PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili turns back the clock

ffadicted
02-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Does this need it's own thread? Hell yeah it does.

This was far an out one of the best games I've seen from Ginobili in a long time. The guy just fucking took over the 4th quarter, he was doing everything, on both ends. That monster block was nasty, then the assist for a 3, then a 3 himself! He was literally snatching the ball away from whoever got the rebound, he knew this game was his. He was in the Twilight Zone tonight :wow

I tell yah, Manu plays like this and parker heals, we're invincible folks!!

:flag::flag::flag:

PS: SOMEONE PUT THAT BLOCK ON YOUTUBE NOW!! lol

timtonymanu
02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Resign manu!!!!

TIMMYD!
02-24-2010, 11:02 PM
I need a GIF of that shit, ASAP.

ezau
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Holy shit Manu. I never thought that he can still do it. Wow, I'll never look past Manu ever again

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM
he needs to play like this... him and duncan HAVE to step it up as long as parker is in pain... he should have had this mentality for awhile now... nice to see it the past couple games though!

good game manu :tu

nbaman99
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Spurs made a huge mistake not extending his contract. Hopefully we can resign him next year.

BadOne
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Even if it isn't for the max amount of $$$, they need to re-sign Manu next year for the amount of years left in his playing days.:flag:

Ice009
02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
he needs to play like this... him and duncan HAVE to step it up as long as parker is in pain... he should have had this mentality for awhile now... nice to see it the past couple games though!

good game manu :tu

Manu has been getting better the last month or so. You can't expect him to play like this every minute, every game. He will play better as he is getting into form.

DPG21920
02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Why can't TP be healthy? Why can't RJ have fire?

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
What the fuck have you been watching man?

Manu has been getting better the last month or so.

what the fuck are you talking about? when did i not say he hasnt been getting better?

all i said is you can tell that his mentality has changed the last 2 games (OKC, and DET)... he is being a lot more selfish with the ball, not being so passive and thats exactly what we need right now with tony not being able to contribute offensively.

MmP
02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
C'mon people. One good play and you want to resign him?
Manu's talent is still there. He still has hops and spectacular vintage plays. He's had them all year. What I mean is that try to be more objetive with him. If he has a bad game doesn't mean he's lost it. That was what some of us has been trying to state

I'll quote something from the game blog that really caught me.

Manu is just a winner. I mean every reaction in his body is just naturally a winning move.

celldweller
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8858/ditla.jpg

pjjrfan
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Whatever, this is the Manu the Spurs need if they plan on contending and making some noise in the playoffs. The beautiful thing about that block on Durant was that the team was about to collapse and lose this game, that block energized everyone and showed why Manu is so vauluable to this team. No chest bumps, No high fives, no flaunting just straight out hard ass basketball.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
He's been playing a lot better since the start of the RRT..it's a great sign for Manu and it gives the team an extra push for the playoffs, but we still have a lot of problems..

Manu's help defense has been phenomenal for weeks now too..

DPG21920
02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Whatever, this is the Manu the Spurs need if they plan on contending and making some noise in the playoffs. The beautiful thing about that block on Durant was that the team was about to collapse and lose this game, that block energized everyone and showed why Manu is so vauluable to this team. No chest bumps, No high fives, no flaunting just straight out hard ass basketball.

Just a near turn over to kill the momentum from his great play.

tmtcsc
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM

:lol One play ? He made a bunch of good plays tonight. He's been playing a lot better lately. He's getting more confidence and took over the game.

Ice009
02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
what the fuck are you talking about? when did i not say he hasnt been getting better?

all i said is you can tell that his mentality has changed the last 2 games (OKC, and DET)... he is being a lot more selfish with the ball, not being so passive and thats exactly what we need right now with tony not being able to contribute offensively.

He's been driving to the rack before those two games. You can't expect him to do it all and play like this all the time. He didn't touch a ball all summer and he has to get into form. I think that is what he has been doing so far this season. Ruff said he doesn't look good over a month ago and I said to him that Manu will get a lot better.

A lot of people here seem to think Manu by himself will get us all these wins. Other players MUST STEP UP.

If it takes Manu to play like this to inspire other players that is great, but they still gotta step up and help. Anyway you can get these other players to step up I am all for it. Tim and Manu need help if they are the only two bringing it. Everyone else must step up.

MmP
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah I agree with you but the point was in the rest of the post I wrote.
Be fair with Manu.

Ice009
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Just a near turn over to kill the momentum from his great play.

Exactly those other guys gotta step up, not fuck it up, but step it up.

ElNono
02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
He's just been shooting better too. Stil can't make the back breaking threes, but he'll get there.
I agree you can't go overboard and pretend he plays like this every game. Bottom line is that we really need TP to get healthy soon to help Tim and Manu, because it looks like we're not getting help anywhere else...

