PDA

View Full Version : Siblings

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 10:33 AM
For the most part, do you get along with your siblings? :D

I love my family to death, but some of my brothers and sisters can get weird at times. :lol I'm sure they say the same thing about me. :downspin:

For those of you who are the only child, "I'm sorry or you're lucky"? *shrugs*

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 10:53 AM
My little bro and I are really close. We are 5 years apart though so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
I am not close to my older bro and sis but we have different moms so that prob has something to do with it, plus we are about 10-11 years apart.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
I was an only child for about 8 years. Talk about spoiled brat. Believe me, time out was shunned upon back in the day. I'm glad my sister came along. All "only child" people I know I can spot a mile away. Glad I ain't one.

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 10:59 AM
My little bro and I are really close. We are 5 years apart though so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
I am not close to my older bro and sis but we have different moms so that prob has something to do with it, plus we are about 10-11 years apart.

Is your little brother married too?

I was an only child for about 8 years. Talk about spoiled brat. Believe me, time out was shunned upon back in the day. I'm glad my sister came along. All "only child" people I know I can spot a mile away. Glad I ain't one.

How can you spot an only child? :lol I married one. :D

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I have 3 brothers and they are all a pain in my ass ...

:lol

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I was an only child for about 8 years.

So that's you're problem ...

:blah

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
How can you spot an only child? :lol I married one. :D

:cry me me me me me me me. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh :cry

mrsmaalox
02-22-2010, 11:14 AM
I have one brother. I love him but I can't deal with him too often because he drinks too much and is pretty jackass-y.

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Is your little brother married too?

He is/was. They are seperated so legally he still is but he is in Iraq so he can't really take care of it yet.

mrsmaalox
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM

So you already knew Marini is an only child? :D

z0sa
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I have three brothers. We get along great now; 5 years ago, not nearly as much.

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 11:32 AM

:nope Not my husband.

I have one brother. I love him but I can't deal with him too often because he drinks too much and is pretty jackass-y.

How often do you see him, once a year? :D

She is? :wow :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Well there are exceptions :wakeup but verrrrry few

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Youngest of 7.

I get along with all of them, but there is definite tension between some of my brothers and my sister.

And the brother that lives in Italy is a complete asshole, even worse than I am, but we still get along. There are things he's done while he was here long ago that some of my siblings can't get over. I was too young to have those things affect my view of him.

mrsmaalox
02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
How often do you see him, once a year? :D

After this last SuperBowl, probably even less than that!

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM

Oh ok, so he's the one you were talking about that got drunk. :lol

DAF86
02-22-2010, 11:42 AM
My brother is my best friend (he's only 1 year younger than me), we go to clubs toghether, play sports, talk, well everything you do with a friend. Having a brother (sister if you are a girl) practically of the same age as you is pretty cool. I also have a sister 6 years younger than me and two half sisters (one two years older than me and the other is just two years old) I love them all very much, even though I met my older sister when I was thirteen.

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I have three brothers. We get along great now; 5 years ago, not nearly as much.

Wanna trade?

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm the baby of my family, but I'm not spoiled. :angel

IronMexican
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I only talk to two of my brothers. The rest of my brothers and sisters I never see, I'll say hi if I see them, but that's probably about two or three times a year.

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm the baby of my family, but I'm not spoiled. :angel

Why did you want to know if my bro was married? You know some single mid 20 year old chicks?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
And the brother that lives in Italy is a complete assholedo you at least use him to get some gran crema?

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Why did you want to know if my bro was married? You know some single mid 20 year old chicks?

No, I was just wondering if you both being married had something to do with being closer?

Don't get me started on my sister-in-law's. :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Ouch

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM

What he do?

mrsmaalox
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
What he do?

He drunk posted on my FB page and then ambushed me when I investigated! :lol

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
He drunk posted on my FB page and then ambushed me when I investigated! :lol

:wow

I didn't know you were on FB ...

*hint hint*

:D

z0sa
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Wanna trade?

Maybe if we mix and match we'll get the brothers we want. :lol

02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
do you at least use him to get some gran crema?

No, that's what the extra suitcase is for when I visit; coffee and cheese.

The jackass actually buys shit from eBay and has it shipped to me because it's cheaper for him. Then I have to pack this stupid, heavy motorcycle shit in my luggage, pay the overages and bring it to him. He also wanted me to bring a helmet in my backpack. Not going to happen, bro.

Fun times.

CuckingFunt
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
I was an only child until age 11 when the first of my half-sisters was born. Second sister came when I was 14. I did a lot of babysitting and had a great relationship with them when they were little, but it was only for a few months a year since I spent the school years at my mom's house and they lived at dad's.

As of now, the 20-year-old goes to the same college I do and we get along well and hang out often, but definitely have separate lives and separate groups of friends up here. The youngest, now 17, still lives at home obviously. We all get along great, but due to the age difference and growing up under the same roof, the two of them are close in a way that I probably never will be with either of them, and I'm okay with that.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
No, that's what the extra suitcase is for when I visit; coffee and cheese.

