PDA

View Full Version : Manu's Rodeo Road Trip

arakkus
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
February 8 games 29.4 min 47.5%FG 39%3pt 79.5%FT 1.6stl 3.1Reb 4.5Ast 18.6pts

February marked the start of the annual Rodeo road trip during these 8 games on the road he really has been spectacular, close to the Manu of old in my book. The aggressive playmaker we have enjoyed for so many years. I just don't want it to go unnoticed that at least he has stepped up and brought his A game. I hope the rest of the Spurs can get it together and do this as well.

BigVee
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, his play isn't the problem. However, with the margin of error being so slight, the hairbrained things he does from time to time are amplified...even though he usually makes up for them immediately. If everyone was playing to the same level of their capabilities as he is right now..different story. But I am sure he feels he has to do more...which in turns leads to some screw ups. But 1/2 the team is out there like they haven't a clue.

Parker2112
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I feel bad for manu. He has been relentless this year, even if he has struggled at times. Doesnt hurt that this is a contract year though...

I for one hope we will find a way to resign him.

BigVee
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
With this array of talent? I hope for his sake he moves on.

DaDakota
02-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I bet Manu is lucky that the Spurs didn't offer him a contract extension..he is probably going to sign with a Contender next year.

We will give you Battier for him, or maybe Ariza....

DD

lmbebo
02-22-2010, 02:05 PM
he's starting to round into form as the rest of the team plummets. He keeps this up, its going to be hard for this team to not resign him.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I feel bad for manu. He has been relentless this year, even if he has struggled at times. Doesnt hurt that this is a contract year though...

I for one hope we will find a way to resign him.
Manu is my favorite spur, and has been since he came into the league. He was supposed to be resting and not going all out, while Dick Jefferson was supposed to relieve the pressure off Manu so he could be fresh for the playoffs. Besides Manu only 3 players ( Duncan/Hill/Blair) have been remotely consistent and shown that they have a pair. If I am Manu I leave come July 1, 2010. The Spurs had the fact that Manu was injury-prone and that RJ was going to share a nice chunk of the scoring load to leverage not extending him. Results = Manu has been pretty solid even if his numbers arent their. He helps the cause one or another regardless of his limitations. RJ hasnt paid for half of his paycheck and to make matters worse he is probably the most athletic and healthy spur on the roster. The If the Spurs dont trade RJ by the time Manu starts shopping himself, then they dont deserve to keep him. And if RJ is still here next season and Manu is somewhere else ( A contender ) Then I hope he meets the Spurs in the playoffs and sends them (excluding Duncan )and Dick Jefferson fishing.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:10 PM

DD
Ariza and Battier are both players that I like. However, there kinda limited and the area that their most effective in ( DEFENSE ) is not being played by half the roster so it wouldnt make that much of a difference.

Xylus
02-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Good thing the Spurs didn't trade him.

spursfan09
02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah he's coming around. Now that anger I had for him last year, has been directed to Tony Parker.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:14 PM
he's starting to round into form as the rest of the team plummets. He keeps this up, its going to be hard for this team to not resign him.
You mean it will be hard to resign him. He is gone if the FO tries to play games with him, especially he stays healthy for the rest of the season. Provided their is no injury, Manu can easily call the FO bluff if they try to put the MLE on him. I would be happy if the spurs said theyll extend him 3 yrs at $8million next season / $7.5million after that and then a player option for last season at $7million. Everyone thank the FO/RJ for possibly breaking up the big 3.

hater
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
most likely Manu will be sporting one of the following jerseys next year
lakers
rockets
wizards
knicks

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah he's coming around. Now that anger I had for him last year, has been directed to Tony Parker.
Parker, needs to just set guys up and forget about trying to score 20pts every night. When he isnt around we can still score and the ball movement is MUCH better. If he did that he would have more energy to play defense and set an example for RJ/Mason and some other guys out there who cant spell defense.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
most likely Manu will be sporting one of the following jerseys next year
lakers
rockets
wizards
knicksI hate the Lakers, but if the FO has another brainfart regarding Manu and he walks; I would like to see him in LA leading the bench along w/ odom and sticking it the Spurs in the first round as he wins his 4th ring with Kobe.

PDXSpursFan
02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Since the Spurs suck, they should buyout Manu to allow him sign with a contender for the rest of the season.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Since the Spurs suck, they should buyout Manu to allow him sign with a contender for the rest of the season.
I disagree, ticket sales would drop and the Spurs still owe RJ alot of money.The Spurs do suck, nevertheless I personally have been to alot of games this season ( 9, I think ) because I want to see Manu/Hill and Blair. I am going to the game vs the suns and the knicks as well. If the Spurs bought out Manu, I wouldnt go to another game this season. Their are many Spurs fans that feel that way. Keeping Manu is the smart business decision for the Spurs regardless of what Manu wants.

diego
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I hate the Lakers, but if the FO has another brainfart regarding Manu and he walks; I would like to see him in LA leading the bench along w/ odom and sticking it the Spurs in the first round as he wins his 4th ring with Kobe.

my laker hate is stronger than my manu love. and I think (hope) if manu is offered comparable offers from contenders, he'd rate the lakers last and would rather go somewhere that hasnt gone all the way yet.

