PDA

View Full Version : Mavs going to work out Dwayne Jones of the Toros

ace3g
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
may play against the Lakers on Wednesday

http://espn.go.com/dallas/story?id=4938744&campaign=rss&source=DALLASHeadlines

also Kurt Thomas might be released by the Bucks, what about him returning to the Spurs?

pad300
02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I thought Jones would get called up by somebody, given the season he's been having...

It seems unlikely that SAS will do squat for the rest of this season.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Good for Dwayne. He just had a 23 point, 23 rebound game against one of the biggest frontlines in the D-League Sunday.

The Toros are completely boned without him and Hairston though. On the other hand, the Luke Bonner era will now begin without delay.*

*unless the Toros go with 6'6" centers the entire game.

jbspurs
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought Jones would get called up by somebody, given the season he's been having...

It seems unlikely that SAS will do squat for the rest of this season.

Smart Gilas Philippine National team is also trying to get him as a Naturalize Import. They announced that they will sign Jones or Fey.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Smart Gilas Philippine National team is also trying to get him as a Naturalize Import. They announced that they will sign Jones or Fey.Michael Fey from the D-fenders?

ElNono
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Are the Mavs short due to injury or something? Or just giving the kid a shot?

Muser
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Why don't the Spurs give him a shot? Too tall?

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Are the Mavs short due to injury or something? Or just giving the kid a shot?Dampier is injured.

ElNono
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Dampier is injured.

I see. Thanks.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Ridiculous. The Mavericks are going to suddenly plummet out of the playoffs if they sign and play a D-leaguer. Everyone knows that.

Bender
02-23-2010, 08:33 PM
nice of the Spurs to train players for competitors.

jbspurs
02-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Michael Fey from the D-fenders?

Yes! Sinbad look a like.

LakerHater
02-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Why don't the Spurs give him a shot? Too tall?

Waste of a active roster space.

:nope

DesignatedT
02-23-2010, 10:48 PM
jones sucks

Bruno
02-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Mavs have decided to pass on him for the moment:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4938744

I guess teams in the playoff race are waiting the March 1st deadline to see what vet bigmen will be waived. After that, Dwayne Jones could have a better chance to be called up.

Bruno
02-24-2010, 06:05 AM
If Spurs had traded Mahinmi instead of Ratliff, Jones could have been a good option for them.
With two quite unproven bigmen (Mahinmi and Blair), I don't see Spurs adding a third one. What would make sense for Spurs is to sign a vet PF/C.

Muser
02-24-2010, 06:49 AM
:nope

Before we got rid of theo it would have been, seems as the spurs have no chance it makes sense to give some young guys some burn.

mountainballer
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
If Spurs had traded Mahinmi instead of Ratliff, Jones could have been a good option for them.
With two quite unproven bigmen (Mahinmi and Blair), I don't see Spurs adding a third one. What would make sense for Spurs is to sign a vet PF/C.

agree. Spurs have 2 open slots, they could hand out some 10 days contracts, maybe to guys like Chris Mihm and Maceo Baston.
(yes, I know that they haven't been very good last year. just because the one brings in good size, the other one can block some shots)
for sure they will be in business for some of the buy out candidates.
possible buy out player on PF/C: Oberto, Etan Thomas, Tony Battie, Kwame Brown.

I. Hustle
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
How badass would it be to have to number one draft picks again? Twin towers 2.0

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kwame_brown.jpg:lol

jbspurs
02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=I. Hustle;4111765]How badass would it be to have to number one draft picks again? Twin towers 2.0

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kwame_brown.jpg:lol[/QUOTE

I hope Spurs will get him if he becomes available. You never know, He might be the big we've been waiting for.

Muser
02-24-2010, 12:07 PM
[quote=I. Hustle;4111765]How badass would it be to have to number one draft picks again? Twin towers 2.0

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kwame_brown.jpg:lol[/QUOTE

I hope Spurs will get him if he becomes available. You never know, He might be the big we've been waiting for.

You're joking, right?

Ya Vez
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Should the Spurs at least show a interest in Mikki?

NBA veteran big man Mikki Moore(notes) had surgery in mid-December to fix a right heel spur and he's apparently going to be ready to go in mid-March, according to FanHouse. So any team that didn't get a big man at the trade deadline will have another opportunity.
The Denver Nuggets are expected to make an offer to Moore, who can sign with anybody till the end of the regular season and still be eligible for the playoffs. Denver apparently tried to sign Moore last year when he was bought out of his contract by the Sacramento Kings and he joined the Boston Celtics.
Moore's agent says four to five teams have expressed interest in Moore.

sananspursfan21
02-24-2010, 01:32 PM
agree. Spurs have 2 open slots, they could hand out some 10 days contracts, maybe to guys like Chris Mihm and Maceo Baston.
(yes, I know that they haven't been very good last year. just because the one brings in good size, the other one can block some shots)
for sure they will be in business for some of the buy out candidates.
possible buy out player on PF/C: Oberto, Etan Thomas, Tony Battie, Kwame Brown.

i'd love it if they signed him. i really like alot of the wizards/former wizards players. i've always felt like most of them would be a great fit for the spurs.

jbspurs
02-24-2010, 02:38 PM
[quote=jbspurs;4112058]

You're joking, right?

I said "You never know".