PDA

View Full Version : Chargers released LT

Rip-Hamilton32
02-22-2010, 06:03 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgBFh6KpvytBiVoJQR05zORPfgM6?slug=ap-chargers-tomlinsonreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
thats a damn shame, wish he would have retired in SD

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1217/pg2_mcfarland_lt_300.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
He is such a pussy. I hope Houston learned from the Ahman Green depacle and stays the fuck away from him. I don't care if he is a TCU grad.

J.T.
02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
He's gonna be a Patriot. Wait for it.

ducks
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
hope he goes to the colts
they like to choke in playoffs
perfect match
he is terrible now

J.T.
02-22-2010, 10:46 PM
hope he goes to the colts
they like to choke in playoffs
perfect match
he is terrible now

lol yall lost to the fucking jets :lmao

ducks
02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
lol yall lost to the fucking jets :lmao

you lost after having 2 weeks to figure out the saints:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

and still did not get a title like the chargers

slayermin
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
LT in DC!

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
He's gonna be a Patriot. Wait for it.

There's no way. Belichick would never let that happen. You forget that Bill is still a vindictive asshole, and when you talk shit about him, he never forgets (see Tom Jackson).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll kill myself if LT becomes a Patriot. Also, if he signed with New England, it would be the definition of bitch made on his part.

monosylab1k
02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I'll kill myself if LT becomes a Patriot. Also, if he signed with New England, it would be the definition of bitch made on his part.

:tu

The only way Belichick signs LT is for one purpose - to humiliate him. He'll sign him so everybody sees how bitchmade LT is for talking shit about New England all these years only to tuck his tail and be Bill's bitch. Then he'll cut LT's bitch ass in the middle of training camp.

:lol Man I hope they sign LT.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:27 PM
:tu

The only way Belichick signs LT is for one purpose - to humiliate him. He'll sign him so everybody sees how bitchmade LT is for talking shit about New England all these years only to tuck his tail and be Bill's bitch. Then he'll cut LT's bitch ass in the middle of training camp.

:lol Man I hope they sign LT.

Just reminded me of this because of that thread you made awhile back, it'd be like Ron Artest signing with LA. After all the shit talking he did about how Kobe ain't shit, he sucks Kobe's cock and signs with his team. Same applies here, only it's worse IMO.

slayermin
02-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Please, LT. Not Boston.

bostonguy
02-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Mono and Dok are you guys insane? I would take LT on this team in a fucking heartbeat. This is Cory Dillion(2004-2005) part 2. Hell I'd go buy me an LT jersey if we somehow landed him.:lobt2:

bostonguy
02-23-2010, 12:40 AM
A rejuvenated Brady with a motivated LT in the backfield. Moss/Jordan Shipley/ and possibly Welker as the wideouts. Omg that is one sick offense. :greedy:greedy

monosylab1k
02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Mono and Dok are you guys insane? I would take LT on this team in a fucking heartbeat. This is Cory Dillion(2004-2005) part 2. Hell I'd go buy me an LT jersey if we somehow landed him.:lobt2:

Hell no this isn't like Corey Dillon. Corey Dillon still had good years left in him, the Bengals just gave up on him too quick because Rudi Johnson had 3 or 4 good games.

LT was over the hill a year ago, and he's in real bad shape now. He's alot more comparable to Eddie George going to the Cowboys. I'd much rather keep Fred Taylor, Vagina Maroney, and Morris.

The one thing LT could contribute to the Pats is goal line scoring, since pussy ass Maroney fumbles it down there damn near every chance he gets.

bostonguy
02-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Hell no this isn't like Corey Dillon. Corey Dillon still had good years left in him, the Bengals just gave up on him too quick because Rudi Johnson had 3 or 4 good games.

LT was over the hill a year ago, and he's in real bad shape now. He's alot more comparable to Eddie George going to the Cowboys. I'd much rather keep Fred Taylor, Vagina Maroney, and Morris.

The one thing LT could contribute to the Pats is goal line scoring, since pussy ass Maroney fumbles it down there damn near every chance he gets.

If we can get LT for cheap, why not? Hell lets draft Tebow and use him as a blocking fb/te. If LT sucks ass, bench him or use him for goaline situations (especially with Tebow blocking).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I'd rather sign LT then waste a pick on Teblow.

monosylab1k
02-23-2010, 12:55 AM

screw em both.

