PDA

View Full Version : Why last night proved once again, the 06 Finals was a fix

BUMP
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Ever since Dwayne Wade was drafted by the Heat, the Mavs are 11-1 vs the Heat not counting the fixed finals.

The 1 win? A 1 point OT win in Miami in Wades first game vs Dallas in 2003.

Seriously, there's no way a team can suck against another this bad then pull out 4 wins in 6 games out of nowhere without the help of refs

baseline bum
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Ever since Dwayne Wade was drafted by the Heat, the Mavs are 11-1 vs the Heat not counting the fixed finals.

Seriously, there's no way a team can suck against another this bad then pull out 4 wins in 6 games out of nowhere without the help of refs

All your post really does is prove how big of choking bitches Dallas once was, to drop 4 straight to a team they owned when the games didn't matter. Here, let me save you the need to respond:

4-1, faggot

mavsluva
02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Even it it was, I'm willing to bet that your life today looks the very same as it did back in 2006 should they have won.

Give it a rest.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:19 PM

The 2006 Heat were something like 2-13 vs the elite teams of the league.

They also went 1-3 vs the Pistons in the regular season, but whooped their ass in the playoffs 4-2.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
i think its kinda funny how Wade broke the Finals record for most free throws in a series with 97.

That means he averaged about 16 a game. He doesn't even average half of that vs the Mavs in the regular season.

JoeTait75
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
They also went 1-3 vs the Pistons in the regular season, but whooped their ass in the playoffs 4-2.

That's because Cleveland taxed that ass in the previous round. Detroit had nothing left for the Heat after that series.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM

Well, yeah, cause they weren't that good

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
That's because Cleveland taxed that ass in the previous round. Detroit had nothing left for the Heat after that series.

Not so

The previous season, 2005 Heat, were up on the Pistons 3-2 and had game six at home.

However, Wade got injured in game five.

So game six, the Heat lost by 30 points without Wade.

In game seven, wade took painkilling shots (very dangerous to play like that) and had to play limited minutes.

Even with all of that, the Heat were up by 4 points in the final moments of the game, but Wade asked to be taken out of the game due to his injury acting up again.

So, no freak rib injury = Heat take out Pistons in 05 and we are talking Spurs vs Heat in 2005.

so no, not because of cleveland. Heat were simply a better team than the Pistons.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Well, yeah, cause they weren't that good

Best team in the nba in 2006

That team was full of old veterans who were just waiting for the playoffs.

Anyone who knows Shaq, knows he cruises in the reg season, and he didn't want to show how good the HEAT could actually play until the playoffs.

Halberto
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Why is it that Mavs fans are the only ones thinking it was fixed? It's not like nobody else was watching, it was the finals. Here's your answer: denial.

The Mavericks choked, and the Heat came alive (especially their defense).

Why is it so hard to believe your team choked? Didn't you witness another meltdown the following year? Or was that just Don Nelson?

Give it a rest. You look stupid.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Mavs fans are the only ones thinking it was fixed

:lol

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Dwyane Wade 2006 stats

Regular season FT average = 10.7

he was very good at driving the ball, not his fault they foul him.

Your Mav team couldn't play D on him, so they foul him a lot, and then they cry FIXED because you put him on the line too much

XFactor
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Just goes to show that regular season don't mean shit... Its all about the playoffs.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I have seen a number of series I thought were candidates for a fix. Some were finals and some weren't. If I wanted to write about them, I would, but I don't.

Could the 2006 finals series have been fixed? Yes.
Was it fixed? No
Was any series fixed? Only those where Tim Donaghy worked. I say that because he is an admitted felon, so we can only assume he altered the results and changed the series even if he didn't work more than one game. Until another conviction or a confession occurs, let it rest. This is the NBA not pro Wrestling.

badfish22
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I have seen a number of series I thought were candidates for a fix. Some were finals and some weren't. If I wanted to write about them, I would, but I don't.

