PDA

View Full Version : Anybody making the trip to Houston?

DesignatedT
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Anyone going to the Spurs/Rockets game tomorrow? yes/no? im an idiot?

VBM
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Def. going to this game...Houston's the only team that has a smaller lineup than we do

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 12:33 AM
hmm nice to know we will have a good turnout lol.

well me and 3 others will be there. catch us on tv... or by the bar.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Me +3......we'll be screaming from the rafters! ;)

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Me +3......we'll be screaming from the rafters! ;)

:tu

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 01:23 AM
:tu

Eh, should've mentioned before that it's a double date--the guys are from SA and the girls are from houston, tho, so we'll still be louder when the chips are down!

Sisk
02-26-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm going with you T

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Eh, should've mentioned before that it's a double date--the guys are from SA and the girls are from houston, tho, so we'll still be louder when the chips are down!

thats cool. me and 3 others are driving down from college station (we are all spurs fans)

nice avatar :tu

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm going with you T

thanks for getting my back bro. word

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 01:33 AM
thats cool. me and 3 others are driving down from college station (we are all spurs fans)

nice avatar :tu

Really? We are too! Leaving tomorrow afternoon from Aggieland. You in school here or what?

Sisk
02-26-2010, 01:36 AM
What?! Another college station Spurs fan? That's shocking

Seems like it's all about the mavs/rockets

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 01:38 AM
What?! Another college station Spurs fan? That's shocking

Seems like it's all about the mavs/rockets

I know, all I ever see is mavs crap. I'm always rockin' my Manu jersey when I hit the Rec, though!

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Really? We are too! Leaving tomorrow afternoon from Aggieland. You in school here or what?

Yeah. We are leaving here tomorrow afternoon. We got a room a the Marriott though, so we don't have to worry about drinking and shit. Well be back before 1:00 for the t.u game though. Reed should be fun.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Yeah. We are leaving here tomorrow afternoon. We got a room a the Marriott though, so we don't have to worry about drinking and shit. Well be back before 1:00 for the t.u game though. Reed should be fun.

Damn, I wish I was going to that one! My gf made me choose--I went with the Spurs game since I got to see us BTHO baylor at Reed already. Plus, all four of us are in the Corps, so we're g2 crash at my buddies' place in Houston over the weekend to get some time off campus lol.

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Damn, I wish I was going to that one! My gf made me choose--I went with the Spurs game since I got to see us BTHO baylor at Reed already. Plus, all four of us are in the Corps, so we're g2 crash at my buddies' place in Houston over the weekend to get some time off campus lol.

Thats cool. Ive never been to the Toyota Center.. have you? We almost took down baylor last night also but we ran out of time.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Thats cool. Ive never been to the Toyota Center.. have you? We almost took down baylor last night also but we ran out of time.

Yeah, I really wanted the season sweep, but Baylor's pretty good, so a split's ok--we'll take 'em down in the tourney. Been to the Toyota Center once before (for a Rockets-Grizzlies game). It's ok, but the AT&T Center is way better (not that I'm biased or anything). This'll be my first Spurs road game, though. I'm pretty pumped (plus, it helps that I don't have class tomorrow lol).

This is awesome! Looks like we'll have a posse of Aggie Spurs fans (are there any better fans?) invading the Toyota Center--should be fun!

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Yep. Hopefully we can get the win.

do you post on texags? lol

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Yep. Hopefully we can get the win.

do you post on texags? lol

Hehe, you know I do? I was the one running the "Rodeo Road Trip" thread on the "Basketball Other" forum lol. My handle is tbirdspur2010.

Texags has been fun this week, what with baylor and t.u. on the docket lol.

VBM
02-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Thats cool. Ive never been to the Toyota Center..

There's some decent spots to pregame in the area...McCormick & Schmicks has a pretty cheap happy hour til 7, House of Blues (on Caroline/Polk intersection) is pretty solid...and also walking distance.