Pats need to be doing 2 things.

1. Throwing a pile of money at Julius Peppers.
2. Telling Vince Wilfork's fat ugly wife to shut the hell up.

bostonguy
02-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Tebow gives this team a lot more diversity. He can be used in multiple blocking schemes and we can throw him out their as a surprise qb at times. Plus he is a good guy and would fit in nicely. Tebow is going to kickass in the nfl.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
screw em both.

Pats need to be doing 2 things.

1. Throwing a pile of money at Julius Peppers.
2. Telling Vince Wilfork's fat ugly wife to shut the hell up.

:lmao agreed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Tebow gives this team a lot more diversity. He can be used in multiple blocking schemes and we can throw him out their as a surprise qb at times. Plus he is a good guy and would fit in nicely. Tebow is going to kickass in the nfl.

How do you know Tebow will be a good blocker? Has he ever had a blocking assignment in his entire life?

Dr. Gonzo
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM
How do you know Tebow will be a good blocker? Has he ever had a blocking assignment in his entire life?

Jesus will help him block.

TimDunkem
02-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Good riddance.

symple19
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Tebow is going to kickass in the nfl.

:lmao I don't think bench-riding, clipboard holders are known for kicking ass :lmao

bostonguy
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
:lmao I don't think bench-riding, clipboard holders are known for kicking ass :lmao

If the Pats get Tebow, look out. Belichick will use him in so many ways it is going to be unfair. :downspin:

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Chargers gave LT charity work the past 2 seasons. I guess there is always one dumb team out there, the Raiders. He is washed up. His name won't get a team any extra seats sold either. He should hang it up.

san antonio spurs
02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
No way the pats give Peppers the money he wants. And regarding signing LT, I think for a season or two at a good price, it wouldn't be a bad choice.

vander
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
LT should have won a Ring with the Chargers, and with all due respect to Rivers, if AJ had stuck with Brees and never drafted a QB in that 04 draft, LT would be retiring today with at least one SB Ring

Fuck You AJ :flipoff

leemajors
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
LT should have won a Ring with the Chargers, and with all due respect to Rivers, if AJ had stuck with Brees and never drafted a QB in that 04 draft, LT would be retiring today with at least one SB Ring

You don't think a change in scenery helped and motivated Brees a bit?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-25-2010, 09:51 AM
If LT wanted a ring he should have maybe done more against the Patriots than get 5 carries and then run to the bench.

vander
02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
You don't think a change in scenery helped and motivated Brees a bit?

yeah, he did seem to reach epic levels of dedication after he left SD, but that's usually the case, SD makes you soft.

chubbs
02-25-2010, 07:49 PM
I just ate a salmon burger.

Yummy!

tony320
02-28-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.insanityworkoutschedule.org/

Fabbs
03-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Ya because Brees is going to make a playoff winner out of Marty Shot and Norv.

It was Rivers fault the Chargers lost in the playoffs. :downspin:

vander
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Ya because Brees is going to make a playoff winner out of Marty Shot and Norv.

It was Rivers fault the Chargers lost in the playoffs. :downspin:

If you think I'm blaming Rivers you're horribly mistaken, it was about the timing of LT's peak vs. progression of the 2 QBs' careers, and the wasted #1 draft pick

could have had Brees peaking at right when LT was having his MVP year; and throwing the ball to Fitz:wow, or had Sean Taylor instead of McCree on the other side, or whatever, we had a #1 pick, and what did we get? a QB equal to what we already had, an overrated, roiding idiot who hangs out with the scum of the earth, and a kicker who has choked in the playoffs every time he has gotten the chance.

Archie Manning was the genius of the 2004 draft :bang

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
would Drew Brees have kept LT from pussing out in the 07 AFC Championship Game?

J.T.
03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
would Drew Brees have kept LT from pussing out in the 07 AFC Championship Game?

No, but he might have been able to get them in the fucking end zone though.

Cloud786
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
LT to the pats make it happen!

JamStone
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4994748

NEW YORK -- The Jets have signed running back LaDainian Tomlinson to a two-year contract, adding an aging star to an offense that ranked No. 1 in rushing last season.

Tomlinson's agent, Tom Condon, confirmed the deal Sunday night.

