PDA

View Full Version : FU Phil Jackson

The_Worlds_finest
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Jackson Calls Ilgauskas Situation 'Sham', 'Charades'

(this pussy ass bitch shouldnt bitch about any trade)

hil Jackson once again was critical of the NBA's loophole that allowed Cleveland to deal away Zyrunas Ilgauskas for Antawn Jamison.

"It's something that's going to have to be addressed in the next (collective bargaining agreement),'' Jackson said of the rule in its current form. "It's a sham of sorts to make that kind of trade. You're not really trading a player. You're just trading a money situation. It's a sham, and I think it's a disrespect for the league and the players to be involved in this type of a thing.''

Jackson had expressed disapproval last week about the deal, calling it a "weird situation.''

Jackson said perhaps the rule should be changed to make it a waiting period of multiple months before a player could return to the team that dealt him.

"You only have a rule about not being able to trade the player after you signed him in free agency until mid-December after you signed him in August,'' Jackson said of the rule that calls for a player signed as a free agent during the offseason not being eligible to be traded until Dec. 15 or 90 days, whichever is later. "Maybe something like that could be instituted where it's two or three months ... if it's the same team. Otherwise, it's just kind of charades.''

Via Fanhouse

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65019/20100226/jackson_calls_ilgauskas_situation_sham_charades/#ixzz0ggv93YIt

lefty
02-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Pauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

cobbler
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Pauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lakers gave up an expiring contract (Kwame actually played the rest of the year as well, Marc Gasol, Crittenton, 2 draft picks, and Mckie (to make money right).

Cav's gave up.... I'm thinking.... calculating... Ohhhhh that's right....

A pick and absolutely NOTHING else.

To suggest that they are even close to similar... is lunacy.

DJ Mbenga
02-26-2010, 08:05 PM
lakers traded kwame, marc, and 2 1st rounders.
cavs traded a first rounder straight up for jamison. they are not even close

Cane
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
This is why LA fans can't be taken seriously. Not only is Pau Gasol a much better player than Jamison but significantly younger - he's 33 and Pau was 27 at the time of that infamous trade.

But this is what Jackson does; just like Shaq the media is his playground. LA's probably been waiting for payback for all the heat they had on that infamous Pau trade and for getting swept by the Lebrons and for not being able to find a team willing to trade with 'em.

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Who gives a shit what Phil Jackson thinks? Big Z is going back to Cleveland.

cobbler
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Ohhh excuse me. I didn't realize a 33 year old all star was worth only a pick. My bad.

BlackSwordsMan
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6852/kobe1ib.gif

duhoh
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
phil should be the last person to say something. aaron mckie. . . .

stop using marc gasol. there was no guarantee that he was gonna be this good

Chieflion
02-26-2010, 08:21 PM
LOL Sign and Trade Aaron McKie. The Cavs never stooped that low.

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
The problem with that argument is that Aaron McKie never signed back with the Lakers, Ilgauskas will.

Scola
02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
This

This is why LA fans can't be taken seriously. Not only is Pau Gasol a much better player than Jamison but significantly younger - he's 33 and Pau was 27 at the time of that infamous trade.

Chieflion
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
The problem with that argument is that Aaron McKie never signed back with the Lakers, Ilgauskas will.

Well, the Lakers signed a player who would never play a single damn game to make salaries match, who is more low?

namlook
02-26-2010, 10:22 PM
The Lakers gave up a lot more for Gasol than the Cavs did for Jamison. A top 10 center, cap space to sign an all star in Randolph and two first round picks. Yet the Cavs get a 20/8 player for a low first round draft pick? Why is no one crying "conspiracy" here like people did with Gasol? Hypocritical.

mavsfan1000
02-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Fuck the lakers and I don't even have to have a reason. I just hate that team and its colors.

cobbler
02-26-2010, 11:02 PM
phil should be the last person to say something. aaron mckie. . . .

stop using marc gasol. there was no guarantee that he was gonna be this good

Well... he was good enough that the grizz dont do the deal without him and the lakers balked for awhile giving him up. Just because you cant project talent doesn't mean others cannot. Mckie was asked if he would want to give it a shot. He said yes and actually practiced with the team and wasnt cut for 3 months. Not even colse to the same scenario and you know it.

cobbler
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
LOL Sign and Trade Aaron McKie. The Cavs never stooped that low.

Correct...they went lower...:lol

cobbler
02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
well, the lakers signed a player who would never play a single damn game to make salaries match, who is more low?

you!

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, the Lakers signed a player who would never play a single damn game to make salaries match, who is more low?
I know, my post was a joke bro lol.

dude1394
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Wrong is wrong. The nba has no problem in not allowing a team to sign someone who they try to sign in the off-season but their team matches. Jackzen is right about this, it's bogus and should be stopped.

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Wrong is wrong. The nba has no problem in not allowing a team to sign someone who they try to sign in the off-season but their team matches. Jackzen is right about this, it's bogus and should be stopped.
Cavs used a loophole the CBA has long ignored. Every team had its fair share using these holes. I dont see the problem here especially when LA themselves benefited in a similar situation.

cobbler
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Cavs used a loophole the CBA has long ignored. Every team had its fair share using these holes. I dont see the problem here especially when LA themselves benefited in a similar situation.

Not even slightly close to similar.