PDA

View Full Version : Rasho looked good last night

Solid D
05-01-2005, 03:20 PM
His defense, his "bothers", his 5 offensive rebounds, his screens, his effort...all important in last night's W.

I thought Rasho looked more comfortable and seemed to have a better +/- effect on the team than did Nazr. His ankle seems to be healing nicely.

Nazr really was laboring offensively. How many times did he get the ball in the lane in scoring position and take 3 forevers to go up with the shot or dunk attempt? Slllloooowwwww. Maybe the thin air caused him to go into Energy Saver mode or Safe Mode or something.

http://www.cbv.ns.ca/marigold/history/dinosaurs/datafiles/diplodocuspic.jpg

timvp
05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Rasho looked good. The Spurs look to just play a whole lot better when he's on the court.

Nazr plays like Samaki + Malik / 2. When he gets the ball in traffic, he always does the same thing: one power dribble, double pumpfake, travel, go up and either 1) get blocked 2) get fouled 3) dunk (in that order).

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Maybe the thin air caused him to go into Energy Saver mode or Safe Mode or something.

:lmao

I thought the Slovenians both played well last night.

SequSpur
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Homo Forum.

Mr. Body
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Nazr had a great, active first game, but easily had his worst game last night. He started off badly by biting on Camby's jump-fake that led to Duncan's first foul, and didn't look that great after. Rasho had a good impact off the bench - I'm glad he's back.

Solid D
05-01-2005, 03:27 PM
:lol timvp

Nazr does good "tip-in" though. He's got a natural sense about him in that department.

Solid D
05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
This thread was Sequ bait. So failsafe and predictable. :smokin

Slo spurs fan
05-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Can someone tell me how Beno played last game? And did he played when it counts or just in garbage time? PLZ!

Slo spurs fan
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
You know, I MISS TIMVP GRADES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! :depressed

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Can someone tell me how Beno played last game? And did he played when it counts or just in garbage time? PLZ!

He played in critical stretches and played very well. He didn't knock down his threes but he hit important jumpers, stayed aggressive, and played good D. Somewhere between Game 1 and Game 2 Beno learned how to move his feet on defense. I don't know who taught him, but I'll credit Bruce -- the master of defensive footwork.

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 03:57 PM
To give you an idea how good Beno was playing, even Sequ was chanting for them to put Beno in the game.

Slo spurs fan
05-01-2005, 03:57 PM
WOW this is great to see!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

Slo spurs fan
05-01-2005, 03:58 PM
To give you an idea how good Beno was playing, even Sequ was chanting for them to put Beno in the game.

You can't be serious about this one!!! :wow :wow :wow

:lol

Slomo
05-01-2005, 04:30 PM
You can't be serious about this one!!! :wow :wow :wow

:lol
What is even more troubling is what he is wearing while rooting for Beno! (look at the GTG pictures) :lol

Note to Solid D: I thought it took surprisingly long for Sequ to post in here :)

SequSpur
05-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Looking good and playing good are two totally different descriptions. The topic is just homoish in my opinion.

cherylsteele
05-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Looking good and playing good are two totally different descriptions. The topic is just homoish in my opinion.

You are another one of those who only looks at the box score to give your "in depth analysis" of the game or a player?

Rasho clogged the lane and helped limit the drives to the basket by the Nuggets.

Oh.....I guess you still think Manu sucks....even after how he played game 3.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Sequ totally loves players whose names end in vowels.

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Damn, Sequ, do you actually watch the games?

Rasho will never be a big stat guy, he does all the little things like Cherylsteele mentioned.

T Park
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
"Man, Rasho dived for that ball, man, he is the reason they are winning. GO RASHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Direct quote from Sequ last night BTW.

ShoogarBear
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Pop should fine Nazr every time he dribbles underneath the hoop.

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
You guys aren't reading what Sequ is saying.

He's trying to say that Rasho PLAYED good. He's saying that saying that he LOOKED good is "homoish".

Dre_7
05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Pop should fine Nazr every time he dribbles underneath the hoop.

:lol :lol
Yeah, I love his rebounding, but he just needs to take it up right away!!

SequSpur
05-01-2005, 06:56 PM
You are another one of those who only looks at the box score to give your "in depth analysis" of the game or a player?

Rasho clogged the lane and helped limit the drives to the basket by the Nuggets.

Oh.....I guess you still think Manu sucks....even after how he played game 3.

What are stats? I only go by wins and losses. Where have you been Cheryl?

