PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Poised To Be The Next Kobe Bryant

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Kevin Durant is progressing at a faster rate then Lebron did. I think Durant will be arguably the best in the league when Kobe retires. He will never have a post game like Kobe or have a sick finish at the rim like Kobe, or be as tenacious on defense like Kobe, but he’s humble, poised, and has the offensive talent to take the reigns in about 3-4 yrs.

Who knows maybe L.A signs him soon so that Kobe can mentor his replacement and give him real on the job training. I think if this happens then the NBA will be in good hands when Kobe hangs it up. :hat

JoeTait75
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Refresh my memory. Did Kevin Durant average 7.6 points per game as a rookie?

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Refresh my memory. Did Kevin Durant average 7.6 points per game as a rookie?

Durant never played with a ball Dominant Big Man the likes of which the league had never seen before...and guess what Kobe still shined...Shaq couldn't do to Kobe what he did to Penny...and he's still upset about that to this day. :toast

Consider your memory refreshed.

BRHornet45
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
lol Durant has better numbers this year than any of Kobe's years. all on less shot attempts as well.

badfish22
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Kevin Durant Poised To Be Better than Kobe Bryant

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Kobe was 5x the defender Duratula was at his age. And a better closer and facilitator.

namlook
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Durant will never be the all-around player Kobe has been (facilitator, ball handler, defender) but his offensive game could get pretty close if he keeps working at it and improving.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Durant's gonna be better

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Kobe was 5x the defender Duratula was at his age. And a better closer and facilitator.

Not true. There's no evidence of that.

No reason why Durant couldn't be as good as Kobe. He's only getting better and isn't an arrogant prick like Kobe who thrived on making every as difficult as possible because he had a chip on his shoulder.

Kobe's career high FG% is 46%. Durant's already surpassed that. Pretty much carrying a mediocre team to the playoffs and a top 4 seed. Durant can be just as good as Kobe. It's not like he's trying to catch Michael Jordan.

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Duratula

:rollin:rollin:rollin

MiamiHeat
02-22-2010, 08:16 PM
let's hope Durant doesn't

I would not like to see him rape a woman, bribe her to refuse to testify, demand trades, ruin a dynasty, and chuck shots.

Pistons < Spurs
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
[FONT=Arial]I think Durant will be arguably the best in the league when Kobe retires.

Agreed.

HarlemHeat37
02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
let's hope Durant doesn't

I would not like to see him rape a woman, bribe her to refuse to testify, demand trades, ruin a dynasty, and chuck shots.

Don't forget snitching and quitting on his team..

Durant might end up being better than Kobe, but he'll never be the best in the NBA..Lebron is on a whole other level compared to the rest of the NBA..

23LeBronJames23
02-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Laker fans: Durant will be almost as good as kobe or good like kobe

Everyother fan: Duranut will be better than kobe

Ghazi
02-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I dont see him surpassing Lebron.

ElNono
02-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Why is he aiming so low?

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Don't forget snitching and quitting on his team..

Durant might end up being better than Kobe, but he'll never be the best in the NBA..Lebron is on a whole other level compared to the rest of the NBA..

I agree Booker T

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I dont see him surpassing Lebron.

Lebron's too much of a beast physically. Durant's gonna be a superstar as well.

jacobdrj
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Dude, KD is something totally different. I would compare him to Gervin before I'd compare him to Kobe... Kinda like how Wade is the 1st Wade...

BRHornet45
02-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Durant is already better than Kobe ever was. anyone who understands the game of basketball and who doesn't buy everything they see on ESPN knows this. the stats don't lie.

Lars
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Durant is already better than Kobe ever was. anyone who understands the game of basketball and who doesn't buy everything they see on ESPN knows this. the stats don't lie.

jacobdrj
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't watch the Thunder much, does KD play defense? I know Kobe plays it every now and then...

duhoh
02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
KD was absolutely garbage on defense his first two seasons.

This season he has made his D decent. Not good, decent.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't watch the Thunder much, does KD play defense? I know Kobe plays it every now and then...

The Thunder are 3rd in NBA defensive rating. Durant's D has to be at least semi-good if the team he leads plays D like that.

