PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur charged in sex trafficking case

panic giraffe
02-26-2010, 01:42 PM
would you have guessed Alvin Robertson?

if you did, then you guessed right..........

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Former_Spur_charged_in_sex_trafficking_case.html

DesignatedT
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
damn. those are some serious charges. he will be balling up the state penitentiary in no time.

iManu
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution, sexual assault of a child, and sexual performance of a child.

^^Almost had the Quadruple-double.

:hang

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh man... I knew it was Alvin before I even opened the thread :lol

I'm sure I'm not alone on this board when I say I've met the guy at a bar while he was engaged in some dodgy-ass business.

panic giraffe
02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
yea, and they can't find him. if he has any part of a soul left, he would do it an hero style.

i would stick behind any of the guys down the round, even if they murdered someone, bonner excluded, but these kind of charges, if true, are evil and should be punished accordingly.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Unsurprising. I recently caught a replay of the 1986 All-Star game, in which Alvin Robertson, of the then-lowly Spurs started in the West backcourt with Magic Johnson. If you think about it, you either have to have an extremely high profile as a player (i.e., a media icon) or be awfully good to be voted to start an All-Star Game. Playing for the Spurs back then wasn't exactly a high-profile gig, so the fans around the nation must have thought pretty highly of Alvin Robertson as a basketball player.

We obviously had little or no idea about Alvin Robertson as a human being.

wildbill2u
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
yea, and they can't find him. if he has any part of a soul left, he would do it an hero style.

i would stick behind any of the guys down the round, even if they murdered someone, bonner excluded, but these kind of charges, if true, are evil and should be punished accordingly.

Hey Mr. Giraffe, don't panic and stick your neck out.:lmao

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist)

baseline bum
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Fucking bitch. :pctoss

baseline bum
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
What the hell happened to this fucking asshole? When I first became a Spurs fan my dad and I used to talk to him before and after the games many many times and he was the nicest guy in the world. The bums loved this guy and he was always really cool to us. We all hated it at the time, but it's funny how well that trade of him for Terry Cummings worked out in the end, because he first seemed to start screwing up right before it.

The Truth #6
02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Unsurprising. I recently caught a replay of the 1986 All-Star game, in which Alvin Robertson, of the then-lowly Spurs started in the West backcourt with Magic Johnson. If you think about it, you either have to have an extremely high profile as a player (i.e., a media icon) or be awfully good to be voted to start an All-Star Game. Playing for the Spurs back then wasn't exactly a high-profile gig, so the fans around the nation must have thought pretty highly of Alvin Robertson as a basketball player.

We obviously had little or no idea about Alvin Robertson as a human being.

I remember reading somewhere that the FO stuffed the ballots to get Alvin on the all star list. Pat Riley hardly played him, which might have been in response to that.

Before General McDermott, the Spurs were always run by a bunch of used car salesmen, so that wouldn't surprise me.

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
The shit gets deeper with Alvin. Given his previous criminal history, this isn't a surprise Yet, this is as about as dispicable as it gets.

Damn shame for a former Spurs great. I believe he still holds NBA record for steals in a season.

I still maintain that before he ran afoul of the law, his contributions were such that I believe his number would've been retired by the franchise.

Of course, that was before all this. What happened to this guy? Gonna spend an eternity in the pokey and he damn well should.

Strange Botwin
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Do you guys think this will affect the Spurs' decision to retire his #21 jersey? Thoughts?

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Do you guys think this will affect the Spurs' decision to retire his #21 jersey? Thoughts?

The number will get retired, it simply have the name Duncan on the back.:king

TimDunkem
02-26-2010, 03:15 PM
:lol Good one.

HornetLoveJones
02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
that's despicable

hope he gets what he deserves

fusionjazzman72
02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Oh man... I knew it was Alvin before I even opened the thread :lol

I'm sure I'm not alone on this board when I say I've met the guy at a bar while he was engaged in some dodgy-ass business.

That's interesting I met him at a Karaoke Bar a couple of years ago called
Me and CA. Sad he was my childhood hero when he was the original #21.

baseline bum
02-26-2010, 03:17 PM
that's despicable

hope he gets what he deserves

Unless they can't find him because he's dead, that won't happen.

fusionjazzman72
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution, sexual assault of a child, and sexual performance of a child.

I thought that he got had a quadruple double and Jonny Moore came within one steal of a quadruple double in the 80's?

FromWayDowntown
I remember reading somewhere that the FO stuffed the ballots to get Alvin on the all star list. Pat Riley hardly played him, which might have been in response to that.

