PDA

View Full Version : CBO: Stimulus bill created up to 2.1 million jobs

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35543310/ns/business-economy_at_a_crossroads/

CBO: Stimulus bill created up to 2.1 million jobs
It lowered jobless rate by up to 2.1 percent in fourth quarter, report finds

updated 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

The package boosted the economy by up to 3.5 percent and lowered the unemployment rate by up to 2.1 percent during that period, CBO said.

The report comes as President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats are pushing further measures to bring down the 9.7 percent unemployment rate before the November congressional elections.

The $787 billion price tag of the package, officially called the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, has prompted a growing backlash from voters worried about record budget deficits. Republicans have labeled the package a failure, though economists on the left and right say it helped ward off a depression.

CBO's new report closely resembles its initial estimates from March 2009, shortly after Obama signed the bill into law.

Though the economy performed more poorly than predicted, that was not due to the ineffectiveness of the stimulus package, CBO said.

"In CBO's judgment, that outcome reflects greater-than-projected weakness in the underlying economy rather than lower-than-expected effects" of the stimulus, the research office said.

The package is likely to have the greatest impact this year, according to CBO. It is expected to boost GDP by between 1.4 percent and 4 percent and bring down the unemployment rate by between 0.7 percent and 1.8 percent in 2010, higher figures than last year when many of its programs were being set up. The impact is expected to trail off over the next two years.

Direct purchasing of goods and services by the federal government and states have been the most effective provision of the act, CBO said. Among the least effective: a tax credit for first-time homebuyers and a tax cut for the wealthy.

Since the start of the recession in December 2007, 8.4 million jobs have been lost. Though the economy started growing again last year, CBO chief Doug Elmendorf said at a congressional hearing that any recovery was likely to be slow.

Some good news for America..and bad news for the Obama haters/ Fox News crowd

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Hannity is hoping the unemployment rate does not go below 9%...:lmao

symple19
02-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Surprising. Good news

coyotes_geek
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Though the economy performed more poorly than predicted, that was not due to the ineffectiveness of the stimulus package, CBO said.

I'm sure the nation's unemployed will feel so much better knowing that the stimulus did indeed work, it's just that we can't predict what the economy is going to do worth a damn.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Stimulus was and is not a job creator. Any normal dumbass can even figure that one out. But we are dealing with Georgie. Blame Bush, FOX and repugs for all the problems and keep sucking Obama's tiny KAWK.

I know Georgie, I hate all liars and I am a hypocrite (yawn) then followed up by little yellow head laughing (:lol) The Stimulus was pork driven and 2/3 has not even been spent. We were not heading to a great depression dumbass (the sky is falling, the sky is falling). 9.7 is fucking high for unemployment and that number does not include those who stopped looking. And that article just says stimulus saved jobs. Honestly, get some proof dumbass. Quit drinking the kool-aid and being a sounding board for lies.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Stimulus was and is not a job creator. Any normal dumbass can even figure that one out. But we are dealing with Georgie. Blame Bush, FOX and repugs for all the problems and keep sucking Obama's tiny KAWK.

I know Georgie, I hate all liars and I am a hypocrite (yawn) then followed up by little yellow head laughing (:lol) The Stimulus was pork driven and 2/3 has not even been spent. We were not heading to a great depression dumbass (the sky is falling, the sky is falling). 9.7 is fucking high for unemployment and that number does not include those who stopped looking. And that article just says stimulus saved jobs. Honestly, get some proof dumbass. Quit drinking the kool-aid and being a sounding board for lies.

I didn't realize the CBO was in Obama's back pocket.. or that the stimulus saving 2.1 million jobs... that's got to hurt jack.. so now you acknowledge that , not only did we not spend all of the money, that it was good thing... No koolaid here jack..unlike you having all of your chips on the table praying that things get worse for the country...

what other proof do you need jack? are you telling everyone here that we shouldn't accept the CBO's numbers? The stimulus headed off a depression but thanks for noticing dumbass..:lmao

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Stimulus was and is not a job creator. Any normal dumbass can even figure that one out.
The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

And that article just says stimulus saved jobs. Honestly, get some proof dumbass. Quit drinking the kool-aid and being a sounding board for lies.
The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I didn't realize the CBO was in Obama's back pocket.. or that the stimulus saving 2.1 million jobs... that's got to hurt jack.. so now you acknowledge that , not only did we not spend all of the money, that it was good thing... No koolaid here jack..unlike you having all of your chips on the table praying that things get worse for the country...