BlackSwordsMan
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
durant = new nba logo before he retires

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
If Serge Ibaka develops into the consistent interior defensive anchor they need, they'll be even better at D. Their starting point (Westbrook), backup point (Maynor), starting 2-guard (Thabo) backup 2-guard (Harden) are all defensive studs. Adding a veteran inside like Kurt Thomas would help them a lot. Already have the most versatile, deep perimeter D in the league.

jacobdrj
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Very cool analysis DoK. Most enlightening...

cobbler
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Can you please provide the link where the stats are displayed for work ethic, offensive and defensive footwork, passing accuracy, speed, team leadership, team talking, mental and physical toughness, vision, 6th sense, play calling, competitiveness, etc etc...

While stats may not lie.... they don't tell the whole truth either now do they?

j.dizzle
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Do ya'll know that Durant has verbally agreed to join the Lakers when kobe retires in 7 years? On to the next one sons. Lakerfan are some lucky ass motha fuckers.

BRHornet45
02-22-2010, 10:18 PM
team leadership

ROTFLMAO!!!!

son Kobe knows NOTHING about being a team leader.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Im hoping the Spurs make a run for him in 2011. Durant loves UT and the city of Austin. He made several appearances in SA to watch the Spurs when he was at UT. Plus, I think he is not the type of player that wants the spotlight or focus to be all about him. He is a very low key type of person, ala Duncan.

j.dizzle
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Buddy he is only 21 years old and averaging 30 points per game. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor. You actually don't think Durant will get any better? Are you kidding me?

Durant in a couple of years can average 35 points per game easily. He is nearly impossible to guard and this is while the kid weighs nothing.

Since the Thunder are a good defense team ..and their coaching staff preaches defense, he will definitely improve in that department too.

He isn't lazy, and he is a strong work ethic too, The Blazers are idiots for not taking him when they had a chance.
Good analysis mang. I said in another thread, wait till Durant puts on some more muscle..With that stroke & size he'll be impossible to guard..He shoots three's like he's a PG. :lmao at the Blazers. They would be real contenders if they picked him over glass knees

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Durant's size is what could separate him from any SG that has ever played this game.

Time will tell how he develops.

A lot of players have been dubbed the next Kobe or the next MJ, but very few have come close to living up to the hype.

Xylus
02-22-2010, 10:48 PM
The only thing I question about Durant is his killer instinct. We'll get to see if he has one when the playoffs start.

Halberto
02-22-2010, 11:29 PM
The only thing I question about Durant is his killer instinct. We'll get to see if he has one when the playoffs start.

He has it... believe me. Watching him play at UT, you could see him turn it on at the end of games. Absolutely no hesitation to shoot a game winning shot. He did it a few nights ago I think.

He simply has no weakness on offense.

Pelicans78
02-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Durant has been clutch late in games during this whole streak. The killer instinct is definitely there.

23LeBronJames23
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Do ya'll know that Durant has verbally agreed to join the Lakers when kobe retires in 7 years? On to the next one sons. Lakerfan are some lucky ass motha fuckers.

In your dreams?

JoeTait75
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
David Stern is going to be shitting bricks when Cleveland and Oklahoma City are meeting every year in the Finals.

Pelicans78
02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
David Stern is going to be shitting bricks when Cleveland and Oklahoma City are meeting every year in the Finals.

Which is why James and Wade are going to the Knicks while CP3 and Durant are going to LA after Kobe retires. It's a fact.

Pelicans78
02-23-2010, 12:02 AM

Isn't life better in the NFL when a New Orleans/Indy Super Bowl is the most watched program in television history? Imagine a Hornet/Pacers Finals :lol

j.dizzle
02-23-2010, 12:27 AM
In your dreams?
:lmao In my dreams? hahaha do you even understand how many elite players will be dying to be the new face of the Lakers when Mamba retires? Like my homie said, Cp3 or Durant or even both will be rockin purple n gold in the future. & Bynum will be turning 28-29 & in his prime..45-55 milllion dollars will be off the books when Kobe & Pau retire their jerseys at staples & we all know the Buss family will spend any amount to keep the dynasty train rollin..Hop on its gonna be fun.

Leetonidas
02-23-2010, 12:34 AM
This thread made me lol.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Which is why James and Wade are going to the Knicks while CP3 and Durant are going to LA after Kobe retires. It's a fact.