The jackass actually buys shit from eBay and has it shipped to me because it's cheaper for him. Then I have to pack this stupid, heavy motorcycle shit in my luggage, pay the overages and bring it to him. He also wanted me to bring a helmet in my backpack. Not going to happen, bro.

Fun times.

Yeah. What a jackass. I've been looking for that gran crema but I only find the preground pouches. Pffft.

02-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah. What a jackass. I've been looking for that gran crema but I only find the preground pouches. Pffft.

Try the Super:

http://www.coffeerocket.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LAVSC&click=2350

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe if we mix and match we'll get the brothers we want. :lol

How old are your brothers?

Mine are 48, 47 and 38

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
No, I was just wondering if you both being married had something to do with being closer?

Don't get me started on my sister-in-law's. :rolleyes

Just because this gave me an opening to vent.
That bitch of a SIL decided that she didn't want to be with my bro when he was stationed in Korea because he was not home and blah blah blah even though they discussed it and agreed that he should go that way it would bring her and my nephew back to Texas instead of the other side of the country.
So my bro gets back and she is so sorry ( :rolleyes ), everything is fine while he is here and she is "so in love" again but then he gets his orders to go to Iraq and guess what? Yup she "isn't in love" anymore.
It would be one thing if he wasn't military when they met but he was stationed in Wichita falls and then Alaska so that @#*! knew that he was going to be moved around and stationed in other places.

z0sa
02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
How old are your brothers?

Mine are 48, 47 and 38

27, 24 and 12. :downspin:

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Try the Super:

http://www.coffeerocket.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LAVSC&click=2350

The Super. What an idiot. Thanks. :tu

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Just because this gave me an opening to vent.
That bitch of a SIL decided that she didn't want to be with my bro when he was stationed in Korea because he was not home and blah blah blah even though they discussed it and agreed that he should go that way it would bring her and my nephew back to Texas instead of the other side of the country.
So my bro gets back and she is so sorry ( :rolleyes ), everything is fine while he is here and she is "so in love" again but then he gets his orders to go to Iraq and guess what? Yup she "isn't in love" anymore.
It would be one thing if he wasn't military when they met but he was stationed in Wichita falls and then Alaska so that @#*! knew that he was going to be moved around and stationed in other places.

What a bitch! :lol She knew what she was signing up for when she married him.

02-22-2010, 12:50 PM
The Super. What an idiot. Thanks. :tu

No problemo.

A lot of people like the Lavazza Top Class, too. I'm not one of them, but Amazon has a good package deal on SuperCrema, Top Class and Crema e Aroma; $59 for a kilo of each.

That should set you up for a while.

DarkReign
02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Have an excellent relationship with my two older brothers (I will be 30, 32 and 35).

It amazes me that people dont get along with their siblings, tbh. Sisters are the worst, it seems.

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
My parents were foster parents so from the time I was three years old through when I moved out, I had anywhere from one to four other siblings, depending on the time.

My foster sisters and I were always friends and referred to each other as sisters. The only time we said we were foster sisters was when we had to explain to people how we were all the same age but not twins or triplets.

My mom continued with foster care even as a widow.

My sisters and I used to love to mess with peoples' heads at summer camp by stating that all four of us at home had the same mom but different dads. :lol

I also love the look on people's faces when I tell them how I have 25 siblings.

Though many of my foster siblings were too young to remember having lived with us, I am still in contact with many of the sisters I had as a teen.

Two of my sisters called me when they were pregnant so I would know I was going to be an aunt.

Jekka
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I have a younger sister and she's one of my best friends. I hate being the center of attention, so when I was 3 years old and she came along, my dad said he'd "never seen a kid so happy to get a sibling."

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
27, 24 and 12. :downspin:

What an age gap!!!

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I have a younger sister and she's one of my best friends. I hate being the center of attention, so when I was 3 years old and she came along, my dad said he'd "never seen a kid so happy to get a sibling."

I know that feeling! I didn't really enjoy it when we were in between foster placements and I was the only child. I liked being one of instead of the one and only.

jcrod
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
My brother is my best friend (he's only 1 year younger than me), we go to clubs toghether, play sports, talk, well everything you do with a friend. Having a brother (sister if you are a girl) practically of the same age as you is pretty cool. I also have a sister 6 years younger than me and two half sisters (one two years older than me and the other is just two years old) I love them all very much, even though I met my older sister when I was thirteen.

I don't know if that was the problem with my brother. He is 1 1/2 yrs older and we can not get along if our lives dependent on it. We are always butting heads, we are complete opposites. There was never a time we did get along, even when we were kids.

My kids on the other hand love each other to death. They are all very protective of each other.

Jekka
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't know if that was the problem with my brother. He is 1 1/2 yrs older and we can not get along if our life's dependent on it. We are always butting heads, we are complete opposites. There was never a time we did get along, even when we were kids.

