PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets pushing hard for Z

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-24-2010, 08:06 PM
The Nuggets are making a strong push to acquire coveted big man Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who will likely be bought out by the Washington Wizards soon.

"There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't heard from Mark (Warkentien, the Nuggets vice president of basketball operations)," said Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas' agent. "He had a great relationship with 'Z' (back in Cleveland). Mark has been very aggressive to convince me to convince 'Z'."
Ilgauskas is currently at his home in New York City, waiting to hear what happens next. He was traded by Cleveland near the trade deadline to the Wizards. And the plan is for the former all-star center to get bought out of his contract so he can sign with a contender.
"He wants to win a championship," Rudoy said.

The Nuggets have a coveted facet to this deal, too — the biannual exception, which pays a player $1.99 million. That's what Denver would use on the center, if the center agrees to sign with Nuggets, the No. 2 team in the Western Conference.

The Washington Post reported that the 34-year-old Ilgauskas could land in Dallas, Utah, Atlanta or back in Cleveland. If he signs with a team by March 1, he can be on the playoff roster, which is obviously the plan.
Rudoy said a decision could happen within the next week as his client feels out all the possibilities.
"He has a lot emotionally invested," the agent said.
The 7-foot-3 big man averages 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds this season

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14463121#ixzz0gVOkmqql

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
ugh. dont really see him fitting in there. i think they would be better off going for a kurt thomas or something like that.