PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson: Doing the Johnson surname solid...

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen many ATL Hawks games, but it is impressive to see the guy do his thing in relative anonymity. The Hawks definitely should do whatever it takes to re-up the guy. If not, he could make a new team even more deadly. First win in SLC since Slick Willy was in office. ('93 for those too young to remember).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:29 PM
:depressed

himat
02-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Who did Phoenix trade him for in the first place?

Pelicans78
Utah were probably a bit tired from last night, but still a good win for Atlanta. Still, Utah fought hard without D-Will even after an emotional win last night.

Allanon
Joe Johnson's rumored to be the #2 guy that the Knicks are targeting this summer.

himat
02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Utah should go after him....If they get someone good at the wing they can be a contender.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Boris "Piece of lazy fat shit" Diaw

Allanon
02-22-2010, 11:32 PM

Diaw

The Gemini Method
Man, Suns fans must be angry at their FO for letting him get away...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Utah should go after him....If they get someone good at the wing they can be a contender.

Utah doesn't get black free agents, black people don't like playing in racist areas :lol

himat
Boris "Piece of lazy fat shit" Diaw

And....There was someone else right?

Please tell me it wasn't a 1 for 1 swap. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:33 PM

It was a sign and trade so it's not like they traded an under contract JJ, he wanted to leave at that point. They also got a pick they traded for nothing, and another pick that turned into robin lopez.

himat
02-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Utah doesn't get black free agents, black people don't like playing in racist areas :lol

:lol In all seriousness thats a good point. Deron and Boozer are black but they're light skinned.

Maybe this is the reason Deron was picked over CP3.:lmao

Darthkiller

robin lopez

djohn2oo8

Which is why Deron Williams hinted at leaving Utah

himat
02-22-2010, 11:35 PM
It was a sign and trade so it's not like they traded an under contract JJ, he wanted to leave at that point. They also got a pick they traded for nothing, and another pick that turned into robin lopez.

Okay.

I don't think Joe would have thrived under Dantoni's system too much though. I think Woodson is a better coach than him personally.

balli
02-22-2010, 11:35 PM

Johnson forced it because Sarver was being a cheap bastard. And to PHO credit, the one season Diaw played, y'know, like he gave a fuck, was that following year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
:lol In all seriousness thats a good point. Deron and Boozer are black but they're light skinned.

Maybe this is the reason Deron was picked over CP3.:lmao

Deron was drafted, he didn't chose to go there. Boozer is a racial anomaly, we don't really know what he is. He was born in Alaska, and that state seems like it has plenty of racism. He's probably used to it.

And Karl Malone, the whitest player ever in the NBA, naturally spent his entire career in Utah.

balli
Which is why Deron Williams hinted at leaving Utah

Yeah, which is why he signed the extension in the first place and spends his summers here. Dumbass(es).

D2Procon
Derrick Rose > Joe Johnson....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Okay.

I don't think Joe would have thrived under Dantoni's system too much though. I think Woodson is a better coach than him personally.

I completely agree, that's why D'antoni is just as much to blame as Sarver. JJ knew that if he stayed in Phoenix, he would have turned into a 1 dimensional chucker who never handled the ball and played off Nash. Same thing that happened to Q-Rich and J-Rich would have happened to him.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah, which is why he signed the extension in the first place. Dumbass.

A day after the Jazz traded his self-described "little brother," Deron Williams sharply questioned Friday the direction the team was going after the deal that sent Ronnie Brewer to Memphis for a protected first-round draft pick.

"I think if we'd make a trade it would be something a little different than that," Williams said at the pregame shootaround. "You look at all the teams that are getting better around the West and we essentially get worse, if you ask me."

Williams didn't hide his frustration in talking to reporters and broadcasts, starting out by saying, "I really ain't got nothing much good to say about the trade," and declaring it was "pretty safe to say" his feelings were shared among the team.

Asked whether the Brewer trade affected his thinking about his long-term future in Utah, Williams uttered words that could reverberate in the team's front office: "That's why I signed a three-year deal."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14434166

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Derrick Rose
20ppg 5.7apg 3.7rpg .477%

Joe Johnson
21ppg 4.5apg 4.7rpg .464%

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Rose and JJ aren't really comparable.

balli
02-22-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14434166

Okay. What about it? Everyone in Utah's read that story 14 times. And after 14 readings I still fail to see where it mentioned him leaving because Utah's supposedly racist.

