02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Mo is on fire!

His playoff tears will extinguish the fire

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Leon Powe with 4 points in 16 minutes. It is a start!:hat

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Cavaliers win despite a couple of HORRIBLE calls at the end of regulation.

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:22 PM
His playoff tears will extinguish the fire

If he somehow manages to show up in the postseason, you can forget it. If Mo is hitting and everyone else is at full strength, this team is truly unbeatable.

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
If he somehow manages to show up in the postseason, you can forget it. If Mo is hitting and everyone else is at full strength, this team is truly unbeatable.

You think they can go 16-0 or make a dominant run like the 2001 Lakers did? Honestly, I don't see them facing any adversity in the playoffs if they are healthy. Unbeatable is the right word.

lefty
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Cavaliers win despite a couple of HORRIBLE calls at the end of regulation.
Well, one non-call was good (the one where LBJ was complainong for nothing after Antoine Antoine Wright gave him a free ticket to basket)

But there was a bad call that sent Jarett Jack to the line; that wasn't a foul

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
You think they can go 16-0 or make a dominant run like the 2001 Lakers did?

No, I don't think they're THAT good. Remember, that '01 Lakers team already had a title under its belt, which was a factor in their run. They had that championship experience.

Just saying that Mo is the x-factor and when he's on- and obviously, there's no guarantee whatsoever he will be in the postseason- I just don't see how this team can be beaten by anyone in a series.

lefty
02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
You think they can go 16-0 or make a dominant run like the 2001 Lakers did? Honestly, I don't see them facing any adversity in the playoffs if they are healthy. Unbeatable is the right word.
They won't win the title with Mike Brown as a coach

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, one non-call was good (the one where LBJ was complainong for nothing after Antoine Antoine Wright gave him a free ticket to basket)

But there was a bad call that sent Jarett Jack to the line; that wasn't a foul

The continuation on the foul by Mo Williams on the screen-set by Reggie Evans was ridiculous. That was the other one.

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:29 PM
They won't win the title with Mike Brown as a coach

If Doc Rivers can coach a team to a title, I don't see why Mike Brown can't.

lefty
02-26-2010, 10:30 PM
The continuation on the foul by Mo Williams on the screen-set by Reggie Evans was ridiculous. That was the other one.
Ah ok; I agree on that one

lefty
02-26-2010, 10:32 PM
If Doc Rivers can coach a team to a title, I don't see why Mike Brown can't.
I think Doc Rivers is better at in-game adjustments

We have seen Brwon going Awol during last year's ECF; remember that time out where Brown looked lost while his assistants were doing all the work?

Although right now, Popovich might be the worst coach in the NBA :lol

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
No, I don't think they're THAT good. Remember, that '01 Lakers team already had a title under its belt, which was a factor in their run. They had that championship experience.

Just saying that Mo is the x-factor and when he's on- and obviously, there's no guarantee whatsoever he will be in the postseason- I just don't see how this team can be beaten by anyone in a series.

So you are telling me if the even if the lakers brought their A game like the Cavs, the Cavs would win?

Dawg I don't know if I agree with that. I hate saying this, but when the Lakers bring their A game, I don't see anyone topping that because they do have the most talented team in the league. Luckily it won't come down to that cuz the Cavs D won't allow their A game to be brought on a consistent basis.

JoeTait75
02-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Dawg I don't know if I agree with that. I hate saying this, but when the Lakers bring their A game, I don't see anyone topping that because they do have the most talented team in the league.

I'll put ours against theirs, full strength on each side, any time, anywhere, any day.

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I'll put ours against theirs, full strength on each side, any time, anywhere, any day.

I know you are confident and you should be but that is not how you are gonna beat LA and you know it. You won't beat LA if you let them do anything they want to you. Lakers are more talented and that says a lot. If both bring their best games, Lakers talent gets them by. If you want to beat LA, you have to limit them on offense consistently. I know dawg. My team did it to them in 2008. They didn't beat LA by playing shootout ball with them. They limited them. That is what the Cavs are going to have to do and you know it. :toast

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 11:30 PM
So you are telling me if the even if the lakers brought their A game like the Cavs, the Cavs would win?

Dawg I don't know if I agree with that. I hate saying this, but when the Lakers bring their A game, I don't see anyone topping that because they do have the most talented team in the league. Luckily it won't come down to that cuz the Cavs D won't allow their A game to be brought on a consistent basis.
Dawgm its all about mismatch.

Cavs can beat the Lakers if both teams bring their A game. The Cavs are such a physical and imposing team. I think Gasol and company would have a problem from an offensive standpoint. Also, Lebron's A game easily brings a lot more to the table than Kobe's A game.

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
I know you are confident and you should be but that is not how you are gonna beat LA and you know it. You won't beat LA if you let them do anything they want to you. Lakers are more talented and that says a lot. If both bring their best games, Lakers talent gets them by. If you want to beat LA, you have to limit them on offense consistently. I know dawg. My team did it to them in 2008. They didn't beat LA by playing shootout ball with them. They limited them. That is what the Cavs are going to have to do and you know it. :toast
Chemistry>Talent though. Also, owner of the HCA will determine the winner of the series. Cavs in full strength will beat the Lakers in 6. Im not a big fan of the Lakers mindset when it comes to facing physical teams with great shooters. And Cavs has those qualities.

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Dawgm its all about mismatch.

Cavs can beat the Lakers if both teams bring their A game. The Cavs are such a physical and imposing team. I think Gasol and company would have a problem from an offensive standpoint. Also, Lebron's A game easily brings a lot more to the table than Kobe's A game.

If Gasol and company have problems, then it means the cavs are limiting the Lakers on offense.

I am saying you aren't going to beat LA if it strictly comes down to a shootout. That isn't how Boston did it in 2008. That won't be how the Cavs will do it in June. What the Cavs O does to the Lakers D is one thing but how the Cavs D limits the Lakers O will be what tips the scales.

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Chemistry>Talent though. Also, owner of the HCA will determine the winner of the series. Cavs in full strength will beat the Lakers in 6. Im not a big fan of the Lakers mindset when it comes to facing physical teams with great shooters. And Cavs has those qualities.

Again, HCA is being overrated. The better team wins. To say "We lost because we didn't have HCA" is nothing but a puss out. HCA helps if their is a 7th game but comon, it only does so much. It comes down to execution. If you can't execute in a hostile environment, you simply aren't the best.

ChrisRichards
02-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Again, HCA is being overrated. The better team wins. To say "We lost because we didn't have HCA" is nothing but a puss out. HCA helps if their is a 7th game but comon, it only does so much. It comes down to execution. If you can't execute in a hostile environment, you simply aren't the best.
Im not saying HCA is the deal breaker, but it does play a large role. Execution can only go so far. In this league, its been proven that the team with HCA majority of the time receives the benefit of a doubt. Home cooking calls are there for a reason. No surprise, 80% of NBA champions had HCA.

bostonguy
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Im not saying HCA is the deal breaker, but it does play a large role. Execution can only go so far. In this league, its been proven that the team with HCA majority of the time receives the benefit of a doubt. Home cooking calls are there for a reason. No surprise, 80% of NBA champions had HCA.

Fair enough.