PDA

View Full Version : yeah, so long, I'm out

YoMamaIsCallin
02-21-2010, 10:20 PM
hey if the Spurs are going to keep being mediocre, and mailing in games like the last two, I don't need to waste time following or watching them. I mean, it's pretty obvious they are playing hard only in spots, and not caring much any more about how the season goes. Going 4-4 on the Rodeo Road Trip with only one quality win is the worst they've done since it started, I believe, and bodes extremely poorly for the rest of the season.

(And why did they get that one quality win? Because Popovich said he was going to make some big decisions over the All-Star break. Hey! Motivation! This makes me sick -- it's exactly what bad teams do, play only for themselves rather than the team.)

I think they'll be fighting to get into the playoffs and bounced in the first round vs. Denver or the Lakers. Just like the fodder we used to laugh at back in the day, not so long ago.

I've got better things to do. Not interested any more. So long... it's been fun...

honestfool84
02-21-2010, 10:22 PM
see yah! don't forget to wipe your a$$ on your way out! :D

Obstructed_View
02-21-2010, 10:24 PM
It's not the players' fault that they're continually put in this position. Instead of turning my back on them, I'm hoping for a revolution before this season goes down the tubes.

And yes I just said that, because I don't believe this season is lost yet.

ElNono
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe Duncan knees will feel better having to carry a bandwagon with less weight...

Farewell...

benefactor
02-21-2010, 10:28 PM
1. Bandwagon fans- These fans only care about the team when they're doing well, and ignore the team when they're doing poorly. These are the only real "non-true" fans, because they don't ride along with the rest of the fans through the lows as well as the highs. They may even more fully adopt another team in another city when they are doing better. There's not necessarily anything wrong with these people, except when they bust out the caps and jerseys during a title run and act like they've been there the whole time.

Go ahead and let the door hit you on the ass...and do us all a favor and stay gone.

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
02-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Damn, I'am really going to miss you.

Pistons < Spurs
02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
weak ass fan to be jumping ship when faced with a little adversity and struggle.

Spurtacus
02-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Cya. See you back in the playoffs.

Hank the Tank
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
weak ass fan to be jumping ship when faced with a little adversity and struggle.

isn't that the truth. one of the most successful teams in the last decade and just now falling off a little bit. Hell, the spurs aren't even out of the playoffs yet.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
good riddance, stupid ass beeyotch

NRHector
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
hey if the Spurs are going to keep being mediocre, and mailing in games like the last two, I don't need to waste time following or watching them. I mean, it's pretty obvious they are playing hard only in spots, and not caring much any more about how the season goes. Going 4-4 on the Rodeo Road Trip with only one quality win is the worst they've done since it started, I believe, and bodes extremely poorly for the rest of the season.

(And why did they get that one quality win? Because Popovich said he was going to make some big decisions over the All-Star break. Hey! Motivation! This makes me sick -- it's exactly what bad teams do, play only for themselves rather than the team.)

I think they'll be fighting to get into the playoffs and bounced in the first round vs. Denver or the Lakers. Just like the fodder we used to laugh at back in the day, not so long ago.

I've got better things to do. Not interested any more. So long... it's been fun...:stfu:flipoff

8FOR!3
02-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Later bandwagon biscuit.

baseline bum
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
I have seen much worse as a Spurs fan. This season's an enormous disappointment, but then again I was fan way before 1999, so winning a title isn't a prereq for me to follow them.

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I consider myself one of the most hardcore fans, but even tonight seeing Blair with 13 minutes of action and watching Ian and Malik sit on the bench it's tough to stomach. I love this team so much that it really just angers me and ruins my night to see the kind of shit we have the last couple of nights. It's enough to make me THINK about just waiting until lineup changes are made to start watching again...but I guess I love to torture myself as I still tune in

dbestpro
02-21-2010, 11:02 PM
It's not the players' fault that they're continually put in this position. Instead of turning my back on them, I'm hoping for a revolution before this season goes down the tubes.

I think that is why I am still around. It is hard to fathom that someone with Pops pedigree can't see how placing players out of their natural positions can create so much turmoil.

jdev82
02-21-2010, 11:04 PM
this forum sucks

Johnny RIngo
02-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Can you really blame the OP for being disgusted with the team? Pop makes the games nearly unwatchable with his awful coaching. I wouldn't mind if the team was playing to the best of their ability and still losing. Unfortunately, the coaching staff is making matters worse.

dbestpro
02-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Can you really blame the OP for being disgusted with the team? Pop makes the games nearly unwatchable with his awful coaching. I wouldn't mind if the team was playing to the best of their ability and still losing. Unfortunately, the coaching staff is making matters worse.

