PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from a sales rep

TimDunkem
02-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not even sure how they got my number, but I just received an offer to tour the AT&T Center. Apparently, I'll be allowed to see parts of the arena that are not always open to the public in hopes of getting me to purchase the Stretch Run plan, and maybe even become a season ticket holder.

I just want to know if anyone here has received similar calls, and know what to expect from this kind of tour, in addition to the process of becoming a ticket holder.

I'm also on a budget. Are the sales reps usually willing to work out a deal?

dbestpro
02-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Tell em no more small ball from Pop and they got a deal!

TimDunkem
02-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll be sure to bring that up. :lol

El_Mago
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I am a first time season ticket holder.

A couple of things really quickly:

1) Your season ticket holder experience boils down to how well you get along with your ticket rep. I have an amazing ticket rep and she's made this entire season a blast even though the season has sucked. Again, it's up to you to develop that relationship and be nice.

2) The Spurs organization gives out the most perks to season ticket holders than any other team. We got to meet R.C., got VIP seating for the open scrimmage, etc.... We also got to meet players at certain ticket holder functions.

3) We got to take photos and touch all 4 titles.

4) They are totally down with working out payment plans. In full, three big payments, 6 month payments, etc...

5) Lastly, I am not a bottom bowl ticket holder. I am in the upper deck (paid for my own tickets and I'm pretty young) and still get treated awesome.

They also tend to hook you up with seats every so often. The closet I got was 8th row against the Jazz.
:flag:

Baseline
02-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Seriously, tell the ticket rep that there is a reason players are assigned numbers...1,2,3,4,5. That's who is on the court for the other team.

But on our team, we have this...1,1,1,3,4. Tell the ticket rep that you, as a SpursReport member, know more at this point about coaching than Popovich, and that you would be a much more satisfied customer if ANYBODY else was our coach.

koriwhat
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I am a first time season ticket holder.

A couple of things really quickly:

1) Your season ticket holder experience boils down to how well you get along with your ticket rep. I have an amazing ticket rep and she's made this entire season a blast even though the season has sucked. Again, it's up to you to develop that relationship and be nice.

2) The Spurs organization gives out the most perks to season ticket holders than any other team. We got to meet R.C., got VIP seating for the open scrimmage, etc.... We also got to meet players at certain ticket holder functions.

3) We got to take photos and touch all 4 titles.

4) They are totally down with working out payment plans. In full, three big payments, 6 month payments, etc...

5) Lastly, I am not a bottom bowl ticket holder. I am in the upper deck (paid for my own tickets and I'm pretty young) and still get treated awesome.

They also tend to hook you up with seats every so often. The closet I got was 8th row against the Jazz.
:flag:

shemekah?

greyforest
02-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I'll be allowed to see parts of the arena that are not always open to the public

But every part of the arena is not always open to the public!

Lawyers :lol

TimDunkem
02-26-2010, 07:00 AM
But every part of the arena is not always open to the public!

Lawyers :lol
haha Of course. Go easy on me I just wrote that up in a minute. :lol

He wasn't too specific, but he acknowledged that I was a long time Spurs fan who knows the layout of the arena, so I'd get to see some things I normally wouldn't see. Perhaps the suites? Maybe I'll get lucky and see the locker rooms. Who knows. :hat

mexicanjunior
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I got a call this year from a Spurs sales rep but, after I explained to them that I don't live in San Antonio, they couldn't hang up the phone quickly enough.

TimDunkem
02-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I got a call this year from a Spurs sales rep but, after I explained to them that I don't live in San Antonio, they couldn't hang up the phone quickly enough.
Did he or she tell you that they were YOUR rep before you told them that you didn't live in SA?

portnoy1
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not even sure how they got my number, but I just received an offer to tour the AT&T Center. Apparently, I'll be allowed to see parts of the arena that are not always open to the public in hopes of getting me to purchase the Stretch Run plan, and maybe even become a season ticket holder.

I just want to know if anyone here has received similar calls, and know what to expect from this kind of tour, in addition to the process of becoming a ticket holder.

Was the dudes name Trustin?

Sausage
02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I got a call from a SS&E Sales Rep a couple weeks ago wanting me to take a tour then buying the last 12 home games package. He started out by asking me how many games I've been to and how many playoff games I've been in the past. Guy didn't take the hint when I told him I'm a poor college student, so I just stopped answering my calls from him!

mexicanjunior
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Did he or she tell you that they were YOUR rep before you told them that you didn't live in SA?

I do recall him saying he was MY sales rep but the convo didn't get very far after that...

I also get emails from 2 different sales reps offering me deals as well...

TimDunkem
02-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I got pretty much the same call as you two did.

I'll take my little tour, and maybe I'll purchase the stretch run plan, but I doubt I end up a season ticket holder unless they help me out with some kind of great payment plan.

@Sausage: He actually told me how they got my number, but I was multitasking at the time and can't quite remember what he said. Did your rep tell you how he got your number?

elbamba
02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Maybe I'll get lucky and see the locker rooms. Who knows. :hat

Hill already posted that online.

TimDunkem
02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Hill already posted that online.
You were reaching with that one. Try again. :wakeup

Sausage
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I got pretty much the same call as you two did.

@Sausage: He actually told me how they got my number, but I was multitasking at the time and can't quite remember what he said. Did your rep tell you how he got your number?

He told me " I noticed you've been to a few Spurs games this season and just wanted to ask you a few questions..."

So he preceded by asking me how many games i've been to this year (6), how good were the seats, how many playoff games in the past have i been to, where did you buy the tickets, how much did you pay, then he finally told me he wanted to send me in for a tour then talk about buying a stretch run package with priority playoff seating.

E-RockWill
02-26-2010, 12:19 PM
There are sales reps. Look, you go in, take a tour & if you buy something, they will probably make those games for you as fun as possible (make it known to the rep that it's what you expect). You'll probably wind up with plenty of Spurs swag & get upgraded a time or two. The Spurs hold all kinds of functions exclusively for people who buy in. If you've got the money& you're a fan, then it's probably worth it.

TimDunkem
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
lmao I feel stupid. His name was actually Daniel Earle.

Russ
02-27-2010, 05:04 PM

I am a former Clippers season ticket holder. They keep calling me, too. I know they are always willing to consider a deal. Like at a sidewalk bazaar in Tijuana.

jimo2305
02-27-2010, 10:25 PM
sup Tim Dunkem ;)