Could the 2006 finals series have been fixed? Yes.
Was it fixed? No
Was any series fixed? Only those where Tim Donaghy worked. I say that because he is an admitted felon, so we can only assume he altered the results and changed the series even if he didn't work more than one game. Until another conviction or a confession occurs, let it rest. This is the NBA not pro Wrestling.

If Tim Donaghy was known to fix games is it that unbelievable that other refs could do the same?

Rogue
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Dwyane Wade 2006 stats

Regular season FT average = 10.7

he was very good at driving the ball, not his fault they foul him.

Your Mav team couldn't play D on him, so they foul him a lot, and then they cry FIXED because you put him on the line too much
The 2006 finals was nakedly fixed, you would be nuts if you say otherwise. It wasn't because the Mavs didn't play D not mention couldn't play it, but it was due mainly to the fixed officiating that the Miami Cheat looked so unstoppable confronting Mavs defense. Honestly the 06 Mavs team was defensively better than they'd ever been. You'd be nuts if you say otherwise.

D2Procon
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Bullshit!!!! if it were a fluke they wouldn't have been butt raped by the warriors in 07.

Mavs fan butthurt that they will never smell a finals again.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Mavericks in 2006 felt because they beat the Spurs in the epic showdown, then they are clearly the best team in the NBA, and expected to roll over the Miami Heat, a mere road block to the already crowned champs.

Wade and Shaq had something to say about that LOL :)

P.S.

Spurs fans, I clearly remember, weren't very happy with the officiating in the Mavs-Spurs showdown in 2006, either.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM

yeah, you're right. The Mavs were just hacking him all series, cause they couldn't contain him. [sarcasm/]

Watch these videos all from game 6, which was the game clincher. How do you explain these?

6lX_qMS9bRY&feature

Could Terry be further away?

fydhtOSlfW0&feature

:lol:lol:lol

CZKGlHfukc4&feature

Just like the others, no contact

5y8nI1PPYOk&feature

My favorite one, I can't see any theoretical way someone can justify this one

Bottom line, is that Dallas got screwed as evidence by their dominance of Miami over the years, and these videos. Anyone who denies is clearly an idiot

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Dirk's body was out of position and then put his knee/leg in Wade's way. You can't do that.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
fydhtOSlfW0&feature

:rollin

BUMP
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Dirk's body was out of position and then put his knee/leg in Wade's way. You can't do that.

C'mon

bostonguy
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
not so

the previous season, 2005 heat, were up on the pistons 3-2 and had game six at home.

However, wade got injured in game five.

So game six, the heat lost by 30 points without wade.

In game seven, wade took painkilling shots (very dangerous to play like that) and had to play limited minutes.

Even with all of that, the heat were up by 4 points in the final moments of the game, but wade asked to be taken out of the game due to his injury acting up again.

So, no freak rib injury = heat take out pistons in 05 and we are talking spurs vs heat in 2005.

So no, not because of cleveland. Heat were simply a better team than the pistons.

+1

JoeTait75
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't know if the series was fixed, but the officiating really was piss-poor, and D-Wade really does get some ridiculous calls. That's just a fact.

Rogue
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Mavericks in 2006 felt because they beat the Spurs in the epic showdown, then they are clearly the best team in the NBA, and expected to roll over the Miami Heat, a mere road block to the already crowned champs.

Wade and Shaq had something to say about that LOL :)

P.S.

Spurs fans, I clearly remember, weren't very happy with the officiating in the Mavs-Spurs showdown in 2006, either.
the only blunt irony is some Spurs fans often enjoy pretending as fans of Cheat or Warriors only to sneer at the Mavs, and I'm pretty sure you have plenty of other accounts on Spurstalk all of which are affiliated to Spurs like the most frequently used one in koriwhat.

It's just often too difficult for Spurs fans to open their fat mouths chatting about their team with straight faces. Spursfans internally are also aware that their team sucks and they don't mind speaking to truth among their own fan base, but they never forget to put on their eye-covers when some fans of other teams join their chat and ask them to tell their genuine opinions.

bostonguy
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't know if the series was fixed, but the officiating really was piss-poor, and D-Wade really does get some ridiculous calls. That's just a fact.