Bulls eye!

spurspokesman
02-21-2010, 11:11 PM

I agree. I'm with them now as I was with them when they were up. But with the roster we have we are supposed to be better than this. We are getting beat by inferior teams. That is inexcusible and becoming labourous to watch. Watching other teams wealth of players at all positions and guys of malik hairstons caliber getting better because they have the oppurtunity just infuriates me. I'm ok with the fo mistake of rj but I'm not ok with how crappy our lineups have been. I just can't watch them right now. I don't expect a championship but I do expect effort. This team with the exception of a few severely lacks that. Oh and going forward let's try to draft more players without international ties. Less injuries and bs. Stephen jackson esqe. And I plan to go see them in nj as I do every year but something tells me they will allow nj another much needed win. This sucks. But its life. Go spurs

exstatic
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Bulls eye!

Disgust is one thing. Giving up and walking out is quite another.

Don't let the door hit you, bandwagoneers.

ElNono
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
I agree. I'm with them now as I was with them when they were up. But with the roster we have we are supposed to be better than this. We are getting beat by inferior teams. That is inexcusible and becoming labourous to watch. Watching other teams wealth of players at all positions and guys of malik hairstons caliber getting better because they have the oppurtunity just infuriates me. I'm ok with the fo mistake of rj but I'm not ok with how crappy our lineups have been. I just can't watch them right now. I don't expect a championship but I do expect effort. This team with the exception of a few severely lacks that. Oh and going forward let's try to draft more players without international ties. Less injuries and bs. Stephen jackson esqe. And I plan to go see them in nj as I do every year but something tells me they will allow nj another much needed win. This sucks. But its life. Go spurs

I have my tickets for the NJ game too. Gotta be there in the good, bad and ugly...

Dex
02-21-2010, 11:22 PM

This.

Support your team, jackasses.

It's easy to be a fan through championship years.

spurspokesman
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I have my tickets for the NJ game too. Gotta be there in the good, bad and ugly...

Ugly it is. Maybe we can leave rj there and make the first in arena trade. Lopez and harris for rj and a 6 pack straight up.

sa_kid20
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Losing is one thing but playing with no heart and effort is another. Yeah Pop has fucked up with his rotations and starting lineups all year long but thats still no excuse not to give the effort on the court. This team just looks like it doesn't give a shit with the exception of a few but a few isn't gonna cut it. I'm sick an tired of waiting for RJ's nuts to drop and at this point I'm now finally convinced that it just isn't gonna happen for RJ this year. I still don't think the season is completely lost and I'll always stick by this team but this year has been so damn frustrating.

JamStone
02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Here's my thing. I do agree that jumping off the team when they're struggling is weak. But hey, I understand frustration. What you do is your prerogative. What I don't get is the need to announce it like your time spent watching and following the team is any more important than any other fan's. Why do you need to attention whore your way out? Just leave and be the loser you are. No one cares and no one will miss you. Just stop following them then. Don't announce it.

smrattler
02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
I agree, they suck. They will not be anything but mediocre this year.

But I am Spurs loyal whether they suck or they are parading on the Riverwalk.

Stringer_Bell
02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I've got better things to do. Not interested any more. So long... it's been fun...

Hello good sir, allow me to halp you GTFO!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3RAIwM8eH2Q/SB7O-iX1ciI/AAAAAAAAAxI/XTcW-LfV7eM/s400/LiWei5BM_800x819.jpg

Have a nice trip vato, see you next Fall (literally, you'll be back next Fall)!

rayray2k8
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM

This.

Support your team, jackasses.

It's easy to be a fan through championship years.

oh I can tell it's gonna be a very long and painful season for you two as well as the rest of the "true fans".
Right. Do let us tell you 'we told you so' at the end.

Dex
02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
oh I can tell it's gonna be a very long and painful season for you two as well as the rest of the "true fans".
Right. Do let us tell you 'we told you so' at the end.

I hope that you take much satisfaction in pretending to predict the demise of your own team.

