PDA

View Full Version : SuperManu is back, but

Spursfanfromafar
02-22-2010, 03:34 AM
I got disgusted with the first half despite the even score and stopped watching the game, knowing that a 3rd/4th quarter meltdown was in the cards. I wasn't very wrong, but after watching some game highlights, I thought that the 2007 Manu was finally back. Extraordinary single handed comeback attempt.

Too bad though that Coach Pop has lost his marbles. The Spurs team used to play with pride and savvy. These days they look like an older and ricketier version of Don Nelson's squads.

Manu and Tim Duncan deserve better. With losses like these, I suppose we can think of cheerleading some other underdog (how about Spurs-lite OKC Thunder?)

Manudo Flopo
02-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Just Die....

BillMc
02-22-2010, 05:44 AM
The one silver lining (ok, make it bronze lining, perhaps tin...) is that Manu has been looking a lot better in the last 5 to 10 games. It gives us hope that next year (yes, next year) we may have a better team.

That is if he signs with the Spurs and if this resurgence isn't a mirage. Two big "ifs."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2010, 05:56 AM
SuperManu is not back. He played a great game, and he's generally been very good lately, but he still can't elevate to finish like he used to, nor can he blow by his man with the quicks he used to have - he's simply getting better at reading when the defence is in disarray (like in secondary break situations) and attacking then, rather than actually trying to get by his man.

Still, it's nice to see him playing well, and I hope he re-signs to stay here for another two years (12-15mil/2yrs might do it and we have his Bird rights) and leads the bench until he retires. Of course, someone will probably offer him 3 yrs, and that will make it tough to keep him.

ElNono
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Manu, just like Tim, needs help out there. There's just so many holes Manu will get the team out of when every starting lineup we're putting out there gets the team in a hole early on. It takes a lot of energy to play catchup in this league.