What other proff do you need jack? are you telling everyone here that we shouldn't accept the CBO's numbers? The stimulus headed off a depression but thanks for noticing dumbass..:lmao

Where is the proof? Where is the proof? Where is the proof, Georgie? You keep saying "proof". Where is it? Just saying it worked, is not proof. Can't you see that article gives ZERO proof. They don't mention the bailouts, printing money....... Forget it......Live in that world. Long as you are happy. You don't affect my life.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Where is the proof? Where is the proof? Where is the proof, Georgie? You keep saying "proof". Where is it? Just saying it worked, is not proof. Can't you see that article gives ZERO proof.

DarrinS
02-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm sure the stimulus bill did create 2.1 million government jobs.

:toast

:downspin:

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:26 PM
"The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday."

I saw that the first time you copied it. That is not proof that the stimulus worked. The article provides none. Thier just saying.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
"The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday."

I saw that the first time you copied it. That is not proof that the stimulus worked. The article provides none. Thier just saying.This thread provides proof that you don't know how to read.

Blake
02-23-2010, 05:30 PM
This thread provides proof that you don't know how to read.

or that he is calling the CBO a bunch of liars.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
This thread provides proof that you don't know how to read.

The article provides no proof that the stimulus bill created over 2 million jobs.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Of course, the number could be as low as 800,000 according to the CBO as well. Still, that's a significant number for a three month period.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:35 PM
The article provides no proof that the stimulus bill created over 2 million jobs.It says what it says. Go read the report if you are so interested in it.

We know you aren't.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
It says what it says. Go read the report if you are so interested in it.

We know you aren't.

Who is "we"? And there is no proof that anyone can provide that the stimulus worked.

clambake
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Who is "we"? And there is no proof that anyone can provide that the stimulus worked.

that would mean there's no proof that it didn't.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Who is "we"?Everyone who reads your posts.

Your agenda will not let you accept any evidence that the stimulus created jobs, so you lie about what is plainly in front of you.

And there is no proof that anyone can provide that the stimulus worked.You already read it, but you are lying about what it means. You are the biggest liar I have ever seen. I hate liars.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Everyone who reads your posts.

You don't speak for everyone that reads my post. That makes you a liar.

Your agenda will not let you accept any evidence that the stimulus created jobs, so you lie about what is plainly in front of you.
You already read it, but you are lying about what it means. You are the biggest liar I have ever seen. I hate liars.

Provide some proof. U can't and neither can the CBO.....You are lying if you say different. You hate yourself.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:51 PM
You don't speak for everyone that reads my post. That makes you a liar."We" is a collective pronoun meaning anyone reading your stupid posts. Anyone who reads your stupid posts is able to see you aren't interested in the CBO report. No lie.

Provide some proof. U can't and neither can the CBO.....You are lying if you say different. You hate yourself.Do you know how the CBO works?

Let's just say I will accept their numbers more readily than your lies, lying liar.

I hate liars like you who lie.

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Of course, the number could be as low as 800,000 according to the CBO as well. Still, that's a significant number for a three month period.

A 2.1 million to 800,000 upper and lower limit to the estimate? They have a 1.3 million spread?

Not trying to be argumentative here, but, damn. Why such a wide margin?
BTW..I can't find the CBO study on this. Anyone got a link?

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
A 2.1 million to 800,000 upper and lower limit to the estimate? They have a 1.3 million spread?An estimate is an estimate.

Not trying to be argumentative here, but, damn. Why such a wide margin?
BTW..I can't find the CBO study on this. Anyone got a link?http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/110xx/doc11044/02-23-ARRA.pdf

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
An estimate is an estimate.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/110xx/doc11044/02-23-ARRA.pdf

Thanks for the link.:toast

Wild Cobra
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm sure the stimulus bill did create 2.1 million government jobs.

:downspin:
You beat me to it.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Anyone who reads your stupid posts is able to see you aren't interested in the CBO report. No lie.

Do you know who the CBO works?

Let's just say I will accept their numbers more readily than your lies, lying liar.

I hate liars like you who lie.

Little whine ass is getting upset. Again, you cannot speak for everyone. You are getting off subject and angry. Calm down. There is no proof the stimulus bill worked. You are talking about lying, being cynical, just being a ass because you can't prove that it did work. Stop lying and you will stop hating yourself..

