both sides.

Shelly
05-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Troy's cool. I heard more whistles in last nights game than in the whole season.

However, Karl needs to stop whining. Look at your own team and make adjustments.

TroyF
05-01-2005, 08:51 AM
You sound a like rockymtnfan I just ran across when I looked at the Denver ESPN message board. Same whine but a little less diplomatic there. Any relation?

Spurs got hosed at critical times. Manu hit on the hand during a shot that fell short. Duncan taken out of the game in the first half by a Martin total flop.Bad,bad walking call on Parker, .... You're just whining from the eyes of a typical homer who sees every bad call against your team but 1/3rd of the bad calls against the the opponent.

I'm not rockymtnfan and have no idea who the hell he is.

And I apologize to anyone if they think I'm a homer. I'm not. Can't convince you guys of that because you haven't known me for long. If I felt the calls had went the other way, you'd see me saying the Nuggets caught major breaks.

Again, I don't care what other people think. I know basketball inside and out. What I saw last night was ridiculous. The entire second half was a joke. AT one point in the third quarter the Nuggets had 8 fouls to the Spurs 1, despite being pushed in the back on rebounds nearly every possession.

It didn't get much better from there on out. Like I said before, I don't care what you think of me. If you think I'm a whiner and a homer who can't see the light. Fine. It's no problem to me. You have no idea of my history or who I am so I pretty much expect you to think like that. All I can tell you is what I watched last night and the replay I'm watching now isn't making it easier. I look at TD getting an offensive rebound off a missed FT where Camby is simply shoved out of the way.

I look at Melo just getting mugged three times in a row. I see Earl getting shoved nearly everytime he touches the ball without a call and then getting called for a touch foul outside the three point line sending TP to the line for two.

I don't believe for a second that the Spurs fans who saw the Dallas fiasco a few years ago or some of the Laker games you were ripped at by the refs, weren't on this very board pitching a fit about it. And you had every right to be.

The irony here is that I'm being called a classless whiner, when I'm posting in a thread where the first six posts were the definition of the word "classless."

TroyF
05-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Troy's cool. I heard more whistles in last nights game than in the whole season.

However, Karl needs to stop whining. Look at your own team and make adjustments.

I was happy Karl said what he said. It needed to be said. Whatever you guys may think, it needed to be said.

I doubt very seriously that he's whining behind closed doors. He put the loss behind him last night and is making adjustments.

Don't think it matter though. Nuggets aren't winning another game in SA. Last night ended the series IMO.

Shelly
05-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Thus George Karl = Phil Jackson light.

Phil used to pull that shit also. Stop blaming the refs and call your team out nationally. He should look at KMart who's one of the biggest asses in the NBA. I thought he was when he was in NJ also.

picnroll
05-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Karl's a low class whiney bitch. What he said about Manu was totally classless. There's a reaon just about every palyer from the US WC team hated his guts. At least you have one Denver reporter who got it right.

stéphane
05-01-2005, 09:12 AM
props to Troy, he had several good takes. Don't expect fairplay by other team's fan when starting threads like that... it's like calling the trolls more than respectable fans like this one.

johnny00
05-01-2005, 09:16 AM

On behalf of some of our more enthusiastic posters I apoligize.

In the short time you've been on our board you have brought a nice second person point of veiw on behalf of the Denver side, without being demeaning or belittling.

Don't judge the whole on the actions of a few. Your comments are appreciated.

Believe me we've have some opposing views you would not believe.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I was happy Karl said what he said. It needed to be said. Whatever you guys may think, it needed to be said.

I doubt very seriously that he's whining behind closed doors. He put the loss behind him last night and is making adjustments.

Don't think it matter though. Nuggets aren't winning another game in SA. Last night ended the series IMO.
I respect you Troy seriously, it takes some balls to show up and take the heat. Although I can't believe you agree with all Karl said in the post-game conference. I mean, I seriously disaprove of wha he said about Manu. Not cool at all.