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 03:04 PM
God forbid if Manu leaves, I'd like to see him in NY or in Chicago, cuz those are the other two teams I like :lol

Great thread btw, Manu has arguably been the best player on the team lately, and deserves a ton of credit for his work this season. Even when he was going through a major shooting slump, he continued to do all the intangibles and bust his ass every minute he was on the court, which is a lot more then you can say about pretty much every spur outside of duncan, blair and hill

BigVee
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the Lakers are a real possibilty for the right price. Phil likes big guards and Kobe loves the guy.

TheChillFactor
02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Jesus Christ u hope he plays for the Lakers & knocks us out??!!??

What kind of fucking spurs fan are you?

temujin
02-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I disagree, ticket sales would drop and the Spurs still owe RJ alot of money.The Spurs do suck, nevertheless I personally have been to alot of games this season ( 9, I think ) because I want to see Manu/Hill and Blair. I am going to the game vs the suns and the knicks as well. If the Spurs bought out Manu, I wouldnt go to another game this season. Their are many Spurs fans that feel that way. Keeping Manu is the smart business decision for the Spurs regardless of what Manu wants.

I agree, Ginobili is worth the price of the ticket.

Spurs have made their decision:

sign Jefferson, no extension to Ginobili.

It didn't take a genius to realize what this decision would bring.

portnoy1
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Jesus Christ u hope he plays for the Lakers & knocks us out??!!??

What kind of fucking spurs fan are you?
The FO has made garbage of Tim Duncans last years and werent willing to make adjustments to bring in sufficient talent to compete; Manu has done everything possible to make it work and the FO instead will live with Dick Jefferson taking money from P-Holt and not performing while Manu does whatever is takes to win and has to negotiate why he should get paid.

crc21209
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Manu was the best player on the Rodeo Road Trip....he looked like the Manu of Old and not the Old Manu....good sign...:tu

carina_gino20
02-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Parker, needs to just set guys up and forget about trying to score 20pts every night.

You're not gonna get shit out of Parker that way. That's not how Tony plays. He needs to get his shots so he can get himself rolling. I'm not dissing Tony, but he's always been a shoot-first point guard.

Manudona
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
The FO has made garbage of Tim Duncans last years and werent willing to make adjustments to bring in sufficient talent to compete; Manu has done everything possible to make it work and the FO instead will live with Dick Jefferson taking money from P-Holt and not performing while Manu does whatever is takes to win and has to negotiate why he should get paid.

The FO, along a bast majority of us, thought that by signing Dice and RJ the Spurs would be contenders again, and when you look at those players with 6 month old eyes, there is little to blame

timtonymanu
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Manu along with Hairston should be the only Spur resigned this summer.

Bogans, Mason, Bonner, Finley GTFO.

Slippy
02-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Manu was the best player on the Rodeo Road Trip....he looked like the Manu of Old and not the Old Manu....good sign...:tu

too bad the team losing has taken off the gloss off a resurgent Manu. :(

Sean Cagney
02-23-2010, 03:40 AM
manu along with hairston should be the only spur resigned this summer.

Bogans, mason, bonner, finley gtfo.

co signs, get the fukk outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!

hsxvvd
02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Fuck you all. Manu retires a Spur.

sammy
02-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Manu along with Hairston should be the only Spur resigned this summer.

Bogans, Mason, Bonner, Finley GTFO.

I agree! :toast

MB20
02-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I hate the Lakers, but if the FO has another brainfart regarding Manu and he walks; I would like to see him in LA leading the bench along w/ odom and sticking it the Spurs in the first round as he wins his 4th ring with Kobe.

I know you are pissed about this season, but...exaggerating a bit? :lol

wildbill2u
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
If Manu goes, does Duncan, seeing the end of championship potential, retire? I don't see the Spurs making an advantageous trade for Manu. If they won't pay him and he goes elsewhere, the team is finished for a good long while until we can get back in the lottery and rebuild.

Name someone that brings what he brings to the table that we could get.

(Don't give me an assinine remark like trading Manu for Kobe.)

santymrc
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
If Manu goes, does Duncan, seeing the end of championship potential, retire? I don't see the Spurs making an advantageous trade for Manu. If they won't pay him and he goes elsewhere, the team is finished for a good long while until we can get back in the lottery and rebuild.

Name someone that brings what he brings to the table that we could get.

(Don't give me an assinine remark like trading Manu for Kobe.)

I think you're right, but, what's gonna happen if Manu gets a major contract in a contender? The Spurs don't have enough money to compete (RJ or FO fault). We will have to see him walk away.
Manu already stated that this time "It's just business" (mad at the fact he didnt got the contract entension). I dont think he's a Spurs next season. If i were him, i'll leave.

smeagol
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM

Huh?

Some Spurs fan . . . :rolleyes

ElNono
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I think you're right, but, what's gonna happen if Manu gets a major contract in a contender? The Spurs don't have enough money to compete (RJ or FO fault). We will have to see him walk away.
Manu already stated that this time "It's just business" (mad at the fact he didnt got the contract entension). I dont think he's a Spurs next season. If i were him, i'll leave.

Define major contract? I mean, the Spurs have $23 million expiring at the end of the season. Should be more than plenty to resign Manu and even throw the entire MLE towards Splitter if they choose to do so.
Somebody correct me if my figures are wrong, please.

pad300
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM

DD

Question: Rocket fan hates on Ariza this year. Would you move Ariza and Battier for Jefferson's expiring in the offseason?