PDA

View Full Version : How sad would it be if the Spurs missed the playoffs?

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2010, 12:50 AM
This is not a joke thread. They are currently only a few game losing streak away from being out of playoff contention. I can't remember a time when the words Spurs and lottery team were ever mentioned in the same sentence but we just might see it this year despite Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili all playing. Considering how many "experts" were picking the Spurs to be the biggest challenger to the Lakers this season it's awfully shocking where they are right now.

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 12:52 AM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 12:52 AM
If it meant the Hornets getting in I would be ok with it.

Actually, the Bees may be better off getting a lottery pick. CP3 could use the rest even though a series against LA or Denver wouldn't go more than 5 games.

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 12:56 AM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Can someone please explain the origins off this saying? th fuck?

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 12:58 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89344

dirk4mvp
02-22-2010, 12:59 AM

It's not that hard to figure out...

jacobdrj
02-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I think it would further link the Spurs with the Pistons... It wouldn't be 'sad' or 'great' either way. The current Spurs team needs a face lift, before Timmay's time runs out...

DJ Mbenga
02-22-2010, 01:02 AM

Findog
02-22-2010, 01:04 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfan5MacmsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfan5MacmsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 01:05 AM
If the Spurs miss the playoffs, a lot of Spurs fans will be

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 01:06 AM
It's not that hard to figure out...

Its fucking retarded is what it is....I'm not going read that pussy thread

By the way.....Durant > Dirk punk

Thundaluva
02-22-2010, 01:06 AM

Findog
02-22-2010, 01:07 AM

Patton Oswalt you dumb shit. Google it.

Your posts in this thread are the epitome of what it means.

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Patton Oswalt you dumb shit. Google it.

Your posts in this thread are the epitome of what it means.

I would elbow 2 of your fucking teeth out if we were to play pickup son...

DAF86
02-22-2010, 01:39 AM
A lot of names and not enough real production from those names.

Duncan and Manu aren't what they were used to be, Parker, who was supossed to be the number one guy on offense this season, spent the whole season injured, RJ and Dice had been major dissapointments and Pop has gone senile. I really think that even with all the relative poor play from our players, we could be doing a lot better if Pop would have coached a decent (not good, just decent) season.

With that said I think this team is still going to make the playoffs and once there they will be a lot tougher to beat than right now, and for next season not all is lost IMO: Parker will probably be healthy to take charge of the offensive load, Duncan and Manu (if he resigns, which I think he will) will remain very good contributors, Hill and Blair will only get better, we may finally bring Splitter, RJ expiring 14 mill gets traded and Pop would hopefully realize that small-ball sucks and get back to the roots to put toghether a physical, tall, defensive minded team.

dirk4mvp
02-22-2010, 01:40 AM

By the way.....Durant > Dirk punk

Where's grandma at?

cobbler
02-22-2010, 01:43 AM
If they miss the playoffs after Spurfan mouthed off all summer how they were going to contend after the dick trade. Wow! I have a feeling a lot of Kobe 2005 posts will resurface.

FkLA
02-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Spurs suck, but they dont suck that much. They arent finishing any lower than 5th place. Come on bro.

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Where's grandma at?

lol :toast:toast

TheMACHINE
02-22-2010, 02:12 AM
if they missed the playoffs, they would automatically be removed from the Team of the Decade award even if they win the next 9 rings after this season.

spurs10
02-22-2010, 03:07 AM
if they missed the playoffs, they would automatically be removed from the Team of the Decade award even if they win the next 9 rings after this season.
Like the Lakers?

AussieFanKurt
02-22-2010, 03:29 AM
I wouldnt be sad

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown + Kobe = playoff team

Tony Parker, Manu, Dick, Blair, TIMMY DUNCAN = ??

If the Spurs miss the playoffs I would laugh my ass off. And it would only further support Kobe's obvious player of the decade recognition.

Ghazi
02-22-2010, 03:53 AM
I'll be shocked if the Spurs miss the playoffs... Portland/Houston/NOLA/Memphis... I doubt 2 of the 4 finish with better records than the Spurs.

DAF86
02-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown + Kobe = playoff team

Tony Parker, Manu, Dick, Blair, TIMMY DUNCAN = Playoff team and whole lot better than that Lakers team

If the Spurs miss the playoffs I would laugh my ass off. And it would only further support Kobe's obvious player of the decade recognition.

There, I fixed it for you.

pauls931
02-22-2010, 08:15 AM
I'd laugh a bit to be honest. I like the spurs, but not the "We'll just turn it on in the second half" cocky/taking it for granted attitude of some of their fans.

Findog
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I would elbow 2 of your fucking teeth out if we were to play pickup son...

Tough talk over the Interwebs!

http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/internet-tough-guy-magazine.gif

You're a fucking pussy.

XFactor
02-22-2010, 08:27 AM
The Spurs are 2 games ahead of the 8th seed and 3 games behind the fourth seed. Imo they'll make the playoffs somewhere in the 5-7 range.

EmptyMan
02-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Duncan won't turn into a bitch like Kobe did.

