PDA

View Full Version : Two Can Play That Game

beirmeistr
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
It was obvious after the first few minutes of game 3 that Karl's plan was to get the Spurs' bigs in foul trouble. The Nuggets were driving to the basket on almost every play. Someone should remind coach Pop that the Spurs not only can play that strategy but that they have better weapons to get Camby, Martin, and Nene in foul trouble. If they can find some intestinal fortitude, Parker, Barry, and Bowen can sacrifice their bodies and draw some fouls early in the game. Ginobili, it goes without saying, has plenty of huevos to do that allready.

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I am pretty sure Karl ordered that hard foul against Manu.

caŽlo
05-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Kill Karl

Seru Giran
05-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Kill Karl

better yet, let him live in mediocrity

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I am pretty sure Karl ordered that hard foul against Manu.

yeah right..."We obviously aren't gonna win this game so go out there and mug Manu after the play is stopped so you can be suspended for next game"

I'm sure he said that... :rolleyes

It was a cheap frustration foul from a punk ass bitch...

T Park
05-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Im sure Karl didn't tell him to do that.

BUT,

I wouldn't doubt that he has stressed to his team, that "Playing tough" in tight situations is key.

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 12:44 PM
yeah right..."We obviously aren't gonna win this game so go out there and mug Manu after the play is stopped so you can be suspended for next game"

I'm sure he said that... :rolleyes

It was a cheap frustration foul from a punk ass bitch...

Maybe you didn't see it, but all three Denver players commited a hard foul on the same play. Melo was the one who got charged with the foul, but like Sean Elliot said, it could have gone to either of the 3 players.

Karl was probably pissed that he kept driving in the lane and scoring at will, and told his players to make Manu pay if he is gonna drive through the lane like that.

And if you think that doesn't happen in the NBA, you need to get your head out of the sand.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Maybe you didn't see it, but all three Denver players commited a hard foul on the same play. Melo was the one who got charged with the foul, but like Sean Elliot said, it could have gone to either of the 3 players.

Karl was probably pissed that he kept driving in the lane and scoring at will, and told his players to make Manu pay if he is gonna drive through the lane like that.

And if you think that doesn't happen in the NBA, you need to get your head out of the sand.

I saw the play.

like I said...Melo popped him after the play was effectively stopped.

And I know that hard fouls are given occasionally to send a message but that is why teams have enforcers...you don't send your star player in to draw a flagrant 2 ejection / possible suspension.

It was clearly a frustration foul.

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I saw the play.

like I said...Melo popped him after the play was effectively stopped.

And I know that hard fouls are given occasionally to send a message but that is why teams have enforcers...you don't send your star player in to draw a flagrant 2 ejection / possible suspension.

It was clearly a frustration foul.

How in the hell can you sit there and say "Melo popped him after the play was effectively stopped." ?????

Manu was in the fucking air when it happened!! And all three players fouled him at the same time!!! Want proof?? Here!!

http://www.mistilynn.com/spurs/043005_Gino_fouled.mpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 01:09 PM
If you were paying attention Bowen and Carmelo were getting very chippy the last 2 minutes of play at both ends.

What you saw happen to Manu was the culmination of that.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2005, 01:15 PM
thanks for the link...as you said they were almost simultaneous but if you review it frame by frame you can see that Manu had already been hit in the face and lost the ball when Melo unloaded on him...but you are right...the timing was closer than I remembered it...but Melo was clearly going for Manu's face and not the ball...

thanks again for the link...(and thanks Misti!)

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 01:21 PM
but if you review it frame by frame you can see that Manu had already been hit in the face and lost the ball when Melo unloaded on him

Nope, you're wrong.

Watch it Misti's vid again and pause it at 16 seconds. It happened at the same time.

Furthermore, none of the players were going for the ball. Buckner went for the face, and Martin made sure he forearmed/elbowed Manu in his way down.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Buckner did hit the ball...but it was more of a closed fist tomahawk move...hard to say if the contact to Manu's face was the incidental contact or the contact on the ball was the incidental contact...but either way it was a hatchet move with a closed fist...when the league reviews tape they are apt to throw the bullshit flag on Buckner too...

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, his hand hit the ball on the way down from socking Manu in the face.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-01-2005, 01:31 PM
better yet, let him live in mediocrity

Well said.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Carmello was getting chippy with Bowen the entire fourth quarter. He threw a forearm into Bowen's chest (Bowen was whistled for a foul) and he elbowed Bowen to the ground after Bowen chopped the ball out of his hands and no foul was called. Bowen never reacted. Carmelo also tied up Brent Barry who ripped his arm out of Carmello's grasp. Carmello actually turned to look at the officials after missing an uncontested jumper, acting annoyed that they didn't bail him out.

whottt
05-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I think equlibrium is right, he nailed it...I think Karl told his team to plant Ginobili on his ass the next time he came into their lane. I don't really blame him for doing it because they can't stop Manu.

And these guys know how to give a hard foul, if one guy does it by himself there is a greater likelyhood he will get suspended...did he want them to make it obvious? No...but he wanted Manu knocked down and a to give a taste of what he is going to get next game, if he comes into the paint.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2005, 02:02 PM
http://academic.scranton.edu/student/DELTOROL2/Squirl.JPG

you would think Karl would figure out why that strategy has never worked...

ChumpDumper
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
It looks like Buckner hit the ball into Manu's face and Melo's shove made it worse than it could have been. Melo will get the worst of the punishment.

SpursChampsIII
05-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Those sorry MFs were trying to frustrate us by thugging us all night. That sorry piece of shit Carmelo should have to miss a game, and that whining bitch Karl needs to be fined for blasting the officiating. I don't know who I hate more, Buckner and his hacking no-balla ass, or that son of an unnamed goat Martin.

Sportcamper
05-01-2005, 02:58 PM
A Classic Manu Flop! :smokin

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Manu flop?.. haha.. now thats a guy that doesnt know what hes talking about. did you even watch the game, if not.. keep your yap shut.

dn0
05-01-2005, 03:20 PM
http://www.freakbsd.com/~fbladilo/nba/manu-punched.JPG

flop?

bonesinaz
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
A Classic Manu Flop! :smokin

At least I know you are being sarcastic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Denver's starting to play like Minnesota did a few years back when they too realized the series was over - cheap.

Sportcamper
05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.achievement.org/achievers/coo0/photos/coo0-016a.gif

When I played we drove the lane under control...Manu is constantly going Mach-5 with his hair on fire...I am convinced if Ginobili just ran basic drills weaving in and out of chairs he would fall down all by himself...

These players today wear those shorts that go down to their knees...NO BELT? Of course they are going to fall down when they drive to the hoop! :smokin

MadDog73
05-02-2005, 10:47 AM

When I played we drove the lane under control...Manu is constantly going Mach-5 with his hair on fire...I am convinced if Ginobili just ran basic drills weaving in and out of chairs he would fall down all by himself...

These players today wear those shorts that go down to their knees...NO BELT? Of course they are going to fall down when they drive to the hoop! :smokin

That's you SportsCamper? How old are you, 80?!? :angel

Sportcamper
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Young enough to kick your butt in a ˝ court game you whipper snapper!

nkdlunch
05-02-2005, 10:52 AM

I love those kneepads!!!! where can I get them? :lol

MadDog73
05-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Young enough to kick your butt in a ˝ court game you whipper snapper!

:lol No doubt! Seriously though, is that from the 1950's? 60's?

spursfaninla
05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
sportscamper, that was he-larious....

:rollin :rollin