PDA

View Full Version : Once again the NCAA gets it wrong

IcemanCometh
08-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Do these fucking jokers ever do anything right? Oh yeah they make a shit load of money off something they have absolutely nothing to do with. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1868537)

DuffMcCartney
08-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Man what a bunch of dumbasses. Should have just let him back in.

kewlkat00
08-26-2004, 10:30 PM
it really is ridiculous. i cant believe it. at usctrojans.com they have some good quotes, especially by coach carroll who seems quite upset.

oh well, the trojans will still win on saturday. fight on!

IcemanCometh
08-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Kori and iminlakerland are heartbroken

KoriEllis
08-26-2004, 11:57 PM
:flipoff the Trojans.

Guru of Nothing
08-27-2004, 12:15 AM
My opinion, if a team is willing to draft a guy, sign him up. I've long held the same opinion about high-schoolers in the NBA.

What's overlooked in this whole matter is the obviousness of the collusion between the NCAA and the NFL.

T Park Num 9
08-27-2004, 02:52 AM
A league can set whatever rules they want, so whining about teams should draft whoever they want is mute.

But when it comes to this??

Mike Williams shouldve been let back.

He paid back the agnt, went back to class, hes a great kid, and the NCAA gives ZERO reason as to why they wont let him back.

The NCAA is a total absolute ass clown of a joke.

iminlakerland
08-27-2004, 03:26 AM
:moon Take it bitches!

utsagolfpb
08-27-2004, 11:10 AM
The NCAA does rule with an Iron fist, not to confused with Morimoto the Iron Chef.

Mike Williams did get the shaft, but keep in mind, that if he had any inklings that this could go sour, he should have never taken an agent. You can enter the draft w/o one. Easy to say in hindsight of course, considering a Federal Judge ruled in his favor.

But it is not Mike Williams that suffers, it's USC and the game of college football itself.

USC will lose Leinhart's favorite target, and the game will lose another marketable athlete that the NCAA can't make more money off of.

The is really the best thing that could happen to Williams. With his draft status already slotted as Top 5 for 2004 or 2005. He does not risk injury, nor sliding down in the draft due to poor play.

He is ready for the NFL, (Very Cocky in Interviews), so don't weep for him. His life doesn't suck.

tlongII
08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Anything that gives the Beavers and Ducks a better shot in the Pac-10 is cool with me.

T Park Num 9
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Mike Williams should start calling Canadien football teams up.

Get used to similar speed of the game.

Keep in game shape.

Would be a good idea.

IcemanCometh
08-27-2004, 04:47 PM
CFL is a bad idea, too much risk of injury in the frozen tundra of those crappy fields they play on up north.

This decision will cost him millions, it can only hurt his draft position by not playing. Collusion by the NFL and the NCAA and only the fans and Mike Williams are hurt.

herbivorefemale
08-27-2004, 06:28 PM
the ncaa either has to be a hardass or be the institution with an easy heart of gold.

in this instance, you make exceptions, you pave the way for future exception demands.

T Park Num 9
08-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Your right Ice,

I just thought of it, because it would make him a quick buck, and keep him in game shape.

Canadien football is a risk, so I guess hes gonna sit and get fat like Maurice Clarett

Joe Chalupa
08-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm ready for college football!!

kewlkat00
08-27-2004, 11:35 PM
he is going to stay at sc this semester, attend classes, and work out with the weight trainer.

he is not maurice clarett. he is a huge competitor. and he definitely has something to prove after all of this. i expect him to come out even better.

and yes, i am ready for the college football season too. approximately 21 hours until kickoff...