Sigz
02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
okay.

Kobe Molested Me
02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
I knew all along Robin was the better Lopez

pauls931
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll never stop asking how he magically in a couple weeks time went from fouling out in under 10 minutes to lasting a game.

Chieflion
02-26-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll never stop asking how he magically in a couple weeks time went from fouling out in under 10 minutes to lasting a game.

Same here. What the heck happened?

redzero
02-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Robin took his vitamins.

sribb43
02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Drew Gooden thuggin' it up :lmao

Xylus
02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Drew Gooden just threw Lopez to the ground out of frustration. :lol

redzero
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Gooden got that behavior from the classless Mavericks.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Needs to get a softer touch around the basket. His hook is straight-line and thrown almost in stead of flicked softly with an arc. If he improves his hook, he can be a consistent 16-18/8-10 type of C.

Jeremy
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Dragic 1 assist from his career-high again! As a backup this time.

pauls931
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Damn, 30pts 12 rebs for Lopez, 10 assists for Dragic, and most of the starters got to sit the 4th without a gigantic lead. Way to go bench!

Jeremy
02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Dragic tied his career high from the OKC game with his 10 assists--this time in a backup role. Wow.

Xylus
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
God damn, Kerr is looking like a genius with those draft picks.

Jeremy
02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Think Earl Clark will look this good next season? Hehe.

pauls931
02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
God damn, Kerr is looking like a genius with those draft picks.

I'm not sure if it took time or if they were just handled very poorly the first year. I'm still in shock how Lopez turned from a lumbering foul magnet to a decent center over night.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Same here. What the heck happened?

Timing. As his minutes have increased/become consistent, his fouls per 10 minute average has decreased. He went from averaging 2.9 fouls per 10 minutes in November to 2 per 10 in December to 1.3 per 10 in January to 1.1 per 10 thus far in February. When you're a big man, timing is just about everything.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Think Earl Clark will look this good next season? Hehe.

I loved the Earl Clark pick. Poor-mans Granger. Not joking. Not as assertive, which is the main difference, but there's no reason he can't develop into a 15-point, 7-rebound comboforward with good range and nice touch inside.

We'll have to see...

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 12:06 AM
excellent, just used my waivers on him.

Jeremy
02-27-2010, 01:09 AM
I wonder when's the last time an NBA and/or Suns team had two players in double figures in assists in the same game?? And the Clippers almost did it, too! (Davis 8, Blake 9)

I suppose Kidd and KJ may have done it.

Xylus
02-27-2010, 01:11 AM
I believe Barbosa and Nash did it a few years ago, but I can't remember what game it was.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-27-2010, 01:20 AM
My two concerns from this win is Nash shot horribly again and Amare's D was shitty. Other than that Dragic and Lopez continue to impress and show that they could be the long term future at C and PG, they seem to be involving J-Rich consistently, and Dudley is playing well.

Clark should start getting some of Frye and Amundson's minutes. Lou has gotten away from being the gritty defensive player he was last year, he's making stupid mistakes and is not staying within himself on offense. Dragic looked horrible in the 1st half because his two big men were Frye and Amundson, no semi-decent pick and roll options at all. Clark needs to start getting incorporated, and when he's in, he needs to do more than camp and shoot 20 footers.

Xylus
02-27-2010, 01:23 AM
My two concerns from this win is Nash shot horribly again and Amare's D was shitty. Other than that Dragic and Lopez continue to impress and show that they could be the long term future at C and PG, they seem to be involving J-Rich consistently, and Dudley is playing well.

Amare looked like he wasn't really interested in this game at all.

Jeremy
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
I've been disappointed to see Amare end his strong rebounding efforts the last two games.

Plus the entire team defense was poor this game.

Jeremy
02-27-2010, 02:18 AM
I believe Barbosa and Nash did it a few years ago, but I can't remember what game it was.

Yeah, I think I may recall that happening, too, now that you mentioned it.

EDIT: Maybe we're thinking of this game where LB had his career-high 12 assists, but Nash only had 9: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200611110PHO.html

pauls931
02-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Amare looked like he wasn't really interested in this game at all.

Probably because he was being used as a decoy allowing Lopez to up some serious numbers.