Got my Tony Parker finals jersey at the ready for this one...looking forward to the TP - Aaron Brooks track meet

LoneStarState'sPride
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
There's some decent spots to pregame in the area...McCormick & Schmicks has a pretty cheap happy hour til 7, House of Blues (on Caroline/Polk intersection) is pretty solid...and also walking distance.

Got my Tony Parker finals jersey at the ready for this one...looking forward to the TP - Aaron Brooks track meet

Good to hear! There's quite a few good pregame spots in H-town from what I've been hearing.

And Imma be rockin' my black Ginobili jersey-shirt along with my "4-time Champions" hat--I think I might be the lone black man in College Station who owns a Ginobili jersey lol. Gonna be a good time!
:flag:

Bulwark
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Just bought tickets. Will be there. I actually live in the Houston area but am originally from SA. Looking forward to it as well.

cheney212
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Just bought tickets. Will be there. I actually live in the Houston area but am originally from SA. Looking forward to it as well.

same here

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Hehe, you know I do? I was the one running the "Rodeo Road Trip" thread on the "Basketball Other" forum lol. My handle is tbirdspur2010.

Texags has been fun this week, what with baylor and t.u. on the docket lol.

haha yeah Texags is always crazy.

Im year 2011.

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Oh yeah? Ive also heard that the b.u.s or something is right across the street from toyota and might be a good place... i also saw a flying saucer in the area so that caught my attention.

VBM
02-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah? Ive also heard that the b.u.s or something is right across the street from toyota and might be a good place... i also saw a flying saucer in the area so that caught my attention.

All depends on when you get to downtown. If you park a little further from the stadium, you can pregame and then jump on the lightrail...it'll drop you off a block or two from Toyota Center. Not sure what B.U.S. is, but flying saucer is pretty solid (esp. if you're looking to grub as well).

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
All depends on when you get to downtown. If you park a little further from the stadium, you can pregame and then jump on the lightrail...it'll drop you off a block or two from Toyota Center. Not sure what B.U.S. is, but flying saucer is pretty solid (esp. if you're looking to grub as well).
Will the lightrail take you from the saucer? or where is that located at?

VBM
02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
There should be a stop close to it. The lightrail runs along Main St. (Saucer is on Main). Then you'd take the lightrail to the Bell stop I believe, and then it's a 3-4 block walk to Toyota Center.

Edit: If there isn't a Bell stop, it's the Polk stop...can't remember at the moment.

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 01:59 PM
There should be a stop close to it. The lightrail runs along Main St. (Saucer is on Main). Then you'd take the lightrail to the Bell stop I believe, and then it's a 3-4 block walk to Toyota Center.

Edit: If there isn't a Bell stop, it's the Polk stop...can't remember at the moment.

alright! thanks for the help!

spurs10
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
You guys let yourselves be heard in Houston tonight! Have a great time...GSG!!!

VBM
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
You guys let yourselves be heard in Houston tonight!

Just listen for the "NO MORE SMALL-BALL!" chant...

MaNu4Tres
02-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll be there 3 row behind the basket, perpendicular to Spurs bench.

02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
it is nice to see spurs fan in houston.i hope it is a tie,because i have family in both city.
GO ROCKETS/SPURS...........

Ditty
02-26-2010, 03:39 PM
i went to both games last year i was going to go to this game but i had no one to take me and i cant call in to work anymore maybe they will play in the playoffs and i can check them out

VBM
02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
there a tapas bar with a decent happy hour goin on right now. $30 sangria pitchers, $3 wells...polk/caroline intersection

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Just listen for the "NO MORE SMALL-BALL!" chant...

:lol Mainly because there's no chant that works with "Ian Mahinmi" in it...

Ditty
02-26-2010, 08:13 PM
looks like theres a good amount of spurs fans in the crowd tonight

are those the baseline bums in the back ha?

djohn2oo8
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
To the Spurs fans going to the game, hope you guys have a good time

MaNu4Tres
02-26-2010, 08:24 PM
To the Spurs fans going to the game, hope you guys have a good time

Always do.