TwoHandJam
05-01-2005, 09:20 AM
props to Troy, he had several good takes. Don't expect fairplay by other team's fan when starting threads like that... it's like calling the trolls more than respectable fans like this one.
No, it's showing the trolls for who they really are. Troy had the courage to come in here after a tough loss and give articulate takes on the state of the series and of his team. The absence of posters like Phonzie and warri0r so far is beginning to confirm my suspicions about them.

Cara De Dedão
05-01-2005, 09:29 AM
No, it's showing the trolls for who they really are. Troy had the courage to come in here after a tough loss and give articulate takes on the state of the series and of his team. The absence of posters like Phonzie and warri0r so far is beginning to confirm my suspicions about them.

What's the matter with you, man?

td4mvp21
05-01-2005, 09:37 AM

But ...

I actually think the calls were fair. Denver probably got a slight advantage. The problem was the crowd booed EVERYTHING. I was very surprised at how unsportsmanlike they acted. Some of the calls were understandable to be booed, but when our players had the ball at the opening possesions, they booed us. Thats not sportsmanlike. They even started chanting "Bull S***" at one point. That shocked me. I think the fans just overreacted a lot. Again, some of the calls by the refs could have been bad against them, but whhen you say you lost because of the refs( and thats coming from George Karl and Kenyon Martin), thats just sad. I am very proud of how our guys never blame any player or ref for a loss or whatever. But Troy, thanks for being a good sport even when your team didn't win. Its appreciated.

stéphane
05-01-2005, 09:39 AM
ok understand the purpose... you forgot to name melo15, the stupid guy that brags off on his board for trolling this one. what an idiot, he cant even understand how a non factor he is.
Cara you were ok too so far but Troy really had interesting takes...

bigbendbruisebrother
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I thought the officiating sucked today (and I never say that). But I thought it sucked on both sides. It didn't decide the game -- the Spurs did.

I agree Kori. The first half, the Spurs got shafted on almost ever call. TP got dinged with a couple of BS travelling calls. And then there was the ticky-tack crap on Duncan while Parker was getting mugged on the other end.

TroyF, the refs took Tim out of the game for you, and he never got into a rhythm as a result. You guys went to the line 30 times, we went 28. The difference was, Denver shot a Spur-like 57% from the line. I imagine if Denver had shot their team average, they would have won. The refs can only do so much.

But aside from the free-throw shooting, what beat you guys was your inability to completely execute your game plan. You set out to shut down the Spurs interior scoring ala the 2004 Lakers. Denver did a decent job on Parker, who never really did anything. Tim was never a factor. Two out of three ain't bad. Except in the case of Manu Ginobili. Getting physical doesn't work with him, because he apparently feeds off of it. Denver needed to keep him out of the lane, and as Camby pointed out, they couldn't get it done.

But forget Manu's penetrating scores, interior foul draws and free throws for a moment.

Karl's plan was to make the Spurs win from the outside. That's a gamble with Horry, Udrih and Ginobili, and it wasn't one that paid off. The Spurs shot 6 of 18 from the arc, which isn't great, but the shots were well timed and zapped every run you had. Your bigs were in the east for the last few years, but they should know now about Robert Horry.

So, dude, I don't blame you for being pissed, and I'm sorry we have some 14 year olds in this forum who are assholes, but the net of it is, the Spurs played the same Spur defensive scheme they've played since Pop got here, and Denver couldn't run. When the Nuggets got to the line, they clanked too often. SA on the other hand overcame Karl's well-publicized game plan of shutting down the paint and making SA hit from the outside.

2-1.

ALVAREZ6
05-01-2005, 11:19 AM
I respect you Troy seriously, it takes some balls to show up and take the heat. Although I can't believe you agree with all Karl said in the post-game conference. I mean, I seriously disaprove of wha he said about Manu. Not cool at all.
It doesn't take shit to show up and take heat through the internet...Man, I'd show up in any teams forum and take heat, what difference does it make, Troy doesn't know any of us personally...