PDA

View Full Version : Scola Thread!

Phenomanul
02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I think it's safe to assume that the Scola transaction will go down as the Spurs worse FO gaffe ever...

The jury is still out on the Jefferson gamble...

:bang :pctoss

DynastyBuilder
02-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Ibtl

ace3g
02-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I wish he was a unrestricted FA this summer but he is restricted, but still would like the Spurs to sign him to an offer sheet if possible

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-26-2010, 10:45 PM
can anyone explain exactly how we lost scola? i dont know the story

ace3g
02-26-2010, 10:47 PM
by the way that up and under move by Scola is why I knew he was going to be a good player, he did that over and over against team usa int he World Championships 2002

Sigz
02-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Fucking Spurs FO.

ace3g
02-26-2010, 10:53 PM
30 pts, 13 boards, yeah he sucks??

It would be funny if the Spurs some how got both Splitter and Scola this summer

Sigz
02-26-2010, 10:53 PM

Spurs FO fucking sucks. We'd give a max contract to Bogans before we did that.

ace3g
02-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I wish he wasn't a restricted FA

ElNono
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Where's whottt now?

ElNono
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
And really, RC should get credit for the good moves the FO did over the years, but he's also to blame for that weak move.

Budkin
02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Scola loves to punish us! He wanted to play with Manu and Fab and we dropped the fucking ball.

Refocus
02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
:deadhorse

Ditty
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
yah as much as i hate scola today for flopping so much tonight hes like manu u just hate him when he is on the rockets but would love him if he was on the spurs

Hemotivo
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM

:rolleyes

Scola
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes.

alchemist
02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
yah as much as i hate scola today for flopping so much tonight hes like manu u just hate him when he is on the rockets but would love him if he was on the spurs
he switches his jersey to a Spurs one and those calls go away :depressed

DaDakota
02-26-2010, 11:30 PM
We appreciate him every single game.

DD

The Franchise
02-27-2010, 01:31 AM

Doubtful. Morey has already said he plans to resign Scola, and Luis has already said he loves Houston and would hate to leave. He also added that his family loves the city as well, and now consider it home. Besides, if Yao comes back healthy next year, this team is going to be really dangerous.

birdy219
02-27-2010, 02:29 AM
SCOLA!!! :depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
02-27-2010, 05:27 AM
I think it's safe to assume that the Scola transaction will go down as the Spurs worse FO gaffe ever...

Incorrect. Letting Stephen Jackson go because the FO underestimated the market and his value is numero uno gaffe in spurs championship run history.

objective
02-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Scola to RC and all the SpursTalk haters who believed every piece of anti-Scola propaganda:

Tell me how my culo taste!

Grundle
02-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Scola to RC and all the SpursTalk haters who believed every piece of anti-Scola propaganda:

That's too funny! :rollin

But seriously, it probably tastes like sucking on a penny. Sweaty and metallic.

urunobili
02-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Where's whottt now?

he is posting daily... under one of his trolls... :wakeup

Xevious
02-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Besides, if Yao comes back healthy next year...
:lol

Ocotillo
02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank God we unloaded that Jackie Butler contract with the Scola deal so we had money to trade for Jefferson.

easy7
02-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, at least we have Bonner who was a proven player from the NBA who can spread the floor and not some unproven in the NBA, foreign player who would get into Duncan's way. :depressed

Ariel
02-27-2010, 10:05 AM
As the Spurs window of opportunity is as good as gone, it's not what Scola does from now what hurts, but what he could have done for us for the past 4/5 seasons. Those were the wasted years, where a relatively small investment could have paid huge dividends. Now it's too late. :depressed

alchemist
02-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, at least we have Bonner who was a proven player from the NBA who can spread the floor and not some unproven in the NBA, foreign player who would get into Duncan's way. :depressed
Scola was about $$$ not that bullshit smokescreen.

TMTTRIO
02-27-2010, 12:31 PM
funny Manu got him to get a twitter account and this is the latest from it :(.

@rita202109 thanks, i would love to play there too, so bad it didnt work out ,but they still my fav team...after the Rockets of course

elbamba
02-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I used to not care too much because the Spurs won in 2007. However, I now think the Spurs would have won either in 2006 or 2008 with Scola. We will never know. I can't complain though, 4 championships is more than any Spurs fan could have hoped for after the mid 90s seemed to rob us of all hope.

TD 21
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I hope that Scola hits the Spurs up for 30/15 every time he plays them; they deserve it. Then again, almost every half decent or better PF in the league destroys the Spurs. They make Aldridge look like an All-NBA player.

WalterBenitez
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Oh man ... that is a sad story ... :bang, but it is version of Barbosa's one. so sad :bang

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh man ... that is a sad story ... :bang, but it is version of Barbosa's one. so sad :bang

It's pretty sad that the ONE time Holt is willing to spend Pop/Buford waste it on Jefferson/Dice.

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
scolas gonna earn a nice contract this offseason.

kuato
02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
by the way that up and under move by Scola is why I knew he was going to be a good player, he did that over and over against team usa int he World Championships 2002

It's just Basketball, Manu said, i don't know what the hell was Spurs management looking at when they decided not to get Scola, he was a tremendous player on Europe, the Argentina NT and on every team he played for in his life, just like Manu but without injuries.

PDXSpursFan
02-27-2010, 07:00 PM

The jury is still out on the Jefferson gamble...

:bang :pctoss

Scola would struggling in the Spurs System just like Jefferson is.

timtonymanu
02-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I wasnt around this board when Scola was traded.

Why was he traded? Saving money? Pop said he doesnt shoot 3's?

taps
02-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Letting Stephen Jackson go because the FO underestimated the market and his value is numero uno gaffe in spurs championship run history.

Agreed. it was like holt/rc were didn't want to look stupid about the 'never go over the tax' comment during the 03 run.

in no particular order: s jackson, scola, barbosa, splitter, jhoward. anybody else? marc gasol?

ploto
02-27-2010, 07:48 PM
But Scola can't rebound! :lol

DAF86
02-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Scola can't make three pointerrrs, you all know TD can't play with a bigman that can't make three pointerrrs.

Nathan Explosion
02-27-2010, 09:22 PM
For the last time, Barbosa was never ours. He was the Suns pick in a draft day deal. Repeat, and in all caps: THE SPURS PICKED BARBOSA BECAUSE THE SUNS TOLD THEM TO.

As for Scola, if I recall correctly, he wanted a 7 figure deal before he would sign with the Spurs. The Spurs wanted him to work on a contract like Gino, aka the best Argentine player, did.

Scola was about the money, money the Spurs didn't want to spend at the time.

Nathan Explosion
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
As for Jackson, it was SJax that read the market wrong, not the Spurs. The Spurs offered him a deal that they thought was fair (as the story goes). Jack wanted more money, but no one was offering. The Spurs were not about to bid against themselves like the Wizards did with Arenas.