What i liked about this game is that it appears the suns may have two functional teams, not just starters and a bench. Now when other teams sub, the suns just leave fry, dragic, dudley, and Lopez in and lay the hurt to them. At least it may work vs teams with a shallow bench.

Chieflion
02-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Timing. As his minutes have increased/become consistent, his fouls per 10 minute average has decreased. He went from averaging 2.9 fouls per 10 minutes in November to 2 per 10 in December to 1.3 per 10 in January to 1.1 per 10 thus far in February. When you're a big man, timing is just about everything.

That's good. More legit centers is good for the league. Thinking about Robin Lopez the foul machine makes me think about Ian and Pop.

boston.balla
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
comparing lopez to ian is unfair. lopez seems to have a much better game. Him being foul prone comes from bad timing not bad defensive plays (that and the fact that suns perimiter d is swaitzer like )

lefty
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Did I miss something

Did the Suns and Nets make a trade I don't know about?

LOL those teams could make a trade after the deadline, the NBA wouldn't notice

Spurfan
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
comparing lopez to ian is unfair. lopez seems to have a much better game. Him being foul prone comes from bad timing not bad defensive plays (that and the fact that suns perimiter d is swaitzer like )

Wrong, comparing Lopez to Mahinmi isn't fair because Lopez has not accomplished half of what Mahinmi has accomplished in the D-league. Lets see Lopez earn first all developmental league honors like Mahinmi, then maybe you can compare the two.

Pero
02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Wrong, comparing Lopez to Mahinmi isn't fair because Lopez has not accomplished half of what Mahinmi has accomplished in the D-league. Lets see Lopez earn first all developmental league honors like Mahinmi, then maybe you can compare the two.

God, I hope this is a joke. :lol

mojorizen7
02-27-2010, 01:03 PM
At some point the light came ON for Lopez and it looks as though we've got a young legitamit bigman.
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving franchise....:lol

Seriously though, I have shit on Kerr for the Lopez pick,but it seems that he may be less incompetent than initially thought as a GM.

The Good
-Move Marion who was obviously a product of DA's system(and a primadonna pain in the ass) and wanted to get PAID.
-Draft Lopez and watch him play like a complete stiff for over a year and not give up(like I did)
-Draft Dragic in rd 2.
-Move Raja Bell's faded game and Diaw's lazy ass and fat contract for a major upgrade in JRich and the younger hustle-game of JDuds.
-Move Shaq's contract.
-After receiving lukewarm offers for Amare over the last 2 years he didn't cave and accept a shit deal just to make a deal.

The Bad
- Extending Nash is going to prove to be a mistake even IF his body doesn't break down, because Dragic is going to be ready to lead next season, and Kerr will be in NO POSITION to hand over the car keys with Nashy continuing to dominate the ball and make sure everybody's having fun.
- If you were in favor of extending Nash then i guess the Grant Hill extension was just icing.....if not(like myself) bringing Hill back was salt on an open wound. Valuable minutes taken away from Duds and the rook E.Clark were imediately reduced with Hill on board to help us(Nash) win 45 games. I would have preferred a "Thanks for your services Grant,good luck to you in the future[handshake]."
-Matt Barnes and his reckless turnovers were sent packing. Ok fine, but we also sent his nastatude packing which is something this team is severely lacking in. The choir boy mentality act is growing "old." Not to mention that Barnes played well here for the most part and could D up on the perimeter.
With the addition of JDuds the casual loss of Barnes is forgiven but not forgotten ; )

The Ugly
Kerr came in here as the new GM and said all the things that I wanted to hear:This team needs to get better defensively and find a committment to playing defense. So D'Umbtoni walks and the table is set to rebuild this team and finally move away from the SSOL garbage that got us nothing but a shitload of reg season victories & postseason dissappointment........
STILL WAITING..........STILL WAITING........STILL WAITING.......
oh wait, we changed from SSOL to Fun and fucking Gun.....I got it, its about Sarver and the bottom line:greedy:greedy My bad .:bang

Jeremy
02-28-2010, 12:17 AM
You forgot about the Kurt Thomas and two 1st-rounders for nothing trade.

And we should have ended up with at least a 1st-round draft pick after trading Marion and Shaq--instead of nothing.