PDA

View Full Version : God bless those young souls

ffadicted
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Fighting till the end of the fourth while pop gives up on the game with over 12 minutes left and leaves his stars on the bench. Hairston, Ian, Hill, and I'll even say Jefferson (at the end) showed heart and pride, I'm proud of them.

Fuck sakes Pop I love you man, but I'm sick of your shit. Giving up the game so early, what's up with that? Why do you guys think he gave up in the 3rd with so much time left on the clock. Oh wait that's right, he ALWAYS fucking does this.

:nope

Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm sure he's sick of your shit.

None the less, fuck Pop.

timtonymanu
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
God bless Hill/Ian/Blair/Malik.

Pop needs to get rid of that experience wins crap. The experience of Finley/Dice/Bogans = 0 points.

The young guys = 52 points.

And you cant say it was scrub time because the Rockets played their starters most of that 4th qtr.

TJastal
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
If Blair hadn't have gotten so many poor calls on him (mostly with Scola's flops) this game would have been a great comeback victory with the young guys leading the charge.

TJastal
02-26-2010, 11:14 PM
I like that 2nd unit btw, w/ Manu/Jefferson/Mason/Ian/Blair ... great energy lineup

MaNu4Tres
This game was a blessing in disguise.

Hairston and Mahimni need to be in the rotation over Bonner/Bogans and Finley.

If this game doesn't wake Pop up, I don't know what will.

BadOne
I agree. Look, I'll admit I always thought Mahinmi was a bust because of his 7 foul average per game in the D-League, but tonight, he and Malik proved one thing...they may not be Manu and Tim reincarnated, but they've got potential. If Pop would simply give them a chance, than alot of people would be fine with that. Especially Ian and Malik.

I can't think of players [outside of the big 3] that Pop has been willing to develop other than George Hill and to a degree DeJuan Blair. If he did right with those kids, than he should try some more patience with Ian and Malik.

I don't think they're the answers, but they fought when they were supposed to be the garbage time players. This game was clearly lost in the 1st qtr by players not named Tim Duncan.

I'm sure Pop would like the fans to be patient. Maybe its time he took that advise and gave Malik and Ian just a little more playing time.

As for this game...as old as its getting...yes their were some things to be glad about, but I assure you TD is not seeing it that way.

Come on Spurs or should I say POP...get it together! :flag:

TJastal
throw Hairston in there for Mason too

Chomag
02-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Fighting till the end of the fourth while pop gives up on the game with over 12 minutes left and leaves his stars on the bench. Hairston, Ian, Hill, and I'll even say Jefferson (at the end) showed heart and pride, I'm proud of them.

Fuck sakes Pop I love you man, but I'm sick of your shit. Giving up the game so early, what's up with that? Why do you guys think he gave up in the 3rd with so much time left on the clock. Oh wait that's right, he ALWAYS fucking does this.

:nope

Easy, becuase he would have to actualy put out the effort to coach.

jjktkk
02-27-2010, 12:16 AM
If Blair hadn't have gotten so many poor calls on him (mostly with Scola's flops) this game would have been a great comeback victory with the young guys leading the charge.

Yea those Argentinians know how to flop. They are taught at an early age. :lol

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 01:46 AM
just saw the 2nd half.. hopefully this means they'll get some regular burn. no harm in that.

poop
02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
God bless Hill/Ian/Blair/Malik.

Pop needs to get rid of that experience wins crap. The experience of Finley/Dice/Bogans = 0 points.

The young guys = 52 points.

And you cant say it was scrub time because the Rockets played their starters most of that 4th qtr.

if thats not an incredibly telling stat i dont know what is.

if Pop stays stubborn next game/s, then seriously i dont know how even the most diehard Popologists can keep defending him.

SenorSpur
02-27-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm just so energized by the play of the reserves. Guys that look hungry, active and play with such a sense of urgency. Besides Manu, that sense of urgency is lacking in the Spurs long-time veterans. Even RJ looked inspired by the reserves.

It was a thrill seeing those guys sell-out, give great hustle and effort and even claw their way back from such a large deficit. Seems to have a contagious effect.

I wonder how Pop feels now having seen his deep reserves put forth such an effort? It makes this stubborn decision to keep these guys glued to the bench look like a flawed one. He really has no grounds for this decision, other than the fact that he's the boss and can do what he wants. Still, he's coming off looking like a dumb-ass for it. He'll probably side with his ego and continue to keep these guys on the bench.

I generally don't watch replays of Spurs losses, but I'll make an exception for this game.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 04:32 AM
I betcha Bogans logs more minutes in the first quarter of the next game than Hairston and Mahinmi combine for the game, barring a blowout by Phoenix.

TDMVPDPOY
02-27-2010, 04:37 AM
another +20pt game from ghill3....:D:D

team-work
02-27-2010, 05:01 AM
For those including me who advocated to give the young players a chance, it was a game which didn't disappoint (except for the loss of course). Rebuilding is inevitable. Let's get it done properly. Pop needs to balance the trust of veterans with the need to develop young players.

bigdog
02-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I loved watching Malik and Ian out there with GHill, Mase, and RJ. All of them played their asses off and I like what Malik and Ian bring to the team. Hopefully this means more playing time for Ian and maybe even Malik, but knowing Pop, he'll forget about both of them the rest of the season.

ffadicted
02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I loved watching Malik and Ian out there with GHill, Mase, and RJ. All of them played their asses off and I like what Malik and Ian bring to the team. Hopefully this means more playing time for Ian and maybe even Malik, but knowing Pop, he'll forget about both of them the rest of the season.

Ian already had a great game and then didn't even play legitimately for ages

OldSilentHill
02-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes. And it means hope for the future!

PS: Manu has a young and hungry soul. Tim too, itīs just that he is the ice-man, but the best and consistent player ALWAYS.

spurs10
02-27-2010, 04:52 PM
"Who the hell is Ian Mahinmi ?"

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Hill had a helluva a night. he shot the ball with confidence. ian malik and blair also played well.