PDA

View Full Version : lol at the Rockets and this Martin guy

Amarelooms
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
talk about overrated...all I see is brick after brick after brick mixed in with occasional turnover. Dudes stats are inflated and he ain't all that :elephant

Double-Up
02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
lol Barea.

Kobe Molested Me
02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
:toast

Amarelooms
02-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Landry was a beast...unless the Rockets get some good draft picks...this was not that good of a trade. Martin is too skinny and as he gets older that jumper gonna get worse :elephant

Double-Up
02-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Landry was a beast...unless the Rockets get some good draft picks...this was not that good of a trade. Martin is too skinny and as he gets older that jumper gonna get worse :elephant

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller disagree...and so does every other pure shooter to ever play the game. :lol

Amarelooms
02-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Martin ain't no Allen or Miller....get with it dummy :elephant

Double-Up
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Martin ain't no Allen or Miller....get with it dummy :elephant
Ray Allen and Reggie Miller disagree...and so does every other pure shooter to ever play the game. You fail again cockface. :lol

badfish22
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Martin is too skinny and as he gets older that jumper gonna get worse :elephant

Yes, thats what usually happens.

redzero
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Peja playing like shit against the Rockets again.

45 bank shot
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
better watch Dallas fan, u keep talking shit about other teams. eventually something bad will open to ur beloved mavs

Hemotivo
02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
martin should fake an injury again

DJ Mbenga
02-22-2010, 01:06 AM
he lives on the line. he is just a sg version of maggette

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Ray Allen and Reggie Miller disagree...and so does every other pure shooter to ever play the game. You fail again cockface. :lol

Jason Kapono laughs at you.

You fail now, cockface.

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 01:47 AM
:lmao calling Ray Allen skinny. Dude isn't thick but he's not frail or anything. He's got some massive calves that lead to athleticism.

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 01:53 AM
also, Martin's shooting form is anything but "pure".

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 01:59 AM
also, Martin's shooting form is anything but "pure".

:lmao didn't even notice that.

Double-Up
02-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Jason Kapono laughs at you.

You fail now, cockface.

lol Kapono's not even old :lmao, you stupid fuck...how bout Rip Hamilton? Again Mono-I-wanna-suck-Randolph's-cock fails again at using simple logic.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2010, 07:31 AM
talk about overrated...all I see is brick after brick after brick mixed in with occasional turnover. Dudes stats are inflated and he ain't all that :elephant

Yeah, judge that trade on the first couple of games... :rolleyes

He was an investment for next year. Brooks/Martin/Ariza/Scola/Yao. Wait until Martin and Yao are playing the pnr and a bit of slash off 4-down.

JamStone
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Kevin Martin has proven he can score in this league. I'm sure he'll be fine scoring wise. He might not be a pure shooter, but the kid can still score. It remains to be seen if his scoring and production can actually help a team consistently win. Judging the trade is obviously way too early. But it wasn't that much of a gamble. While Kevin Martin makes a lot of money, he's still young. Landry was great but probably worth giving up if they get a young and consistent 20 point scorer shooting guard.

Amarelooms
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Kevin Martin has proven he can score in this league. I'm sure he'll be fine scoring wise. He might not be a pure shooter, but the kid can still score. It remains to be seen if his scoring and production can actually help a team consistently win. Judging the trade is obviously way too early. But it wasn't that much of a gamble. While Kevin Martin makes a lot of money, he's still young. Landry was great but probably worth giving up if they get a young and consistent 20 point scorer shooting guard.

All I'm saying is that it's easy to look good on a bad team. Now he gotta produce on a decent team...I'm willing to bet his numbers drop drastically and he shoots like 42% from the field and 35% from 3 if that. :elephant

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, judge that trade on the first couple of games... :rolleyes

He was an investment for next year. Brooks/Martin/Ariza/Scola/Yao. Wait until Martin and Yao are playing the pnr and a bit of slash off 4-down.

:lmao, we're still hearing "Wait until Yao is healthy," give it a rest, he'll never be healthy.

