PDA

View Full Version : New Pet Addition to our family

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Yesterday afternoon Bo and I adopted our third and ( until we get a house and a yard) final pet.

Our new pet's name is Caroline. She is a tabby and approximately three years old. I will post a picture hopefully in the next few days.

So now we have our terrier mix, Jackson and two cats Bingley and Caroline.

Jane Austen fans will understand the cats' names.
I thought about the name Jane for our girl cat but changed it since we wanted a sister for Bingley, not a wife.

stretch
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
cats are gay

PakiDan
02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Aahhh... and thank you Angel!

mavfan1000
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
cats are pretty cool, we have 5 but sort of by accident, we took in a stray because it was so cold one winter and she turned out to be pregnant, some of which have died or run away but we still have 5 of them years later. cats do some pretty hilarious stuff if you can catch them in the act :lol. one of ours will actually pick up small things in his paw like a human hand.

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 03:11 PM
cats are pretty cool, we have 5 but sort of by accident, we took in a stray because it was so cold one winter and she turned out to be pregnant, some of which have died or run away but we still have 5 of them years later. cats do some pretty hilarious stuff if you can catch them in the act :lol. one of ours will actually pick up small things in his paw like a human hand.

Bingley is a cat burglar. If I leave my vanity drawer open he will paw through it and take stuff out of it.

mavfan1000
02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Bingley is a cat burglar. If I leave my vanity drawer open he will paw through it and take stuff out of it.

:lol thats funny.

my afforementioned cat will also slap the container of dog treats off the counter so the lid pops off and they scatter everywhere, then he absolutely devours them :lmao

IronMexican
02-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Cats are awesome.

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
:lol thats funny.

my afforementioned cat will also slap the container of dog treats off the counter so the lid pops off and they scatter everywhere, then he absolutely devours them :lmao

:lol How does the dog feel about that?

Trainwreck2100
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Cats are like women-some are cool but most are high maintenance and lazy

BlackSwordsMan
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I once took care of a stray cat who had a litter under my bed, they died I got rid of them and the next night the fucking cat tries to jump through my window tearing up the screen trying to look for them and all I could see were it's green eyes reflecting in the dark. I made great poop that night

Spurfan
02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Good, keep adopting pets, just don't reproduce and raise a child to randomly label people as the anti-Christ.

I. Hustle
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Good, keep adopting pets, just don't reproduce and raise a child to randomly label people as the anti-Christ.

lol @ hiding behind a troll to confront AL. It's AL FCOL! :lol

SpursStalker
02-22-2010, 03:54 PM

:lol

My calico does the same thing!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Our latest addition, Barnabas, fucking shredded my hand last night. Flopped on his back like he was begging for a belly rub, which I'm usually happy to give. Then sank his teeth and all four sets of claws in me. When he's hunting and "killing" his catnip mouse that's plenty cute, but I could do without blood loss.

Ginofan
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
That's great V, I'm all for adopting pets in San Antonio.

One of our cats, Max, will literally try to chase his tail like a dog. It is sooo stupid but you can't help but laugh at him haha

exstatic
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I have the stupidest cat ON THE PLANET. She jumps up onto the top of the shower stall, and tries to do her Nadia Comanici balance beam act, AND FALLS IN. Does she learn for this? No. I've had her for 2 1/2 years and she's probably fallen in 80-90 times. She also writhes around, and then "discovers" a new toy: her tail. She'll actually grab it, AND BITE IT.

She's actually a gorgeous cat, a grey and cream tabby, and has a really sweet disposition. She's just dumb as a bag of hair, though.

J.T.
02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
cats are gay

Fuck you cats are awesome especially if you get one that shits outside.

MANGINA
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I can't stand cats.

angel_luv
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
That's great V, I'm all for adopting pets in San Antonio.

One of our cats, Max, will literally try to chase his tail like a dog. It is sooo stupid but you can't help but laugh at him haha

We adopted Bingley here in San Antonio.

Jackson we adopted from a shelter in Port Isabel, while we were on our honeymoon.

And Caroline we adopted from Petsmart in Austin, where we were celebrating our having been married six months.

When we get a house ( which is likely several years down the road), we plan to celebrate finally having a yard by getting an additional dog.

Four pets is my limit though, especially once we have kids.

angel_luv
02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I have the stupidest cat ON THE PLANET. She jumps up onto the top of the shower stall, and tries to do her Nadia Comanici balance beam act, AND FALLS IN. Does she learn for this? No. I've had her for 2 1/2 years and she's probably fallen in 80-90 times. She also writhes around, and then "discovers" a new toy: her tail. She'll actually grab it, AND BITE IT.

She's actually a gorgeous cat, a grey and cream tabby, and has a really sweet disposition. She's just dumb as a bag of hair, though.

How wide is the top of your shower stall?

Jekka
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Mine rivals yours for stupidity. Kitty has fallen off a second story loft railing at LEAST 3 times (those were the times I was home), regularly falls off window sills, and has run into my door frame at least 10 times in the last month. She also periodically forgets people that she knows well and her eyes are dilated pretty much 24/7. I thought she might be stroking out at first, but 6 years later it's still happening. It's like having a furry toddler.

Do you read the Bloggess at all? She's hilarious, and her cat likes to ride around on her head when she has her hair up in a towel. Rolly the cat. (http://thebloggess.com/?p=5342)

I. Hustle
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Cats are for women and gay guys.IMMHOO

Fpoonsie
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I've been wanting to adopt a kitten for a while now...but it HAS to be a kitten when I adopt it. I've learned that, with cats, I have to GROW to love the thing, otherwise it's just another one of those bitchy cats that I hate. Some people would suggest getting a dog, but I don't have the patience necessary to take care of a dog, or the desire to give it the attention it'd most likely constantly crave, so I figured a cat would, ya know...ill that lonely void in my life. :lol

Edit: fuckin Hustle.

I. Hustle
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
I've been wanting to adopt a kitten for a while now...but it HAS to be a kitten when I adopt it. I've learned that, with cats, I have to GROW to love the thing, otherwise it's just another one of those bitchy cats that I hate. Some people would suggest getting a dog, but I don't have the patience necessary to take care of a dog, or the desire to give it the attention it'd most likely constantly crave, so I figured a cat would, ya know...ill that lonely void in my life. :lol

Edit: fuckin Hustle.

http://www.maddogts.com/images/gay2.jpg