FeZZy
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Spurs FO fuck ups:

Scola trade
Barbosa trade
Passing up Josh Howard
Passing up David Lee

anyone wanna add anything

MmP
02-27-2010, 09:57 PM
What was really sad was that half of the board was saying that Scola sucked. Even when he was starting to play good in Houston some of this board kept saying that Scola was awful. Now they don't even show here. And Im not even saying that I was right or anything cause I don't care. Most of us the only thing we were stating was that he was a pretty good player. I'd saw Scola play for many years and it was enough to see that the guy had a great potential to play. His only flaw was his height which was supplied with extreme fundamentals and footwork. Plus he's a smart player (not so rare for an argentine player).

Now he's not here, let's move on cause there's not much we can do about it. Whining will not bring him back. Let's keep trying to improve.

Johnny RIngo
02-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Spurs FO fuck ups:

Scola trade
Barbosa trade
Passing up Josh Howard
Passing up David Lee

IMO, you can't really fault a team for draft picks in the late first round. It's hard to determine a player's worth when they fall that low. I agree about the Scola trade being absolutely retarded but faulting the team for not having hindsight when it comes to the draft is reaching. That's like saying the Spurs should have used their 2nd round pick, two years ago, on Marc Gasol instead of Marcus Williams. You're basically rolling the dice with picks that low.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank you Nathan Explosion, fuck all of you other nincum fuckin poops

LakerHater
02-27-2010, 10:21 PM
As for Scola, if I recall correctly, he wanted a 7 figure deal before he would sign with the Spurs. The Spurs wanted him to work on a contract like Gino, aka the best Argentine player, did.

Yeah, I think also the Spurs had to buy out like half of his Europe contract... or something like that... the Spurs didn't wanna!

sandman
02-27-2010, 11:53 PM
So pathetic the way some of you rub one out every time Scola has a good game against the Spurs. I guess the 0 pts and 3 rebs against Orlando in the game before and the 10 pts and 3 rebs against Utah in the game after were really the flukes. It was only the third time all season that he has scored over 25 points in a game and his highest rebound total in over 5 weeks.

Seriously, if you want to get all pissed off because he plays well against the Spurs, fine. But stop the keyboard chode load about how awesome he is. Because he is not. Awesome power forwards do not average only 7 rebounds a game for almost half the season.

ploto
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM

Spurs paid Bonner more that summer than it cost Houston to sign Scola.

it's me
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM
sandman = whott

ploto
02-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Awesome power forwards do not average only 7 rebounds a game for almost half the season.

He is paid quite a bit less than McDyess and 6 of his Rockets teammates make more than him. He is a great deal for his contract.

ChumpDumper
02-28-2010, 12:07 AM
The Scola deal was about money.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

sandman
02-28-2010, 12:18 AM
sandman = whott

Nope. Been posting here for over 4.5 years. I've had a few beers over Spurs games with other fans here in Houston. I just get plenty enough exposure to Scola living in this town to know that he is not the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ of the Spurs that some of you think he is.

sandman
02-28-2010, 12:26 AM
He is paid quite a bit less than McDyess and 6 of his Rockets teammates make more than him. He is a great deal for his contract.

Wait a minute. The argument is not about how great a deal his contract is.

It is about how if we had Scola the Spurs would be winners and the 5th ring would be all but a mortal lock.

So how is a PF playing over 30 minutes per game, getting just 7 rebounds a game, while leading his team to a 9-16 mark and out of the playoffs since January 1st going to fulfill these types of heady expectations?

What is that? Maybe the argument SHOULD be that he is a great deal for the money and the Spurs should never have let him go, instead of this inane drivel that he, and he alone in all of his awesomeness and might and power and glory and flowing mane, would have been the answer to the Spurs working on their 4-peat instead of battling for a 7th seed.

objective
02-28-2010, 01:20 AM
who is getting 7 rebounds a game?

Phenomanul
02-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Scola might not have been a "saviour" but consider this:

His chemistry with Manu would have been off the charts...

His contract was worth Bonner money...

Last but not least, Scola seems to be Kryptonite to Lamar Odom, a guy who has given the Spurs fits over the past few years... He was part of the reason why Houston took the Lakers to 7 games last season...

Rick Von Braun
02-28-2010, 01:50 AM
So pathetic the way some of you rub one out every time Scola has a good game against the Spurs. I guess the 0 pts and 3 rebs against Orlando in the game before and the 10 pts and 3 rebs against Utah in the game after were really the flukes. It was only the third time all season that he has scored over 25 points in a game and his highest rebound total in over 5 weeks.

Seriously, if you want to get all pissed off because he plays well against the Spurs, fine. But stop the keyboard chode load about how awesome he is. Because he is not. Awesome power forwards do not average only 7 rebounds a game for almost half the season.

I am sorry, but you are bleeding badly here:

SCOLA:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
09-10 HOU 58 58 30.2 0.511 0.333 0.765 2.0 6.4 8.3 1.9 0.7 0.3 1.9 2.8 14.7
Career 221 178 28.2 0.520 0.111 0.727 2.2 5.6 7.8 1.5 0.8 0.2 1.5 3.0 12.4

The FUBAR is so obvious that there are no reasonable arguments at this point. The trade was a bad business decision then (since the perceived value of the trade was horribly skewed towards Houston), and over time it was PROVED that this was also a pretty bad basketball decision as well.

Scola would have been a tremendous asset for the Spurs for the last 3 years. This is absolutely undeniable.

Sean Cagney
02-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Spurs FO fuck ups:

Scola trade
Barbosa trade
Passing up Josh Howard
Passing up David Lee

Yes I will add, Gino when nobody wanted him in what year? Pick what? Parker late in what year? What pick? George Hill outta nowhere who is a stud! Blair who is a player in this league already at what pick? Fans always look at a negative or two, but seriously all teams have those! You guys don't want to mention the good though, just the bad!

taps
02-28-2010, 02:29 AM
That's like saying the Spurs should have used their 2nd round pick, two years ago, on Marc Gasol instead of Marcus Williams..

Yeah spurs scout Matt bonner's younger brother not pao's.

ChumpDumper
02-28-2010, 03:37 AM
The trade was a bad business decision then Untrue.

DAF86
02-28-2010, 03:53 AM

You may wanna check your facts before talking such a big game and making a fool out of yourself.

Nathan Explosion
02-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Spurs paid Bonner more that summer than it cost Houston to sign Scola.

You have the buyout of Scola's contract. That was half. Then you'd have to pay him his 7 figure contract. It actually costs more to get Scola than Bonner.

By next year Blair may make the Scola thing a moot point with his play. You all are complaining that we're too undersized as is. Scola would have added to the problem in that regard.

sandman
02-28-2010, 04:40 PM
You may wanna check your facts before talking such a big game and making a fool out of yourself.

Which facts did I get wrong?

That he has a total of 10 points and 6 rebounds total against Orlando and Utah, which were the games sandwiched around the Spurs game?

That is was the only the third time all season that he scored 25 points?

1/18 against MIL: 27
2/20 against IND: 25
2/26 against SAS: 30

That is was his highest rebound total in over 5 weeks?

1/18 against MIL: 15 rebounds

That he has averaged only 7 rebounds a game for almost half the season?

He has had only 6 double digit rebounds in his last 25 games (58 played). January he averaged 7.4 per game. February he averaged 7.1 per game. So I rounded down. You can call it 7.25 if it makes you feel better.

