:lol:toast

and NBC didn't even air it on NBC:lmao

Shastafarian
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
and NBC didn't even air it on NBC

Irony

PublicOption
02-21-2010, 11:04 PM
..yeah, now their talking it up like 1980......what fags.

ElNono
02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't mess with the canucks, eh?

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2010, 11:07 PM
LOL I left Canada a few days ago after being there for months..my brother says they're angry as fuck right now..

exstatic
02-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Not really. There are too many people who like/watch ice skating/ice dancing to air a preliminary round hockey game. If they win their QF game and get into the medal round, they'll be on the Mothership station. Fortunately, I have MSNBC, and watched all the way out from the late first period.

The USA kids look loose and ready. Canada looks like they're making diamonds out of coal shoved up their asses. You can tell that the home ice pressure may be getting to them.

exstatic
02-21-2010, 11:09 PM
..yeah, now their talking it up like 1980......what fags.

That's the standard by which all future Team USA hockey will ALWAYS be measured.

Spurtacus
02-21-2010, 11:17 PM
I was surprised to see it wasn't on NBC. Great game too.

manufan4life
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
it was on MSNBC

TD 21
02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Canada thoroughly outplayed the U.S. and if not for Miller standing on his head, they'd have won.

DesignatedT
02-21-2010, 11:24 PM
miller is a beast

Thompson
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I had to look everywhere to find the dang game, I'd been looking forward to it all day. They certainly didn't advertise it very well.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I wonder how much the US' potential success in this tournament could have for the NHL in this country..

Personally, I used to be an NHL fan, I stopped for a while, but I've gotten back into it post-lockout..it's still significant in NY and in a lot of other cities, but the country doesn't really care for it as a whole..I wonder if some success could draw some interest..

PublicOption
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
they got 19 shots on goal in the first period after that in was even.

then the refs gave the canadians two free PP at the end......and the fags still lost.

Whisky Dog
02-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Awesome performance by Miller.

PublicOption
02-21-2010, 11:30 PM
I wonder how much the US' potential success in this tournament could have for the NHL in this country..

Personally, I used to be an NHL fan, I stopped for a while, but I've gotten back into it post-lockout..it's still significant in NY and in a lot of other cities, but the country doesn't really care for it as a whole..I wonder if some success could draw some interest..

I was 10 when they won it all in 1980. If SA had some type of hockey programs I definitely would have played.

Spurtacus
02-21-2010, 11:33 PM

I use to be a casual fan before the lockout. I haven't gotten back into it. But, olympic hockey has been exciting. Wish Texas had another team besides the Stars.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2010, 11:34 PM
I tried playing league hockey when I lived in Canada as a kid, but I never got the hang of skating..I just stuck to league basketball and football..skating really is a bitch..

TD 21
02-21-2010, 11:35 PM

I doubt it. It's not part of the culture like baseball, basketball and football. How many good American markets are there for hockey? Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose and maybe one or two others, that's about it.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Ya, I think the NHL is a lot better off getting rid of some teams..seriously, some of the cities that have NHL teams are puzzling..there are a number of Canadian cities that have been lobbying to get teams, but the NHL front office keeps rejecting it..

TD 21
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Ya, I think the NHL is a lot better off getting rid of some teams..seriously, some of the cities that have NHL teams are puzzling..there are a number of Canadian cities that have been lobbying to get teams, but the NHL front office keeps rejecting it..

Bettman's ego is getting in the way of what's best for the league. Under his watch, the league expanded into the sun belt states, even though the majority of people there probably had/have no idea what hockey is, yet he thought it would work there? The NHL is a regional sport. They should put two more teams in Canada and the league should only have teams in the North East, a few in the Mid West and a couple West coast teams, that's it. It should be like a 22-24 team league. Canadian teams make up one fifth of the league yet account for one third of the leagues revenue.

PublicOption
02-21-2010, 11:47 PM
San Antonio would be perfect. Lets face San Antonio isn't really the MECCA od basketball but we still supported them like no other.....we would do the same for Hockey.

TD 21
02-21-2010, 11:51 PM
San Antonio would be perfect. Lets face San Antonio isn't really the MECCA od basketball but we still supported them like no other.....we would do the same for Hockey.

I don't know about that. Obviously, the Spurs have fallen, but even last season, when people were still under the illusion that this team was still a contender, the Spurs weren't exactly selling out regularly. Overall in league attendance, they were still/still are solid, but just think: if the Spurs aren't doing great in terms of attendance, then what chance would a hockey team have? San Jose works because the Sharks are the only show in town.

FeZZy
02-22-2010, 12:10 AM
how about san antonio spurs on ice! featuring dick, baldy, and timothy

SouthTexasRancher
02-22-2010, 12:25 AM
:lol:toast

and NBC didn't even air it on NBC:lmao

NBC - :rollin

Hockey - :downspin:

Maybe those two goofy idiots, Chris Matthews and Keith OldbigASS were too busy getting thrills up their legs prior to the broadcast and in their excited state they accidently turned the feed switch to girlieboyz figure skating.

Whisky Dog
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
NBC - :rollin

Hockey - :downspin:

Maybe those two goofy idiots, Chris Matthews and Keith OldbigASS were too busy getting thrills up their legs prior to the broadcast and in their excited state they accidently turned the feed switch to girlieboyz figure skating.

NBC has been running the olympics for 50 years, they know what they're doing. Fact is the average American male sports fan that espn, SI, etc cater to just isn't the big demographic for the olympics. Three sports are dominated in viewship by women - figure skating, summer olympics, winter olympics. By putting figure skating in prime time NBC got a 17 rating, compared to a 7 for the hockey game. NBC knows it's audience perfectly for the olympics, and it knows that audience is women. I'm actually glad to see the hockey on msnbc because the telecast is much more pure - it's pretty much uninterrupted hockey without the marketing bs that it would have on NBC.

urunobili
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
saw it live on ESPN Deportes... what an ass whooping performance it was... Canada looked really soft... US... all grit and husle... smells like gold for the boys on red blue and white...