Xylus
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
The other night against Philly:

ZrhWW39P1nQ

And again against GW:

HmdtinDBib4

Xylus
02-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm just gonna make this the Official Goran Dragic Highlight Reel.

aM7BfwfPCMw

Xylus
02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
TrSZi0dzhLc

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Depending on how the season ends, it's ALMOST time to give Steve Kerr some credit. Antoni and Sarver had a lot more influence over the disastrous trades than Kerr did. Since Antoni left and Kerr truly became the GM he's done a lot of things right. The 2008 draft looked like an abortion after one year but it's beginning to look like Kerr got a very serviceable center and PG from it.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I love Kerr. I have loved him since Arizona and always rooted for the teams he was on when in the NBA. My issue with Kerr is that from day one he let himself become the fall-guy/puppet for Sarver. Stand up and let the prick know he's doing wrong. You, Kerr, have more clout and pull with the fanbase than Sarver, so it would put pressure on Sarver to not be a cheapass. If it costs you a crappy job where you look like a fool, so be it. You'll get a commentator gig very fast and will look that much better that you as a GM weren't willing to make franchise-harming moves just to keep your job.

I understand why he didn't do all this. However, I expected better and it is an insult to me for the "It's a business" card to be pulled. They demand loyalty from the fanbase, but don't return the favor?

I've been critical of Kerr for a number of reasons, including his drafts. I was high on them initially, but lost faith after their rookie years. Tucker was a fail, Lopez and Dragic are making Kerr look like a quality scout. It seems scheme and coaching was the major issue with all three, just in Tucker's case it was too late to overcome with Gentry.

Dragic looks good. Lopez looks improved. Each look to be key contributors to whatever future the Suns have. If Sarver starts to do right by the fans/team, then perhaps Kerr will get the recognition these drafts deserve. However, if Kerr keeps being the scapegoat for terrible front-office decisions, then he'll always be - and to some point, rightfully - thought ill of or his impact diminished.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-26-2010, 06:27 PM
When Tucker was drafted Antoni probably had more pull with the draft picks than Kerr did. It was unrealistic to expect an immediate contributor out of the 29th pick, but Kerr knew that Tucker was the only player available capable of cracking Antoni's rotation. All the other players would have taken time to develop, which would have required patience Antoni didn't have. You look at Lopez, Dragic and Clark, Kerr has no problem drafting players who need time and patience to develop, he just knew they weren't gonna develop under D'antoni.

I don't judge Kerr for any moves made prior to Antoni leaving. Antoni has freely admitted countless times HE wanted to make the Shaq trade and Kerr went along with it, yet Kerr still gets blamed for that (even though it wasn't really a bad trade but that's a different issue). Kurt Thomas trade was Sarver saying to Antoni we need to get under the luxury tax and Antoni responding with, "Then trade Kurt Thomas, I have no use for him in my system, and if you need to throw draft picks in that I wouldn't have used anyway."

Nash's extension is the one thing Kerr did that infuriates me, but I blame that more on retarded fans who refuse to let go of the Nash era who will only buy tickets if Nash is on the team. I think Kerr deep down knew that was moronic but he was pressured to do it so tickets would be sold.

He has the ability to be a great GM, but he'd rather be the fall man and scapegoat here and ruin any chance he'd have of every getting another GM position. If that's the route he wants to take then good for him.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Seems the Nash contract is supposed to be Sarver's act of returning "loyalty" to us fans?

Shit ... Kerr is smart. I don't know if it's UA ties to Sarver, actual friendship, or whatever, but I'm shocked that he's allowing his stature as GM to be undercut by this dumbshit, cheap-ass owner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I think it's the fact he was a minority owner (and I think still is) and all the stuff you mentioned. He wouldn't ruin his reputation for an owner he wasn't friends with prior to being hired.

pauls931
02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm going to have to change my underwear after watching that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Depending on how the season ends, it's ALMOST time to give Steve Kerr some credit. Antoni and Sarver had a lot more influence over the disastrous trades than Kerr did. Since Antoni left and Kerr truly became the GM he's done a lot of things right. The 2008 draft looked like an abortion after one year but it's beginning to look like Kerr got a very serviceable center and PG from it.

boston.balla
02-27-2010, 11:16 AM
imagine lebron learning that... makes you wonder how easy it would be for a guy that big and that fast..

pauls931
02-27-2010, 11:50 AM
imagine lebron learning that... makes you wonder how easy it would be for a guy that big and that fast..

Fuck LBJ, this is a Dragic thread!

duhoh
02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Fuck LBJ, this is a Dragic thread!

Werd.

:tu

Kamnik
02-27-2010, 12:44 PM
All I wish is he would ge constant 25-30 minutes a game...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 12:49 PM
All I wish is he would ge constant 25-30 minutes a game...

Selling tickets is more important so Nash playing tons of minutes so he can go 1-7 from the field is what will continue to happen. I'm not happy about it either.

pauls931
02-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Selling tickets is more important so Nash playing tons of minutes so he can go 1-7 from the field is what will continue to happen. I'm not happy about it either.