That his FG% hasn't decreased every month of the season?

November - .532
December - .517
January - .511
February - .487

If you want to opinion and speculate on what his statistics and impact would be with the Spurs and disagree with my opinions and speculations, then have at it. But I'm not seeing where any stats I presented were a complete injustice of the truth.

DAF86
02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Which facts did I get wrong?

That he has a total of 10 points and 6 rebounds total against Orlando and Utah, which were the games sandwiched around the Spurs game?

That is was the only the third time all season that he scored 25 points?

1/18 against MIL: 27
2/20 against IND: 25
2/26 against SAS: 30

That is was his highest rebound total in over 5 weeks?

1/18 against MIL: 15 rebounds

That he has averaged only 7 rebounds a game for almost half the season?

He has had only 6 double digit rebounds in his last 25 games (58 played). January he averaged 7.4 per game. February he averaged 7.1 per game. So I rounded down. You can call it 7.25 if it makes you feel better.

That his FG% hasn't decreased every month of the season?

November - .532
December - .517
January - .511
February - .487

If you want to opinion and speculate on what his statistics and impact would be with the Spurs and disagree with my opinions and speculations, then have at it. But I'm not seeing where any stats I presented were a complete injustice of the truth.

8.3 isn't the same as 7, and no matter the stats Scola would be the second best bigman by far on the Spurs. He may even prevent Pop from playing small-ball so much.

sandman
02-28-2010, 07:52 PM
8.3 isn't the same as 7, and no matter the stats Scola would be the second best bigman by far on the Spurs. He may even prevent Pop from playing small-ball so much.

You are right, 8.3 on a season average is not the same as 7 over the last two months.

But that is where stats can hide a declining impact. I decided to look at the whole season and here are some very telling signs:

In his first 25 games, he averaged 10 rebounds a game and had 15 double digit rebounding games.

In his next 33 games, he averaged 7 rebounds a game and had only 8 double digit games. But he also had 11 games where he had 5 rebounds or less.

If you take out his monster games against Indiana and San Antonio, which were his best scoring and rebounding outputs in 5 weeks, and he has averaged 9.7 points and 5.8 rebounds in his last 10 games.

Jefferson averages only 12 ppg in 31 minutes as a SF and people here want to crucify him. Scola is averaging for the better part of the season only 7 rpg in 31 minutes as a PF on a mediocre team where he has the opportunity to be the go-to guy, yet he is the Messiah for the Spurs.

Speculate all you want about how many repeats the Spurs would be defending if Scola was in the Black and Silver. It won't change the fact that he is struggling right now with the Rockets.

Indazone
02-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Scola Duncan would have been an awesome frontcourt. Nearly as good as Yao/Scola will be next year :lol

Indazone
02-28-2010, 10:28 PM
You are right, 8.3 on a season average is not the same as 7 over the last two months.

But that is where stats can hide a declining impact. I decided to look at the whole season and here are some very telling signs:

In his first 25 games, he averaged 10 rebounds a game and had 15 double digit rebounding games.

In his next 33 games, he averaged 7 rebounds a game and had only 8 double digit games. But he also had 11 games where he had 5 rebounds or less.

If you take out his monster games against Indiana and San Antonio, which were his best scoring and rebounding outputs in 5 weeks, and he has averaged 9.7 points and 5.8 rebounds in his last 10 games.

Jefferson averages only 12 ppg in 31 minutes as a SF and people here want to crucify him. Scola is averaging for the better part of the season only 7 rpg in 31 minutes as a PF on a mediocre team where he has the opportunity to be the go-to guy, yet he is the Messiah for the Spurs.

Speculate all you want about how many repeats the Spurs would be defending if Scola was in the Black and Silver. It won't change the fact that he is struggling right now with the Rockets.

He ain't struggling. He was splitting minutes with Landry. Now that Landry's gone, you'll see his point and rebounding statistics go up.

lennyalderette
02-28-2010, 10:38 PM
if we got scola ginobili will def stay here!! that would be awesome.. you know they would work great together

lennyalderette
02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
what happend to landry????????????

Indazone
03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
what happend to landry????????????

Rockets blockbuster trade with Knicks and Kings

Rockets send T-Mac to Knicks
Rockets get K-Mart from Sac, 2 first round draft picks of Knicks 2010 and 2011, Hilton Armstrong from Sac, Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill from NY
Sac gets Landry and Dorsey

Rockets come out of this trade smelling like a rose. Scola will now get around 35-40 min a game and split his time with David Anderson instead of Landry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/tracy-mcgrady-trade-knick_n_467867.html

DAF86
03-01-2010, 12:40 AM

Twist the numbers all you want but at the end of the day the guy is averaging 15 ppg and 8 rbds for the season, that's pretty good if you ask me. And no, he isn't the go to guy nor he is struggling right now, again get your facts straight.

Nobody is saying that Scola is a franchise player or even an all-star, but the Spurs don't need that, we already have Tim, Tony and Manu to fill those roles. We just need good, reliable role players, specially on the front court and Scola is just that. Having him on the team maybe wouldn't have brought us another championship but I have no doubt that it would have made us a better team.

chungoman
03-01-2010, 12:40 AM

LOL man, that is fucking lame. Why would you take out his good games?

For that matter, take out his poor games against Philadelphia and Orlando and he would average 15.6 and 8.2. Stupid reasoning.

Maybe you're just trying too hard.

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Since the day we made the Scola trade we've done nothing but look up at the Rockets in the standings. Just imagine if these weren't the best teams of the Duncan era.

All one has to do is look at Scola's skill set, then look at the skill sets of Dice and Blair and you can easily see what Scola brings that they don't and why Scola would be, "the cure" for small ball.

I'm just glad I'll be able to bandwagon the Rockets in the playoffs this year when the Spurs gets bounced.

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-01-2010, 01:36 AM

You're quite brilliant and I'm impressed with your knowledge of the game and the way players' numbers improve when they come to play for the Spurs. Not only would Scola put up the same numbers he does for the Rockets on the Spurs, he'd likely put up even better numbers. All one needs is a cursory knowledge of the Spurs recent history to make these observations.

You are a true credit to this board and primary reason why it is now an oasis of basketball insight in the virtual desert of internet basketball messageboardery.

I just hope by the time Blair is 26 he'll put up the 6.4 rebounds in 24mpg that Scola put up as a rookie. I know Pop'll play him then even if he doesn't have Scola's speed or defensive and shotblocking ability.

Keep up the good work, and thank God we'll have the Rockets to watch this year when the Spurs lose in the playoffs.

Lars
03-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Obviously there would of been lingering resentment from Oberto and Gino for him developing first.

http://img154.yfrog.com/img154/3748/5q0h.jpg
(Scola, Oberto, JJ Barea's retarded cousin, ???, Manu, Mexican Lebron)

Sean Cagney
03-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Since the day we made the Scola trade we've done nothing but look up at the Rockets in the standings. Just imagine if these weren't the best teams of the Duncan era.

All one has to do is look at Scola's skill set, then look at the skill sets of Dice and Blair and you can easily see what Scola brings that they don't and why Scola would be, "the cure" for small ball.

