02-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Raptors and Bulls gonna make some noise in the east this year

sribb43
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Bulls and Raps won't make noise unless your talking about winning a game
or 2 in the playoffs

resistanze
02-23-2010, 02:00 PM
The only teams the Raptors have a chance of beating in the first round are the Bulls, Bobcats, and Heat. And I don't see a scenario where they'll be matched up with those teams.

Brazil
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
the bobcats will be annoying to play

Allanon
02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Doesn't matter.

Cavs/Magic/Celtics/Hawks are the only teams capable of coming out of the East.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Bucks will make the playoffs, book it :smokin

JoeTait75
02-23-2010, 03:22 PM
The only teams the Raptors have a chance of beating in the first round are the Bulls, Bobcats, and Heat. And I don't see a scenario where they'll be matched up with those teams.

I think Toronto can give Orlando serious problems.

Jacob1983
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
If the Bulls meet the Celtics in the first round, I would pick the Bulls. That would be sweet. I'm sure the Bulls would love to get revenge on those cocky arrogant bastards.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Doesn't matter.

Cavs/Magic/Celtics/Hawks are the only teams capable of coming out of the East.

Why because they had the best record in the beginning of the season and now thats all that matters? Would you have said the same if the opposite happened and the Bulls bobcats and raptors were good in the beginning and just blew at the end of the season?

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks, very interesting topic. What does the West look like since Christmas?

Allanon
02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Why because they had the best record in the beginning of the season and now thats all that matters? Would you have said the same if the opposite happened and the Bulls bobcats and raptors were good in the beginning and just blew at the end of the season?

It has nothing to do with the records for me.

It's the quality of the team. It's hard to believe that any team not named the Cavs/Celtics/Magic/Hawks will make it out of the East.

I don't think there are any East teams that can get past all 4 of them.

There are some mismatches that may lead to an upset in the 1st round but it will get corrected in the 2nd round.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
It has nothing to do with the records for me.

It's the quality of the team. It's hard to believe that any team not named the Cavs/Celtics/Magic/Hawks will make it out of the East.

I don't think there are any East teams that can get past all 4 of them.

There are some mismatches that may lead to an upset in the 1st round but it will get corrected in the 2nd round.

And suppose that the Hawks and Orlando all had key injuries in the beginning of the season (like the Bulls had with Rose, Hinrich, and Thomas) And end up being 7th seed right now. Would you eat shit?

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks, very interesting topic. What does the West look like since Christmas?

(1) Jazz 20-7
(2) Thunder 19-7
(3) Lakers 19-10
(4) Nuggets 17-10
(5) Grizzlies 15-10
(6) Spurs 16-11
(7) Hornets 17-12
(8) Suns 15-11

(9) Mavericks 16-12
(10) Trailblazers 12-14
(11) Rockets 11-15

JoeTait75
02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
And suppose that the Hawks and Orlando all had key injuries in the beginning of the season (like the Bulls had with Rose, Hinrich, and Thomas) And end up being 7th seed right now. Would you eat shit?

You seriously think injuries have kept the Bulls from being at the Atlanta-Orlando level? Every team in the East has dealt with injuries/attrition to some extent. The Magic, for example- they didn't have Rashard Lewis for the first ten games and Jameer Nelson hasn't been 100 percent for most of the season.

The teams in the East are in the places they're supposed to be in. Except maybe for Charlotte.

Allanon
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM

If the Hawks and Magic had key injuries at the beginning of the season but are healthy now; I'd still give them a chance of getting out of the East. If they were unhealthy in key areas going into the playoffs, it would change things.

It's a matter of talent level...Cavs/Magic/Hawks/Celtics have plenty of talent; only thing stopping them is each other or health. Raptors also have a good talent level; they don't play enough defense to win 4 out of 7 though.

resistanze
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I think Toronto can give Orlando serious problems.

Superboy usually beasts against the Raps, which leads to double teams and lazy rotations. The Result? Death by the 3. I'd be shocked if the Raps can win 2 games against Orlando.

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
LOL superboy!
Seriously though I dont thionk Atlanta is in the top 3's class Horford said it himself last night ...
I think title is Orlando and Cavs to lose in the East ...
Lakers nuggs and MAYBE dallas in the West ...