Before General McDermott, the Spurs were always run by a bunch of used car salesmen, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Might be true. In 1986, Alvin started and played 20 minutes -- there were 5 guys that played more (Riley's Lakers (Kareem, Magic, and Worthy), Ralph Sampson, and Ro Blackman of the hometown Mavericks).

The Truth #6

In the same way it affected Walter Berry's number getting retired. They misspelled Berry as "Johnson". Weird.

The Truth #6
02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Might be true. In 1986, Alvin started and played 20 minutes -- there were 5 guys that played more (Riley's Lakers (Kareem, Magic, and Worthy), Ralph Sampson, and Ro Blackman of the hometown Mavericks).

Interesting. That's more minutes than I thought he played. Good research.

fusionjazzman72
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
What the hell happened to this fucking asshole? When I first became a Spurs fan my dad and I used to talk to him before and after the games many many times and he was the nicest guy in the world. The bums loved this guy and he was always really cool to us. We all hated it at the time, but it's funny how well that trade of him for Terry Cummings worked out in the end, because he first seemed to start screwing up right before it.

Do you remember after the trade when Alvin came back w the Bucks and it was his first game against SA and him and Willie Anderson got into a tussle?

spursfaninla
02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
These charges are about as bad as can be.

But people should perhaps hold off throwing the guy under the bus until the guy is convicted...innocent until proven guilty anyone?

Nah, lets all just lynch him, that would be better?

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I thought that he got had a quadruple double and Jonny Moore came within one steal of a quadruple double in the 80's?

Robertson did get the legal, basketball version of the quadruple-double.

Alvin Robertson - 20 pts, 11 rebs, 10 ast, 10 stls
David Robinson - 34 pts, 10 rebs, 10 ast, 10 blks
Hakeen Olajuwon - 18 pts, 16 rebs, 10 ast, 16 blks
Nate Thurmond - 22 pts, 14 rebs, 13 ast, 12 blks

It turns out that Thurmond got his in overtime.

JR3
02-26-2010, 03:40 PM

yeah, if he had a chance before.. its gone now. Why would the spurs put someone's name in the rafter's who is in jail? You can have all the talent in the world but if you suck as a person? You suck all around in my book. I think the Spurs would take the same stance.

baseline bum
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Actually, I was one of the people who stuffed the ballot hardcore for Alvin in 1986. That year the ballots were punchable, so I'd take a knife, line them up, and do 20 at a time, and grab huge stacks of ballots before I left every game and turn them in when I got to the next one. The next season the NBA changed the ballots to be scratch-off so you couldn't do that anymore though. :lol

panic giraffe
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
yeah, if he had a chance before.. its gone now. Why would the spurs put someone's name in the rafter's who is in jail? You can have all the talent in the world but if you suck as a person? You suck all around in my book. I think the Spurs would take the same stance.

well that went over your head.

These charges are about as bad as can be.

But people should perhaps hold off throwing the guy under the bus until the guy is convicted...innocent until proven guilty anyone?

Nah, lets all just lynch him, that would be better?

like i said, IF the charges are true (highly likely given that it was a multi-agency thing, ICE, FBI, SAPD, etc) then he should just do himself a favor and find a nice quiet place to end it all....

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Dude went from being a theft artist on the basketball court to a criminal thief in real life.

himat
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Robertson did get the legal, basketball version of the quadruple-double.

Alvin Robertson - 20 pts, 11 rebs, 10 ast, 10 stls
David Robinson - 34 pts, 10 rebs, 10 ast, 10 blks
Hakeen Olajuwon - 18 pts, 16 rebs, 10 ast, 16 blks
Nate Thurmond - 22 pts, 14 rebs, 13 ast, 12 blks

It turns out that Thurmond got his in overtime.

Oscar Robertson never had one?

scottspurs
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I hate when I hear stories of guys throwing their lives away after their careers. Very sad.

AnthonyM
02-26-2010, 03:50 PM

The NBA didn't start recording blocks and steals until the 1973-74 season.

So he probably did, but not officially.

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 03:56 PM
That's interesting I met him at a Karaoke Bar a couple of years ago called
Me and CA. Sad he was my childhood hero when he was the original #21.