I'm just glad I'll be able to bandwagon the Rockets in the playoffs this year when the Spurs gets bounced.

We were better than the Rockets in 08, beat them out last year and this year are ahead of them in the standings too, how did we look up at them in the standings exactly? I am still wondering that.

DAF86
03-01-2010, 05:46 AM
We were better than the Rockets in 08, beat them out last year and this year are ahead of them in the standings too, how did we look up at them in the standings exactly? I am still wondering that.

Congrats! you just have been trolled.

DAF86
03-01-2010, 05:48 AM
You're quite brilliant and I'm impressed with your knowledge of the game and the way players' numbers improve when they come to play for the Spurs. Not only would Scola put up the same numbers he does for the Rockets on the Spurs, he'd likely put up even better numbers. All one needs is a cursory knowledge of the Spurs recent history to make these observations.

You are a true credit to this board and primary reason why it is now an oasis of basketball insight in the virtual desert of internet basketball messageboardery.

I just hope by the time Blair is 26 he'll put up the 6.4 rebounds in 24mpg that Scola put up as a rookie. I know Pop'll play him then even if he doesn't have Scola's speed or defensive and shotblocking ability.

Keep up the good work, and thank God we'll have the Rockets to watch this year when the Spurs lose in the playoffs.

When did I say Scola would be putting the same numbers as a Spur? I guess you miss the part where I said "no matter the stats", Whott.

Phenomanul
03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Scola might not have been a "saviour" but consider this:

His chemistry with Manu would have been off the charts...

His contract was worth Bonner money...

Last but not least, Scola seems to be Kryptonite to Lamar Odom, a guy who has given the Spurs fits over the past few years... He was part of the reason why Houston took the Lakers to 7 games last season...

This...

WalterBenitez
03-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I wasnt around this board when Scola was traded.

Why was he traded? Saving money? Pop said he doesnt shoot 3's?

hmmm, speak quietly ... whott is sleeping, you should better not disturbing him. :wow

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM

Good point. For some reason I thought the Rockets have had a better record than the Spurs every year since the Scola trade. Must be a common misconception. There was even a poster in this thread asking the Spurs how Scola's ass tastes, which is kind of an odd thing to ask since in actuality Scola really hasn't done anything but look up the Spurs' asses since the day he entered the league.

When did I say Scola would be putting the same numbers as a Spur? I guess you miss the part where I said "no matter the stats", Whott.

I have no idea why you are saying any of that to me. I like Scola and was not trying to criticize him nor did I think you were. And I agree about Scola's impact going beyond stats. One has only to look at things like on and off court impact as kept by 82games.com to determine that the Rockets are better with Scola on the court than they are with him off of it and see the truth behind that statement. Or for instance the way the Rockets immediately and unquestionably became a better team after signing Scola and it was entirely due to his signing. Or, for another example, the way Caja Laboral has gone to crap since he left them to play for the Rockets. His positive impact on his teams is clearly seen once stats are taken out of the equation.

kuato
03-07-2010, 01:46 AM
21/25

ChumpDumper
03-07-2010, 01:47 AM
And?

WalterBenitez
03-07-2010, 06:18 AM
21/25

Nice numbers, but still in red/white uniform ...

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-07-2010, 06:23 PM
And?

Obviously, Scola is always as good as his last good game and has been for his entire career and the Rockets sre undefeated since they traded for him. The point is proven.

Conversely...

Scola does not have bad games, and the Rockets do not have losses. They simply do not exist which is why you never see any posts by his high character and knowledgable fans after he has one or the Rockets lose one. Because he doesn't an d the Rockets never do. If he did that would be factored in to his lifetime 21ppg 25rbg low water mark average and the Rockets would not be coming off 3 consecutive undefeated seasons capped by championships.

It's not that Scola put up 21 and 25, it's that Scola has averaged those numbers up for his entire career and never puts up anything less. And the Rockets never lose.

Eventually you'll figure that Scola never has bad games, only has good ones, and the Rockets never lose, they only win, and stop asking silly questions.

If you want to debate important things let's discuss how Scola was the solution to our defensive size and speed issues with his shotblocking, size, speed and defensive ability and how could the Spurs have been stupid enough to trade him to the now undefeated 3 time defending champion perennial playoff Rockets, when they could have traded him to the annual lottery bound Cavs for 3 or 4 #1 picks.

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Producti
onSimplePlayerMinOwnOppNetOnOffNetRating Dorsey (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU18.HTM)2%12.518.9-6.4+21.2-0.6+21.8+4.9 Lowry (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU2.HTM)41%17.216.4+0.8+5.1-3.9+9.1+4.1 Landry (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU12.HTM)49%23.518.7+4.8+1.4-1.7+3.1+4.1 Martin (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU6.HTM)9%20.011.7+8.3-2.9+0.0-2.9+3.8 McGrady (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU7.HTM)2%14.16.8+7.3-2.1-0.2-1.9+3.6 Budinger (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU10.HTM)37%14.513.7+0.8+0.8-0.8+1.6+1.2 Brooks (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU1.HTM)74%17.517.2+0.3-0.5+0.4-0.9-0.2 Ariza (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU9.HTM)69%13.913.7+0.3-0.5+0.4-0.9-0.2 Scola (http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU17.HTM)62%19.118.6+0.5-1.2+1.3-2.5-0.7

Can you imagine how bad all those guys on the Rockets Roland Ratings would be if not for Scola? Especially all those guys(starters) with better ones...

More, just imagine if Scola played with LeBron, Kobe, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard. They'd now have 3 undefeated plus 1 championships instead of merely 3 undefeated championships.

More to the point, TMac and Artest were perennial malcontents who were never satisfied and underachieved until coming under the leadership of Luis "Superglue" Scola, and look at them now. The Rockets are an undefeated 3 time champion Utopia while the Spurs are scratching their heads trying to figure out who to pick with the #1 pick in this years draft.

Just imagine if we added Luis Scola's points and reounds AS WELL AS Jefferson's Milwaukee stats from last year that we directly added to this years team, to the Spurs of this year. Shit. We'd be averaging like 135ppg.

Plus, we wouldn't be playing small ball any longer because Scola is bigger, faster, and a better defender and shotblocker than any big on the Spurs team not named Tim Duncan.

DAF86
03-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Scola is bigger, faster, and a better defender and shotblocker than any big on the Spurs team not named Tim Duncan.

That's not true, he's just a better overall player than them.

I recomend you to stop talking about Scola 'cause you have always been wrong about him which leads to you getting owned everytime you do it.

Let's recap some of the predictions you came up with your superior basketball mind:

-"He will be a bad rebounder on the NBA": Career 8 rbds per game on just 28 min of play.

-"His FG% will suck on the NBA": Career 52 FG% shooter.

-"Scola didn't want to play for the Spurs": Well he just said on an interview that he was really disapointed he didn't get to play here 'cause the Spurs were his favorite team (and still are, behind the Rockets of course)

You sure know what you're talking about when it comes to Scola.

whottt
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
That's not true, he's just a better overall player than them.

