PDA

View Full Version : help picking teams for NBALP

Manufan909
02-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm a Spurs fan obviously, so I'm going to pick them, even though they've disappointed the hell out of me this year, mainly Bogans, RJ, and Pop's complete lack of a plan that allows the Spurs to play big as much as I'd want them to. Shit, don't get me started on Bogans/Fin/Bonner each playing more minutes than Ian and Hairston combined, or Blair not averaging close to 25 mpg by now.:bang

And right now my picks for the other 6 teams would be the Jazz, Magic, Rockets, Grizzlies, Nuggets, and Hawks.

I was hoping people here could let me know which teams play D, are above .500, utilize their big men properly, and are generally fun to watch. Also, no teams that play in LA, Phoenix, Dallas, NO, Boston, or Detroit. Hope that isn't too tall an order!!!

P.S. I hope it isn't too late in the season for it to not make sense for me to get LP. If I watch 100 games (around $0.30 a game) I'll consider getting LP a good investment, and since I plan on putting my PS3 at my girlfriends house soon, I should be able to make that quota. And for LP owners, when is the deadline for using the archives, the start of the POs? I hope it's the end. Thanks in advance for all the non-troll replies.:toast

IronMexican
02-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Pick Chicago for sure, and OKC. Two very young and exciting teams to watch.

Bob Lanier
02-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I'd take Milwaukee over Houston.

Darthkiller
02-25-2010, 01:22 AM
phx, OKC, portland, milwaukee, NYK, MEM are the most entertaining teams to watch.

Manufan909
02-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Hey Darthkiller, The Two Towers is my favorite movie too!

And crap, I forgot about the bucks, Portland, and OKC. Idk who I should take out... I guess the Nuggets can suck it, I'll pop Portland in there. I'll keep the Hawks and Orlando in, since they're the only teams I am currently choosing from the East.

As it stands, the Spurs, Trailblazers, Rockets, Jazz, Magic, and Hawks are all for sure or semi-givens, I'll just wait a couple more days to see what people have to say. Hopefully I get to know if team X meets my bigman criteria. I know Portland and Houston can't, San Antonio and Orlando won't, and Utah and Atlanta I don't know enough about to say. Even if I don't choose OKC or Milwaukee, I can still watch alot of games with them in it.

Darthkiller
02-25-2010, 10:22 AM
i wouldnt choose magic if i were u, they are on national tv a lot, national tv games are blacked out on Leaguepass.