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
You beat me to it.What is your personal estimate and how did you arrive at it?

I'm asking DarrinS the same question, although his answer will be a 20 minute Glenn Beck chalkboard session.

Little whine ass is getting upset. Again, you cannot speak for everyone. You are getting off subject and angry. Calm down. There is no proof the stimulus bill worked. You are talking about lying, being cynical, just being a ass because you can't prove that it did work. Stop lying and you will stop hating yourself..Actually the best proof available has already been posted several times for you.

All you did was lie about it, then you got all pissy about being the liar you are.

It's fun to watch.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Actually the best proof available has already been posted several times for you.

All you did was lie about it, then you got all pissy about being the liar you are.

It's fun to watch.

Good, you are calming down. You had a mini breakdown.

You supply no proof that the stimulus worked because you can't.

SouthernFried
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
I mean really...are you guys serious?

Do you really believe something your own eyes should tell you is bullshit?

Are you really this far gone?

Is it grasping for straws? Is it a disconnect from reality? Is it being contrary just for the sake of being contrary? Is it blind loyalty? Is it lying to yourself?

Or is it just a dying refusal to give up on something you've expoused all your life, that has basically been exposed to be nothing but crappy verbage. Non-substantive, harmful in actual practice...and a complete and total failure. But, your too embarassed and stubborn to admit to the reality of it all?

Cuz if you think any of what OBAMA is doing, or done...is actually doing anything to help this country in any way, including job creation...then you are totally beyond the grasp of reality.

Welcome to the twilight zone (insert sound effects...) :flypig

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Good, you are calming down. You had a mini breakdown.Nah, I just called you a lying liar. You're lying about that too, liar.

You supply no proof that the stimulus worked because you can't.Already did, liar.

Show me proof it created no jobs.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Is it grasping for straws? Is it a disconnect from reality? Is it being contrary just for the sake of being contrary? Is it blind loyalty? Is it lying to yourself?

Or is it just a dying refusal to give up on something you've expoused all your life, that has basically been exposed to be nothing but crappy verbage. Non-substantive, harmful in actual practice...and a complete and total failure. But, your too embarassed and stubborn to admit to the reality of it all?

Cuz if you think any of what OBAMA is doing, or done...is actually doing anything to help this country in any way, including job creation...then you are totally beyond the grasp of reality.

Welcome to the twilight zone (insert sound effects...)So, you also think the stimulus created no jobs in that three month period?

Show the nonpartisan report proving this.

Basically, all you and jack have provided is gainsaying of the CBO estimate because you don't like Obama.

"And so it goes..."

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Nah, I just called you a lying liar. You're lying about that too, liar.

Already did, liar.

Show me proof it created no jobs.

Poor little baby is still upset. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We lost 4 million jobs. Didn't work.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Poor little baby is still upset. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAStill lying.

You sure don't like being called out for your lies, do you?

DarrinS
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM

Apparently, many of these people are delusional.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Apparently, many of these people are delusional.Yes, those simply saying the stimulus did absolutely nothing because Obama endorsed it are delusional.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Still lying.

You sure don't like being called out for your lies, do you?

Speak for yourself, oh I forgot, you speak for everyone.

Stimulus didn't work, cryass. You know it didn't.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Speak for yourself, oh I forgot, you speak for everyone.You aren't interested in the report.

I was dead right in that case, and indeed everyone now knows that.

Stimulus didn't work, cryass. You know it too.What is your evidence that it didn't create one job in that three month time period.

Talk radio?

Fox News?

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
What is your evidence that it didn't create one job in that three month time period.

Talk radio?

Fox News?

I already told you ,cryass.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I already told you ,cryass.No, you didn't, whining liar.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
No, you didn't, whining liar.

Yes I did, cryass. I'll repeat for your whinny little bitch ass.

4 million jobs lost. Didn't work, dumbass.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:52 PM

4 million jobs lost. Didn't work, dumbass.That isn't evidence that the stimulus created no jobs.

Another lie.

And I need a link to your source for that number.

ElNono
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM

Wow... For a second I thought you were the republican version of boutons...

clambake
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM

4 million jobs lost. Didn't work, dumbass.

why don't you show us that the stimulus package lost 4 million jobs?

or are you just going to lie?

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Jack is saying 4 million jobs were lost in the period from October to December 2009.