I recomend you to stop talking about Scola 'cause you have always been wrong about him which leads to you getting owned everytime you do it.

Let's recap some of the predictions you came up with your superior basketball mind:

-"He will be a bad rebounder on the NBA": Career 8 rbds per game on just 28 min of play.

-"His FG% will suck on the NBA": Career 52 FG% shooter.

-"Scola didn't want to play for the Spurs": Well he just said on an interview that he was really disapointed he didn't get to play here 'cause the Spurs were his favorite team (and still are, behind the Rockets of course)

You sure know what you're talking about when it comes to Scola.

Link to me making the predictions? I'd like a link to that?

With your concept of proof it ought be easy for you :lmao
You Scola fans own yourselves every time you make a post.

You can't prove shit, you can't prove Scola has made the Rockets better. He damn sure hasn't made them better than the Spurs. You can't prove the Spurs are worse for this trade. You can't prove his old team is worse for it.

You can only point at some ppg and rb numbers made as the primary big on a shitty team, after wins, and say, see?

Do you see that Richard Jefferson?

You can't even prove the Rockets are better with him on the court than they are with him off of it, because any measure you look at, says otherwise.

You can't prove they turned a down a better trade and like an idiot you think Scola's opinion constitutes incontovertable proof of the relationship with the Spurs.

That is like saying the accused murderer is obviously innocent since he clearly says he didn't do anything. It is just like that retard. If you are that stupid, you are incapable of owning a turd.

Yeah Scola is a good rebounder, his FG% is prettty good, but his overall numbers aren't much more than a lot of people thought they would be, nor the ultimate impact of his arrival and departure upon his teams.

You have shit to back up anything you say, the only thing you can do, and you are pretty pathetic about it, is come in here and claim scoreboard after his good games in wins while disappearing after his bad ones.

That and pointing out ppg and rb totals put up on a shitty team without regards to anything else is all you do, because it's all you can do.

But hey, at least you get to watch the Scola lead Rockets in the playoffs this year, right? :lol

What really gets me is guys who reveal themselves to the ultimate fence riding shitty fans, too afraid to go down with Scola and so instead bandwaggon the better team and bitch taking thier accursed stupidity out upon everyone else.

DAF86
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Link to me making the predictions? I'd like a link to that?

Wow, are you really going to deny that? I'm pretty sure everybody that has seen your post about Scola a couple of years ago can back up my claim of you saying that.

With your concept of proof it ought be easy for you :lmao
You Scola fans own yourselves every time you make a post.

You can't prove shit, you can't prove Scola has made the Rockets better. He damn sure hasn't made them better than the Spurs. You can't prove the Spurs are worse for this trade. You can't prove his old team is worse for it.

He hasn't made them worst, that's for sure. Also what does this has to do with what we're arguing about.

You can only point at some ppg and rb numbers made as the primary big on a shitty team, after wins, and say, see?

Do you see that Richard Jefferson?

I don't think Scola would be putting the same numbers as a Spurs than as a Rocket, but I'm sure he would have been a very important role player for us. Scola is Oberto only a lot more talented.

You can't even prove the Rockets are better with him on the court than they are with him off of it, because any measure you look at, says otherwise.

You can't prove they turned a down a better trade and like an idiot you think Scola's opinion constitutes incontovertable proof of the relationship with the Spurs.

That is like saying the accused murderer is obviously innocent since he clearly says he didn't do anything. It is just like that retard. If you are that stupid, you are incapable of owning a turd.

I didn't say anything about Scola's relationship with the Spurs I just said that he wanted to play for the Spurs.

Yeah Scola is a good rebounder, his FG% is prettty good, but his overall numbers aren't much more than a lot of people thought they would be, nor the ultimate impact of his arrival and departure upon his teams.

15 pts, 9 rbds. If you were expecting better you were expecting an all-star and nobody said Scola was going to be an all-star in the NBA.

You have shit to back up anything you say, the only thing you can do, and you are pretty pathetic about it, is come in here and claim scoreboard after his good games in wins while disappearing after his bad ones.

I don't do that.

That and pointing out ppg and rb totals put up on a shitty team without regards to anything else is all you do, because it's all you can do.

But hey, at least you get to watch the Scola lead Rockets in the playoffs this year, right? :lol

I do that just to show you how wrong you were about Scola.

What really gets me is guys who reveal themselves to the ultimate fence riding shitty fans, too afraid to go down with Scola and so instead bandwaggon the better team and bitch taking thier accursed stupidity out upon everyone else.

The reason Spurs fans bitch about Scola is 'cause they know he will have been a great player to have on the team.

whottt
03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
He hasn't made them worst.

Prove it.

They won 52 games the year before he was traded there.

I don't think Scola would be putting the same numbers as a Spurs than as a Rocket, but I'm sure he would have been a very important role player for us. Scola is Oberto only a lot more talented.

No he's not Oberto. He's not as good of a defensive player as Oberto was. And since you are so familiar with my posts why don't you scroll back far enough to find the one where I wanted the Spurs to sign Oberto in 2003.

I didn't say anything about Scola's relationship with the Spurs I just said that he wanted to play for the Spurs.

And he also said it would have been better if he hadn't been drafted at all. What Scola says is one thing.....

15 pts, 9 rbds. If you were expecting better you were expecting an all-star and nobody said Scola was going to be an all-star in the NBA.

Well actually people were expecting that and it's not that great anyway, as you said, and I agree, he would not be putting up those numbers for the Spurs.

Those numbers are meaningful as Richard Jefferson's numbers of last year.

So like I was saying...all you guys can do is point to empty numbers after wins.

I don't do that.

I do that just to show you how wrong you were about Scola.

The reason Spurs fans bitch about Scola is 'cause they know he will have been a great player to have on the team.

Well and the first thing that invalidates the intelligence of those that do so is the fact that it accomplishes exactly jack shit other than laying a giant turd in the middle of the forum to do so. Since it can be changed, even if Scola was the greatest player ever.

So what does that make the Scola whiners?

Redundant.
Irrelevant.
Pointless.
Useless.

And stupid.

Laker Fans didn't bitch this much when they traded Shaq, and Shaq actually won a title for the team they traded him to. So go ahead and add obnoxious to the list, and then go watch the excellence of Scola on the champion Rockets.

DAF86
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Prove it.

They won 52 games the year before he was traded there.

They had an in form McGrady and Yao, besides the only time the Rockets made it past the first round of the playoffs in the last few seasons was last season with Scola on the team.

No he's not Oberto. He's not as good of a defensive player as Oberto was. And since you are so familiar with my posts why don't you scroll back far enough to find the one where I wanted the Spurs to sign Oberto in 2003.

You're right, he's not Oberto, he's a lot better. And I don't know what facts you see to say that Oberto is better than Scola defensively. Scola is faster, Quicker, stronger, hustles just as hard as Fabricio. He also gets more steals and rebounds.

I don't know what you said about Oberto but if you didn't want him on the team that just goes to show you how much you know about this. Or are you also going to argue that Oberto was a very good contributor to the Spurs?

And he also said it would have been better if he hadn't been drafted at all. What Scola says is one thing.....

