PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 worst NBA cities according to Jared Dudley!

jazzypimp
02-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Jared Dudley (http://twitter.com/jareddudley619): Top 5 worse NBA cities to travel to lol: Memphis,OKC,Milwakee, Indiana, Cleveland..These are the cities where u know ur gettin room service
Jared Dudley (http://twitter.com/jareddudley619): Honorable mention cities lol: Sac,Utah,Minn,Portland, and Phi..What y'all think, some of these teams are good but the cities not so much lol Yesterday.
Jared Dudley (http://twitter.com/jareddudley619): All these cities having many things in common like: terrible weather, bad nightlife, and not a lot of good restaurants, etc.. Yesterday.

hmmmmm... what A bitch!

phyzik
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I approve of this list actually. If you go by his criteria (weather, night life, food), its not that bad of a list.

Shastafarian
02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Indiana and Utah are cities?

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Mark Cuban on how he prevents players from partying:

"There's tricks of the trade. All it takes is having our security guy walking the halls at 2 a.m. or getting the key card entry times for players' rooms at the hotel. I don't do it on a daily basis, but if I don't trust somebody, like I said, there was somebody we put out to pasture. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them. ... You can't be out partying the night before a game. Period. End of story. Now if we got a day off and you're out getting trashed and you can deal with it. And it takes you less than a day to recover. Which for a 20-year-old hopefully it can. Go ahead. Tear it up. I don't care. On the flip side, you have to be ready to play. You have to be ready to practice."

On the least problematic town for partying:.

"Salt Lake City."

timvp
02-23-2010, 01:14 PM
How can Memphis be the first city he lists when food and nightlife are 2/3rds of his criteria?

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:16 PM
It's funny how Mormons in rural Utah think of SLC as Heathen City, but secular folk consider it so damn boring. There's nothing to do there but ski.

The Gemini Method
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Memphis and Portland are fun cities to visit...don't know what Dudley is on, but hey this is what we get in the Twitter Age...

Thunder Dan
02-23-2010, 01:29 PM
lol Memphis is alot of fun.

Cleveland doesn't have great clubs, but they have some great places to eat. I don't know what he is talking about. I know there isn't many chains downtown but there are some great places to eat that have been featured all over the press

jazzypimp
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
It's funny how Mormons in rural Utah think of SLC as Heathen City, but secular folk consider it so damn boring. There's nothing to do there but ski.

SLC doesn't have many mormons.. its the surrounding cities.. SLC has a ton of gays and south sLC has a ton of mexicans...

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:34 PM
SLC doesn't have many mormons.. its the surrounding cities.. SLC has a ton of gays and south sLC has a ton of mexicans...

Isn't the entire of state of Utah about 50% Mormon?

Everything I know about Utah comes from watching Big Love :smokin

The Gemini Method
02-23-2010, 01:34 PM

I dated a Mexican chick that was born in SLC...she was a nice chica.

SLC was a little interesting when I went through it. It was the dead of winter and I did see some great scenery and tons of people taking full advantage of the skiing and snowboarding. Didn't stay long, but definitely will check it out someday.

Mr Bones
02-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Memphis, Portland, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia don't have good restaurants? Give me a break! All of these cities are far more interesting than that city of nonstop strip-malls that Dudley plays in!

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Memphis, Portland, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia don't have good restaurants? Give me a break! All of these cities are far more interesting than that city of nonstop strip-malls that Dudley plays in!

Seriously. Does he define "good restaurants" as The Cheesecake Factory, Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster?

Thunder Dan
02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Minneapolis is an awesome city.

Pheonix has great weather, but it's all malls and chains. Maybe that is what he is looking for

Thunder Dan
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Seriously. Does he define "good restaurants" as The Cheesecake Factory, Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster?

don't forget PF Changs, but I have to agree. Downtown Cleveland doesn't have any chains. But there is Michael Symon's Lola, Mortons, and XO all within 4 blocks of where visiting teams stay......those are 3 great places.

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Minneapolis is an awesome city.

Pheonix has great weather, but it's all malls and chains. Maybe that is what he is looking for

He used to play in Charlotte, which is another golf courses, big box retail and chain restaurants kind of place.

Findog
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
don't forget PF Changs

I can't afford that. It's Pei Wei for me.

baseline bum
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
lol Memphis is alot of fun.