He needs to provide a link showing this.

clambake
02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
if it's not exactly 4 million....then he's lying again.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Jack is saying 4 million jobs were lost in the period from October to December 2009.

He needs to provide a link showing this.

That's a lie, liar, whiney lying bitchass. Never said that, cryass. America lost 4 million jobs since stimulus bill was passed, maybe more, liar.

Stimulus bill didn't work, dumbass.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
if it's not exactly 4 million....then he's lying again.According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the net loss in jobs for the period of October to December of 2009 was 310,000.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/Non-Farm-Payrolls.aspx?Symbol=USD

So jack just told 3,690,000 lies.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 07:14 PM
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the net loss in jobs for the period of October to December of 2009 was 310,000.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/Non-Farm-Payrolls.aspx?Symbol=USD

You are a liar and you hate yourself.

clambake
02-23-2010, 07:14 PM
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the net loss in jobs for the period of October to December of 2009 was 310,000.

impressive.

even for jack.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
impressive.

even for jack.Yeah, he's on a roll today.

He showed he didn't even know the time period of the report, which proved he wasn't interested in it -- proving I was right all along about that and everyone could see it.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, he's on a roll today.

He showed he didn't even know the time period of the report, which proved he wasn't interested in it -- proving I was right all along about that and everyone could see it.

Liar

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
LiarCryass. You sure displayed some real ignorance today. :tu

And lies.

clambake
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, he's on a roll today.

he's probably still busy cruising.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Cryass. You sure displayed some real ignorance today. :tu

And lies.

U hate yourself, u can't prove the stimulus bill worked and you don't speak for everyone. Good work there today, Pedro.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
U hate yourselfI'm pretty pleased with myself these days.
u can't prove the stimulus bill workedI showed provided more proof that it created jobs than you proveded proof it created no jobs.
and you don't speak for everyone.In that particular instance, I did. And I was right. We all see that.
Good work there today, Pedro.My name is not Pedro. Are you shooting for an even 4,000,000 lies in one day?

You're on your way, liar.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry Pedro, you did admit you hated yourself, the stimulus bill did not work, you don't speak for everyone else and you had a mini breakdown because you were upset that you couldn't prove your little cryass points...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

All in a couple of hours. Brilliant work

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2010, 07:54 PM
I see jack is still trying to discredit the CBO... I have a feeling jackie used the CBO in the past to criticize the biggest liar he's ever seen..but he's actually ok with liars, yet he hates liars...but he's a liar...and apparently a cryass..

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Sorry Pedro, you did admit you hated yourself, the stimulus bill did not work, you don't speak for everyone else and you had a mini breakdown because you were upset that you couldn't prove your little cryass points...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

All in a couple of hours. Brilliant workNah, I called you a liar and proved you were a liar about three and a half million times over. You got mad and lied some more.

Why do you lie about my name?

Wild Cobra
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I see jack is still trying to discredit the CBO... I have a feeling jackie used the CBO in the past to criticize the biggest liar he's ever seen..but he's actually ok with liars, yet he hates liars...but he's a liar...and apparently a cryass..
Let me ask you this.

When has the CBO been near accurate in their projections, rather than favoring the side of congress?

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 08:01 PM
I see jack is still trying to discredit the CBO... I have a feeling jackie used the CBO in the past to criticize the biggest liar he's ever seen..but he's actually ok with liars, yet he hates liars...but he's a liar...and apparently s cryass..

You forgot ":lol" You really should copy and paste this. It's pretty much the only thing you say to me on any subject.

Typically, you have zero proof about anything you say and you should thank the Chumpster for embarassing himself trying to defend your dumbass.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Let me ask you this.

When has the CBO been near accurate in their projections, rather than favoring the side of congress?You need to prove a trend where they favored the side of Congress, rather than being accurate in their projections.

We'll wait for that one.

jack sommerset
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Nah, I called you a liar and proved you were a liar about three and a half million times over. You got mad and lied some more.

Why do you lie about my name?

It's a nick name I gave you, Pedro. You admitted you were the liar, liar and a little cryass bitch to boot.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
You forgot ":lol" You really should copy and paste this. It's pretty much the only thing you say to me on any subject.

Typically, you have zero proof about anything you say and you should thank the Chumpster for embarassing himself trying to defend your dumbass.There is no embarrassment on my part. I proved my point.

You lied.

Then got pissy.