TheMACHINE
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Like the Lakers?

yup. You must be new here.

Findog
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5Qwtv5hCBk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5Qwtv5hCBk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

nkdlunch
02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
not too sad. This season was a nightmare for spurs and might get worse if Parker is seriously injured.

I'd rather not make playoffs than get swept in the 1st round by mavs or lakers.

Only slim chance I see is if Spurs could somehow face nuggets in 1st round, they could beat them.

best case scenario: Spurs play nuggets and beat them then lose in the 2nd round.
worst case: spurs get swept by mavs or lakers in 1st round.

anyway good thing is, things just can't get much worse whatever happens.

BlackSwordsMan
02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I hope they miss the playoffs it would be more embarrassing seeing them get swept

Findog
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Spurs aren't beating the Nuggets in the playoffs. Get real.

nkdlunch
02-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Spurs aren't beating the Nuggets in the playoffs. Get real.

did I say that? I said they might have a chance and they damn well have a better chance at beating the nugz than beating the lakers or mavs.

Spursmania
02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
It might happen, and it will no longer be surprising. They are playing like an inexperienced deer in headlights team. They don't know how to win anymore.

The FO needs to make some major changes or let Duncan decide if he wants to go to another contending team and win another one before he retires. Doubt he'll go anywhere, but surrounding him with shit players has got to be frustrating. He deserves to have some say in what happens in the future.

spursfan09
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't really see them missing the playoffs.

benefactor
02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
It wouldn't be sad at all. I'd rather have the lottery pick.

benefactor
02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh...and there is this:

spursfan09
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Well we'll see. I just can't imagine them not in the playoffs, but things they are a changin.

Blake
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
If they make the playoffs, I'd rather the Spurs get the #8 seed than #5-7.

Muser
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd be happy with a lottery pick.

bostonguy
02-22-2010, 05:24 PM
No way they miss the playoffs. I'd be shocked if they aren't in the finals or the wcf. They are just too good not to be at least one of the final 4 teams left standing.

FkLA
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Yall are retarded if yall think the Spurs wont make the playoffs, Spurs fans and Laker fans alike. The only teams that are CLEARLY better than the Spurs out West are the Lakers, Nuggets, and possibly the Jazz. The Mavs have been just as pathetic as the Spurs and the trade has yet to show that it has improved them to the point where they are a top tier team out West. Although I still see them getting the 4th seed over the Spurs.

Everyone else is below the Spurs, they just dont seem as bad because their expectations to start the season werent as high as the Spurs' expectations.

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Mavs are better than the Spurs. They were better last season and are even better this season. No way Spurs pass the Mavs unless a rash of injuries strike the Mavs.

FkLA
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Before these two pathetic losses to the Sixers and Pistons the Spurs and Mavs were tied in the loss column. The Mavs have been anything but impressive this year, sure the trade looks great on paper but as we've learned with Dick Jefferson we'll have to wait and see how it translates on the court. So far in the few games post-trade theyve beaten teams theyre supposed to beat and lost @ OKC, not too impressed.

Like I said its just a case of the Spurs expectations being so high coming into the season that makes things 10000x worse compared to a Mavs team that has been only slightly better but had low expectations.

badfish22
02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
So far in the few games post-trade theyve beaten teams theyre supposed to beat and lost @ OKC, not too impressed.

We were supposed to beat the Magic in Orlando without Dampier?
Wow, you must think we are really good! Thanks :toast

FkLA
02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
We were supposed to beat the Magic in Orlando without Dampier?
Wow, you must think we are really good! Thanks :toast

Yall beat the Magic @ Orlando? I just went off games off the top of my head and didnt even recall that, props for that win then. Still though OT against the Heat and a bad loss @ OKC...still not too impressive. Like I said I like the trade for Dallas, wish the Spurs wouldve had the balls to pull off a similar move, but we have to see how it translates on the court. Up until this point wouldnt you agree that the Mavs have been at best only slightly better than the Spurs?

badfish22
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Up until this point wouldnt you agree that the Mavs have been at best only slightly better than the Spurs?

Well, the Mavs season has been weird. The spurs have maintained a consistent level of sucking throughout the season, for the most part.
The Mavs looked great at the begging of the season, like they were miles ahead of the Spurs. That lasted until like January when they start sucking harder than any team in the league. Now, it looks like they might be back to where they were in the begging (knock on wood). So in terms of record, yes the Mavs and Spurs looked similar. But everyone knew that the Mavs were better based on how they saw them play early in the year.

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
It wouldn't be sad in the sense that the OP is stating, but one of rather an alarming sense that everything good has an end to it. For over a decade, you could rely on the Spurs competing and winning the title. It was that simple and alongside the Lakers, there were epic battles that transpired between the two franchises. To see the Spurs struggle with age, injury, and inconsistency, it is truly a sign of what has become the twilight years of an era. Hopefully they'll make the playoffs once again and give their fans something to cheer for. It also should bring a sense of what's to come for those who follow the Kobe era Lakers. He is coming to the twilight of his career, so to mock a team that is surrendering to time and such, should really be easily reflected...