PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: MRI: Parker's pain is from muscle strain

duncan228
02-22-2010, 04:41 PM
MRI: Parker's pain is from muscle strain (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/02/mri-result-conf.html)
By Mike Monroe

In many ways, the mystery continues for Tony Parker.

An MRI exam on Monday showed that Parker, the Spurs' starting point guard, has a mild strain of the left iliopsoas, which sounds more like small dinosaur than a small group of muscles on the front side of the hip joint, which is what it is.

The good news: The team's medical staff has not ordered Parker to sit out for an extended period of time.

The Spurs officially list Parker's availability as day to day, which means the real mystery is whether or not he will be available when the Spurs meet the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night at AT&T Center, their first home game this month.

Parker sat out Sunday's game in Detroit. According to a team spokesperson, he is expected to participate in a scheduled practice session on Tuesday afternoon.

crc21209
02-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like it's going to be like this for awhile...he wont know how he feel's until the day of a game...

Dr. Gonzo
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
They should've traded his ass.

objective
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
which sounds more like small dinosaur than a small group of muscles

that might be even worse than what we get from McDonald.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Good news. He should be able to heal up quickly.

mexicanjunior
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Better to shut him down than have him risk injuring his hip and foot even worse...

timvp
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Sounds like TP got diagnosed with "worn down from playing too much basketball".

rascal
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM

Spurs are in a good position to give him rest with that diagnosis. Let the tank begin.

ElNono
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM

+1

If anything, let's see if we can make a final push...

Mel_13
02-22-2010, 04:54 PM

Can't wait to see him play in Turkey.

Buddy Holly
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Is the prescription: "Play more basketball. Lots more."

Bukefal
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM

I hope so, we need him!

lurker23
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Not particularly great news, in my opinion. As I said in another thread, I'd rather shut him down for a couple weeks and get him closer to 100%.

rascal
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Not particularly great news, in my opinion. As I said in another thread, I'd rather shut him down for a couple weeks and get him closer to 100%.

They may still do that. Its great news. Nothing too serious and it gives the spurs the option to make a call any way they want- play him or sit him- tank or make a push for the playoffs.

alchemist
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Pop needs to shut him down, he needs to be fresh for the NT play

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Pop needs to shut him down, he needs to be fresh for the NT play

:lol

Kori Ellis
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM

It's not good news that it's just a slight strain? That's about as good as it gets.

Muser
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Shut him down.

rascal
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
It's not good news that it's just a slight strain? That's about as good as it gets.

A slight strain can be aggravated and takes time to heal completly. It could be an ongoing thing if he rushes back while it is not healed.

lurker23
02-22-2010, 05:26 PM

I guess I'm more disappointed that they consider him day-to-day. With the same prognosis and a doctor's recommendation of 1-3 weeks off the court, I'd be much happier about Tony's chance of getting through the rest of the season at full strength.

Dex
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Does anyone else find it kind of funny that Parker is too ragged to play in games, but he's still being put through practices?

in2deep
02-22-2010, 05:47 PM

don't worry. with Spurs early summer, he'll get plenty of rest to be ready for World's in Turkey

SpurCharger
02-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah Let Him rest So He Can Benefit Team France....

Sean Cagney
02-22-2010, 06:01 PM

^^^^^^ This. Rest this summer young man, if he wants to play then the Spurs should think of trading him because this will not get better with no rest.

SpurNation
02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Alright...Game Time Decisions.

Excuse me...I mean...What other (mis)fortune could bestow the Spurs this bleak season of underachievement. Players not being able to play or perform at their best. A muscle strain here. A tendon problem there.

All at a time when other teams are gearing up for the playoffs. What a shame. The Spurs might not be able to land a playoff spot.

Let's see. Who will be in next year's draft?

edmon
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
small group of muscles on the front side of the hip

Scratch it on the bench, rub some vagisil on it, whatever, just get in the damn game.:lol

Allanon
02-22-2010, 06:42 PM
This is the funniest thread on ST today.

Y'all are just plain wrong talking about Tony like this :lol

boutons_deux
02-22-2010, 07:11 PM
"let's see if we can make a final push"

The Fat Lady Has Sung.

We know how this opera ends.

tp2021
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
The way Tony plays through his injury will probably determine the goals for the rest of the season. If it continues to bother him without improvement, it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back on the season, and everyone will know 100% that they are not contending for anything this year. Conversely, if he responds well it could be what keeps the team's season on life support until they break through (or finally give in)

Capt Bringdown
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
There's an incentive to play for one's National team, that's the problem. Players are rewarded for playing in the sense that if they get injured or run themselves down playing in off-season national team play, they still get their NBA paycheck.
No consequences for spoiled, selfish millionaires in other words.
Not very fair to the NBA owners and fans in my opinion.

SenorSpur
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Tell Tony to rub some dirt on that hip. It'll be good as new.

Mel_13
02-22-2010, 08:42 PM

Or:

EwngS34B_Vw

Dunc n Dave
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I say Pop should make him play through the injury and play him 40+ minutes a game. Maybe that'll convince him to take a summer off to heal up. Hell, he's the youngest of the big 3 so he should be able to handle big minutes.

If we sit him and let him heal up right before the playoffs, he'll play for the French NT for sure and we'll be in the same boat next season right around this time.

Grundle
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM

I hear cheese works wonders.

superjames1992
02-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Shutting him down would be nice, but the Spurs cannot afford to do that unless they want to risk not making the playoffs. This isn't like past years. SAS is 7th in the West...

Thompson
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Shutting him down would be nice, but the Spurs cannot afford to do that unless they want to risk not making the playoffs. This isn't like past years. SAS is 7th in the West...

So our options are:

A. Shut Parker down until he's healthy; Spurs make playoffs with Parker healthy and might do some damage.

B. Shut Parker down until he's healthy; Spurs miss playoffs, but have a better draft pick.

C. Ride worn out Parker, limp into playoffs and get annihilated in the first round.

D. Ride worn out Parker, miss playoffs anyway.

I'll take A or B; there is risk involved, but I prefer either to options C or D.

SequSpur
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
That is the muscle right between the labia minora and labia majora.

What a fuckin puss.

rascal
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Eva wore him out.

Brazil
02-23-2010, 09:50 AM
This is the funniest thread on ST today.

Y'all are just plain wrong talking about Tony like this :lol

everybody on ST will be happy soon when TP will sign for LA for derek fisher and sasha

Xevious
02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Hip problems aside, his plantar fasciitis is not going to heal before the playoffs no matter how much you rest him. And if he plays into the playoffs and then for his NT, he'll continue to have foot problems. He needs to take the entire summer off.