Cleveland doesn't have great clubs, but they have some great places to eat. I don't know what he is talking about. I know there isn't many chains downtown but there are some great places to eat that have been featured all over the press

Jared obviously didn't see the video

ysmLA5TqbIY

FkLA
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Movin on up :elephant

I remember when SA always used to get mentioned in these by players.

symple19
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Memphis and Portland are fun cities to visit...don't know what Dudley is on, but hey this is what we get in the Twitter Age...

Don't know much about Portland, but Memphis is pimp, especially if you like the blues

phxspurfan
02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Jared Dudley: Top 5 worse NBA cities to travel to lol: Memphis,OKC,Milwakee, Indiana, Cleveland..These are the cities where u know ur gettin room service
Jared Dudley: Honorable mention cities lol: Sac,Utah,Minn,Portland, and Phi..What y'all think, some of these teams are good but the cities not so much lol Yesterday.
Jared Dudley: All these cities having many things in common like: terrible weather, bad nightlife, and not a lot of good restaurants, etc.. Yesterday.

I agree with Sacramento (in fact I would move them into the top 5 because it's boring as hell). OKC and memphis probably have decent jazz and live music, so I would disagree with those. Portland's downtown (if they even make it across the bridge from the Rose Garden area) is pretty nice and lively. Philly is no New York but pretty decent for dinner. Just ask Matt Bonner lol

Pistons < Spurs
02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
A "Worst of .... " list that Detroit didn't get included on!!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
There really isn't anything special about restaurants in Phoenix or the night life with the exception of a few clubs in Scottsdale and a few good Mexican food restaurants. For a city so big it's pretty pathetic.

phxspurfan
02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
There really isn't anything special about restaurants in Phoenix or the night life with the exception of a few clubs in Scottsdale and a few good Mexican food restaurants. For a city so big it's pretty pathetic.

+1

There's only so many times you can go to Kazmierz for wine and talk about how the door is in the back, and then go get felt up by Cougars at Barcelona

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
+1

There's only so many times you can go to Kazmierz for wine and talk about how the door is in the back, and then go get felt up by Cougars at Barcelona

:lmao

LoLo's Chicken and Waffles is the most authentic food there is in Phoenix.

Allanon
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Memphis is serious good food and lots of loose women.

Sactown and SLC suck. Philly I think was pretty cool and so was Portland.

HarlemHeat37
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Philly is the only city I've been to on that list, and I left after a few hours(I was on a road trip to Charlotte)..

I don't see the point of going to any of those other cities, they're all irrelevant..

Girasuck
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry but if you're a professional athlete and the biggest reason why you want or don't want to play for a team is the night life, you won't be very successful.

23LeBronJames23
02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Who is Jared Duley?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Sorry but if you're a professional athlete and the biggest reason why you want or don't want to play for a team is the night life, you won't be very successful.

Depends on what you view as successful.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Aggree with all except Memphis

Xylus
02-23-2010, 06:38 PM

Who said anything about wanting to play for those teams? Jared Dudley is a Phoenix Sun and will remain a Phoenix Sun for many years. He's talking about cities he has to visit during road games.

Xylus
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Who is Jared Duley?

My favorite player in the league. Dude's a fucking badass on the court and great to his fans.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_jared_dudley.jpg

Bob Lanier
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
He's from San Diego. Ugh.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-23-2010, 11:41 PM

"There's tricks of the trade. All it takes is having our security guy walking the halls at 2 a.m. or getting the key card entry times for players' rooms at the hotel. I don't do it on a daily basis, but if I don't trust somebody, like I said, there was somebody we put out to pasture. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them. ... You can't be out partying the night before a game. Period. End of story. Now if we got a day off and you're out getting trashed and you can deal with it. And it takes you less than a day to recover. Which for a 20-year-old hopefully it can. Go ahead. Tear it up. I don't care. On the flip side, you have to be ready to play. You have to be ready to practice."

"Salt Lake City."

Josh Howard?

pauls931
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM

True, once some friends and I spent a night in Salt Lake City to watch a Hockey game. Bars were closed, so we trashed the hotel room. Ah the good ol' days. I bet the hard to repaint the ceiling after we left.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
True, once some friends and I spent a night in Salt Lake City to watch a Hockey game. Bars were closed, so we trashed the hotel room. Ah the good ol' days.

I didn't know they had bars in Salt Lake City. Coulda sworn they never left the Prohibition era.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Anytime there is a top 5 worse cities and SA is not on it, it's wrong.

pauls931
02-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I didn't know they had bars in Salt Lake City. Coulda sworn they never left the Prohibition era.

