PDA

View Full Version : Ideal standings for the Western playoffs?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Two Questions.

Q1.) We know the west is tough as nails, but which scenario would you pick for your team in terms of the teams they would face on the way to the finals?

A1) For the Nuggets, i think going vs the Thunder in rd 1 would be the best, then the Jazz in the second rd and the Spurs in the WCF.

Q2.) Which route to the finals would be the hardest for the Lakers?

A2) I think the Lakers would have a nightmare run if they faced a combo of Portland/Denver/Dallas (in no particular order)

badfish22
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't want OKC.

Amarelooms
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Spurs in the 1st round would be ideal....can coast to 4-1 series win and rest up for round 2 :elephant

phxspurfan
02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
1. Spurs
2. Spurs
3. Spurs
4. Knicks

redzero
02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Spurs in the 1st round would be ideal....can coast to 4-1 series win and rest up for round 2 :elephant

And the trolling on this board would be fantastic.

21_Blessings
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM
No one's touching LA in the West so it doesn't really matter.

badfish22
03-02-2010, 12:14 AM
If West playoffs started now: LAL-Port, Dal-SA, Den-OKC, Utah-PHX.

I wouldn't mind that. LA would probably sweep Portland, but OKC would give Denver a bit of a challenge.

bostonguy
03-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Jazz/Suns would be fun.

Mavs/Spurs would end in 5 games or less

JoeTait75
03-02-2010, 12:25 AM

Somehow playing both Dallas and Denver, but I doubt that's going to happen. I still like Denver to beat Los Angeles in a series. Dallas I'm not so sure about, but the depth of guys they have to throw at Kobe- Tuff Juice, Marion, DeShawn- and the presence of Haywood make them a huge challenge. I'm just feeling a little Missouri when it comes to Dallas playing L.A. in a series. Show me. From seeing last year's WCF I'm confident in Denver's chances. They were a couple of stupid mistakes from being in a position to win.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2010, 01:01 AM
1. LA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. Portland

This would be the most ideal scenario for me..switching Utah and Phoenix around would also be good..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Jazz/Suns would be fun.

The Suns better win that fuckin series, I'll be damned if Phoenix gets beat by a bunch of shitstained mormon fucks.

IronMexican
03-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Portland at 8 scares me a bit. I'd prefer SA.

Xylus
03-02-2010, 01:03 AM
1. LA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. Portland

This would be the most ideal scenario for me..switching Utah and Phoenix around would also be good..

LOL. If the Suns draw the Spurs in the 1st round, I'll seriously kill myself. I'd rather play the Lakers or Mavs.

tlongII
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
I would LOVE to play the Lakers in the 1st round!

DesignatedT
03-02-2010, 01:16 AM
1.Lakers
2.Mavs
3.Nuggets
4.Spurs
5.Jazz
6.Suns
7.Thunder
8.Portland

This is what im going to predict right now. I like the way the Spurs have been playing and think they will end up the 4. I also think Dallas holds on to that 2 seed. there schedule is pretty favorable in the near future.

DesignatedT
03-02-2010, 01:17 AM

i think thats pretty much a lock. i dont see you moving up or down from that 8 seed.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-02-2010, 06:01 AM

I too would love to see the Lakers sweep that Blazer ass right on out of the playoffs.

endrity
03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
1. LA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. San Antonio /Portland
7. OKC
8. Portland / SA

That's pretty much my dream scenario as well. I wouldn't mind Dallas playing OKC, we beat them twice this year with a much weaker team, and their only win was after the trade with the new guys not even practicing. With Damp/Haywood we have too much rebounding inside, we'll control the boards after the plethora of jumpers Durant will take. Neither does Phx in round 2, or maybe SA, scare me much. Lakers obviously, but also Denver and Utah are teams I would like to avoid, though surely we're gonna meet up with one of them most likely. In this scenario though it postpones a possible matchup until the WCF.

Most importantly it means that LA goes through the toughest possible schedule before they meet potentially Dallas in the WCF. Spurs or Blazers in round 1 is about as tough as you can draw for them, Denver in round 2, Dallas in the WCF. This is the best chance at knocking them.

Phillip
03-02-2010, 08:30 AM
1. LA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. Portland

LMAO second round sweep for the spurs... IF they get past Phoenix

urunobili
03-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Denver in the First Round, LA in the Second and Dallas in the WCF :toast

pauls931
03-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Not sure if we can make it work, but Spurs/suns in the first round obviously. They're pretty evenly matched this year unless Gentry manages the bench correctly then the Suns should be able to eek by.

