PDA

View Full Version : Who is the strongest PG in the league?

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Poll comming soon

DPG21920
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Lebron

noob cake
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Fisher; retard strength + 6'1", 210 lbs.

himat
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Why is Derrick on there? He's probably strong, but I think him as quick more than strong.

I'm biased. I pick Chauncey.:lol

Chieflion
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Jason Kidd.

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Why is Derrick on there? He's probably strong, but I think him as quick more than strong.

I'm biased. I pick Chauncey.:lol

aQFPpiKum4c

IronMexican
02-22-2010, 09:52 PM
As fa as upper body strength, probably Fisher. He's yoke.

XFactor
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
You could make a case for Baron Davis, the guy weighs 214 pounds.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Goran Dragic. 6'4', 180 pounds of sheer muscle.

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Just because the person weighs more that doesnt make him stronger....

Darthkiller
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
westbrook

XFactor
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Actually it does considering all these point guards have very low body fat making excess weight all muscle.....

Allanon
02-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Fisher, Stuckey, DWill, Bynum

milkshakeballa
02-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Fisher; retard strength + 6'1", 210 lbs.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

This actually made me LOL in my chair.

The Franchise
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Earl Boykins is the strongest.

noob cake
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM

This,

For pro athletes, weight <=> strength usually

picc84
02-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Derek Fisher is strong-arming Phil Jackson into playing him 27mpg, despite giving up 7 inches and 50 pounds. Nobodys fuckin with that.

Pistons < Spurs
02-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Stuckey

JamStone
02-22-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd probably say Baron Davis when he's healthy (which I know is rare). The guy's a tank. That guy has natural strength and the weight and muscle mass to deliver much more force than most other point guards when he bangs into defenders or bodies up on defense.

At least back in the 2008 NBA Draft, both Russell Westbrook and Ty Lawson outbenched Derrick Rose. Not that bench pressing is the final determination of strength. But I think Rose is more about athleticism and explosion than he is about strength. He's probably gotten stronger, and Rose has above average strength for a point guard, but I think his athleticism and explosiveness are what stands out more than his strength.

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
aQFPpiKum4c

:wow:wow:wow

Allanon
02-23-2010, 12:42 AM
You guys are going to say I'm hatin' again...but I'm noticing more and more that DRose is actually a "soft" player.

He's like a Vince Carter kind of soft outside of the spectacular dunks. Rose shies away from contact.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM
You guys are going to say I'm hatin' again...but I'm noticing more and more that DRose is actually a "soft" player.

He's like a Vince Carter kind of soft outside of the spectacular dunks. Rose shies away from contact.

Thats why all his points come inside the paint......R-tard

Allanon
02-23-2010, 12:47 AM

Dude, are you you sure that you're a Bulls fan?

You should know this isn't true. :lol

sefant77
02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Kidd, still defending SG/SF if he has too. Like lockdown defense againt Artest in the last RS game against the Rockets last season...

Healthy of course Baron, but he is never healthy.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Dude, are you you sure that you're a Bulls fan?

You should know this isn't true. :lol

Heres a random clip. All his points came inside the paint. So STFU

kA_7ylTaHXs

sefant77
02-23-2010, 12:56 AM

Thats because he has no range and his jumper sucks?

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Thats because he has no range and his jumper sucks?

No, when you have the athleticism of Rose you use it to your advantage and drive to the hoop, not settle for jumpshots......

Halberto
02-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Probably a toss up between Fisher and Billups. I think Chauncy uses his strength more though. I dont know how he doesnt get tons of offensive fouls

Allanon
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Heres a random clip. All his points came inside the paint. So STFU

One video clip does not a season make.

Here are some SEASON stats, so STFU

1) 3 FT's per game, 25th among guards
2) 3.7 rebounds per game, 22nd among guards

If he was scoring "all his points in the paint" like you claim he is, he'd be a much better rebounder and have alot more FT's.

Guys like Stuckey, Tony Parker, Billups, DWill, Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Monta Ellis all get alot more FT's than Rose does.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 01:20 AM
One video clip does not a season make.

Here are some SEASON stats, so STFU

1) 3 FT's per game, 25th among guards
2) 3.7 rebounds per game, 22nd among guards

1)First of all dumbass just because he doesn't get calls doesn't mean he doesnt drive to the hoop.

2) Second of all dumbass, a point guards job isnt to rebound thats the job of the bigs.

3) Third of all dumbass, how the fuck does he average 20ppg with .477% fg, as stated above his jumpshot sucks ass....so it must be driving the lane

4) Fourth of all dumbass you need to watch more Bulls game before you make retarded statementws.

5) Fifth of all dumbass, when you have Joakim Noah the second best rebounder in the league and Tyrus Thomas another great rebounder, its pretty hard for a point guard to grab it over them.

Allanon
02-23-2010, 01:25 AM
1)First of all dumbass just because he doesn't get calls doesn't mean he doesnt drive to the hoop.