And then lied some more.

clambake
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
interesting that he chose pedro.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
It's a nick name I gave you, Pedro.Why? What meaning does it connote?

You admitted you were the liar, liar and a little cryass bitch to boot.I didn't lie at all. I showed the evidence and proved you wrong. You got pissy and started calling me names and then lied several million times to compound the initial lies.

Good work.

Wild Cobra
02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
You need to prove a trend where they favored the side of Congress, rather than being accurate in their projections.

We'll wait for that one.
If you say so. I guess you haven't paid attention to things like 8% unemployment maximum assessments when they top 10%.

CBO numbers are notoriously wrong when estimating cost impacts of legislation. I'm not going to bother looking it up. It's been out there in the news, over and over.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
interesting that he chose pedro.Chances are he will refuse to explain himself.

I will nickname him Priscilla, because it sounds prissy, like jack is prissy -- and that's close to pissy, which jack also is today.

jack sommerset
There is no embarrassment on my part. I proved my point.

You lied.

Then got pissy.

And then lied some more.

Pedro, you have no humility either. You should be embarrased for lying to everyone and throwing a temper tantrum like the little whiney bitch you are. You really hate yourself, liar.

George Gervin's Afro

Typically, you have zero proof about anything you say and you should thank the Chumpster for embarassing himself trying to defend your dumbass.

I must say you have had one of the more astonishing breakdowns in the Spurstalk Political forum history.. I hope Kori sets this in the classic thread section..the day jack cracked...

:lmao

Nice job dumbass

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
If you say so. I guess you haven't paid attention to things like 8% unemployment maximum assessments when they top 10%.One underestimation equals a solid trend to you?

It certainly reflects your bias.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Pedro, you have no humility either. You should be embarrased for lying to everyone and throwing a temper tantrum like the little whiney bitch you are. You really hate yourself, liar.Priscilla, why are you calling me Pedro?

clambake
still goin with the "pedro". i think it means he has a deep disrespect for the race.

jack sommerset
I must say you have had one of the more astonishing breakdowns in the Spurstalk Political forum history.. I hope Kori sets this in the classic thread section..the day jack cracked...

:lmao

Nice job dumbass

Glad to see the happy faces back. Again, no proof on anything you say.

Wild Cobra
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
One underestimation equals a solid trend to you?

It certainly reflects your bias.
Just because I am not going to do your homework doesn't mean there is only one example. Sorry you only listen to liberal biased news. If you heard more, you could know of more examples.

I find this topic mildly amusing. Not enough to prove facts that matter to so few.

clambake
02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
i guess this means he's also a racist.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Just because I am not going to do your homework doesn't mean there is only one example. Sorry you only listen to liberal biased news. If you heard more, you could know of more examples.In other words, you have nothing but your own bias to present as an argument.

I find this topic mildly amusing. Not enough to prove unimportant facts.Not enough to provide any facts whatsoever.

We've come to expect that from you.

clambake
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
chump, if i were you, i'd be glad that wc isn't doing your homework.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
chump, if i were you, i'd be glad that wc isn't doing your homework.:lmao

He probably tried to convince his teachers that the Scantron machine was biased.

Winehole23
02-24-2010, 03:23 AM
still goin with the "pedro". i think it means he has a deep disrespect for the race.Is ChumpyD a raza like Pedro???

You went to a GTG or something? Or do you just know him?

Winehole23
02-24-2010, 04:00 AM
http://www.teesnthings.com/ProductImages/movie/napoleon-dynamite-t-shirts/pedro-skills-sticker.jpg

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah, Priscilla really needs to explain herself here.

SAGambler
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM

WTF? You mean 2,000,000 could really mean 800,000? Tell me it ain't so!

Or maybe it's just that "fuzzy math" they use to calculate such things to make it "appear" to be a positive note.

How many of these "created jobs" were part time workers that fell off the unemployment roles, and have gone jobless again now that the holiday season is over? How many have dropped off the roles because their unemployment ran out? How many have just said "fuck it" and quit looking for work?

The true unemployment figure is closer to 13% than it is to 9.7. And watch for the airlines to start laying off people soon. Fewer flights, fewer people flying = fewer needed counter people, customer service people, baggage handlers, etc. etc.

coyotes_geek
02-24-2010, 11:16 AM
WTF? You mean 2,000,000 could really mean 800,000? Tell me it ain't so!