So does Lebron. It is all apart of the game.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-21-2010, 09:18 PM
get some

Halberto
P.S.

DAMN RIGHT! I clearly remember numerous game changing fouls called on Duncan late in games. You know what though, most Spurs fans aren't bitter about it. Albeit it wasn't the sort of stage the championship is, it was considered the championship in many peoples eyes. In the end, I think it was the best playoff series I've ever seen and I'd NEVER call it fixed.

BUMP

Agreed, thats a better way to put it. I don't really believed the series was fixed, otherwise i'd not watch the NBA, but Dallas did get screwed big time.

Thompson
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
And the Mavs wouldn't even have been in the Finals if they hadn't had questionable calls go their way in the Mavs-Spurs series.

In a perfectly officiated world, the end result is not a Mavs championship, its that the Mavs never make it that far in the first place.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
If Tim Donaghy was known to fix games is it that unbelievable that other refs could do the same?

I thought I answered this, but will again. Sometimes I get too wordy.

Yes, other refs could have fixed any given series, including this one.

However, without "proof" I believe no other series were fixed. That's only my opinion. Show me proof and I'll believe. Unfortunately that's got to be a conviction. I have seen some pretty suspect occurrences over the years that would fit right in line with a fix, but I have no proof.

Rogue
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
DAMN RIGHT! I clearly remember numerous game changing fouls called on Duncan late in games. You know what though, most Spurs fans aren't bitter about it. Albeit it wasn't the sort of stage the championship is, it was considered the championship in many peoples eyes. In the end, I think it was the best playoff series I've ever seen and I'd NEVER call it fixed.
You're right, I concede you're right and the Mavs/Cheat series was exactly as much rigged as the previous WCF between Spurms and Mavs. Spurs and Cheat are co-champions that year, congrats.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Spur fans are retarded. The Spurs didn't get screwed in that series at all. Just because there was one or two questionable calls in the series doesn't mean they got screwed.

Tim Duncan shot more free throws than anybody else in the series

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
C'mon

dude, I'm fucking watching the finals again right now

Game 3, 4th quarter, 3:15 left to go

Dirk is called for a foul FOR TRYING THE SAME FUCKING THING

He sticks his knee/leg out in front of Jason Williams as a way to stop him because his body is out of position. he was called for it then too

THAT IS A FOUL!

Dirk was in the habit of doing that

did he stop yet?

JoeTait75
02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
So does Lebron. It is all apart of the game.

LeBron does get calls, for sure. But w/Wade I haven't seen a guy get so many calls on plays where he isn't even touched since MJ was playing.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
dude, I'm fucking watching the finals again right now

Game 3, 4th quarter, 3:15 left to go

Dirk is called for a foul FOR TRYING THE SAME FUCKING THING

He sticks his knee/leg out in front of Jason Williams as a way to stop him because his body is out of position. he was called for it then too

THAT IS A FOUL!

Dirk was in the habit of doing that

did he stop yet?

idk

but im talking about the video that i posted here that everyone can see and no sensible human being with any sort of intelligence and a grasp of how to play basketball, will say that was a foul on Dirk

Rogue
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
You're right, I concede you're right and the Mavs/Cheat series was exactly as much rigged as the previous WCF between Spurms and Mavs. Spurs and Cheat are co-champions that year, congrats.
actually it's just the reason why Spurms fans are always voluntarily joined by multiple Cheat fans whenever getting involved in a debate with Mavs fans about that year. The Mavs defeat gives Cheat fans a gimmick which is often shared by Spurs fans using to sneer at the Mavs and Mavs fans. whenver the Mavs fans call it a rigged series in 06 NBA finals, the Spurs fans then step out to soothe themselves with the Spurs/Mavs series, which was widely considered also a rigged series by most Spursfans but in fact was a goddamn even one.

z0sa
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
The refs, from the very beginning of basketball, have rewarded athletic finishers driving hard in the paint with lots of FTs. It's the most common refereeing tendency in basketball.