I have not counted out Boston or Spurs but think they are more likely to pull an upset on one or two teams but not be able to beat 4 teams with their age, injuries and distance to cover for HCA ...

BOTH teams CAN win on the road (celts have best road record) but I think 16 wins is asking for 2 much

However unless I'm the lakers or cavs I dont want to see either team healthy and clicking at playoff time ...

Xylus
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
(1) Jazz 20-7
(2) Thunder 19-7
(3) Lakers 19-10
(4) Nuggets 17-10
(5) Grizzlies 15-10
(6) Spurs 16-11
(7) Hornets 17-12
(8) Mavericks 16-12

(9) Trailblazers 12-14
(10) Rockets 11-15

The Suns are 15-11.

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
The Suns are 15-11.

almost forgot about them. UPDATED* Knocks the Mavs out of the playoffs :lol

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 07:07 PM
I like Atlanta but in the clutch it's all Crawford with his sick crossovers or JJ on the wings ...
Cavs can give to lebron and let him bumrush the hoop and he will get teh call more times than not so you are facing either a layup or dunk, a foul or a passs to wide open 3 point shooter ....

Only way to win is to crowd middle and rotate out to shooters ...
play off james even with improved accuracy even if he hits 40% from 3 that is better than him driving or kicking to a wide open "true" 3 point shooter (Boobie, Mo AP)

But that being said I trust Lebron more than Atlanta they have no real center or PG (both their PG's are shooters) Horford is more a PF than Duncan ...

D2Procon
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I like Atlanta but in the clutch it's all Crawford with his sick crossovers or JJ on the wings ...
Cavs can give to lebron and let him bumrush the hoop and he will get teh call more times than not so you are facing either a layup or dunk, a foul or a passs to wide open 3 point shooter ....

Only way to win is to crowd middle and rotate out to shooters ...
play off james even with improved accuracy even if he hits 40% from 3 that is better than him driving or kicking to a wide open "true" 3 point shooter (Boobie, Mo AP)

But that being said I trust Lebron more than Atlanta they have no real center or PG (both their PG's are shooters) Horford is more a PF than Duncan ...

Keep in mind that the Bobcats have a good chance of getting the 8th spot and face the Cavs in the first round. Bobcats are 3-1 vs the Cavs

D2Procon
02-27-2010, 10:21 AM
updated :tu

lefty
02-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Raps almost beat Clevy without Bosh yesterday

Fuck you Antoine Wright, learn how to play some D or at least how to foul

boston.balla
02-27-2010, 11:14 AM
the cavs are playing very good ball without all their pieces. That's a very balanced and versatile team that can go from shooters to gritty very fast. powe shaq varejao are all big problems for soft teams... like la.

The bulls are leading the league in both rebounding and blocks so that means defending the paint, they'll hustle past us celts or toronto if they meet 'em.

Raptors play nice european ball but if their shots are not falling scoring in the paint with that roster will not be easy against a team stacked with good bigs.

endrity
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
all I care for is standing after the all-star break!

23LeBronJames23
02-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Cavs wins just keep on piling up.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Take it from someone who lives in Toronto and has attended 14 Raptor games already this year, this team's defense sucks.

It has improved as the season went on, but if the Raps can make it into the second round it would be their championship.

The biggest problem is that they're very soft mentally outside of Bosh and Jack. Turkey-glue isn't a 1/10 of the same player he was with Orlando last year and Calderon has regressed mightily. The team D actually looks significantly better when Rasho plays, but he rarely sees time since they love to push the ball so much.

The Raptors have great offense to keep a series interesting, but they suck on the road, and aren't exactly a tenacious home team either. And I think they'll be a first round exit even with homecourt.

The Bobcats are very very disciplined defensively, and the Raps have no one who can guard Jackson or Wallace. As for the Heat, I think Wade alone would beat the Raps, but I definitely think there's at least a chance of knocking Miami off.

I could see the Raps beating the Bulls however, they tend to matchup pretty well.

And for the record, the Raps are 1-3 vs Orlando, they won't stand a chance.