I met him at Oasis on Bitters around 2003-4. I was on a first date, and he tried to get my lady-friend to go home with him and his stripper-tastic blonde wife/gf. The date didn't really go that well in the aftermath, but at least she didn't take him up on it :lol

Told the story a few weeks ago and somebody claimed they saw him do the same thing at Baker Street Pub, I think they said.

gospursgojas
02-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Use to ball with his son a few yrs back...he was a thug too

AnthonyM
02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I met him at Oasis on Bitters around 2003-4. I was on a first date, and he tried to get my lady-friend to go home with him and his stripper-tastic blonde wife/gf. The date didn't really go that well in the aftermath, but at least she didn't take him up on it :lol

Told the story a few weeks ago and somebody claimed they saw him do the same thing at Baker Street Pub, I think they said.

Lol at a former NBA player trying to pick up chicks at Baker Street Pub...

Steve-O-Matic
02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
He's as guilty as sin, and a piece of human garbage.

lefty
02-26-2010, 03:59 PM

:lmao

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Lol at a former NBA player trying to pick up chicks at Baker Street Pub...

That's kinda what I thought, man :lol

I guess they ran him out of all the nice joints... or maybe he was getting out of that tittybar across the street.

EDIT--

For the record, the girl I was with that night wasn't anything special, so I'm guessing it's about quantity over quality with him.

AnthonyM
02-26-2010, 04:40 PM
That's kinda what I thought, man :lol

I guess they ran him out of all the nice joints... or maybe he was getting out of that tittybar across the street.

EDIT--

For the record, the girl I was with that night wasn't anything special, so I'm guessing it's about quantity over quality with him.

Haha, Tiffany's Cabaret? I've never been there but it doesn't look like anything special...

Libri
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I definitely remember Alvin playing with the Spurs.

He might be hiding in Mexico.

Ocotillo
02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
If I recall the all-star game correctly, Riles insisted on having him play point but he was strictly a 2 guard.

dbestpro
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Time for him to make his peace with God cause his time and usfulness on earth is near an end.

tlongII
02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Sad to hear. Alvin was a great player. It just goes to show you that you really don't know any of these guys.

Galileo
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
There is NO EVIDENCE presented in this article against Robertson. When the feds make wild accusations, they are ususally fictional or inflated.

As a worst case scenerio, Robertson screwed some young hooker and the feds have turned it into some moonbat conspiracy theory.

People are innocent unless proven guilty. In this case, there is not only no proof, there isn't any evidence. And if the feds force "confessions" for "evidence", that is bribery, not real evidence.

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
This isn't a court of law, it's a bulletin board. Of course he isn't guilty until he's proven so, but people can think whatever they want.

And a great big LOL at Galileo criticizing moonbat conspiracy theories.

Harry Callahan
02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I saw AR play back in the day in person a few times. He was a heck of a player. He was sent to MIL in the Terry Cummings deal in 1989, so he never got to play with David. Alvin had great ability - he was in the Akeem, Jordan, Perkins, Barkley draft and went 7th just behind those guys.
A sad situation (wasting his life), but he's had a ton of problems with the law in the last 15 years or so. He may never see the light of day the rest of his life if these charges are true and he's captured.

As a parent myself, I don't have any sympathy for him. He's ruined the lives of a lot of people with his actions through the years.

The Spurs have not had problem children like that in a long long time, and I'm so glad that is the case.

TheSullyMonster
02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
What the hell happened to this fucking asshole? When I first became a Spurs fan my dad and I used to talk to him before and after the games many many times and he was the nicest guy in the world. The bums loved this guy and he was always really cool to us..

Sadly, it's usually that way.

AnthonyM
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Low life Spur bastard. How could you guys root for someone like this.

I see what you did there.

Galileo
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
People who believe this shit outta be locked up. There is only one level of sub-human worse than child molestors; those that accuse others of being child molestors without proof.

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
People who believe this shit outta be locked up. There is only one level of sub-human worse than child molestors; those that accuse others of being child molestors without proof.

What about people who comment on other people who are accused of child-molestation by a coalition of third parties that would only make the accusation if they had proof that stood a legitimate chance of resulting in a conviction... are we so bad? :lol

exstatic
02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow. I thought Alvin's life was already in the toilet. I guess before, maybe he was clinging to the bowl. Now it's in the toilet.

As for jumping to conclusions. I'd be much more likely NOT TO if he didn't have the checkered history that he does.

mystargtr34
02-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Did you do anything about it?

Capt Bringdown
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
My father handled a personal injury case of former Spurs Kevin Restani many years ago. I don't know if it's changed, but I recall that in the financial disclosure process of the case, it was revealed that NBA players, once they've played a certain amount of years in NBA, get a pretty nice pension.