Dirk drawing so many fouls in that 06 series with the Spurs screams anomaly much louder.

ffadicted
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM

Spurs this year = Heat of '06

book it :hat

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I am re-watching Game 3 of the 2006 NBA Finals...

and DIRK MISSES his second free-throw with the game on the line..

score is 96-97, Heat up by 1, with 3 seconds left to go in the game,

and dirk CHOKES!

yeah, blame the refs all you want

Rogue
02-21-2010, 10:06 PM

and dirk CHOKES!

With the previous 3.9 quarters hypothetically fair whistled, it would have already been trash time by then and the man standing at line would have been someone else than the "choker". I can't even imagine how a miami cheat fan could conquer the disdain from their remaining red hearts to review the crime scene in such a peaceful mind.

D2Procon
02-21-2010, 10:17 PM
6 rings faggot......

6>0

dallasmavsnfuego214
02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
The refs, from the very beginning of basketball, have rewarded athletic finishers driving hard in the paint with lots of FTs. It's the most common refereeing tendency in basketball.

Dirk drawing so many fouls in that 06 series with the Spurs screams anomaly much louder.

Refs call a foul when there is a foul. Doesn't matter what type of player it is

In those videos did you see any fouls?

Pelicans78
02-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Miami might have beaten a better Detroit team in that playoffs. Not sure if the Mavs could have beaten the Pistons in the Finals.

Ghazi
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
It was not fixed, but its tainted. Everyone knows the Mavs were fucked. On top of many bad calls, that Game 5 call alone taints the entire series.

Mavs were the best team in the NBA that year. Spurs were better than the Heat, too.

Pelicans78
02-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Pistons had the best record in the league that season. Unfortunately they wore down in the playoffs with the lack of depth they had and ran into a hot underrated Heat team with alot of veterans surrounding D-Wade.

No excuse for Dallas to lose Game 6 at home.

Ghazi
02-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Pistons had the best record in the league that season. Unfortunately they wore down in the playoffs with the lack of depth they had and ran into a hot underrated Heat team with alot of veterans surrounding D-Wade.

No excuse for Dallas to lose Game 6 at home.

refs

Pelicans78
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Do you think Dallas would have beaten Detroit? I would say yes because Detroit seemed to peak in the regular season. But still, they're starting 5 were a special unit.

Pelicans78
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I wasn't happy with the Game 5 officiating. But, I don't want to take away anything from the Heat. They won games 3 and 4 at home and came back and stole one in Dallas in Game 6. Alot of hungry veterans looking for their first ring surrounding Wade. Hard to deny such a team.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
ahh

such great memories, im watching the championship celebration on the Mavericks home floor in the american airlines center

:)

Pelicans78
02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, the Spurs that season weren't anything special. They were getting pushed around by Sacramento in the first round and were lucky to win Game 2 and survive that series. Seriously, Dallas should have eliminated them sooner then they did.

Findog
02-22-2010, 12:06 AM
The call at the end of Game 5 that put Wade on the line for the two winning free throws was terrible, but if you let a game come down to one play, you open yourself up to the refs blowing a call. Mavs still had two chances to win at home and they couldn't do it. It is too bad that Wade averaged 17 FT attempts per game after averaging 7 a game in the regular season, so I agree that the series win was tainted, but you ultimately have to give credit to Miami for winning the series. I don't think it's good for the Mavs or their fans to adopt a sore loser mentality.

MavDynasty
02-22-2010, 12:09 AM
mavs should have showed up to game 4 too...

Hemotivo
02-22-2010, 12:10 AM

and dirk CHOKES!

there was a couple of phantom fouls tough

JoeTait75
02-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Do you think Dallas would have beaten Detroit? I would say yes because Detroit seemed to peak in the regular season. But still, they're starting 5 were a special unit.

They had a "special" coach too, in the short-bus, Special Olympics meaning of the word. I'd have taken Dallas or San Antonio over the Pistons for the Flip Saunders factor alone.