While we're going out on limbs here, let's make bets on whether the sun will come out tomorrow.

spursfan09
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
They suck at the moment, but I still think they will turn it around. And if not, then shit, I'll still watch! Go Spurs Go!

spurs10
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
So long bandwagoneer, I'm sure you will be missed.
Or maybe not.

FeZZy
02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
you = tiny penis hehe

mrsmaalox
02-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Here's my thing. I do agree that jumping off the team when they're struggling is weak. But hey, I understand frustration. What you do is your prerogative. What I don't get is the need to announce it like your time spent watching and following the team is any more important than any other fan's. Why do you need to attention whore your way out? Just leave and be the loser you are. No one cares and no one will miss you. Just stop following them then. Don't announce it.

Very well said. Thanks :toast

hsxvvd
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM
lol... a true fan.

superjames1992
02-22-2010, 01:13 AM

Goodbye bandwagoner!

AFBlue
02-22-2010, 01:14 AM

Exactly what I was thinking..."and we care, why?"

Baseline
02-22-2010, 01:38 AM
This is what is obvious - guys aren't playing with any passion. So little passion it's scary.

That's all on Popovich. He does nothing innovative except trot guards out there to play the 4 spot, and that is only making matters worse. He alienates players who can be helpful, and refuses to play players who could be helpful.

Why should Tim bust his tail the whole game when he knows Popovich will roll out guys like Bogans who are going to do nothing but drag the team down?

Keith Bogans: The Anvil.

Gregg Popovich: The Albatross

erikuff
02-22-2010, 01:54 AM
see you in playoffs or next season.

MannyIsGod
02-22-2010, 01:59 AM
People who think this is bad are just spoiled ass Spurs fans. I remember the days of players like Charles Smith and Nigel Knight and those weren't even the bad days but they were much worse than what is happening now.

Spoiled ass fans.

mexicanjunior
02-22-2010, 01:59 AM

I don't blame you man...all we can hope for now is some lottery magic to help us out for next year.

mexicanjunior
02-22-2010, 02:00 AM
People who think this is bad are just spoiled ass Spurs fans. I remember the days of players like Charles Smith and Nigel Knight and those weren't even the bad days but they were much worse than what is happening now.

Spoiled ass fans.

At least with those teams, the expectations were never as high as they were this year, so the losses were easier to swallow. Plus, the coaching was never the determining factor...it was more the lack of talent.

Xylus
02-22-2010, 02:03 AM
YoMamaIsCallin-- There's a way to fix this. Come back into the topic, apologize for your hasty thread creation, and blame it on frustration.

Or... leave and never come back. Bandwagon fans are like lepers in the online sports forum community.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Or, create a new username.

Chieflion
02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
YoMamaIsCallin-- There's a way to fix this. Come back into the topic, apologize for your hasty thread creation, and blame it on frustration.

Or... leave and never come back. Bandwagon fans are like lepers in the online sports forum community.
He could just say he drank too much alcohol.

But, bandwagon fan is bandwagon.

baseline bum
02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
At least with those teams, the expectations were never as high as they were this year, so the losses were easier to swallow. Plus, the coaching was never the determining factor...it was more the lack of talent.

The hell they weren't high. Expectations were enormous after David's rookie year when they took Portland to 7 games.

SpursWench21
02-22-2010, 02:10 AM
psh..get out!

"never say die"
-goonies

Obstructed_View
02-22-2010, 02:31 AM

Spoiled ass fans.

Those days were about the same as what's happening now, except that the Spurs team with Negele Knight won 13 games in a row at one point and finished fourth in the west, so we at least thought they had a chance in the playoffs. But we weren't happy about their first round exit then any more than we would be now.

MannyIsGod
02-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Those days were about the same as what's happening now, except that the Spurs team with Negele Knight won 13 games in a row at one point and finished fourth in the west, so we at least thought they had a chance in the playoffs. But we weren't happy about their first round exit then any more than we would be now.

Spoiled.

Avitus1
02-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Gtfo

Manudo Flopo
02-22-2010, 03:10 AM

Denver was already on the break...so that doesnt count either..
Pathetic losers

jag
02-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Just leave and be the loser you are. No one cares and no one will miss you. Just stop following them then. Don't announce it.

lennyalderette
02-22-2010, 04:18 AM
poor guy wasnt raised to finish, its okay i think the spurs have something alot of teams dont have on their side..BIG KARMA and hopefully something turns this team around, the way theyre carrying themselves makes me sad, i dont like seeing pop weak like this, if it takes a new coach well do it.
its about the "team" and "san antonio" its not about one coach or player, so lets back our guys up and cheer them on regardless. im a freakin spurs fan and i love it

Mr.Robinson
02-22-2010, 05:14 AM

Bye! Freaking bandwagon.