Or maybe it's just that "fuzzy math" they use to calculate such things to make it "appear" to be a positive note.

How many of these "created jobs" were part time workers that fell off the unemployment roles, and have gone jobless again now that the holiday season is over? How many have dropped off the roles because their unemployment ran out? How many have just said "fuck it" and quit looking for work?

The true unemployment figure is closer to 13% than it is to 9.7. And watch for the airlines to start laying off people soon. Fewer flights, fewer people flying = fewer needed counter people, customer service people, baggage handlers, etc. etc.

Fair points. People should keep a raised eyebrow when the government puts out data like this. Today it's saying the stimulus created 2 million jobs, three weeks ago it was saying the estimates for the number of jobs lost was off by 1 million. So who the hell knows what's really happening? That's why I have a hard time getting fired up over estimates like these, because they're all based on assumptions. Then when things go bad you end up with a circular debate whether it was the program that was bad, or the assumptions the program was based on. Invariably, sides are chosen in that circular debate based on party affiliation.

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Fair points. People should keep a raised eyebrow when the government puts out data like this. Today it's saying the stimulus created 2 million jobs, three weeks ago it was saying the estimates for the number of jobs lost was off by 1 million. So who the hell knows what's really happening?

I know. It didn't work.

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Fair points. People should keep a raised eyebrow when the government puts out data like this. Today it's saying the stimulus created 2 million jobs, three weeks ago it was saying the estimates for the number of jobs lost was off by 1 million. So who the hell knows what's really happening?

I think the CBO is making a reasoned estimate. After reading their paper last night, they do conceed that it's a rather imprecise estimate and go to great lengths to explain why it is so. The appendix disucsses which models were chosen, which were discarded, and why.
Which leads me to a central tenant of the OP. This estimate is exactly that...an estimate. Proof of effectiveness? That's a deductive chain I've yet to see. All we know is between 1/2 million and 2.1 million jobs were created. That number itself is an estimate. There is an element of causation here, but not even the CBO can accurately quantify it yet.

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I know. It didn't work.

I see you're still stuck on stupid...

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I know. It didn't work.

prove it

Blake
02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I know. It didn't work.

Lie #3,690,001 by my count.

...of course, the number could be as low as 800,001.......still a significant number for a 4 page thread.

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
prove it

4 million jobs lost...............You're stupid.

Blake
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM

I keep seeing that number thrown around, yet I see no source as to where that number comes from.

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Google

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM

I guess jack will need to find the person who counted the 4 million jobs lost.

I don't think jack realizes that he is relying on estimations and assumptions when he uses his 4 million dollar figure.. to then attack the non partisan CBO for using estimations and assumptions... he ain't the brightest bulb..

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I guess jack will need to find the person who counted the 4 million jobs lost.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......You think we didn't lose 4 million jobs since the Stimulus bill came out. How cute is that?!?! Or are you stupid?!?!

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.......You think we didn't lose 4 million jobs since the Stimulus bill came out. How cute is that?!?! Or are you stupid?!?!

So you don't really know... kind of figured that.

Blake
02-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Google

right, I used it.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=521429

states
...And more than 4 million lost since the start of 2009.

without sourcing it.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/feb2010/stim-f18.shtml

states
Since the recession began, some 8 million jobs have been destroyed, including nearly 4 million since the passage of the stimulus package last February.

without sourcing it.

http://nwotruth.com/after-4-million-jobs-lost-white-house-declares-stimulus-a-success/

states
Since the recession began, some 8 million jobs have been destroyed, including nearly 4 million since the passage of the stimulus package last February.

wihout source

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=63403

referenced the article from the wsws link above.

these are the links on page one of google after entering "stimulus 4 million jobs lost"

oh, and this is the 5th link listed on that page:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4111544#post4111544

yay.

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 12:33 PM
So you don't really know... kind of figured that.

4 million jobs lost since stimulus bill was signed. That is not stimulating the economy. We went the other way. We lost jobs. That is a fact. The stimulus bill did not work. I'm getting off this merry go round thread.

Blake
02-24-2010, 01:11 PM
4 million jobs lost since stimulus bill was signed. That is not stimulating the economy. We went the other way. We lost jobs. That is a fact. The stimulus bill did not work. I'm getting off this merry go round thread.

You are the one keeping the merry go round spinning.

All you have to do is to show who did the counting of those 4 million jobs. Shouldn't very difficult to do with google if it really is true.

