PDA

View Full Version : True Fans

antgomez2009
02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I have and will forever be a true fan of the San Antonio Spurs, but most importantly to the game of basketball!

Spurs come into tonights game looking to ressert itself in the playoff hunt, facing a very talented and up and coming Oklahoma City Thunder team!

SAS have split their last 10 games, while OKC thunder is 9 -1 after losing a tough game to the Phonix Suns last night!

This is what basketball junkies live for!

Durant, a sure MVP candidate vs Duncan, a 2 time MVP leading their team in tonights game!

Of course though, all eyes will be focused on Tony Parker, and whether or not he will be able to play and be effective tonight!

The Spurs won the last meeting in OKC, in a thrilling game in overtime, coming down to the last seconds, which Ginobili dived for a loose ball that he lost in the first place but it ultimately ended up in Richard Jeffersons hands for a uncontested Elbow shot. Westbrook missed the last second attempt to tie the game! note: Bogans did a even better job at denying the possible MVP Kevin Durant!

Its games like tonight that have so much substance and meaning for both teams that makes me want to watch the game of basketball forever!

Im a die hard spurs fan!

Yes, i know they are not what they used to be, because they were fortunate to have the group of guys they had for their title years together for a long time, not the case this year! But I think its even more exciting to see the Once Power house SAS climb their way to elite status!!

It will be a tough journey, and no one is more upset at their play more than the San Antonio Spurs, but i Truly Believe that with a healthy Tim, Tony and Manu, and everyone else contributing tough defense and on the offense end consistently, the SAS can reach the ultimate goal! But of course thats a tough task to take on, which makes it that much more greater!!!

Cheer up San Antonio Fans, the Spurs have brought us much reason to believe in this team in the past, but one thing i know, given the tough and dissapointing season they have been going through, they will not make it by themselves, we all need to have a little faith in this team!!!

:toast

Chomag
02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Another one of these? Sorry, but why creat a new thread when there are a few of these allready.

On this note though, I will be a fan untill the end and after just like I was before the champinship runs. However I would rather see Spurs go lotto and have a chance next year then to be somebodies bitch in the playoffs.

timtonymanu
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
well at least the OP wasnt being an asshole so this thread doesnt bother me. It's not needed, but it's not a big deal.

I'm still a fan. If this was 3 years ago, I would have been out the door already. I grew up as a fan.

jimo2305
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
trust.. i haven't even began the slightest to think of giving up on the team.. this is my team.. sometimes.. id get frustrated and say stuff lol.. but quite frankly.. i belive a true fan is more entitled to show frustration and criticism of his/her own team.. rather than pretend everything is ok all thetime (not saying anyone here is doing that.. just that ive been labeled as harsh atimes ;))

but i have a question tho.. i thought about it and wondered what exactly would make me not wanna be a fan anymore..

and the only thing i could come up with was the spurs being sold to another city or something..

would that make you all not be a fan anymore also?