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Exactly those other guys gotta step up, not fuck it up, but step it up.

of course they have to step it up.. its a team sport? it still starts with tony,tim and manu though and when one of them is out (right now tony) then those other 2 are responsible for leading this team.

what we were doing so many times before the RRT was letting hill and mason and RJ or whoever take to many shots down the stretch and putting the game in there hands... not anymore.. you can tell manu is saying fuck that and taking the shots himself make or miss.... and thats the mentality that we need from him.

Ice009
02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
He's just been shooting better too. Stil can't make the back breaking threes, but he'll get there.
I agree you can't go overboard and pretend he plays like this every game. Bottom line is that we really need TP to get healthy soon to help Tim and Manu, because it looks like we're not getting help anywhere else...

Exactly, but even if he isn't playing like this every game and makes a few of those momentum 3s that will also help us quite a bit.

Other guys gotta step up and whatever it takes to get those guys going with Tim and Manu I am all for it. Hopefully this win helps these guys out.

wildbill2u
02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
He's still the guy you go to in the last seconds of a game for a win, not Tony and not Tim. Neither has as much variation in their offensive weapons, nor are they as deadly at the FT line in the 4th quarter.

The guy is an assassin.

Supreme_Being
02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/twk826/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Ice009
02-24-2010, 11:33 PM
of course they have to step it up.. its a team sport? it still starts with tony,tim and manu though and when one of them is out (right now tony) then those other 2 are responsible for leading this team.

what we were doing so many times before the RRT was letting hill and mason and RJ or whoever take to many shots down the stretch and putting the game in there hands... not anymore.. you can tell manu is saying fuck that and taking the shots himself make or miss.... and thats the mentality that we need from him.

I agree with that.

Manu wasn't doing that before because earlier on he looked spent by the time the 4th quarter comes around from trying to get the Spurs back into the game.

TIMVP has pointed it out a few times that by the time the 4th came around Manu looked tired. That is why other guys gotta step up so Manu has got something left for the 4th.

I definitely would prefer Manu to take those shots though like you are saying. I have no problem with that.

igruex
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Manu's talent is still there. He still has hops and spectacular vintage plays. He's had them all year. What I mean is that try to be more objetive with him. If he has a bad game doesn't mean he's lost it. That was what some of us has been trying to state

You don't get it. Manu seems really healthy. His body can follow his mind now, he doesn't need to prove anything bb wise, of course the talent is still there.

Btw, he shouldn't be playing this much, he's in shape now, we need him fresh for the playoff..

Sigz
02-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Team ain't winning shit with or without Manu.

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I agree with that.

Manu wasn't doing that before because earlier on he looked spent by the time the 4th quarter comes around from trying to get the Spurs back into the game.

TIMVP has pointed it out a few times that by the time the 4th came around Manu looked tired. That is why other guys gotta step up so Manu has got something left for the 4th.

I definitely would prefer Manu to take those shots though like you are saying. I have no problem with that.

yeah. bottom line is we really need a healthy parker... bad

MmP
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
You don't get it. Manu seems really healthy. His body can follow his mind now, he doesn't need to prove anything bb wise, of course the talent is still there.

Btw, he shouldn't be playing this much, he's in shape now, we need him fresh for the playoff..
You didn't get a thing of what I said.

mytespurs
02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Does this need it's own thread? Hell yeah it does.

This was far an out one of the best games I've seen from Ginobili in a long time. The guy just fucking took over the 4th quarter, he was doing everything, on both ends. That monster block was nasty, then the assist for a 3, then a 3 himself! He was literally snatching the ball away from whoever got the rebound, he knew this game was his. He was in the Twilight Zone tonight :wow

:flag::flag::flag:

PS: SOMEONE PUT THAT BLOCK ON YOUTUBE NOW!! lol

Not to burst your bubble or optimism but......Manu doesn't play like this every night and TP is up/down as he recovers from injuries.....we can only take it one game at a time.........we go from the highs of betting a top seed like Denver to the lows of losing to a bottom feeder like the 76ers.

I'll be more enthusiastic when this team starts to show some consistency....until then, I take it 1 game at a time. Go Spurs! :toast

lefty
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Shit

that was vintage Manu; dunks, crazy assists, D :wow

Even his hair looked thicker tonight

lefty
02-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Team ain't winning shit with or without Manu.
No shit Sherlock

No I understand why you like Becky

ducks
02-25-2010, 12:00 AM
damm manu just when to the full mle level
for next year

santymrc
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
damm manu just when to the full mle level
for next year

When what?

hombrefeo
02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
incredible stuff!

TheSullyMonster
02-25-2010, 01:02 AM

Unless Parker sits out a couple months, he won't be healed.

spurspokesman
02-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Exactly those other guys gotta step up, not fuck it up, but step it up. only if rj had half his heart.

Manu-of-steel
02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not yet convinced that the big 3 would be enough for us to win the ring. RJ, Blair, Hill and even Mason must also do their share. I dunno what happened to mason on this game. After hitting a 3, he was then benched.

tmtcsc
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Manu is the only reason I would pay to see the Spurs play nowadays. I think the FO and ownership realizes I am not alone in that feeling. They should re-sign him ASAP. Even if he isn't what he used to be, he's still exciting.