PDA

View Full Version : Mahinmi's already proved he's better than Dice and Bonner

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
:lol

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:02 PM
I already made a thread like this hop head.

slayermin
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM

The question is, is he better than Tyrus Thomas? I think so.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:16 PM

Yeah a minute after I did.

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah a minute after I did.
I actually made it before tip off.... I just waited to click submit thread until I was done with my blunt.

sabar
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Nice to see some height out there. Dude needs to add some weight though, he is real skinny.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I actually made it before tip off.... I just waited to click submit thread until I was done with my blunt.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Nice to see some height out there. Dude needs to add some weight though, he is real skinny.

?

Hasn't he put on like 25 pounds of muscle since he was drafted? Does he weigh less than Bonner or Dice?

Ditty
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
hope he see daylight with duncan on sunday with hairston

we can only hope

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
?

Hasn't he put on like 25 pounds of muscle since he was drafted? Does he weigh less than Bonner or Dice?

Even if he weighed less he's still better than both those fucks.

slick'81
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Again at this point why the fck not start ian dammit

BOGANS AND FINLEY STARTED TONIGHT NUFF SAID :bang

Cant_Be_Faded
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Facetious thread?
I thought he played over anxious in the 2nd quarter but quality minutes in the 4th.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Facetious thread?
I thought he played over anxious in the 2nd quarter but quality minutes in the 4th.

No, it's completely serious. How has he not been better in his limited minutes than both of those guys? Unless one assumes that he never settles down and gets used to rotation minutes like most basketball players tend to do, I don't see how he isn't a step up. He moves his feet, watches where his man is, communicates well with his teammates and blocks/alters shots. The biggest downside to him is that he fouls, which young big guys do. See Blair, DeJuan.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
His limited minutes in the 2nd instantly made an impact with his speed running the court alone.

When he settled down (but it was a blowout) in the 4th to replace Blair, he played played great weakside defense and a good nose for the offensive glass.
Unfortunately he fell for way too many pump fakes, was obviously unfamiliar with what the guards wanted to do on offense, and made stupid fouls that he should have drilled into his head are stupid.

I chalk all three of these faults on his part to unfamiliarty with his teammates on the court in game situations.
Which funnels the responsibility to fucking Pop.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:58 PM
His limited minutes in the 2nd instantly made an impact with his speed running the court alone.

When he settled down (but it was a blowout) in the 4th to replace Blair, he played played great weakside defense and a good nose for the offensive glass.
Unfortunately he fell for way too many pump fakes, was obviously unfamiliar with what the guards wanted to do on offense, and made stupid fouls that he should have drilled into his head are stupid.

I chalk all three of these faults on his part to unfamiliarty with his teammates on the court in game situations.
Which funnels the responsibility to fucking Pop.

Yeah, I mentioned the other day that someone should give him a tape of all the Spurs' Rasho Nesterovic defensive highlights and have him pattern his game around that. In short, don't bite on pump fakes, just stand in the right position and put both hands straight up in the air. Scola isn't going to be able to score over Ian without getting past him or juking him. And Scola is a rather good post player coming off a stinker of a game IIRC.

jjktkk
02-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Salute O.V.. I'm eating some crow for dinner tonight. I didn't get to see the game, but glanced at Mahimni's stats in the boxscore. Very impressed. Hairston seemed to of had a solid night off the bench as well. Maybe these two can consistantly get minutes for the rest of the season.

Buddy Holly
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Ian this season is averaging something like 4 pts, 3 rebs in 7 minutes of action. Not bad for someone who hasn't really ever played NBA ball.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Salute O.V.. I'm eating some crow for dinner tonight. I didn't get to see the game, but glanced at Mahimni's stats in the boxscore. Very impressed. Hairston seemed to of had a solid night off the bench as well. Maybe these two can consistantly get minutes for the rest of the season.

Well if he gets minutes going forward he's going to foul. Probably a lot. And he's going to get turnovers, probably more than he deserves because the refs don't know him. But it's entirely possible that he can make up for those drawbacks with his rebounding, his energy, and his ability to be a tall guy standing between opponents and the rim.

And the truth is, he's probably not going to get any minutes in the next week.

easy7
02-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Ian just needs to stop some of his rookie mistakes, fouls and he will be on...

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 12:35 AM

True, and that comes with PT. Blair still makes many of those mistakes and gets a chance to play. Maybe it IS too much to try that with more than one young player, but the fact is this season ends with ping pong balls if they don't try something drastic.

barbacoataco
02-27-2010, 12:42 AM
The part I don't get is that fouling isn't a problem since Mahinmi at most would be the 3-5th big in the rotation. If he picks up a couple of quick fouls, so what? He would more than make up for it by contesting interior shots and giving the Spurs a shot blocking presence. Now that Ratliff is gone, anyone would look at this and say the Spurs should give the guy a little burn and see what he can do.

lefty
02-27-2010, 12:43 AM
You mean Becky?

itzsoweezee
02-27-2010, 12:46 AM
lol @ the massive failures the popovich dickriders are having this season

SenorSpur
8 pts and 5 rebs in 10 mins is pretty good.