Phillip
03-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Denver in the First Round, LA in the Second and Dallas in the WCF :toast
ass kicking

ass kicking

ass kicking

LOL@MavsFan
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM

4-1, bitches!:lol

LOL@MavsFan
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
The Suns better win that fuckin series, I'll be damned if Phoenix gets beat by a bunch of shitstained mormon fucks.

Better than a shitstained, dirty racist jewboy that loves the smell of his own farts

tlongII
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
i think thats pretty much a lock. i dont see you moving up or down from that 8 seed.

I disagree. We're only a half-game behind the Spurs and a game and a half behind OKC. We could easily move up a couple of spots.

Killakobe81
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Somehow playing both Dallas and Denver, but I doubt that's going to happen. I still like Denver to beat Los Angeles in a series. Dallas I'm not so sure about, but the depth of guys they have to throw at Kobe- Tuff Juice, Marion, DeShawn- and the presence of Haywood make them a huge challenge. I'm just feeling a little Missouri when it comes to Dallas playing L.A. in a series. Show me. From seeing last year's WCF I'm confident in Denver's chances. They were a couple of stupid mistakes from being in a position to win.

Joe are you serious?! Really ... i know they have talent but how do you feel more confident in Denver than Dallas?

Dallas has a better coach (x's and O;s) although i like Karl

A "smarter" though less talented offensively PG

Dirk this season has been more clutch than Melo ...

IDK all you guys getting a hardon for Denver ... the Lakers won the only time both teams were at relatively full strength dont get me wrong ...Denver is potenet offensively but not to be trusted they are thye Jailblazers of the 2000's remixed ALL talent but little brains ...

THEY WILL NOT WIN A TITLE as currently constituted ...

DAF86
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
1. LA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. Portland

Can that happen? shouldn't the first three seeds be the division leaders?

Killakobe81
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll take a slice of OKC or Portland the younger the better ...

I dont care who we face ...if we play right we will win the West ...

Dream matchups (as an NBA fan)

1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. Utah
5. Phoenix
6. OKC
7. San Antonio
8. Portland

Round 1
Kobe vs. Roy
Duncan vs. Dirk
Durant vs. melo
Dwill vs. Nash

Round 2
Utah vs. Lakers
Denver vs. Dallas

WCF
Lakers vs. Dallas/Denver My guess is Mavs make it ..which is great for me im living in Frisco, TX

Goran Dragic
03-02-2010, 11:35 AM
1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. OKC
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Spurs
8. Blazers

I want the Suns in the 3/6 2/7 part of the bracket, and of Utah/Dallas/Denver, they match up best with Denver.

in2deep
03-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd take the Suns, OKC or Nuggets in 1st round. I'd avoid Lakers, Dallas or Utah.

DAF86
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Not my ideal standings, just how I think they will end.

1-Lakers
2-Mavs
3-Nuggetts
4-Jazz
5-Suns
6-Spurs
7-Thunder
8-Blazers

Not all that bad for the Spurs if you ask me, out of the likely top 4 seeds Denver is the best possible scenario for the Spurs. The Lakers are clearly the best team of all those, Dallas has the matchup advantage over us and the Jazz swept the series against San Antonio this season.

Spurologist
03-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Two Questions.

Q1.) We know the west is tough as nails, but which scenario would you pick for your team in terms of the teams they would face on the way to the finals?

A1) For the Nuggets, i think going vs the Thunder in rd 1 would be the best, then the Jazz in the second rd and the Spurs in the WCF.

A2) I think the Lakers would have a nightmare run if they faced a combo of Portland/Denver/Dallas (in no particular order)

:lol You want the Thunder in the first round? Good luck.

tlongII
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Just continue your losing tradition and you'll get that assisted suicide you've been begging for.

Oh you don't want none of this. Trust me!

tlongII
03-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Not really. You are 3 behind in the loss section, although I expect the Spurs to go on a tough losing streak and barely make the playoffs having to face their Daddy's in the first round.

What do you mean "Not really"? Wins count too. Jesus, I get sick of you guys only looking at the loss column.

picc84
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Lakers
Mavs
Thuggets
Jazz
Thunder
Spurs
Suns
121-63