2) Second of all dumbass, a point guards job isnt to rebound thats the job of the bigs.

3) Third of all dumbass, how the fuck does he average 20ppg with .477% fg, as stated above his jumpshot sucks ass....so it must be driving the lane

4) Fourth of all dumbass you need to watch more Bulls game before you make retarded statementws.

Hahah, you're one stupid mother fucker. Ok.

1) Rose is the only guard that doesn't get calls? Tony Parker, Rodney Stuckey are so much more loved by the refs. How myopic :lol
2) That's why guys like Rondo and Stuckey get more rebounds? They're obviously not doing their job
3) Most of Rose's shots are jumpers. Only 5 shots per game are at the rim
4) I think you're the one that needs to watch more Bulls game. You obviously don't even know your own player :lol

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Hahah, you're one stupid mother fucker. Ok.

1) Rose is the only guard that doesn't get calls? Tony Parker, Rodney Stuckey are so much more loved by the refs. How myopic :lol
2) That's why guys like Rondo and Stuckey get more rebounds? They're obviously not doing their job
3) Most of Rose's shots are jumpers. Only 5 shots per game are at the rim
4) I think you're the one that needs to watch more Bulls game. You obviously don't even know your own player :lol

1) Reread my 1st comment fuckstick. I said just because a person does not get any calls dont mean he doesnt drive through the rim

2)Who fuckin cares if they can rebound, can they score like Rose?? Would you fuckin pick a pg based on his ability to rebound or score? Thats what I fuckin thought

3) Again dumbass Rose has one of the worst jumpshots in the NBA how the fuck can he get 20ppg with .472fg%. Certainly not from his jumpshots. You tard. Get me one video where he actually shoots jumpshots more than driving in the lane

4) Again youre a fuckin lakers fan and dont know shit about the Bulls.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Gotta go with Billups.

Allanon
02-23-2010, 01:37 AM
1) Reread my 1st comment fuckstick. I said just because a person does not get any calls dont mean he doesnt drive through the rim

2)Who fuckin cares if they can rebound, can they score like Rose?? Would you fuckin pick a pg based on his ability to rebound or score? Thats what I fuckin thought

3) Again dumbass Rose has one of the worst jumpshots in the NBA how the fuck can he get 20ppg with .472fg%. Certainly not from his jumpshots. You tard. Get me one video where he actually shoots jumpshots more than driving in the lane

4) Again youre a fuckin lakers fan and dont know shit about the Bulls.

Hahah, again, you're avoiding the key points Rose luvah.

1) Name me one driving Point guard who doesn't get foul calls you stupid shit :lol They ALL do; except for Rose. No And1's for Rose? A coincidence?

2) If you're not going up strong in the paint and getting And1's, maybe you can go for some tough rebounds like Rondo. Too much dirty work for Rose.

3) Hahah, I've already told you bitch. Only 5 of Rose's 17 attempts come at the rim. Show me where it says "All of Rose's points come from within the paint" like you said :lol

4) Again, you're a fake ass bandwagon Bulls fan if a Lakerfan knows more about Rose than you do.

mavs>spurs2
02-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Where are you getting this "at the rim" stat? scoring from in the paint is still points in the paint, even if you don't go right completely to the rim all the way. Sorry but I gotta agree with bull fan, Derrick Rose is great at slashing to the rim.

Allanon
02-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Derrick Rose is great at slashing to the rim.

Derrick Rose is indeed great at slashing to the rim.

The problem is he doesn't do it often enough even though it's his strongest move.

With his superior size and strength, he doesn't post up other guards either and often settles for jumpshots.

He doesn't defend particularly well and he doesn't rebound well either. He shies away from contact and doesn't get AND1's.

This is why I say he is "soft". What "tough" criteria does he fulfill?

mavsfan1000
02-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Where are you getting this "at the rim" stat? scoring from in the paint is still points in the paint, even if you don't go right completely to the rim all the way. Sorry but I gotta agree with bull fan, Derrick Rose is great at slashing to the rim.
So you are mavfan1000.

Bob Lanier
02-23-2010, 03:00 AM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/03/barondavisskating.jpg

Double-Up
02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Baron Davis.

Pero
02-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Nobody can seem to steal the ball from Evans because he is so strong.

Except when the game is on the line. :lol

Mike D
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
BDiddy or Chauncey for total body strength. DFish for upper body only strength.

Mike D
02-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Adam8065, the article about Boykins paints an impressive picture of his strength.

However, he's not a heavy minute guy, he's a backup PG. While the thread did not qualify the thread as "who is the best heavy-minute PG" I feel that the thread is essentially looking at the PGs who play the heavy share of their teams' PG minutes. I'd equate Boykins to the 3rd down only running back in football, or the speedy WR who only is good for streak routes.

Good article nonetheless.