BTW.. are you a COTA?

Obstructed_View
05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
You guys aren't reading what Sequ is saying.

He's trying to say that Rasho PLAYED good. He's saying that saying that he LOOKED good is "homoish".
Oh. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Wait, that isn't funny.

cherylsteele
05-02-2005, 09:25 AM
What are stats? I only go by wins and losses. Where have you been Cheryl?

BTW.. are you a COTA?

They are winning with Rasho....plus the Opp Def FG% is much better when he has played.

What in the world is a COTA?

Taco
05-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Nazr plays like Samaki + Malik / 2. When he gets the ball in traffic, he always does the same thing: one power dribble, double pumpfake, travel, go up and either 1) get blocked 2) get fouled 3) dunk (in that order).

AMEN

THAT PUMPFAKE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Doug Collins
05-02-2005, 09:49 AM
As long as Rasho doesnt bring about vagina-mode onto the rest of the team i'm cool with his play.

Btw vagina-mode = playing like a huge vagina

Dingle Barry
05-02-2005, 10:01 AM
What do vaginas play like?

p.s. you can't respond with "rasho" :pctoss

Doug Collins
05-02-2005, 10:05 AM
What do vaginas play like?

p.s. you can't respond with "rasho" :pctoss

Soft and squeeshy, like rasho.

Dingle Barry
05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Yes but with an open vag, you have a chance to score! LOL!!!!!!11

:smokin :hat :spin :blah :lol

:cat

:owned

Doug Collins
05-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes but with an open vag, you have a chance to score! LOL!!!!!!11

:smokin :hat :spin :blah :lol

:cat

:owned

ROFL to the kooter joke!

wildbill2u
05-02-2005, 12:06 PM
AMEN

THAT PUMPFAKE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Not to mention the obligatory dribble before the pump :rolleyes

I don't know if those "moves" are so hardwired into his circuits that they can't be erased, but if he gets some coaching on eliminating them, the guy could be a real force in the paint.

Meantime, his opponents know exactly what he's gonna do. Oh well, he rebounds great and you can't have everything.

T Park
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
if he goes straight up with it he would get blocked then you guys would bitch about that.

Whatever.....

boutons
05-02-2005, 04:33 PM
How long has Nazr been playing basketball, at any level?

If he can't figure his own moves, or watch other players, haven't any coaches worked with him on his moves?

Take the ball down, already a no-no, AND dribble under the basket? just amazing.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
if he goes straight up with it he would get blocked then you guys would bitch about that.

Whatever.....

Nope. A guy 6'10" with Nazr's strength and hops taking it straight up strong will at minimum get a foul.

texbumTHElife
05-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Nope. A guy 6'10" with Nazr's strength and hops taking it straight up strong will at minimum get a foul.

I havent been all that impressed with Nazr's hops. The funny thing is that as bad as his hands are at accepting passes they are that f'n good at pulling down boards. Maybe we should throw the guy some oops since his hands seem to function better around the rim.

I agree with the previous poster though, take is up strong with two massive hands and you are getting two FT's at the least.

foodie2
05-02-2005, 04:47 PM

My husband calls Nazr "Saliki". :lol

cherylsteele
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM

Whatever.....

The problem is he frequently gets it blocked either way......pick your poison....if he were to do more like Timmy and not bring the ball down he would probably have more put backs.

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Nazr slammed the shit out of the ball yesterday. Weren't you all watching? oh.... you're used to the ferry throwing finger roll from Rasho......

WTF ever.

T Park
05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I havent been all that impressed with Nazr's hops.

Uh, its called a groin injury.

Things like his injury don't heal till the offseason.

But once again, dont let the "Rose" colored glasses get in your way.

cherylsteele
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Nazr slammed the shit out of the ball yesterday. Weren't you all watching? oh.... you're used to the ferry throwing finger roll from Rasho......

WTF ever.

Hmmmm......one slam out of how many chances?

Slo spurs fan
05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Hmmmm......one slam out of how many chances?

It doesn´t matter. The most important think is that he dunked the ball. :rolleyes

cherylsteele
05-04-2005, 07:42 PM
It doesn´t matter. The most important think is that he dunked the ball. :rolleyes

If it is blocked it isn't a dunk now is it?

Just because someone can jump and dunk doesn't make him a good player. There have been scores of players who can jump and dunk and did them no good.

angel_luv
05-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Rasho always looks good and he plays well too!=)