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Rose and JJ aren't really comparable.

Why because they play different positions? Both play the guard spot....

blkroadrunners
02-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Joe Johnson's rumored to be the #2 guy that the Knicks are targeting this summer.

I'll :lol if they offer him a max contract.

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, why the f$&k did someone bring up Derek Rose? Okay, so I understand the JJ situation more thanks to DoK. He is a good player and it will be interesting to see which team he is with in the future.

Allanon
02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I'll :lol if they offer him a max contract.

It would be funny if Amare joins Joe Johnson and D'Antoni to resurrect 7 seconds or less in NY :lol

D2Procon
02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Yeah, why the f$&k did someone bring up Derek Rose? Okay, so I understand the JJ situation more thanks to DoK. He is a good player and it will be interesting to see which team he is with in the future.

Im just saying, they are similiar stats wise and this is Rose's second year.....

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 11:46 PM
PG - who cares
SG - Johnson
SF - Tmac
PF - Bosh
C - Lee

awww yeaaaaah (i don't even know if that's possible lol)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
It would be funny if Amare joins Joe Johnson and D'Antoni to resurrect 7 seconds or less in NY :lol

You'd to see two players get misused and fucked over by a stubborn retarded faggot of a coach....that's what would happen.

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 11:48 PM
PG - who cares
SG - Johnson
SF - Tmac
PF - Bosh
C - Lee

awww yeaaaaah (i don't even know if that's possible lol)

That's a Knick line-up that will compete in the aging + Nets Atlantic division. Patrick Chewing is rolling over in his grave thinking about that dream lineup.

Allanon
02-22-2010, 11:48 PM
You'd to see two players get misused and fucked over by a stubborn retarded faggot of a coach....that's what would happen.

Sure, but they'd sure win a buncha games and have "fun" while getting misused and fucked :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Sure, but they'd sure win a buncha regular season games and have "fun" while getting misused and fucked :lol

I agree :tu :lol

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Better than what they have now, no? The league will probably ensure someone big lands in the Big Apple...

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
That's a Knick line-up that will compete in the aging + Nets Atlantic division. Patrick Chewing is rolling over in his grave thinking about that dream lineup.

I have no idea what any of this meant lol

JoeTait75
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Better than what they have now, no? The league will probably ensure someone big lands in the Big Apple...

Again, who is the best FA New York has signed in the last fifteen years? Allan Houston?

If the league really wants the Knicks to win, they'd better pick it up. That team hasn't won jack in 40 years.

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I have no idea what any of this meant lol

If the Knicks were to get said hypothetical line-up, they would be instant contender in the Atlantic division that features the aging Celtics and the woeful NJ Nets. The Patrick Ewing reference was simply me joking around :).

blkroadrunners
02-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Eddie House should resign too if that's the case, along w/ homeless man Steve Nash (Spanish Chocolate Rod). Gunnin' :makemyday

The Gemini Method
02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Again, who is the best FA New York has signed in the last fifteen years? Allan Houston?

If the league really wants the Knicks to win, they'd better pick it up. That team hasn't won jack in 40 years.

Yeah they haven't won in 40 years, but they've made strong playoff runs in the 90s lol...damn that seems like a million years ago! I'm just saying it'll be interesting it could be an interesting offseason for the Knicks.

lefty
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM
I know; what could have been

Hold on, on 2nd thought...............

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: :flag:

jacobdrj
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM

That was a concern in Boston, but they managed to convince KG to allow that trade...

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
If im the Bulls and I can't get Wade ...I offer JJ a contract similar to what he gets now but no max contract ...

As for Knicks if they had their own lotto pick Jon wall, Joe johnson and Bosh would be nice consolation prize to Lebron but their dumba$$ front office screwed the pooch

Id be interested to see what Utah would do if they won the lotto ...

If ther is any justic in the world Clips or Nets gat it though they have been so shitty over the years though the nets did have a 5 year run early last decade ...