I'm pretty sure Bonner could get the 8 pts in 10 mins, but he'd probably need 100 mins to get the 5 rebs.

spurs10
Well if he gets minutes going forward he's going to foul. Probably a lot. And he's going to get turnovers, probably more than he deserves because the refs don't know him. But it's entirely possible that he can make up for those drawbacks with his rebounding, his energy, and his ability to be a tall guy standing between opponents and the rim.

And the truth is, he's probably not going to get any minutes in the next week.
Unfortunately you're probably right, but Ian looked good in the 4th quarter. We need his speed, energy, and height out there. Yeah "a tall guy" stopping others from laying up the ball at will and getting some rebounds wouldn't be a horrible thing. Manu was our leading rebounder tonight.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 12:52 AM
And what an immense disservice to how hard Manu and Duncan have continued to play this season by not giving them some help in the form of guys who can defend and rebound and know the system.

poop
02-27-2010, 01:12 AM
next game we will see a bonner-finley-bogans (BFB) trio getting big minutes whilst mahinmi and malik watch from the bench.
because pop has 4 rings and is smarter than all of us idiots.

spursbird
02-27-2010, 01:18 AM
next game we will see a bonner-finley-bogans (BFB) trio getting big minutes whilst mahinmi and malik watch from the bench.
:lol:bang

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 01:21 AM

And expect a number of Pops Mensah-Bonsu references from the Popsuckers who aren't posting tonight.

poop
02-27-2010, 01:39 AM
And expect a number of Pops Mensah-Bonsu references from the Popsuckers who aren't posting tonight.

yes they will be on here tomm with their 'ian chamberlain' and 'malik jordan' crap to try to downplay how right many of us have been all along.

Boss
02-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Sad thing is Ian doesn't see the floor in the 2nd half if it wasn't for Blair fouling out.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Sad thing is Ian doesn't see the floor in the 2nd half if it wasn't for Blair fouling out.

Actually he was at the table to replace Blair when Blair picked up six.

Ibanezsr
02-27-2010, 05:05 AM

Yea and Bogans, Finley, Bonner, Parker, Dice, Gino, RJ and Timmy need to stop making some of their Veteran mistakes

spursrocks
02-27-2010, 06:12 AM
coach pop sucks! as long as pop is coaching, we will see the bogners and jurassic Fin in the starting line up! fuck it, im 100% sure coach poop wont play hairston and mahinmi against phoenix!
fire poopoobitch! hire aj, jeff van gundy, pj, or coach K! shit or hire clyde drexler. any coach will do. just fire that fucking stinking poopoobitch.

objective
02-27-2010, 07:48 AM
I loved how he sealed Scola twice in the lane to free up space for RJ to get a dunk and a layup.

It's the little things like that where you can appreciate just how much scorn Pop has for him. :lol

Muser
02-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Start Ian and Malik pop you asshole, Ian >>>>> Bonner and Malik >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finley/Bogans.

boutons_deux
02-27-2010, 08:04 AM
3 starters score 0 PT, 2 RB, 2 AST in 40 mins, while Bonner adds 0 PTs, 0 RB, 1 AST in 8 mins, typifying what is so self-defeatingly wrong with Pop's lineups.

Hey, rock-headed Pop, you keep pounding on the stone through 56 games, and have produced a lottery team. I know Michaelangelo and you're no Michaelangelo.

will_spurs
02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Yea and Bogans, Finley, Bonner [...] need to stop making some of their Veteran mistakes

Rookie mistake: rack up 2 fouls in only a few seconds because "refs don't know you".

Veteran mistake: don't do anything the whole game.

I know which kind of "mistake" I prefer.

poop
02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Rookie mistake: rack up 2 fouls in only a few seconds because "refs don't know you".

haha true.

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM

cant have it all

itzsoweezee
02-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I know Michaelangelo and you're no Michaelangelo.

lol

SenorSpur
02-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I watched a replay of the game and noticed Ian doing the little things. Putting a body on the opponent, boxing out, hedging on pick-n-roll defense and rapidly rotating back to his man. It's obvous he has quick feet and speed, not to mention the desire to defend, rebound and block shots. The help side block on Martin was nice.

While he still has his occasional awkward and mechanical moments, it seems as though he's starting to develop a better feel for the game. It should be obvious to even the harshest critic that Ian has skills to be a productive rotation player in the league. How anyone could call this kid a bust is just ridiculous?