They're just closed most of the time/early.

da_suns_fan
02-24-2010, 12:56 AM
My favorite player in the league. Dude's a fucking badass on the court and great to his fans.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_jared_dudley.jpg

He might be my new favorite player. This guy is the "Anti-Amare". All bball IQ, all hustle, and makes HUGE plays. He's got a great stroke from 3 too.

You know who he reminds me of? Charles Barkley!!!!!

................without the athleticsm. :lol

da_suns_fan
02-24-2010, 12:58 AM

My wife's family is from SLC (shes not Mormon).

You have to have a membership to go to bars or know someone who has a membership. All the drinks are served with less than a shot of alcohol, so you have to order a side-cart to taste the booze.

Yeah....it sucks.

The skiing is fantastic though.

tlongII
02-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Portland has great restaurants actually. There's not many black people here compared to most cities so maybe that's why it's on his list?

J_Paco
02-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Jared obviously didn't see the video

ysmLA5TqbIY

:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin

Xylus
02-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Portland has great restaurants actually. There's not many black people here compared to most cities so maybe that's why it's on his list?

Weather was probably a deciding factor in his picking Portland.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Someone from Phoenix has no right to complain about weather.

The TroutBum
02-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Nah, the SLC is great for everything BUT drinking. Anyone who says that the city sucks hasn't been here, which is all good w/ me. Think about it:

No blacks.
Clean.
Hardly any Mexicans.
Hardly any Lakers fans. (see above)
No humidity.
Low crime rate.
Good schools.
Good eats.
Super fine ass women. Trust me on this one.
And best of all, no black people. It's awesome.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2010, 05:05 AM

"Salt Lake City."

So, is Cuban talking about Josh Howard?

As for SLC, quite apart from the fact that they wouldn't serve me a beer in a bar before the game because I was wearing a Spurs jersey, I had a great night out after the game in a smoky jazz bar across the road from the motel. :tu

Xylus
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Someone from Phoenix has no right to complain about weather.

That's an interesting thing to say considering many of the people who move to Phoenix do so for the weather.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-24-2010, 06:04 PM
and great to his fans.

The real question is why Jared Dudley has fans.

Will Hunting
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
The real question is why Jared Dudley has fans.

That question is almost as dumb as all of your basketball opinions. Believe it or not, most people watch basketball for stuff other than slobbing Kobe's knob.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Nah, the SLC is great for everything BUT drinking. Anyone who says that the city sucks hasn't been here, which is all good w/ me. Think about it:

No blacks.
Clean.
Hardly any Mexicans.
No humidity.
Low crime rate.
Good schools.
Good eats.

If there are no blacks and Mexicans, than I doubt the women are fine

jazzypimp
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
My wife's family is from SLC (shes not Mormon).

You have to have a membership to go to bars or know someone who has a membership. All the drinks are served with less than a shot of alcohol, so you have to order a side-cart to taste the booze.

Yeah....it sucks.

The skiing is fantastic though.

Nah they got rid of that.. all the liquor laws changed!! The bars are open til 2... you must have been here years ago!

The Gemini Method
02-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Nah they got rid of that.. all the liquor laws changed!! The bars are open til 2... you must have been here years ago!

Do they still have restrictions on buying alcohol on Sundays?

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM

Uuuugh. We have those here in the D/FW. Liquor stores're closed, but on top of that, nothing makes you feel like more of an idiot on game day during the football season than standing to the side of a self-checkout line, 24 packs in each hand, waiting for fucking NOON before you can LEGALLY check out.

God FUCKING forbid it was a noon kickoff. :bang

The Gemini Method
02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Uuuugh. We have those here in the D/FW. Liquor stores're closed, but on top of that, nothing makes you feel like more of an idiot on game day during the football season than standing to the side of a self-checkout line, 24 packs in each hand, waiting for fucking NOON before you can LEGALLY check out.

God FUCKING forbid it was a noon kickoff. :bang

Man that sucks. There are a couple dry counties in California, but thankfully none too close to where I party...

My Fault
02-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Scottsdale clubs are ok but not great. There is no good Mexican food in AZ.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
That's an interesting thing to say considering many of the people who move to Phoenix do so for the weather.
Lots of people have terrible taste. Choosing to live in a broiling desert like the American southwest is equivalent to choosing to entertain yourself with Dan Brown books or rap music.

TheSullyMonster
02-25-2010, 01:30 AM
SLC doesn't have many mormons.