Wade will be like 35 by then. Give me CP3/Durant over Lebron/Wade anyday.

Seriously would be sick. Paul/Durantula/Bynum just another Lakers dynasty :toast

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Durant is great and I like him I hope turns out to be all he can be ...

But I BET some of you guys that are slob knobbing him now saying he is better than Kobe argued the same thing about Tracy McGrady or Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill or Allen Iverson or even did this last year with Brandon Roy ...

CONSISTENT greatness is the key even Lebron hasnt done it LONG enough CAREeR wise to be on Kobe's level ...the past 2 years? Lebron has been better than Kobe.

Career wise Kobe still gets the nod plus he has the rings ...

You guys slay me with this need to displace Kobe. Kobe will displace himself age is catching up to him it's just a matter of time why the rush? Why also a rush to annoint the next one? The age of Lebron is almost here ...and we maybe all witnesses for the next few years ...

Will Hunting
02-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Durant is ok, he'll never be a superstar. Kool-Aid is 99.9% on point most of the time with his timely posts, but I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I have to see how that frail body if his responds to major injuries that will eventually come. Also, Durant will never have the flair of Kobe, and he'll never be as clutch, or dynamic as Kobe. I could give you a list of shit that he'd never reach, but he'll be ok.

29.8 PPG isn't a superstar? God damn you're dumb. If he currently isn't a superstar then neither is Kobrick.

djohn2oo8
02-23-2010, 10:28 AM
29.8 PPG isn't a superstar? God damn you're dumb. If he currently isn't a superstar then neither is Kobrick.

Don't mind Lakaluva, he is just sucking on Kobe's man juice, no surprises here

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
If Serge Ibaka develops into the consistent interior defensive anchor they need, they'll be even better at D. Their starting point (Westbrook), backup point (Maynor), starting 2-guard (Thabo) backup 2-guard (Harden) are all defensive studs. Adding a veteran inside like Kurt Thomas would help them a lot. Already have the most versatile, deep perimeter D in the league.

IMHO Harden is a good defender hardly a "stud" ...but agree with the rest ...Westbrook and Thabo are ...

TheMACHINE
02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
haha i thought the kobe hate would be less after he won a championship without shaq..in fact it has increased...haha...i love it!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
IMHO Harden is a good defender hardly a "stud" ...but agree with the rest ...Westbrook and Thabo are ...

I'm basing it off what I saw in college but you're right he's not a "stud" yet and Maynor probably isn't for that matter, however both of them are really hard workers who will only get better once they have more experience. Utah gifted them the perfect fit at backup PG when they traded Maynor. Been a fan of his ever since he busted a nut all over Duke his sophomore year.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Not true. There's no evidence of that.

Yes there is. Sorry if you don't understand how defense works.

No reason why Durant couldn't be as good as Kobe. He's only getting better and isn't an arrogant prick like Kobe who thrived on making every as difficult as possible because he had a chip on his shoulder.

They're different players. Kobe will always have been a better defender/facilitator. Durant is a pure scorer with inferior clutch as Kobe at the same age and post game. Which is sad considering KD is 4inches taller than Kobe.

Kobe's career high FG% is 46%. Durant's already surpassed that. Pretty much carrying a mediocre team to the playoffs and a top 4 seed. Durant can be just as good as Kobe. It's not like he's trying to catch Michael Jordan.

OKC is far from mediocre. It's not like he's carrying Kwame Brown and Smush Parker to the playoffs.

cobbler
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Buddy he is only 21 years old and averaging 30 points per game. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor. You actually don't think Durant will get any better? Are you kidding me?

Durant in a couple of years can average 35 points per game easily. He is nearly impossible to guard and this is while the kid weighs nothing.

Since the Thunder are a good defense team ..and their coaching staff preaches defense, he will definitely improve in that department too.

He isn't lazy, and he is a strong work ethic too, The Blazers are idiots for not taking him when they had a chance.

I never said Durant will not get better. I never said he isn't very good right now. I love his game. He has a HUGE future. You can see many areas where he can improve as well. I completely agree with your post.

My comments were directed at the Hornet moron who says Durant is already better than Kobe ever has been.

lil_penny
02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Once again... lol blazers