PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back at Game 1

JoeShmoe
02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
At the beginning of the season I, like everyone else on this forum, was pumped to see the unveiling of a revamped and rejuvenated Spurs team. That was one of three games I've been to this season and I must say I left very confident about their abilities. Now I'm aware Jefferson had a pretty miserable game but otherwise it was one hell of a team effort. I'm not sure how many people actually recall the way that game panned out, but I remember it being strangely uncharacteristic of the Spurs in that they maintained a pretty solid double-digit lead throughout the entire 48 minute span. Every time the Hornets started a run we manned up, locked down, and held ground. It was an obvious example of the kind of team they're capable of being when their heads are screwed on right. I mean this was a completely new group of guys playing together with only 7 preseason games under their belts and they still seemed to look better than they have in these past few months. And although this thread isn't meant to be insightful by any means I'm just shocked at how high the expectations were for this team going into the season and how misleading that game was. I really don't know where it all went downhill or if that game was just a fluke, but I was honestly incredibly psyched by the time that final buzzer sounded just thinking of the remainder of the season. I guess it just hurts to see their current state when we know how damn talented they all (with some exceptions) can be. I'm not often an optimist and I really don't foresee them regrouping and playing their best ball by the time playoffs roll around (simply given the short amount of time left), but I know this team is far more talented than we're seeing and I guess I'm trying to cope somehow. But hey, more improbable things have happened in the NBA and life in general, so here's to hoping for a turnaround...

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

Holding you, I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say? you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance

Yes my life, it's better left to chance

DxB
02-22-2010, 02:18 PM
What a fag^

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
^What a cawk gobbler^

rascal
02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
At the beginning of the season I, like everyone else on this forum, was pumped to see the unveiling of a revamped and rejuvenated Spurs team. That was one of three games I've been to this season and I must say I left very confident about their abilities. Now I'm aware Jefferson had a pretty miserable game but otherwise it was one hell of a team effort. I'm not sure how many people actually recall the way that game panned out, but I remember it being strangely uncharacteristic of the Spurs in that they maintained a pretty solid double-digit lead throughout the entire 48 minute span. Every time the Hornets started a run we manned up, locked down, and held ground. It was an obvious example of the kind of team they're capable of being when their heads are screwed on right. I mean this was a completely new group of guys playing together with only 7 preseason games under their belts and they still seemed to look better than they have in these past few months. And although this thread isn't meant to be insightful by any means I'm just shocked at how high the expectations were for this team going into the season and how misleading that game was. I really don't know where it all went downhill or if that game was just a fluke, but I was honestly incredibly psyched by the time that final buzzer sounded just thinking of the remainder of the season. I guess it just hurts to see their current state when we know how damn talented they all (with some exceptions) can be. I'm not often an optimist and I really don't foresee them regrouping and playing their best ball by the time playoffs roll around (simply given the short amount of time left), but I know this team is far more talented than we're seeing and I guess I'm trying to cope somehow. But hey, more improbable things have happened in the NBA and life in general, so here's to hoping for a turnaround...

You can't make assumptions good or bad based on one game. Thats all it was.

ginobilized
02-22-2010, 03:29 PM
I saw their preseason game in Austin and they were incredible. Totally outplayed OKC.

Perhaps the many teams continued to improve and gel as the season wore on and the Spurs, for whatever reasons, have not. Yet. It sure feels like their confidence has been shattered and cohesion and production have suffered.

I must admit that the Spurs "system" seems to bog down many players over the years. Earlier in the year they were just playing and now they seem to be having an identity crisis.

If they ever needed fan support in the last 10 years now's the time. I plan to get down to San Antonio in March to scream for the home team in hopes that it helps.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Funny how the Spurs play better at the beginning of the season and seem to wear down as they get more and more coaching and direction.

rAm
02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
What a fag^

:lol