Stop yer Nash whining.... No reason for Dragic's minutes to be limitted by Nash, Gentry plays them both at the same time often these days. He's giving minutes to someone else. I've seen nights where both Nash and Dragic get 30 minutes often these days. Note that Grant Hill played 37 minutes last night, there's yer problem.

Muser
02-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Damn that Dragonshake is a thing of beauty.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Stop yer Nash whining.... No reason for Dragic's minutes to be limitted by Nash, Gentry plays them both at the same time often these days. He's giving minutes to someone else. I've seen nights where both Nash and Dragic get 30 minutes often these days. Note that Grant Hill played 37 minutes last night, there's yer problem.

While with Nash the minutes may not be limited (though I'd say they are somewhat inconsistent), Dragic as a PG is limited, because alongside Nash his role shifts from facilitator to sidekick. He may still get to run a few sets, but he seldom gets to run things when Nash is in.

The Suns desperately need to get their younger players both consistently increased minutes, but also more prominent roles... They are finally doing this with Dragic and Lopez, but Clark needs minutes. As you said Hill is that culprit. However, it's the notion that a healthy Nash makes Phoenix competitive that lends to the decisions that limit minutes and roles and stifles the growth of the young players. The notion is if the Suns are fighting for the immediate, then youthful mistakes are too costly.

pauls931
02-27-2010, 03:11 PM
While with Nash the minutes may not be limited (though I'd say they are somewhat inconsistent), Dragic as a PG is limited, because alongside Nash his role shifts from facilitator to sidekick. He may still get to run a few sets, but he seldom gets to run things when Nash is in.

The Suns desperately need to get their younger players both consistently increased minutes, but also more prominent roles... They are finally doing this with Dragic and Lopez, but Clark needs minutes. As you said Hill is that culprit. However, it's the notion that a healthy Nash makes Phoenix competitive that lends to the decisions that limit minutes and roles and stifles the growth of the young players. The notion is if the Suns are fighting for the immediate, then youthful mistakes are too costly.

As long as Dragic can consistently get 20+ minutes a game, I'm not worried. I'm just shocked that Hill logged so many minutes last night. He played a great game, but still he shouldn't be clearing 25 minutes a game, 30 tops.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I've seen nights where both Nash and Dragic get 30 minutes often these days.

That's happened once all year (and yes I checked) so Idk what you're talking about, it was the game Dragic dropped 30+ points. He shouldn't need to drop 30+ points to get 30 minutes. And as JMJ said, playing the role of spot up shooter who watches Nash dominate the ball does absolutely nothing to develop him as PG of the future.

Ghazi
02-27-2010, 03:50 PM
damn... dragonshake is sick!

TimDunkem
02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Ooh, I noticed he uses his left hand on the Dragonshake.

Dragic is a very skilled player!

DAF86
02-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Ooh, I noticed he uses his left hand on the Dragonshake.

Dragic is a very skilled player!

Isn't he a lefty?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Isn't he a lefty?

Yeah, and IMO that helps his game. That step back jumpers he's getting good at gets a lot of his defenders because they're not used to defending lefties.

DAF86
02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I hope he does well, I kinda like his game, reminds me a little of Manu.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I hope he does well, I kinda like his game, reminds me a little of Manu.

That step back top of the key jumper he takes is a lot like Manu IMO.

pauls931
02-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Ok, admit it. Who else besides me went outside and practiced that move yesterday?

Kamnik
02-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Ok, admit it. Who else besides me went outside and practiced that move yesterday?

I went to the nearby playground to shoot a bit but had to return home for a snow shovel :lol (1 hour of shoveling is a GOOD workout)

pauls931
02-28-2010, 07:51 AM
I went to the nearby playground to shoot a bit but had to return home for a snow shovel :lol (1 hour of shoveling is a GOOD workout)

I'm going to try it on monday with some guys at work I know one of the following will happen.

1. I plant the wrong foot and end up trapped under the hoop.
2. I spin the wrong way.
3. I stick out the ball in my left hand and it flies off.
4. I stick out the ball with my left hand and someone happens to be there and takes it.
5. I spin back around and the person guarding me is so slow they'll actually be in the spot to defend it.
6. I spin around and miss the shot.
7. I travel.

But fuck it, I'll take the risk to ruin someone's day. This shot is awesome because it doesn't take athleticism to pull off but will make people go DAMN!!!

Slo spurs fan
02-28-2010, 08:48 AM
streetball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KRkZkfN8UY)

TimDunkem
02-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm going to try it on monday with some guys at work I know one of the following will happen.

1. I plant the wrong foot and end up trapped under the hoop.
3. I stick out the ball in my left hand and it flies off.

lol I tried it yesterday, and did both of these things.

pauls931
02-28-2010, 01:17 PM
lol I tried it yesterday, and did both of these things.

I had the most trouble with planting the correct foot and remembering to spin the correct direction.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Rondo does it but not while going baseline, being a lefty myself im gonna give it a go on monday after practice

Xylus
04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
_L7NMdN6JZE

LEWjwwhZMI0

nkdlunch
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Goran for president!

badfish22
04-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Goran for president!

ruined.

Dex
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
That's a slick little move, and even a cerebral player would be very lucky not to follow his defensive instincts and bite on it.