PDA

View Full Version : What going on in the turnaround on DeZavala?

gospursgojas
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
On my way home from work 2 days ago I noticed 2 cop cars just parked in a turnaround and an SUV half up on the curb. There was one policeman issuing a ticket to the driver of the SUV, and the other was standing behind the SUV...

At first I thought it was just another accident, until I saw the cop who was standing behind the SUV stop a car coming through the turnaround. (with his hands standing in the middle of the street not with his cruiser). He instructed the driver to pull over to the side behind the SUV, the SUV took off and then the ticket issuing cop began to write out a ticket for that car. By then my light had turned green and I continued my way home.

Yesterday I saw the same thing, same turnaround...I figure its for expired tags or seatbelts or something that can be easily seen by a policeman outside his car and with vehicles going slower than normal through a turnaround... Is this something that has always happened or something new? I know I've never seen it before yesterday and the day before in my 10 yrs of driving.

Blake
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
wouldn't surprise me if they were hitting drivers for crossing that yellow line on the left side....they were doing that for some time at the turnaround at 281/1604.

ftr, that access road heading up to dezavala might be the worst in town. I'd say the 281/1604 is worse except I'm not really as concerned with someone blindly pulling out of the parking lot in front of me.

bigzak25
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
i went through that turnaround yesterday with my expired inspection sticker but they were busy with another guy so i got through...

if that is the case as far as what they are doing, they are some sneaky bastards!!!

and i will avoid that shit til i get my car to bo's for my FREE sticker!

gospursgojas
02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah I just spoke to my co worker who's dad is a cop and he says to avoid turnarounds all together if you have expired tags, its an old trick that he guesses they are trying again.

ashbeeigh
02-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I saw it happen earlier today (around 1:30) as I was headed towards the bank. It was interesting. Who knows.

Blake
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah I just spoke to my co worker who's dad is a cop and he says to avoid turnarounds all together if you have expired tags, its an old trick that he guesses they are trying again.

Expired tags? Catching speeders would be a better use of time imo, but oh well.

bigzak25
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
What's the trick, they can just eyeball all the stickers of cars turning around?

yeah, the trick is that they are using the turnaround as a high traffic, low speed checkpoint. :lol

CharlieMac
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Friend of mine got a ticket there. Seatbelts......

PM5K
02-25-2010, 12:57 AM
This was mentioned some time back, seatbelts. They also like to sit on exit ramps and ticket you if you're over the speed limit.

Das Texan
02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
This was mentioned some time back, seatbelts. They also like to sit on exit ramps and ticket you if you're over the speed limit.

Ya I got one of those on the exit ramp last year.

On the frontage on Fucking 10 outside the loops goes on forever and the lanes are wide open. It being only 45 is retarded.

Actually there being a lack of exits forcing you to drive on that shit for an extended period is even more retarded.

Big P
02-25-2010, 10:40 AM
What a great way to spend tax dollars.

Clandestino
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I saw those cop assholes. It's not safe.
They pulled over the guy in front of me with a whistle! Lol

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I saw those cop assholes. It's not safe.
They pulled over the guy in front of me with a whistle! Lol
:lol:lol

remingtonbo2001
02-25-2010, 11:29 PM
i went through that turnaround yesterday with my expired inspection sticker but they were busy with another guy so i got through...

if that is the case as far as what they are doing, they are some sneaky bastards!!!

and i will avoid that shit til i get my car to bo's for my FREE sticker!

:tu I approve

Just send those with an expired inspection sticker to the Express Lube on Nacogodoches. I'll take care of them. :)