The amount of people who glare out you while having a cigarette and a beer suggests otherwise.

HornetLoveJones
02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Indiana and Utah are cities?

Shows what smarts he has

Mr Bones
02-25-2010, 02:17 PM

No blacks.
Clean.
Hardly any Mexicans.
No humidity.
Low crime rate.
Good schools.
Good eats.

I wonder how Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer would feel about this post?

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM

I can agree with Memphis having better food and better nightlife over Phoenix, but Minny and Philly are nothing compared to PHX (well at least the Metro area). They might have better food, but the Weather and nightlife in AZ (Tempe, Scottsdale) blows the shit out of those cities. How many other places that he listed are having 70 degree weather right now?

j.dizzle
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Utah does have some gorgeous white girls though.

atxrocker
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Utah does have some gorgeous white girls though.

So does Austin but we don't have to worry about all of them being crazy mormon fundamentalists. Some of you really need to get out more.

rascal
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM

If you like being in an oven for a good part of the year.

Xylus
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
If you like being in an oven for a good part of the year.

It gets ridiculously hot during the summer, but there's very little humidity so it's bearable. I'll take heat over humidity any day.

The only problem I have with Phoenix weather is lack of rain. Don't get much of it throughout the year.

j.dizzle
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Sons, there is no better place then Southern Ca other then the traffic..I was swimming in our pool last week..Ca is expensive as fuck to live in though. A BS house a few miles from me goes for atleast a mil..In other states you can get a god damn castle for a mil.

GovernmentMan
08-16-2010, 03:48 PM

I agree with this. Phoenix would be one of my last choices to live in among NBA cities. It's all strip malls, chains, and big box retail.

balli
08-16-2010, 03:54 PM
So does Austin but we don't have to worry about all of them being crazy mormon fundamentalists. Some of you really need to get out more.

You talk about repressed, naive girls as if they were a bad thing. BYU is the anal capital of the world. And any girl who wakes up one day and realizes that her 'religion' is a joke, reflexively, goes towards the other extreme. Which means there are a lot of fit girls here who are clean and tight or straight up virgins and ready to turn themselves into drunken sluts.

No liquor. The state runs the liquor stores and shuts 'em down on Sundays. You can still buy beer though.

Purch
08-16-2010, 05:59 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef013485472dce970c-800wi

Sounds like someone I should be listening too.

Ashy Larry
08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
How can Memphis be the first city he lists when food and nightlife are 2/3rds of his criteria?

Agree with Memphis:

Makin'
Easy
Money
Pimpin'
Hoes
Is
Simple

Can't go wrong with the Blues and Barbecue ........

Ashy Larry
08-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I have heard that if you wanna have a great time in Sacramento, go to San Francisco ......

jason54858
08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
if there are no blacks and mexicans, than i doubt the women are fine

+1000

Dex
08-16-2010, 07:09 PM
It gets ridiculously hot during the summer, but there's very little humidity so it's bearable. I'll take heat over humidity any day.

The only problem I have with Phoenix weather is lack of rain. Don't get much of it throughout the year.

This.

We've just now been nipping the 100s this year in Austin, but I break out in a sweat as soon as I hit the sun here. And I'm a skinny dude. I just sweat.

I was in Las Vegas for a week and we were hitting 105-110 every day and walking around in the heat, but it just doesn't hit you as bad. You can feel the sun baking down on you, but you don't get all sweaty and gross.

Supergirl
08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Sacramento is an easy drive or BART ride away from San Francisco, which has plenty of good food and good night life. And if Jared Dudley can't find the clubs and the good food in Portland Oregon and Philadelphia, well, then his IQ is even lower than I thought.

Dunc n Dave
08-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't know much about Portland, but Memphis is pimp, especially if you like the blues

That's just it. Memphis is a blues & country music type of town, and Dudley is probably more of a hip-hop clubbin type.

ChuckD
08-17-2010, 12:17 AM

That was my immediate thought. If you can't get good food in MEM, you're just stupid.

hater
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I disagree with 3 cities

Philli is the shit

Memphis must be good too for restaurants, etc

Portland for all the good weed

poop
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
how was SA not on the list????

Killakobe81
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Isn't the entire of state of Utah about 50% Mormon?

Everything I know about Utah comes from watching Big Love :smokin

Great show, been there on a few bizz trips ...Mormons do still dominate SLC at least in the baking industry (which i used to be a part of)