So? That doesn't change the fact that he wanted to play for the Spurs.

Well actually people were expecting that and it's not that great anyway, as you said, and I agree, he would not be putting up those numbers for the Spurs.

Those numbers are meaningful as Richard Jefferson's numbers of last year.

So like I was saying...all you guys can do is point to empty numbers after wins.

The Rockets made it farther than the Spurs last season, it's not like he has been playing for a crappy team all his NBA career.

Well and the first thing that invalidates the intelligence of those that do so is the fact that it accomplishes exactly jack shit other than laying a giant turd in the middle of the forum to do so. Since it can be changed, even if Scola was the greatest player ever.

So what does that make the Scola whiners?

Redundant.
Irrelevant.
Pointless.
Useless.

And stupid.

Laker Fans didn't bitch this much when they traded Shaq, and Shaq actually won a title for the team they traded him to. So go ahead and add obnoxious to the list, and then go watch the excellence of Scola on the champion Rockets.

Let's say the Spurs would have traded Manu's rights to the Rockets in 2002, you would now be saying that that wasn't a bad trade 'cause Manu and the Rockets didn't win a championship?

whottt
03-07-2010, 11:23 PM
They had an in form McGrady and Yao, besides the only time the Rockets made it past the first round of the playoffs in the last few seasons was last season with Scola on the team.

You're right, he's not Oberto, he's a lot better. And I don't know what facts you see to say that Oberto is better than Scola defensively. Scola is faster, Quicker, stronger, hustles just as hard as Fabricio. He also gets more steals and rebounds.

I don't know what you said about Oberto but if you didn't want him on the team that just goes to show you how much you know about this. Or are you also going to argue that Oberto was a very good contributor to the Spurs?

So? That doesn't change the fact that he wanted to play for the Spurs.

The Rockets made it farther than the Spurs last season, it's not like he has been playing for a crappy team all his NBA career.

Let's say the Spurs would have traded Manu's rights to the Rockets in 2002, you would now be saying that that wasn't a bad trade 'cause Manu and the Rockets didn't win a championship?

While I agree with absolutely nothing you said, even if it is all true and even if the Spurs did trade Manu in 2002, I would still consider it beyond stupid and pointless to still be bitching about it now. So you can imagine how I feel about it when it is done over a glorified scrub who would not have made a difference in this teams' championship hopes, this season, or any of the others he has been in the NBA, not to mention any of the 3 champions Manu played on or any other teams the Spurs have had in the Duncan era.

iminol
03-08-2010, 08:02 AM
who cares scola now, mom and daugher mercyyy.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Scola is an excellent, terrific, role-player. If he's your 4th best player, there's a good chance you have one of the bests team in the NBA.

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
If he's your 4th best player, there's a good chance you have one of the bests team in the NBA.

Sincerely, R. Jefferson

urunobili
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Sincerely, R. Jefferson

:lol

and the obsession continues... :rolleyes

ST won't be the same the day finally whottt agrees that Scola > Bonner and probably top 10 PF's in the game...

:toast

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
And you guys continue to operate under delusions. At best, the Spurs brass do not even like, Scola, yet you think he would have gotten minutes at the PF slot over the guy who appears to be Pop's all time favorite player, Michael Finley.

Would not have happened.

Even if Scola never said a cross word about the Spurs and wanted nothing more than to play for them, Pop and RC still obviously did not like him...so no, he would not have contributed significantly here.

And pretty obviously, our problems are related to our inability to defend and alter shots in the paint, something Scola does not do. Scola still gets lifted in crunch time for the Rockets and Adelman isn't near the defense oriented coach Pop is.

Reality.

Bottom line, you guys do nothing but look at point and rebound totals. They mean nothing when it comes to the Spurs. And they really don't mean much unless they are in a positive context, and I am sorry but Scola's banner season is not coming in a positive context.

There was once a player named Shareef Abdur Rahim who was a statisticl marvel, 20pts, 10bds, shot a great pct, could block shots...was a total non-factor in his teams performances. They didn't miss him when he left, they didn't improve when he came there. Pretty much exactly like Scola, only with more NBA ability.

I'm going to assume that you guys will become more kknowledgable as you watch more basketball, once that happens you will see how simplistic your mindset was, unless you are obtuse like a couple of long time posters on this board are.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Sincerely, R. Jefferson

Scola is better than Jefferson today and makes a fraction of his salary.

If the Spurs could trade Jefferson for Scola tomorrow, believe me they would, even if you think Bufford and Pop don't like Scola. They made a huge mistake evaluating Scola's value. Shit happens.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
And you guys continue to operate under that delusion, that, at best, the Spurs brass do not even like, Scola, would have gotten minutes at the PF slot over the guy who appears to be Pop's all time favorite player, Michael Finley.

Would not have happened.

Even if Scola never said a cross word about the Spurs and wanted nothing more than to play him, Pop and RC still obviously did not like him...so no, he would not have contributed significantly here.

And pretty obviously, our problems are related to our inability to defend and alter shots in the paint, something Scola does not do. Scola still gets lifted in crunch time for the Rockets and Adelman isn't near the defense oriented coach Pop is.

That used to happen sometimes when Landry was on the team, now he plays at the end of games.

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Scola is better than Jefferson today and makes a fraction of his salary.

Um, Jefferson put up more points per game last year than Scola did.

And the salary has nothing to do with with whether or not he is a good fit for the team.

If the Spurs could trade Jefferson for Scola tomorrow, believe me they would, even if you think Bufford and Pop don't like Scola. They made a huge mistake evaluating Scola's value. Shit happens.

And you obviously don't know what happens to players that create bad blood with Pop and RC...they do not last here. The fact you think Scola would buck that trend is laughable.

Dennis Rodman didn't buck it, I guranfuckingtee you Luis Scola wouldn't have.

He's simply not that fucking good.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
There was once a player named Shareef Abdur Rahim who was a statisticl marvel, 20pts, 10bds, shot a great pct, could block shots...was a total non-factor in his teams performances. They didn't miss him when he left, they didn't improve when he came there. Pretty much exactly like Scola, only with more NBA ability.

The comparison to SAR is absurd. Scola and a bunch or role-players took the NBA champions last season to a 7th game.

Do you know how much Scola makes? $3.2 millions. It's more or less the same Spurs paid Finley and Bonner this season. It's less than what Mason is making.

If you think any of those players help so much a NBA team like Scola, you're delusional.

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
That used to happen sometimes when Landry was on the team, now he plays at the end of games.

And they are losing their asses off too.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Um, Jefferson put up more points per game last year than Scola did.

So?

And the salary has nothing to do with with whether or not he is a good fit for the team.

And you obviously don't know what happens to players that create bad blood with Pop and RC...they do not last here. The fact you think Scola would buck that trend is laughable.

Dennis Rodman didn't buck it, I guranfuckingtee you Luis Scola wouldn't have.

He's simply not that fucking good.

Scola never played for the Spurs. i doubt there's any kind of bad blood. They made a bad decision. Nobody is perfect.

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
The comparison to SAR is absurd. Scola and a bunch or role-players took the NBA champions last season to a 7th game.