Pop really "screwed the pooch" on this one. It remains to be seen if he's willing to give the kid some court time. I don't see it happening, but I also didn't expect him to get time versus Houston.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Hope you saved that game. It's likely the last time you see him in a Spurs uni.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
this is bull shit

FeZZy
02-28-2010, 04:15 PM
dice good game today

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
dice good game today

Dice was great. Thought it was a very good decision to put him back in the game after he tweaked his knee so he wouldn't have time to think about it. That said, the Spurs still need someone at the 5 who can block shots or put their hands up when defending in the paint, preferably someone tall and who can jump.

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 09:04 PM
dyess played a great game today. he is going to have to continue to put up a consistent 10 and 10 for us to compete consistently imo.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
dyess played a great game today. he is going to have to continue to put up a consistent 10 and 10 for us to compete consistently imo.

He can't defend inside and can't jump to block shots but maybe today was an aberration because Frye pulled him so far away from the basket. Sure would be nice to have another big to put on the floor in those cases. Watching Amare abuse Hill and Parker inside was kind of embarrassing.

SenorSpur
02-28-2010, 11:43 PM
He can't defend inside and can't jump to block shots but maybe today was an aberration because Frye pulled him so far away from the basket. Sure would be nice to have another big to put on the floor in those cases. Watching Amare abuse Hill and Parker inside was kind of embarrassing.

Amare just flat out kills the Spurs each game. As good of a game as Dice had, he nor any other frontline player the Spurs have, is any threat to slowing down Amare.

This is where having the luxury of another PF like Tyrus Thomas would've been so beneficial to the Spurs.

ducks
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
and spurs always beat suns out in playoffs

TJastal
03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Amare just flat out kills the Spurs each game. As good of a game as Dice had, he nor any other frontline player the Spurs have, is any threat to slowing down Amare.

This is where having the luxury of another PF like Tyrus Thomas would've been so beneficial to the Spurs.

A little helping of John Salmons for Bogans wouldn't of hurt either. Salmons notched 32/8/4 and 8-9 from the line last night and almost helped the bucks upset the hawks.

jag
03-01-2010, 12:09 PM

yavozerb
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
A little helping of John Salmons for Bogans wouldn't of hurt either. Salmons notched 32/8/4 and 8-9 from the line last night and almost helped the bucks upset the hawks.

wow, good for him..thought this was thread was about mahinmi and fellow spurs. It really is time you get over the fact that salmons and TT will never become a spur. Its easy to put up good stat lines on bad teams, just ask RJ.

TJastal
03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
wow, good for him..thought this was thread was about mahinmi and fellow spurs. It really is time you get over the fact that salmons and TT will never become a spur. Its easy to put up good stat lines on bad teams, just ask RJ.

Butthurt much? I can't post new threads anymore so I have to fit in my opinions where I can. Deal with it.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but Milwaukee has climbed into the 7th seed in the east and are showing no signs of slowing down. That's quite a bit different than the team Jefferson played on last year that finished last in the division.

And since the spurs made little effort to obtain either Salmons or Thomas (or both) I'm going to make sure they know what they potentially missed out on. :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2:

yavozerb
03-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Butthurt much? I can't post new threads anymore so I have to fit in my opinions where I can. Deal with it.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but Milwaukee has climbed into the 7th seed in the east and are showing no signs of slowing down. That's quite a bit different than the team Jefferson played on last year that finished last in the division.

And since the spurs made little effort to obtain either Salmons or Thomas (or both) I'm going to make sure they know what they potentially missed out on. :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2: :lobt: :lobt2:

I have noticed and if you havn't noticed its still the bucks in the eastern conference. You have nobody to blame but yourself in not being able to start posts.

anakha
03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I can't post new threads anymore so I have to fit in my opinions where I can..

Gee, I wonder why...

And since the spurs made little effort to obtain either Salmons or Thomas (or both) I'm going to make sure they know what they potentially missed out on.

:lmao at you thinking that the FO will actually pay attention to your bitching on this message board.

TJastal
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Gee, I wonder why...

:lmao at you thinking that the FO will actually pay attention to your bitching on this message board.

Oh, I know it was such a terrible, deceitful thread. So many lives were damaged from reading it. :rolleyes

TJastal
03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I have noticed and if you havn't noticed its still the bucks in the eastern conference. You have nobody to blame but yourself in not being able to start posts.

Which conference won the all star game again? What team has the best record in the league right now?

Hint: Starts with an 'E'

anakha
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Oh, I know it was such a terrible, deceitful thread. So many lives were damaged from reading it. :rolleyes

Maybe you can get thread-starting privileges back when the FO hears about your rants here and expresses remorse for not getting Thomas or Salmons.

yavozerb
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Which conference won the all star game again? What team has the best record in the league right now?

:lol, please tell me your kidding?

Obstructed_View
03-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Wow. Off-topic AND weak. Just, wow.

poop
03-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Free Mahinmi!!!!the winds of change are blowing!!!! Fin has been released in a miracle for the ages!! the tide can still turn!!! release Boner now!!!!or better yet 'trade' him for a 2018 3rd round pick!!!