PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinmi has already proved he is better than Bonner

Sigz
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Fucking Bonner. He brings shit to this team.

At least Ian brings some shotblocking, rebounding, and massive dunking ability.

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Another offensive rebound + putback.

Ian > Boner

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
The stats don't even show what he did tonight too..

He's going to make mistakes, but his presence was felt whenever he was on the floor tonight..he altered multiple shots, he blocked a shot, he hedged on Brooks all over the perimeter, he was active..

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
And he doesn't have T-rex arms.

elbamba
02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
He showed that he is better than Dice as well. It makes no sense that he has not started next to Tim most of this year. Let the kid play and grow. He is going to make mistakes. I would rather see mistakes then out right suckiness by the players we try to play at the 4-5

MaNu4Tres
02-26-2010, 11:09 PM

He's going to make mistakes, but his presence was felt whenever he was on the floor tonight..he altered multiple shots, he blocked a shot, he hedged on Brooks all over the perimeter, he was active..

TheChillFactor
02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
it would be great to let him grow a little bit. he fouls too much but he'd have a chance to correct that if he could just play through it a little bit....

Johnny RIngo
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
And we're probably going to resign Bonner in the off-season while Ian finds a team that's going to give him minutes.

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
And we're probably going to resign Bonner in the off-season while Ian finds a team that's going to give him minutes.

God help us all if that happens. I'm throwing up in my own mouth thinking about that. Knowing Pop and his zeal for both corporate knowledge and limited skillsets, I can see it.

Chomag
02-26-2010, 11:46 PM

Very good take. IT was awsome to see how active they were even when stats don't show all of that.

angelbelow
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
damn, im gonna watch the replay for this game. when do ian and hairston come in?

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 11:49 PM

The latter part of that was guaranteed before the New Jersey game, and assured afterward. Might as well get whatever help they can from him now.

fyatuk
02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Ian did a good job of sealing men off and creating driving lanes for Hairston and Jefferson as well.

He couldn't guard Scola, but neither could McD (how many open shots did Antonio give Scola?)...

BlackSwordsMan
02-26-2010, 11:52 PM
can becky hammon come to the spurs?

Buddy Holly
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
damn, im gonna watch the replay for this game. when do ian and hairston come in?

Mid third for Hairston.

Late third for Ian.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Ian actually had some minutes in the 2nd quarter. Which was the first time this season I recall seeing this happen.

SenorSpur
02-26-2010, 11:57 PM

Damn right Ian is going to make mistakes. As far as I'm concerned his raw skill, activity and defense should negate those risks.

However, Pop's impatience and short leash when it comes to living with those mistakes is the sort of hypocritical bullshit causes this team to underachieve. Especially when considering the fact that veteran players make some of the same mistakes, yet have a longer leash.

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Mid third for Hairston.

Late third for Ian.

thanks

tothrowed
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Why are yall so hype over ian did yall see malik harriston he was makin plays but yea ian > bonner

Sigz
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Why are yall so hype over ian did yall see malik harriston he was makin plays but yea ian > bonner

lol wut

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Ian did a good job of sealing men off and creating driving lanes for Hairston and Jefferson as well.

He couldn't guard Scola, but neither could McD (how many open shots did Antonio give Scola?)...

Yeah, how many points did Scola have before and after Mahinmi came in?

Seriously, can anyone figure that out? Surely there's a website somewhere that does it in like three clicks. I have to go through the game log and count. :lol

taps
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM

They both had the same line i believe: 8, 5, 1 bk (hairston might've had 2 blocks i listened on the radio so not sure.)

fyatuk
02-27-2010, 01:14 AM

Because people are sick of small ball, so a big playing well is more important than yet another wing player (spurs are overloaded at wing anyway).

But yes, Hairston was very impressive.

poop
02-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Fucking Bonner. He brings shit to this team.

At least Ian brings some shotblocking, rebounding, and massive dunking ability.

yes, but who needs a center who brings shotblocking, rebounding, interior defense and quickness, when you can have a center who hits one three a game???

silverblk mystix
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Imagine if the lakers would have given up on Bynum because he was a foul machine a year or two ago...

not that bynum is that great...but his length gives other teams (like the spurs and small ball) many problems...

they allowed him to PLAY...and now he is not that bad...

if Ian got that kind of a chance....he would at least be better than the garbage that is bonner...

Ian has something you cannot teach....height and length and jumping ability on top of that...

i want to punch Pop right in the fucking mouth right now...

but hairston....geez that guy is ready NOW...

it is just frustrating to watch pop's decline and apparent onset of senility...

easy7
02-27-2010, 09:23 AM
But Bonner can spread the floor for Duncan... :lmao

PublicOption
02-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Pop drinks too much fucking alcohol.

The Truth #6
02-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Is Pop afraid to have to actually coach? It seems like he wants players he doesn't have to do anything with. In fact he complements Blair for making plays without being coached. To me that's another way of saying "I don't coach anyone and have no interest to." Sadly at this point I'd agree with him. He would probably only mess with a players head in trying to change their game. But still I wonder - if he doesn't even coach Blair who does play, then what attention do the other young players get. Obviously the answer is "not much". If that actually is Pops attitude then I don't see what future the team has with him. We are going to need to rebuild a lot or completely in the next two years. Instead I see us doing nothing - taking the easiest path for Pop until he retires.