PDA

View Full Version : Caron Butler grateful he was Kobe Bryant's teammate

RedsLakers24
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Todd Archer

Caron Butler spent a year in Los Angeles as Kobe Bryant's Laker teammate thanks to the Shaquille O'Neal trade that sent the big fella to Miami.

"I say that's the best thing that ever could have happened for me personally for my career," Butler said. "To play alongside a guy like that, see his preparation, see what it takes to get to that level, that's why I was able to be so good in Washington because I took everything I learned from him under his wing."

Butler played in 77 games in 2004-05 with the Lakers. He averaged a then career-high (by a tick) 15.5 points and then career-high 5.8 rebounds. His free throw shooting improved, too.

"Work ethic," Butler said. "He comes to the gym 6:30, 7 in the morning, gets shots every day, a rhythm. Afterward hits the weight room, works out in the summer, studying film, critiquing guys, watching their tendencies, picking things up ... Just studying the game with him taught me a lot."

Butler and Bryant talk every couple of weeks and when Butler was traded to Dallas Bryant was quick with a call.

"He told me he was happy for me and happy to see me in a situation to be able to legitimately compete for a title," Butler said.

But Wednesday will be a different conversation.

"You always hear that he's ready to compete," Butler said. "He's happy but at the same time once we get on the court all bets are off with Kobe. He's going to bring it, then hug me afterwards. That's how it is. It's business."

Link: http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives ... ryant.html (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/caron-butler-grateful-he-was-kobe-bryant.html)

TheMACHINE
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Cue the "kobe is selfish" and that "Caron > Kobe" statements.

usdane
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Cue the "kobe is selfish" and that "Caron > Kobe" statements.

And the Kobe doesn't make his teammates better.

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
LOL most players even if they thinbk Kobe is an arrogant prick respect his game and his work ethic ...THE HATERS on here?
He sucks!
He is the most overrated overhyped media created 4 time champion ever!!!
Can't win without shaq/Gasol
Can't win without Dfish ...
Can't win without Phil ...
Rapist!
Child molester! (added that myself, but I know the haters wish it was true ...)
LOL!!!

rAm
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Kobe is a grade A piece of shit.

But he works just as hard as anyone else in the league and can play better than everyone of them (for now).

He is still a grade A piece of shit.

hitmanyr2k
02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Why are the Kobe groupies constantly looking for validation on this board? If someone doesn't like your favorite player who cares? :lol Posting articles like this isn't going to change anything.

Killakobe81
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Why are the Kobe groupies constantly looking for validation on this board? If someone doesn't like your favorite player who cares? :lol Posting articles like this isn't going to change anything.

I agree ... but I do think this is relevant to the forum but should be added to the Kobe thread if someone cares they can find it there ...

Problem is teh Kobe haters and the supporters fail to use it ...

IronMexican
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Why are the Kobe groupies constantly looking for validation on this board?

Truth. Almost as annoying as the Kobe aters.

Gutter92
02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
isnt there a kobe topic at the top of the page? when there's a "hate" topic, the OP is told to put it up there...

TheMACHINE
02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
this thread is 60% about Caron Butler.

The Gemini Method
02-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I actually enjoyed watching Butler play as a Laker. I noticed he did pay attention when he was conversing with Kobe and it is pretty nice that he picked up some of the tendencies. Hope he finds success in the Big D.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2010, 07:48 PM

just fyi -- Scottie Pippen was gay....he was banging a white dude in college...:lol

alchemist
02-23-2010, 08:56 PM
:lol :toast

MiamiHeat
02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Laker fans, you are constantly bitching about kobe hating, but you are the biggest self-serving fans on the planet. stop making us talk about him.

go post in the ALL-KOBE, ALL-THE TIME THREAD and stop making new threads

cobbler
02-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Laker fans, you are constantly bitching about kobe hating, but you are the biggest self-serving fans on the planet. stop making us talk about him.

This was a thread about Caron Butler. Only your Kobe obsession has made it about Kobe. If you couldn't find something to say about Caron.... then why not just let it be? But you can't. Anything Kobe and the Lakers torments you.... and we love it!

Comical coming from the person that has to create several logons and has created more hate threads than all the Kobe admirers positive threads combined.

You ignorance has no limits. We love it. You are entertaining... well in a we all love to see a buffon make a fool of himself kind of way.

Keep on obsessing over our team and our players. We really love that! :toast

badfish22
02-23-2010, 09:23 PM
This was a thread about Caron Butler. Only your Kobe obsession has made it about Kobe.

No actually lakerfan made it about Kobe. Seeing as they were the first ones to post.

djohn2oo8
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
This was a thread about Caron Butler.

Is that why Kobe's name is in the thread title?

cobbler
No actually lakerfan made it about Kobe. Seeing as they were the first ones to post.

No. They simply commented that with that article on Caron praising Kobe as a teamate would bring out the haters. And right on que they came.

Nice try...

resistanze
Kobe probably raped Caron into submission.

cobbler
02-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Kobe probably raped Caron into submission.

:toast

resistanze
02-23-2010, 09:35 PM
:lol

JamStone
02-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, but it's inconclusive. Caron had semen stains from four different men on his Laker shorts.

DJ Mbenga
02-23-2010, 10:41 PM

this is about caron butler

RedsLakers24
02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
The First Thing The Article States Is Caron Butler, Thats The First Name Given, So That Means It's About Caron Butler

alchemist
02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
:lmao right.....

RedsLakers24
02-23-2010, 11:54 PM
and it comes out of the dallas paper

mavsfan1000
02-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm starting to like Butler less now. lol

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Also notice how he didn't mention Wade

DxB
02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
just fyi -- Scottie Pippen was gay....he was banging a white dude in college...:lol

haha he also has quite the trophy case... couple more than that homo on the lakers...

ChrisRichards
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
i cant belive you took the bait, man you're dumber off the court. :lol