BillMc
02-22-2010, 05:46 AM

This!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2010, 06:02 AM

Weak as piss, and shows you don't truly love this team. In this situation a true fan looks forward to the rebuilding, or even holds out delusional hope that the team will flick the switch. Walking away is just a pussy move. Don't come back.

mexicanjunior
02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
The hell they weren't high. Expectations were enormous after David's rookie year when they took Portland to 7 games.

With the exception of 1995 (conference finals loss to Houston), I never felt the Spurs were the best team in the league going into the playoffs. Jordan and Hakeem pretty much dominated the decade and their teams were always thought to be the favorites during the pre-Duncan era.

bus driver
02-22-2010, 09:19 AM
i think yo momma is calling so get the fuck off the bus

Brazil
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
maybe duncan knees will feel better having to carry a bandwagon with less weight...

Farewell...

+1

Agloco
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM

Amen brother Stone......

I think users who start threads like these need to be pinked from now on.

elbamba
02-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I have seen much worse as a Spurs fan. This season's an enormous disappointment, but then again I was fan way before 1999, so winning a title isn't a prereq for me to follow them.

We all knew it wsa going to happen some day. We just did not want to admit it because of all the "great" offseason pickups. Oh well, now we put our hope that Splitter comes over and we can get a couple of good role players through the draft and FA should Manu leave.

dbestpro
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Spoiled.

So your saying we should be happy with a playoff exit?

Let me tell you, my team in Football is the Bengals and the fact that they made the playoffs did not make me any happier than if they were the Lions. You either win it all or you don't. There is no prize for 2nd place, let alone 8th place.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Spoiled.

uh, hokay

smeagol
02-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I consider myself one of the most hardcore fans, but even tonight seeing Blair with 13 minutes of action and watching Ian and Malik sit on the bench it's tough to stomach. I love this team so much that it really just angers me and ruins my night to see the kind of shit we have the last couple of nights. It's enough to make me THINK about just waiting until lineup changes are made to start watching again...but I guess I love to torture myself as I still tune in

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

rjv
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
ciao.

Bigzax
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
they're tanking. TPs hurt and we got no defense.

so accept it, root for the guys playing their ass off, or turn off the tv.

this guy is 24th in the prospect rankings...maybe our Spurs got a plan...

granted, i'm just throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks, but what choice do us fans have at this point?

----------------

#24] JARVIS VARNADO – MISSISSIPPI STATE
Position: PF
Size: 6-9 225
Hometown: Brownsville, Tennessee
Projected Numbers:
[13.5 PPG, 9 RPG, 4.5 BPG, .575 FG%]
NBA Comparison: Tyrus Thomas
Analysis: Varnado isn’t as polished as some of the other big en in his class, but he makes up for it at the defensive end of the floor. His long 7-foot-4 wingspan and explosive leaping ability make him a game-changer as a shot blocker around the basket. He’s also a terrific rebounder. Once he adds some bulk and some low post moves, he’ll have the complete package.

LOL@MavsFan
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM

We don't need crybaby fans anyway, so see yeah when the Spurs are contenders again along w/ the rest of the "fans".....Do you realize how much you sound like Suns n Mavs fan?:lmao

MannyIsGod
02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
So your saying we should be happy with a playoff exit?

Let me tell you, my team in Football is the Bengals and the fact that they made the playoffs did not make me any happier than if they were the Lions. You either win it all or you don't. There is no prize for 2nd place, let alone 8th place.

No, I'm saying you shouldn't be little bitches and be like "I'm not following you anymore because you're not in the top four in the West you bunch of fucking losers".

As for expectations, if any of you still have high expectations at this point then you're not only spoiled you're also fucking stupid.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
As for expectations, if any of you still have high expectations at this point then you're not only spoiled you're also fucking stupid.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/04-27-2009/Peter-Holt.jpg

^^Fucking Stupid^^

JR3
02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I have said many times that i don't even care anymore and I'm done with the spurs this season.... but I find myself watching again and cheering for them. I'm a true fan. I don't mean what I say. I get frustrated but ill still be a Spurs fan when it comes down to it. We are an underdog again.