The point is, a player has to be pretty dumb to screw up his post-NBA life. On top of the huge salaries that they get during their playing days, they get a pension.

Innocent until proven guilty I agree, but it ain't looking to good for Alvin.

ezau
02-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Low life Spur bastard. How could you guys root for someone like this.

How can you root for Kobe?

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Did you do anything about it?

Nah, dude, I'm 5'10", 160 lbs... best I could do was roll my eyes and hope the girl didn't fall for it. She didn't.

She didn't fall for my bullshit either, though :lol

Dro210
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Use to ball with his son a few yrs back...he was a thug too

bullshit...

for those that pray, keep the Robertson family in your prayers

myhc
02-27-2010, 01:29 PM
There is NO EVIDENCE presented in this article against Robertson. When the feds make wild accusations, they are ususally fictional or inflated.

As a worst case scenerio, Robertson screwed some young hooker and the feds have turned it into some moonbat conspiracy theory.

People are innocent unless proven guilty. In this case, there is not only no proof, there isn't any evidence. And if the feds force "confessions" for "evidence", that is bribery, not real evidence.

LOL. So you condemn everyone for calling this lowlife scumbag wife beater guilty because they don't have all the facts while immediately jumping to your own conclusion that "anyone who belives this moonbat conspiracy theory should be locked up." I doubt you're privy to all the details of this case as well. This animal should've been locked up for years for the laundry list of crimes he's committed against women. I believe in innoncene until proven guilty but let's just say I won't be shocked if evidence does find him guilty.

Galileo
02-27-2010, 03:54 PM
What about people who comment on other people who are accused of child-molestation by a coalition of third parties that would only make the accusation if they had proof that stood a legitimate chance of resulting in a conviction... are we so bad? :lol

Youn are a tool of the mass media. Remember the bullshit that Calvin Murphy went through? AR probably banged an underage slut. Underage sluts are a lot more dangerous than AR.

NFGIII
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
This is unfortunate for AR but with his past it's hard to not judge him accordingly. I will wait for the trail and see what shakes out. But what is the old saying "You can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy" It is easy to be a nice person when everything is going your way but when it begins to hit the fan that's when your real character comes out.

Whether he is guilty or not remains to be seen but either way this doesn't bode well for AR. Too bad becasue I liked him as a player and that backcourt of Johnny Moore and AR was terrific. Both where such good defenders and could score, too.

Sounds like this guy needs alot of help but from what has been stated and looking back at his life I really don't think he wants any.

So Sad.

Maddog
02-27-2010, 07:31 PM
This is unfortunate for AR but with his past it's hard to not judge him accordingly. I will wait for the trail and see what shakes out. But what is the old saying "You can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy" It is easy to be a nice person when everything is going your way but when it begins to hit the fan that's when your real character comes out.

Whether he is guilty or not remains to be seen but either way this doesn't bode well for AR. Too bad becasue I liked him as a player and that backcourt of Johnny Moore and AR was terrific. Both where such good defenders and could score, too.

Sounds like this guy needs alot of help but from what has been stated and looking back at his life I really don't think he wants any.

So Sad.

A nice summation,
I remember the tiem before Johnny Morre went down with desert fever- he and AR where destroying backcourts. It was really intersting that a stroing defensive backcourt could cause so much havoc.
I've met Alvin on a couple of occaisions- I hope his involvement is more along the lines of associated with the wrong people- but I suspect not.

Biggems
02-27-2010, 07:38 PM
didnt all this crap start after he went to Milwaukee? did he have any off court issues while he was a Spur?

Biggems
02-27-2010, 07:39 PM
btw, Robertson is one of 3 players that tarnish the Silver and Black....Willie Anderson and Greg Anderson being the other two.

NFGIII
02-27-2010, 07:56 PM
btw, Robertson is one of 3 players that tarnish the Silver and Black....Willie Anderson and Greg Anderson being the other two.

I'd submit another player.

Drum roll please -

The one and only - dat dat dat da!!!!!!!!!!

Vernon Maxwll

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ex-Spurs_guards_lawyer_denies_sex_allegations.html

Ex-Spurs guard's lawyer denies sex allegations

By Guillermo Contreras - Express-News A lawyer for former Spurs guard Alvin Robertson said Saturday his client has been wrongly linked to a sex-trafficking ring in Bexar County because of his prominence on and off the basketball court.

“He's adamant that he's done nothing wrong,” said attorney Jimmy Parks Jr., who spoke with Robertson during his arrest Friday. “He's willing to get back to Bexar County as quick as he can to try to clear himself of these charges.”