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Kevin Martin is a court cancer. That's why sactown wanted to trade him so badly.

Indazone
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
:lmao, we're still hearing "Wait until Yao is healthy," give it a rest, he'll never be healthy.

Wait until we get Chris Bosh to pair up with Yao Ming and K-Mart. :toast

JamStone
02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Kevin Martin is a court cancer. That's why sactown wanted to trade him so badly.

I'm sure some of it has to do with Tyreke Evans being a complete badass on the basketball court, whose best position is probably going to end up being at shooting guard.

I don't doubt the possibility that Kevin Martin's efficiency and maybe production will go down. But, even if it does, if he can be a consistent 20 point scorer or close to that, it was still worth the trade. Landry is very good, but the Rockets need some consistent perimeter scoring from the 2-guard position. And they get Jordan Hill and at least one extra first round pick to boot. That's a good deal any way you slice it. It's not the fleecing some Rockets fans make it out to be. But it's still a good deal for Houston. Even if Kevin Martin doesn't put up all star type numbers, the trade still makes sense for Houston.

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3834/47971094.jpg

:lol

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 10:59 AM
lol Kapono's not even old :lmao, you stupid fuck...how bout Rip Hamilton? Again Mono-I-wanna-suck-Randolph's-cock fails again at using simple logic.

You make it sound like every pure shooter is a badass. Jason Kapono disagrees you dumbass.

Anways, why the hell are you comparing Kevin Martin to pure shooters? His ugly as shit shooting form is absolutely nothing like that of a pure shooter.

rapliketp
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Kobe Molested Me, who's that in your avatar photo?

noob cake
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm sure some of it has to do with Tyreke Evans being a complete badass on the basketball court, whose best position is probably going to end up being at shooting guard.

I don't doubt the possibility that Kevin Martin's efficiency and maybe production will go down. But, even if it does, if he can be a consistent 20 point scorer or close to that, it was still worth the trade. Landry is very good, but the Rockets need some consistent perimeter scoring from the 2-guard position. And they get Jordan Hill and at least one extra first round pick to boot. That's a good deal any way you slice it. It's not the fleecing some Rockets fans make it out to be. But it's still a good deal for Houston. Even if Kevin Martin doesn't put up all star type numbers, the trade still makes sense for Houston.

The truth; Landry has reached the ceiling for a second rounder; Morey wants to take a chance on a lotto big. We haven't had a lotto player since ....ummm our previous GM traded away Gay for Battier (semi-bad trade, not terrible)

Double-Up
02-22-2010, 12:03 PM

Yea his form isn't the greatest by any means but he has proven he can shoot over 40% from 3pt land like he has the past couple years and a decent FG% and FT attempts to boot. Only question is can his body hold up?

Yao staying healthy? I doubt that'll ever happen but he will be in the last year of his contract and hurt or not in this economy he can increase revenue for any team...so we'll see, time will tell in the end but if we can flip McGrady for something useful we can sure as fuck get a lot more for Yao.

Double-Up
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
You make it sound like every pure shooter is a badass. Jason Kapono disagrees you dumbass.

Anways, why the hell are you comparing Kevin Martin to pure shooters? His ugly as shit shooting form is absolutely nothing like that of a pure shooter.

No, I said pure shooters in general have a longer shelf life then the average wing player. Get a right jackass. :lol

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
No, I said pure shooters in general have a longer shelf life then the average wing player.

How does that at all relate to Kevin Martin? He's not a pure shooter. He's in the "Ugly Ass Shot Club" with Shawn Marion and Ronnie Brewer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
time will tell in the end but if we can flip McGrady for something useful we can sure as fuck get a lot more for Yao.

:lmao why? T-Mac just had a great game on the Knicks, Yao might have a career ending injury, Rocketfan is the only group of people dumb enough to think Yao > T-Mac right now.