"He wanted to go a team that he thought had a chance to compete for the championship," Condon told the AP. "He wanted to go somehwere where he had a chance to have a significant role, and so with the Jets he also was going to be very familiar with the offensive system."

The Jets reached the AFC Championship Game last season, eliminating Tomlinson and the Chargers along the way.

Tomlinson spent Friday with the Jets, capping it with dinner with coach Rex Ryan, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and other team officials.

The 2006 NFL MVP was cut last month by San Diego. He chose New York over Minnesota after visiting the Vikings on Thursday.

The Jets went after Tomlinson hard even though he turns 31 in June and is coming off his least productive season.

Tomlinson ran for 730 yards and 3.3 per carry. He scored 12 touchdowns.

He's expected to back up Shonn Greene, who became the starter after leading-rusher Thomas Jones was released last week.

Tomlinson ranks eighth on the NFL's career rushing list with 12,490 yards.

LakerHater
03-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Tomlinson signs 2-year deal with Jets

NEW YORK (AP)—The Jets have signed running back LaDainian Tomlinson to a two-year contract, adding an aging star to an offense that ranked No. 1 in rushing last season.
Tomlinson’s agent, Tom Condon, confirmed the deal Sunday night.

“He wanted to go a team that he thought had a chance to compete for the championship,” Condon told the AP. “He wanted to go somehwere where he had a chance to have a significant role, and so with the Jets he also was going to be very familiar with the offensive system.”
The Jets reached the AFC championship game last season, eliminating Tomlinson and the Chargers along the way.
Tomlinson spent Friday with the Jets, capping it with dinner with coach Rex Ryan, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and other team officials.
The 2006 NFL MVP was cut last month by San Diego. He chose New York over Minnesota after visiting the Vikings on Thursday.
The Jets went after Tomlinson hard even though he turns 31 in June and is coming off his least productive season.
Tomlinson ran for 730 yards and 3.3 per carry. He scored 12 touchdowns.
He’s expected to back up Shonn Greene, who became the starter after leading-rusher Thomas Jones was released last week.
Tomlinson ranks eighth on the NFL’s career rushing list with 12,490 yards.
AP Sports Writer Bernie Wilson contributed to this report.

Fabbs
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow! Is he really willing to back up Shone Green or does he think he is gonna be the man and take Greens starting spot away.

All he did was whine about touches his last two years in San Diego.

I'd love it if the Chargers signed Thomas Jones and he banged out 1400-1500 yards taking LTs spot.

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Thomas Jones isn't gaining 1400 yards this season. Sure he had a good season but he will hit the wall sooner rather than later. I doubt he gets 800 yards next season with the Chiefs.

vander
03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
LT > Jones

and he's going to do well behind that Jets OL, they open up holes. LT might not be able to beat defenders in space or break tackles, but he's effective in getting the most out of the holes his line creates for him, he'll dive/fall forward for that extra yard, and all those 0 and 1 yard carries in SD will become 2 and 3 yard carries in NY

I wouldn't be surprised if LT gets 1000 yards, especially if Green struggles to stay healthy.

Blake
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Eh, I don't know if 2010 LT > 2010 Thomas Jones.....but it's almost like they traded him away straight up for LT. The salaries would have almost matched up.

Since they already know what Greene can do, it sounds to me like the Jets are just getting the big name to sell jerseys and put butts in the seats.

I think it's a win for the Jets more off the field than on.

760Spursfan
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
LT > Jones

and he's going to do well behind that Jets OL, they open up holes. LT might not be able to beat defenders in space or break tackles, but he's effective in getting the most out of the holes his line creates for him, he'll dive/fall forward for that extra yard, and all those 0 and 1 yard carries in SD will become 2 and 3 yard carries in NY

I wouldn't be surprised if LT gets 1000 yards, especially if Green struggles to stay healthy.

+1

I still think he has a couple of good years left in the tank behind the right Oline.

SAtown
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow! Is he really willing to back up Shone Green or does he think he is gonna be the man and take Greens starting spot away.

All he did was whine about touches his last two years in San Diego.

I'd love it if the Chargers signed Thomas Jones and he banged out 1400-1500 yards taking LTs spot.

There's no way he'll take Greene's or even Washington's spot. He'll either make a great 3rd down back or a good replacement to either Greene or Washington if either gets injured. I also think they'll use him as a receiving back