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM

All you have to do is to show who did the counting of those 4 million jobs. Shouldn't very difficult to do with google if it really is true.

"The national unemployment rate was 9.7 percent in January 2010, seasonally ad-
justed, down from 10.0 percent the prior month but up from 7.7 percent a year
earlier. In January, nonfarm payroll employment decreased by 20,000 over the
month and by 4,022,000 from a year earlier."

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/mmls.nr0.htm

Bureau of Labor Statistics

RandomGuy
02-24-2010, 01:29 PM

(RG's rant deleted, now that the actual source is cited finally, yay)

RandomGuy
02-24-2010, 01:36 PM

Glad you found it.

I noted the earliest references to the figure were from Congress people, and they tend to get their stats from the BLS or CBO first.

It is worth noting that the total figure, 4,000,000 stands in rather stark contrast to the monthly loss from the previous month, 22,000, implying that the employment situation is nearing some stabilization.

Whether that equilibrium will be long-lived.... is another matter.

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Glad you found it.

I noted the earliest references to the figure were from Congress people, and they tend to get their stats from the BLS or CBO first.

It is worth noting that the total figure, 4,000,000 stands in rather stark contrast to the monthly loss from the previous month, 22,000, implying that the employment situation is nearing some stabilization.

Whether that equilibrium will be long-lived.... is another matter.

Yeah..there's possibly some seasonal noise in the previous month figures tho. Feb's stats hopefully will be telling. Hopefully, my wife will be one of those decreasing stats.:toast

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I love the fact Priscilla is a strict adherent to the magic wand theory of expectation when it comes to politicians he doesn't like.

Of course there was a net loss of jobs for the year. The economy sucks. That doesn't mean the stimulus created no jobs.

Did he ever explain why he called me Pedro?

angrydude
02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
debating the merits of the stimulus is a meaningless distracting exercise which our banker overlords and quite happy you are participating in.

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
That doesn't mean the stimulus created no jobs.

Did he ever explain why he called me Pedro?

It means it didn't work.

Pedro is this bisexual pedophile that whines all the time on the internet about nothing important, argues with everyone, has nothing better to do, works part-time, wants things for free, has a pretend girlfriend and never shuts the fuck up. He wants control and volunteers his services to websites as a sort of hall monitor but after time the owners of the site have to take away his control because he cannot get along with others. This self proclaim "know-it-all" has few friends and uses a large black dildo for his ass pleasures he got from his father.

This Pedro character reminds me of you in many ways. So does Becky but that is for another day.

Man, that was tough. Good find!:lol

Blake
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Man, that was tough. Good find!:lol

they say geniuses pick green.

...but you didn't pick green, focker.

clambake
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
jack, you should never express your thoughts out loud.

look what happens......just ask wc.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
It means it didn't work.

Pedro is this bisexual pedophile that whines all the time on the internet about nothing important, argues with everyone, has nothing better to do, works part-time, wants things for free, has a pretend girlfriend and never shuts the fuck up. He wants control and volunteers his services to websites as a sort of hall monitor but after time the owners of the site have to take away his control because he cannot get along with others. This self proclaim "know-it-all" has few friends and uses a large black dildo for his ass pleasures he got from his father.

This Pedro character reminds me of you in many ways. So does Becky but that is for another day.:lol

Nice meltdown, Priscilla.

Why did you use the name Pedro?

clambake
02-24-2010, 04:26 PM
jack is thinking about large black dildo's. lol

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
they say geniuses pick green.

...but you didn't pick green, focker.

You should have google it, you would have felt like a genius. Common knowledge how many jobs we lost last year.

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
jack is thinking about large black dildo's. lol

You little tramp!:nope

:lol:lol

clambake
02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
every time he thinks about obama, he thinks about large black dildo's.

obama is jacks mandingo. lol

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
:lol

Nice meltdown, Priscilla.

I didn't have a meltdown, Becky. You did.

Why did you use the name Pedro?

Because you remind me of Pedro, Becky.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't forget the not-so-latent pedophilia jack also expressed.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I didn't have a meltdown, Becky. You did.No, it's quite clear you had the the meltdown. All I did was call you a liar, which is true. You got mad because you were exposed as a liar and started listing your hobbies: large black dildos and pedophilia.

Because you remind me of Pedro, Becky.Why did you use the name Pedro, Priscilla?