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I don't blame Flip like most people did. Honestly, the guys didn't believe in his offense so they wouldn't run the plays when it counted. That happened countless times in the playoffs during the Flip era. Flip's a good coach and very talented offensively. The players just didn't do what they were supposed to.

MiamiHeat
02-22-2010, 01:24 AM
The call at the end of Game 5 that put Wade on the line for the two winning free throws was terrible, but if you let a game come down to one play, you open yourself up to the refs blowing a call. Mavs still had two chances to win at home and they couldn't do it. It is too bad that Wade averaged 17 FT attempts per game after averaging 7 a game in the regular season, so I agree that the series win was tainted, but you ultimately have to give credit to Miami for winning the series. I don't think it's good for the Mavs or their fans to adopt a sore loser mentality.

Wade averaged 10. something FTs a game in the reg season, not 7

Ghazi
02-22-2010, 01:33 AM

not really, they didnt even play championship caliber ball in the Finals.

Just shitty basketball, Mavs played slightly less shittier, and the difference was the refs.

Rogue
02-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Wade averaged 10. something FTs a game in the reg season, not 7
Then I'd assume the Cheat couldn't even attend the playoffs that season without D-Whistle swindling those easy points scored at the line.

Halberto
02-22-2010, 02:19 AM
If you guys remember the series you'd remember that the Heat had unbelievable defense in the paint when they started their run. Alonzo Mourning had vicious blocks left and right, Haslem defended Dirk better than anyone I've ever seen, and were forcing the Mavs into jumpshots. They couldn't make a 3 at all during the last 4 games. Credit the Heat's defense, blame the Mavs' cold shooting, or consider both... either way it was a catalyst that killed them.

DAF86
02-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Oh yeah, the Spurs that season weren't anything special. They were getting pushed around by Sacramento in the first round and were lucky to win Game 2 and survive that series. Seriously, Dallas should have eliminated them sooner then they did.

I guess that teams that win 63 games in one season aren't anything special.

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I guess that teams that win 63 games in one season aren't anything special.

63 wins is a big accomplishment. Just debating with Ghazi when he said Dallas and the Spurs were clearly the best team. Basically just trying to prove that Detroit and Miami were just as good.

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Mavs had every chance to go up 3-0 and they blew it. You can bitch about the phantom fouls in Game 5 all you want, but Dallas should have been up 3-0 and everybody knows that when Shaq is down 3-0 in a series he quits and his team quits with him.

I don't give a shit what happened in Games 5 and 6 because Dallas had their shot to win Game 3 and flat out choked.

If David Stern was fixing the series, why would he let Dallas essentially win the first three games with no "fixing" going on? Stern had nothing to do with Dallas choking away Game 3.

Rogue
02-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Mavs had every chance to go up 3-0 and they blew it. You can bitch about the phantom fouls in Game 5 all you want, but Dallas should have been up 3-0 and everybody knows that when Shaq is down 3-0 in a series he quits and his team quits with him.

I don't give a shit what happened in Games 5 and 6 because Dallas had their shot to win Game 3 and flat out choked.

If David Stern was fixing the series, why would he let Dallas essentially win the first three games with no "fixing" going on? Stern had nothing to do with Dallas choking away Game 3.
Just because they choked away game 3 it doesn't necessarily mean the final defeat was well deserved for the boys in blue. Dallas could have been 3-0 hence wrapped up the championship by then, but there is nothing guaranteed in any sport. It was only a historical regret for Mavs to blow away their championship that they could have achieved without respite, which however has nothing to do with sentimentality or mental fragility.

Instead the boys in blue had a great season and made the NBA finals for the first time in franchise history. What they deserved was encouragements and compliments in accordance to their efforts, as well as our allowance for the final defeat. It's not the boys in blue that were being pathetic to lose the series IMHO. as a real fan you have to accept the defeat of your team peacefully as how you shared their joy after their success in western conference finals.

sabar
02-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Wade got a TON of calls, but the Mavs just choked. They almost choked away a 3-1 series lead against the Spurs not long before choking to Wade and Co. Thankfully, Manu had the Mavs' backs.