Robertson was arrested in Bentonville, Ark., where he was to attend a basketball shooting clinic over the weekend.

He was one of seven people charged after a 14-year-old girl claimed she was kidnapped from an East Side home in March and forced to have sex with men for money in San Antonio and Corpus Christi.

The girl escaped about a week later from the Corpus Christi home of Leslie Campbell, flagged down police and told officers he'd forced her to have sex with him for a week and dance at a strip club there.

Bexar County sheriff's spokesman Ino Badillo said Friday that deputies later found the girl also had been taken to San Antonio to have sex with men for money. That opened a three-month investigation here.

Among the locations where she was reportedly taken was the San Antonio home of Marques A. Callaway, 35, an R&B performer. He's charged with helping kidnap the girl.

Campbell, 49, pleaded guilty this month to sexual assault of a minor in exchange for a five-year sentence, officials said.

Badillo said investigators believe Robertson had sex with the girl and was a “facilitator” in the ring. Deputies also arrested Robertson's girlfriend, Racquel McIntosh, 41, and three alleged “johns.”

Robertson played for the Spurs from 1984 to 1989 and was a four-time NBA All Star. He later played for three other teams, ending his NBA career in 1996.

“Because of his notoriety, it would seem curious to me, the first thing you gotta look for is if it wasn't just somebody trying to cut a deal and throwing his name out there,” Parks said. “Why wasn't he arrested at the inception?”

Robertson has been plagued with arrests that included charges of burglary and other crimes over disputes with women.

For instance, he spent a month in jail during the 1990 NBA off-season for beating his then-wife. His most recent arrest was in 2007.

Parks said the past could skew public perception of Robertson and make him a target for unfounded accusations.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Perhaps not coincidentally, SI pulls a 1986 Robertson article from its vault:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1064750/1/index.htm

exstatic
02-28-2010, 01:31 PM

The NBA didn't start recording blocks and steals until the 1973-74 season.

So he probably did, but not officially.

I'd submit another player.

Drum roll please -

The one and only - dat dat dat da!!!!!!!!!!

Vernon Maxwll
UF wasn't good to us, AT ALL. :lol SA drafted this headcase, and learned NOTHING, drafting his flaky, obnoxious, stupid team mate Schintzius two years later.

duncan228
03-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Ex-Spur Robertson to be extradited Friday (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ex-Spurs_guard_Robertson_to_be_extradited_Friday.html )
By Guillermo Contreras - Express-News

Former Spurs guard Alvin Robertson has waived extradition in a local sex-trafficking case, clearing the way for Bexar County deputies to return him from Arkansas as soon as Friday.

Robertson, 47, is charged in a case in which a 14-year-old runaway alleged she was kidnapped from in front of an East Side shelter, then forced to have sex with men for money in San Antonio and Corpus Christi, where she also danced at a strip club.

Six other people, including Robertson's girlfriend, are also charged.

In court documents, Robertson, who was with the Spurs from 1984-1989, is alleged to have ordered the teen to dress more revealing for a meeting with a “john,” and to have sexually molested her after she had sex with another man.

Robertson, through his lawyer Jimmy Parks Jr., denies the allegations.

“He's elected to waive extradition because it was the quickest way to get him back into the county of venue where we can get this case tried as quickly as possible,” Parks said. “He wants to urgently press for his vindication.”

Former Spur back in S.A. to face charges (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Former_Spur_back_in_San_Antonio_to_face_charges.ht ml)
By Valentino Lucio - Express-News

Alvin C. Robertson, a former Spurs guard, returned from Arkansas to San Antonio on Friday evening after being extradited in connection with a local sex-trafficking case, officials said.

Robertson, 47, arrived by plane around 6:30 p.m. and was taken directly to the Bexar County Central Magistrate to see a judge who would set his bail, officials said.

Robertson, who was a guard with the Spurs from 1984-1989, faces one count of sexual assault of a child. The charge stems from an incident last March in which a 14-year-old girl alleged she was kidnapped from a homeless shelter in the 400 block of North Hackberry Street, an arrest warrant affidavit says. Robertson and six other people, who also were charged in the incident, forced the teen to have sex with men for money in San Antonio and Corpus Christi, authorities said. The girl also alleges she was forced to dance at a strip club.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Robertson and his girlfriend told the teen to “change clothes into something more revealing” before they went to meet a person willing to pay for sex. On a separate occasion, Robertson sexually assaulted the girl while she was showering after a sexual encounter with a “john,” according to the affidavit.