Amarelooms
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Hmmm Martin having a stellar game tonight...making me eat my words lol :elephant

Lars
02-24-2010, 10:34 PM
He is having a stellar 2nd half, first half was terrible.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Brooks needs to be benched

Lars
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Negative

djohn2oo8
02-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Positive, he rarely ever passed to Kevin

noob cake
02-24-2010, 11:07 PM
We need Lowry back. Brooks can't run a team and can't play defense.

He is pretty damn good at chucking shots though

Lars
02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Positive, he rarely ever passed to Kevin

Martin wasnt rolling off screens to get himself open like Budinger was.

kingmalaki
02-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Martin's shot will come around eventually. But I already like some aspects of his game...his ability to create his own shot and get to the line.

The Franchise
02-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Martin wasnt rolling off screens to get himself open like Budinger was.

Come on Lars that's crap. Brooks would come down the floor and immediately pass the ball in the opposite direction of Martin. On three different occasions I watched Brooks totally ignore a wide open Martin to pass the ball to Andersen...... FUCKING ANDERSEN!!! The only reason Martin had a better second half was because he started holding onto the ball whenever he touched it, and the results were positive. I think Aaron is having a hard time adjusting to being the second option behind a better talent, because for the entire season he's been told to be aggressive. He is a good scorer, but a horrible game manager, and I think that will be made clear when Martin gets a chance to play with Lowry. I also think there's a little resentment, because Martin replaced his best friend on the team. If Aaron can't make the adjustment, I'm willing to wager that Lowry will be the starter by the end of the season.

Lars
02-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Come on Lars that's crap. Brooks would come down the floor and immediately pass the ball in the opposite direction of Martin. On three different occasions I watched Brooks totally ignore a wide open Martin to pass the ball to Andersen...... FUCKING ANDERSEN!!! The only reason Martin had a better second half was because he started holding onto the ball whenever he touched it, and the results were positive. I think Aaron is having a hard time adjusting to being the second option behind a better talent, because for the entire season he's been told to be aggressive. He is a good scorer, but a horrible game manager, and I think that will be made clear when Martin gets a chance to play with Lowry. I also think there's a little resentment, because Martin replaced his best friend on the team. If Aaron can't make the adjustment, I'm willing to wager that Lowry will be the starter by the end of the season.

I disagree with all of that.

Our offense starts with the bigman in the high post on the elbow. I think you guys are just looking for reasons to hate Brooks.

Martin cant create off the dribble, there is no reason to have him initiate the offense. 95% of the time it starts in the high post.

I refuse to delve into player psychology, because that is all speculation.

endrity
02-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I am happy the Mavs didn't trade for him, I was really against the trade then.

DesignatedT
02-25-2010, 12:12 AM
martin sucks. very overrated.

alchemist
02-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Kobe Molested Me, who's that in your avatar photo?
Megan Fox

Amarelooms
02-25-2010, 12:15 AM
martin sucks. very overrated.

read my first post. Sure he can score and will have some good games but he is very over-rated and ain't a star at all...he had #'s on a very bad team. He might be a 2nd option but even then he ain't that great :elephant

Double-Up
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
:lmao why? T-Mac just had a great game on the Knicks, Yao might have a career ending injury, Rocketfan is the only group of people dumb enough to think Yao > T-Mac right now.

Cough, cough...of course Mac is better than Yao right now, the big fellas got a fucking cast on his foot/leg. Yao is still more valuable than Mac will ever be again simply because of the revenue he generates and the Chinese votes come all star time.

HornetLoveJones
02-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Cough, cough...of course Mac is better than Yao right now, the big fellas got a fucking cast on his foot/leg. Yao is still more valuable than Mac will ever be again simply because of the revenue he generates and the Chinese votes come all star time.

you just proved how stupid China is

djohn2oo8
02-25-2010, 09:29 AM

Yao 3rd Round virgin > McGrady Second Round Virgin

Double-Up
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
you just proved how stupid China is

I'm for cutting ties with Yao next if he gets injured again but I still wanna get some motherfucking value back for him. Regardless, I doubt Yao gets traded because of the reasons I just stated above.