Do you know how much Scola makes? $3.2 millions. It's more or less the same Spurs paid Finley and Bonner this season. It's less than what Mason is making.

If you think any of those players help so much a NBA team like Scola, you're delusional.

Oh yes, I am so impressed with Scola. His Spanish team went into the tank without him. The Rockets have gone undefeated and won 3 championships since adding him.

It's statistically provable the Rockets are a better team without Scola on the court than they are with him on it in fact...

Simply go to 82games.com and see the numbers for yourself.

Even when he was starting with Yao and TMac and Artest he had a marginally postivie on court rating, last of all their starters.

He's not that fucking good. He just speaks the right language.

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Here is what's funny about this...you guys think I am biased against Scola for some inane reason...

Yet I have always defended Manu.
I wanted to sign Oberto in 2003.
I wanted to trade Scola for Nocionic if possible.

I do not have some compulsive hatred of Argie Spanish players...about 3/4ths of you Scola fans are biased however, and the rest are statheads without concernt to the ultimate stat, team performance.

Scola is not a difference maker. Period.

I do not give a fuck how many people that are less knowledgable and have watched less basketball than me attempt to say that isn't the case and they know more...

I simply know better. One would think you guys would be smart to realize by now that will never change, however if you had that observational ability you would no doubt STFU about Scola because you would realiuze he isn't that good...

In addition to realizing that bitching about him serves absolutely no purpose except to throw shit on the forum.

I still think you guys would be happier if you went to Rockets forums so you could celebrate the stupidity of the Spurs for trading him to them, along with the numerous championships they have won since trading for him. Not only that but you could look down upon the lowly stupid Spurs from the standings, and ask themn how Scola's culo tastes :tu

Go for it

Because ya'll know so much.

PS: If Scola had been here last year, we still would have lost to the Mavs in the first round.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Here is what's funny about this...you guys think I am biased against Scola for some inane reason...

Yet I have always defended Manu.
I wanted to sign Oberto in 2003.
I wanted to trade Scola for Nocionic is possible.

I do not have some compulsive hatred of argie players...about 3/4ths of you Scola fans are biased however, and the rest are statheads without concernt to the ultimate stat, team performance.

Scola is not a difference maker. Period.

And who said you are an Argie hater? I don't think you're an Argie hater I just think you're wrong about they way you percieve Scola's game.

Also don't try to make this a nationalistic thing, there are lots of not Argentine posters that bitch about the Scola trade. Besides I wouldn't be arguing with you if instead of Scola the Spurs would have traded away Nocioni for example (if they would have drafted him), 'cause I think that Andres isn't that good and is pretty overrated by NBA fans.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I simply know better.

If you think that Nocioni is better than Scola no you don't.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
And who said you are an Argie hater? I don't think you're an Argie hater I just think you're wrong about they way you percieve Scola's game.

Also don't try to make this a nationalistic thing, there are lots of not Argentine posters that bitch about the Scola trade. Besides I wouldn't be arguing with you if instead of Scola the Spurs would have traded Nocioni for example 'cause I think that Andres isn't that good and is pretty overrated by NBA fans.

But I'm not wrong...and I actually wasn't wrong about his FG% either. I said if he became the focus of a defense his FG% would drop, which it has in the post season.

It didn't hurt his Spanish team when he left. The Rockets did not significantly improve when he arrived.

You realize that Scola was the MVP of his league and team in Europe, yet he left them for the Rockets and there was virtually no significant difference in that teams' performance?

That's like Tim Duncan going to the Lakers and the Spurs continuing without missing a beat.

That is not the resume of impact of a difference maker, and the day you guys get past Scola's mother tongue, nation or origin, and look at the context and ultimate impact of his stats, you will finally get that.

Trust me. I've watched a lot more basketball than you, especially Spurs.

The funniest thing is that earlier in this thread it was you, not me, that compared Manu to Scola as if they were similar type players...trust me, the moment you did that you insulted Manu more than any poster ever on this forum.

He is the irreplacable part, the reason you won a gold medal...

Don't insult him by saying he has the same impact as Scola does.

You prove you know shit beyond simple stats when you do that.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
If you think that Nocioni is better than Scola no you don't.

Um, at that particular moment in time the Spurs needed a long SF, not a slow PF who was a defensive liablity and choke under pressure more or less everytime except for 2004.

The reason you and I do not see eye to eye is that I actually search for the round peg to fit in the round hole, you otoh just think hammering the square one in will suffice, especially if it was made in hispania.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
But I'm not wrong...and I actually wasn't wrong about his FG% either. I said if he became the focus of a defense his FG% would drop, which it has in the post season.

You said his FG% would suck in the NBA and it doesn't. And what's that about the defense focusing on him? He's a role player defense shouldn't be focusing on him.

It didn't hurt his Spanish team when he left. The Rockets did not significantly improve when he arrived.

You realize that Scola was the MVP of his league and team in Europe, yet he left them for the Rockets and there was virtually no significant difference in that teams' performance?

That's like Tim Duncan going to the Lakers and the Spurs continuing without missing a beat.

'Cause TAU is one of the most stacked teams in Europe, the fact that he was considered the best player of such a talented team speaks in itself.

That is not the resume of impact of a difference maker, and the day you guys get past Scola's mother tongue, nation or origin, and look at the context and ultimate impact of his stats, you will finally get that.

Trust me. I've watched a lot more basketball than you, especially Spurs.

Maybe you have watched more basketball than me because you're probably older than me but I have watched my good share of BB too, 20 years of watching the NBA, FIBA and pretty much every basketball tournament that is aired on TV.

And about that nationalistic thing, I already told you I wouldn't be arguing with you if the point of our argument was Nocioni or any other Argentine player I don't think as highly of as Scola, shit I wouldn't even be arguing about Oberto.

Maybe you should be the one that needs to look past his homerism, I'm sure you would love Scola right now if our FO wouldn't have traded him.

The funniest thing is that earlier in this thread it was you, not me, that compared Manu to Scola as if they were similar type players...trust me, the moment you did that you insulted Manu more than any poster ever on this forum.

He is the irreplacable part, the reason you won a gold medal...

Don't insult him by saying he has the same impact as Scola does.

You prove you know shit beyond simple stats when you do that.

I didn't compare Manu and Scola as players and you know it, I was just making an extreme example to show how retarded your "The Rockets haven't won shit with Scola" argument is.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
If they were so stacked when he was there to the degree they would not notice him leaving, then the fact they failed to win a championship when he was there pretty much hammers my point home about him not being an impact implayer.

This is going to be like trying to hold water for you guys...you can't make a player into something he isn't in an argument with me because I will look at it every angle...and the simple truth matter is, Scola is neither a difference maker, nor an impact player. I thank you for pointing that out, but it wasn't needed.

Much like Scola didn't get the Rockets out of the first round his first year with the club, so therefore crediting him with their advancement last season reveals the true nature of your argument, all the good to Scola, all the bad to excuses.

And that's exactly why you guys only show up to post this shit in his good games after wins. And never at any other time.

How do you say weak in Spanish? That should be the name of your church.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh yes, I am so impressed with Scola. His Spanish team went into the tank without him. The Rockets have gone undefeated and won 3 championships since adding him.