And why do you feel the need to talk about black dildos and pedophilia because you're pissy about being exposed as a liar?

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
No, it's quite clear you had the the meltdown. All I did was call you a liar, which is true. You got mad because you were exposed as a liar and started listing your hobbies: large black dildos and pedophilia.

Why did you use the name Pedro, Priscilla?

And why do you feel the need to talk about black dildos and pedophilia because you're pissy about being exposed as a liar?

don't forget a cryass!

jack sommerset
02-24-2010, 04:52 PM
And most important, after all the bullshit and name calling, the stimulus did not work.

clambake
02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
And most important, after all the bullshit and name calling, the stimulus did not work.

not true. you have admitted to being stimulated by large black dildo's. lol

coyotes_geek
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
And the debate as to whether or not the operation on the now dead patient was a success rages on.........................

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2010, 05:00 PM

CBO: Stimulus bill created up to 2.1 million jobs
It lowered jobless rate by up to 2.1 percent in fourth quarter, report finds

Blake
02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
You should have google it, you would have felt like a genius. Common knowledge how many jobs we lost last year.

I did google it. Problem was that when I entered "4 million jobs lost" that I also entered the word "simulus".

I should have known not to connect the two together.....but i'm not really a genius.

Blake
02-24-2010, 05:17 PM
And the debate as to whether or not the operation on the now dead patient was a success rages on.........................

If the patient was dead, I would equate that with everyone losing their jobs.

I think it's something more like the patient lost both arms and might have lost a leg too if not for the stimulus........according to the CBO.......

coyotes_geek
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
If the patient was dead, I would equate that with everyone losing their jobs.

I think it's something more like the patient lost both arms and might have lost a leg too if not for the stimulus........according to the CBO.......

touche'

Wild Cobra
02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone have a number of the added government work force since last year?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Anyone have a number of the added government work force since last year?

Inquiring minds would like to know.Not enough to look it up yourself, hypocrite.

Wild Cobra
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Not enough to look it up yourself, hypocrite.
Not important enough for me to bother. However, I would think that if someone wants to spout how many jobs are created, shouldn't that person care to see just how many of them are government jobs?

What if all of them are?

coyotes_geek
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
For some reason I can't get a link to the actual report, but if you follow the link below and go to the very bottom of the page you can get the BLS report for government employment. According to said report, there was a decrease of about 100,000 government jobs between Jan-09 and Jan-10.

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ce

ChumpDumper
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Not important enough for me to bother. However, I would think that if someone wants to spout how many jobs are created, shouldn't that person care to see just how many of them are government jobs?

What if all of them are?What if none of them are?

Taste the fail, WC.

scott
02-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Keynesians!

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834515c2369e2011570016fbf970c-500wi

If it created 2.1 millions jobs, how many jobs were destroyed by it?

ElNono
03-01-2010, 06:19 PM
If it created 2.1 millions jobs, how many jobs were destroyed by it?

Are you going to answer your own question, or you're just going to leave us hanging in suspense?

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Are you going to answer your own question, or you're just going to leave us hanging in suspense?

He's hoping someone else will answer it for him..:lmao

TeyshaBlue
03-01-2010, 06:28 PM
He's hoping someone else will answer it for him..:lmao

He said it was so! Shouldn't that be enough proof for you?:lmao

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
He said it was so! Shouldn't that be enough proof for you?:lmao

I guess he's not going to dispute the CBO's findings..

TeyshaBlue
03-01-2010, 06:33 PM

I wouldn't dispute the CBO's findings, but they were far from firm on that estimate.

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM

I don't know the exact answer, but assuming the Obama Administration is right with their projections, I'd guess more than 3 millions.

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know the exact answer, but assuming the Obama Administration is right with their projections, I'd guess more than 3 millions.

so you don't know..

ElNono
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Interesting. I think we'll know once the raw numbers are in.

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2010, 06:59 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SO you are sticking with the Feb 2009 projections? And not the latest one's? :lmao

I will acknowledge that the CBO projections are just that however in this case the NOvember numbers are more accurate when it comes to the job numbers.. considering it is he 4th qtr jobs that were tabulated..

jack sommerset
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Stimulus didn't work even by Obama's standards. He said we had to pass stimulus or we would go above 8 percent unemployment. We did and we went above. Stimulus didn't work. Stimulus didn't work....Now on to jobs bill.