My kids on the other hand love each other to death. They are all very protective of each other.

My sister and I are complete opposites, but I think that actually helped us since we never had to compete for anything.

Jekka
02-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I know that feeling! I didn't really enjoy it when we were in between foster placements and I was the only child. I liked being one of instead of the one and only.

Haha, yeah, my parents were helicopter enough with two of us, I can't imagine how bad it would have been without my extroverted sister to distract them.

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Haha, yeah, my parents were helicopter enough with two of us, I can't imagine how bad it would have been without my extroverted sister to distract them.

impressive usage of the word helicopter. That is the perfect term.

MiamiHeat
02-22-2010, 02:00 PM

helicopter enough? huh?

two rotors that spin really fast, so uh, your parents were spinning you and your sisters life so fast they drove you crazy or something?

i dont get it and im curious

Jekka
02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
helicopter enough? huh?

two rotors that spin really fast, so uh, your parents were spinning you and your sisters life so fast they drove you crazy or something?

i dont get it and im curious

I meant it in the since that they hovered. Constantly.

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
When Jekka said helicopter it made me think of those movie scenes in which a helicopter and a big spotlight is used for a search.

florige
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Sorry but thats our job!!! :lol

jcrod
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
My sister and I are complete opposites, but I think that actually helped us since we never had to compete for anything.

Well when I say complete opposites, I don't mean in a sense like I liked sports and he didn't. He's lazy, unmotivated, still lives with my Mom, etc...

He has always been this way, has no cares in the world. If he has some extra cash, he will treat his friends out for drinks instead of paying bills he owes. Which leaves my Mom covering. This is just an example of a long list of crap I can't stand.

David Bowie
02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm the only child . I really wish that I wasn't. My family (parents and grandparents) were very focused on me , and not always in a good way. They expected perfection from me and constantly told me that all their hopes/dreams rest on my shoulders. I had a family member who was pretty abusive towards me, and I think life would be easier if I had a sibiling.

thispego
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
my twin sister is a dumb bitch

JudynTX
02-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm the only child . I really wish that I wasn't. My family (parents and grandparents) were very focused on me , and not always in a good way. They expected perfection from me and constantly told me that all their hopes/dreams rest on my shoulders.

I bet that was alot of pressure on you.

I had a family member who was pretty abusive towards me, and I think life would be easier if I had a sibiling.

Sorry to hear that.

:lol Did you wear the same colored outfits growing up?

thispego
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
:lol Did you wear the same colored outfits growing up?

crofl, yeah probably up until i knew better

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Did you get her hand me sideways?

thispego
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Did you get her hand me sideways?

dont be dumb

timvp
02-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Agreed.

thispego
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
thank you

Inbred
02-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I loves my sisters.

ashbeeigh
02-22-2010, 11:26 PM
I was an only child until I was 7. My sister is 19 now, married, without kids, and living in Kansas. I miss her like nobody's business. Even though she's nothing like me, loud, outgoing, tall and skinny we get along well.

When I went to visit my mom and sister in the hospital the day she was born I was wearing a sundress (it was early Spring and still kind of cold). This sundress was like the shit. I wanted to wear it so bad. But my grandmother, who was taking care of me, didn't know (or so I thought)...I never did get around to asking if she knew). When I walked in, wearing the sundress, my mother nearly killed me with her eyes. It was priceless.

AFBlue
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
I am 5th out of 6 in my family...all of us right around 2 years apart (25 to 33) with a set of twins mixed in . Growing up was a little crazy because there was NO privacy in the house whatsoever. I hated my little brother when I was younger, but now I'd say we're the closest.

I love all of my family, even if I'm closer to some of them than others. The craziest thing is that none of us are really alike. Sure some of share certain character traits, but we're as different as our professions...

Lawyer, PhD professor, writer/director, banker, airmen, and then another lawyer (on the opposite end of the political spectrum).

This makes for very interesting conversations when I go home to visit, and it made for a very interesting life growing up.

Gotta say...I wouldn't have it any different.

JudynTX
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
How often do your families get together? What are some family traditions you carry on? :D

SpursWoman
02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I have a brother somewhere in the world who is in his 50's, whom I've never met.

My sister died when I was 6 (she was 15).

I have another brother who is 3 years older than I am (41), who I was never particularly close to until our parents died.

AFBlue
02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
How often do your families get together? What are some family traditions you carry on? :D

Because there are so many of us and we're spread out across the country (LA, SA, DC, Buffalo), we usually get together once a year around Christmas-time or for major events.

This year my grandmother turned 80, two of my brothers are getting married and my wife and I will be having a baby...so my guess is I'll see relatively ALOT of my family in 2010.

Johnny RIngo
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Having multiple siblings within the same age bracket can be a pain in the ass, at times, but it's a much better alternative to being a single child. Looking back, you mostly forget the fights/arguments anyway. We always reminisce about the good times.