It's statistically provable the Rockets are a better team without Scola on the court than they are with him on it in fact...

Simply go to 82games.com and see the numbers for yourself.

Even when he was starting with Yao and TMac and Artest he had a marginally postivie on court rating, last of all their starters.

He's not that fucking good. He just speaks the right language.

You're nuts. He isn't a nš1 overall pick under a max contract. He's a role player making $3 millions.

You need to inform yourself about the financial side of the equation.

Plus, I don't think you understand how on/off court stuff works. Last season the Spurs were a best defensive team with Duncan off the court. According to your crazy logic, this probably means that Oberto, Kurt Thomas or whoever was a better defender than Duncan.

Use that type of numbers after adjustment (to teammates and opponents) and when you have a sample of several seasons. Less than that they're useless.

And Spanish is not my mother tongue.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Um, at that particular moment in time the Spurs needed a long SF, not a slow PF who was a defensive liablity and choke under pressure more or less everytime except for 2004.

The reason you and I do not see eye to eye is that I actually search for the round peg to fit in the round hole, you otoh just think hammering the square one in will suffice, especially if it was made in hispania.

Nobody thinks that except you. And again with that "hispania" thing. Let me get this straight for you. The reason Spurs fans bitch about Scola is 'cause he was drafted by the Spurs and was traded away for money relief, not because he is Spanic. If the Spurs would have drafted let's say JJ Hickson and then traded him for nothing Spurs fans would be bitching about JJ Hickson and not about Scola.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I didn't compare Manu and Scola as players and you know it, I was just making an extreme example to show how retarded your "The Rockets haven't won shit with Scola" argument is.

Oh yes you did, you asked me what I would have done if the Spurs had traded Manu in 2002...as if it was a similar situation.

It wasn't...and it actually would have been a champiuonshup costing trade, whereas Scola isn't and never will be. Because he does not fill the weakness that needs to be filled for the Spurs to win a title, and only an idiot with a retarded perception of the game fails to see that.

The only thing these Scola arguments prove to me is that you guys don't even understand why the Spurs don't win.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh yes you did, you asked me what I would have done if the Spurs had traded Manu in 2002...as if it was a similar situation.

It wasn't...and it actually would have been a champiuonshup costing trade, whereas Scola isn't and never will be. Because he does not fill the weakness that needs to be filled for the Spurs to win a title, and only an idiot with a retarded perception of the game fails to see that.

The only thing these Scola arguments prove to me is that you guys don't even understand why the Spurs don't win.

In 2008 one of the Spurs biggest problems was matching up with Odom, Scola made Odom his bitch in the Rockets/Lakers series of 2009. I'm sure Luis wouldn't have helped the Spurs on that regard. Also I don't know where you get that Scola is slow, for a bigman he is pretty damn quick.

And I'm done arguing with you, you're more obtuse than I thought. Have a good day.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Without Scola, not only would Tau/Caja have missed the playoffs, but the Rockets would not have gone undefeated 3 years in a row with 3 championships.

Without Scola the Rockets would not be going undefeated, making the playoffs and winning another championship this year.

How's Scola's culo taste pendejos!

15 and 8 culeros!

DAF86
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
:yield

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
In 2008 one of the Spurs biggest problems was matching up with Odom, Scola made Odom his bitch in the Rockets/Lakers series of 2009. I'm sure Luis wouldn't have helped the Spurs on that regard. Also I don't know where you get that Scola is slow, for a bigman he is pretty damn quick.

:lmao he's slower than Bonner is. Did you not see the game that was proven beyond all doubt? You know the one where Bonner stole the ball from Scola and outran him down the court for a dunk?

Wasn't even a competitive race...Scola was way behind him by the time Bonner dunked.

How could you have missed it? That is the only time Matt Bonner has ever done, ever will do, that, in his entire career. Because there aren't but like 2 players in the NBA slower than he is, one of whom is Scola, which is why Scola never played 4th quarters until there was no other big on the roster to play them.

Oh I know how you missed it, because Bonner started heads up against Scola that game and gave him a royal buttfucking, that's how you missed it. The same way you guys miss every bad game Scola has and loss the Rockets have.

And I'm done arguing with you, you're more obtuse than I thought. Have a good day.

It's not my fault you're new to basketball.

whottt
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
The reason Spurs fans bitch about Scola is 'cause he was drafted by the Spurs and was traded away for money relief, not because he is Spanic. If the Spurs would have drafted let's say JJ Hickson and then traded him for nothing Spurs fans would be bitching about JJ Hickson and not about Scola.

Uh don't attempt to subscribe some higher purpose to the Scola whiners...there are 4 motivations to them and none of them come from any sort of enlightended perspective.

1. Nationalistic/Regional bias. You know who these guys are.

2. Simple covetousness. The guys who endlessly whine about the Spurs not spending enough money. That want to sign every wifebeating, dogfighting, rapist who ever averaged 10ppg for a season.

3. Those who do not look beyond point and rebound averages.

4. Monday morning qb and second guesssers whose self esteem is tied to the Spurs w-l record, swinging wildly in frustration at the Spurs struggles.

There is no deeper motivation, they do not have a higher purpose, I am the one with the deeper motivation and the higher purpose, and dismantling those 4 childlike frames of reference before I even begin to argue against them is easy as pie.

And ultimately, I don't care how fucking smart or sensible you think you are, bitching about it 3 years after the fact, even if everything you say is right, and true, is:

Pointless
Needless
Irrelevant
Redundant

And stupid.

And it serves absolutely no purpose and contributes absolutely nothing of value to this board save giving me a deserving target for verbal abuse.

I'll agree the Spurs desrved to get more for Scola...what I don't agree on is that they turned down more. And as Tiago staying in Spain proves, even if there wasn't a contentious relationship between the Spurs and Scola, if his agent was making noises about staying with Tau, it was a threat the Spurs needed to take seriously.

It is what it is...

Personally I welcome things like the Scola trade and even find a bright spot in the Spurs struggles this season...it gets rid of a portion of the shitty bandwaggoning section of fans.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I couldn't care less about the Spurs or about Argies and I think Scola is a terrific role-player.

You probably don't want to deal with the fact that the Spurs fucked up with this trade and therefore your crazy "yeah, but Scola didn't lead the Rockets to a championship" arguments.

Well, you can't be this emotional about this issues. It's just basketball.

whottt
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
But yeah...I guess you guys are right, without Scola, the Rockets would not make the playoffs this year.

Vive la diferencia!

whottt
03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I couldn't care less about the Spurs or about Argies and I think Scola is a terrific role-player.

You probably don't want to deal with the fact that the Spurs fucked up with this trade and therefore your crazy "yeah, but Scola didn't lead the Rockets to a championship" arguments.

Well, you can't be this emotional about this issues. It's just basketball.

Whatever respect I may or may not have had for your opinion went out the window the instant I saw you in a thread bitching about an irreversible trade that happened 3 years ago as if it can some how accomplish anything.

Pretty much bottom of the barrel intellecutalism.

Fact.

At least I admit the primary reason I am here is to call people stupid.