PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Popologists tonight???

poop
02-27-2010, 01:34 AM
funny it seems pretty quiet from the Popologist crowd...you know EricB, Chumpdump and the lot....where are they? shouldnt they all be here putting us in our places, saying that its only another fluke and that Mahinmi and Malik are just scrubs and that the great 4-rings genius pop is smarter than all of us and that Bonner is still the best and that mahinmi is worthless compared to him etc....

strangely quiet from the Popologists, id like to hear their opinion about what ensued tonight.

spursrocks
02-27-2010, 01:42 AM
with that starting line up? poopoobitch is officially retarded. even if he sees hairston n mahinmi playing way better than fins and the bogners(bogan n bonner), i have a feeling poopoobitch is still stuborn to play his beloved fin and bogners the next game against phoenix.
really really sad year for spurs and duncan.

StoneBuddha
02-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I knew we were in trouble when I saw Finley in the starting line-up. OMG.

jjktkk
02-27-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm here.

Manudo Flopo
02-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Fat lips is a cock sucker and chumpdumper an ass kisser

gospursgojas
02-27-2010, 04:19 AM
They are waiting for timvp's opinion so they have theirs....

I am very interested in what happens Sunday, an important day game on nat tv.

Pop's obvious move to salvage any type of success to this season even if its just developing young talant is staring him in the face:
NO MORE BFB, MORE IAN AND MALIK.

Can't wait to see how you respond pop...can't wait

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Should they actually get minutes, the first time one of them has an inevitable bad game or turns the ball over, the pologs will be back.

polandprzem
02-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Nice that we have garbage guys Pop can throw there. If anybody thinks they are saviours are ridiculous.

TJastal
02-27-2010, 07:08 AM
funny it seems pretty quiet from the Popologist crowd...you know EricB, Chumpdump and the lot....where are they? shouldnt they all be here putting us in our places, saying that its only another fluke and that Mahinmi and Malik are just scrubs and that the great 4-rings genius pop is smarter than all of us and that Bonner is still the best and that mahinmi is worthless compared to him etc....

strangely quiet from the Popologists, id like to hear their opinion about what ensued tonight.

They are all at their Popped shrines, fervently praying for divine intervention and thinking up reasons they can use that Bogans and Finley aren't really all that bad.

Chumpdumper's secretly hoping Malik and Ian both get sent back to the Toros so he actually has something decent to watch again.

G-Dawgg
02-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Popovich sucks. He owes all his career wins to riding Duncans coattails. Now that he actually needs to make some real coaching decisions the Spurs are in sh!t.. Wasn't it him who said that after the offseason signings they got that he should be fired if they didn't win it all this year? Well... Fire the Bastard already!!!

G-Dawgg
02-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Hmm just makes me think, I guess Bowen and Oberto were just THAT AWSOME and far from old and washed-up huh??? Or is Popovich just an F'n goof? Oh and all that Tony Parker injured/sick crap is probably his excuse to lose games and not have his job be put in jeopardy for being such a retarded coach.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Nice that we have garbage guys Pop can throw there. If anybody thinks they are saviours are ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is thinking Keith Bogans and Michael Finley are saviours. If Hairston and Mahinmi can get minutes, contribute, and help salvage this season, then saviours is exactly what they are.

SenorSpur
02-27-2010, 10:45 AM

I couldn't believe when I saw his old-ass trotting out there with the starting lineup. It was then I declared that the coach has officially lost it. I don't care how awful RJ is playing, there's no way Finley plays ahead of him.

exstatic
02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
WTF? He did what you wanted, played the kids, and WE LOST.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
They are there. I know they are! However they are a bit low on material to use right now.

They will be here the moment Malik, and or Ian make 1 little mistake. I guarantee it.

SenorSpur
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
They didn't lose because of the kids. They lost because the starters and regular rotation veteran players sucked. HAd it not been for the efforts of Blair, Ian, Hairston, RJ, Hill and Mason, that game would've easily been a 20-pt+ blowout. Anyone who watched the game could see that these guys clawed their way back in and made the game competitive.

SenorSpur
02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
No, what's ridiculous is thinking Keith Bogans and Michael Finley are saviours. If Hairston and Mahinmi can get minutes, contribute, and help salvage this season, then saviours is exactly what they are.

It's also ridiculous to think that the Spurs are going to make any kind of deep playoff run with this roster. This year is lost. May as well see what you have at the end of the bench.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Hmm just makes me think, I guess Bowen and Oberto were just THAT AWSOME and far from old and washed-up huh??? Or is Popovich just an F'n goof? Oh and all that Tony Parker injured/sick crap is probably his excuse to lose games and not have his job be put in jeopardy for being such a retarded coach.

This just might be the first time we have seen Pop with not a good team. Half ass coaching just doesn't cut it when you don't have the luxury of having certain players in their prime.

I wonder how man rings he would have had, had Spurs not been able to get TD in the draft and been lucky with Manu, Tony, and bowen. I guess we will never really know. However watching this season especially, makes one wonder.

TimDunkem
02-27-2010, 11:44 AM
should they actually get minutes, the first time one of them has an inevitable bad game or turns the ball over, the pologs will be back.
+1
Guaranteed.

Warlord23
02-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I wonder how man rings he would have had, had Spurs not been able to get TD in the draft and been lucky with Manu, Tony, and bowen. I guess we will never really know. However watching this season especially, makes one wonder.

To be fair, had TD not been around, the Spurs wouldn't have a single ring no matter who the coach was.

However, I still maintain that Pop getting checkmated by Avery in 2006 could have been easily avoided if he didn't have his head up his ass.

TimDunkem
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
No one is saying that? Are you blind? Of course they're not saviors, but this team is going nowhere with a 10 man rotation with Bogans, Finley, and Bonner getting big minutes.

Might as well give them more PT and develop their talent for next season!

pookenstein
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
They didn't lose because of the kids. They lost because the starters and regular rotation veteran players sucked. HAd it not been for the efforts of Blair, Ian, Hairston, RJ, Hill and Mason, that game would've easily been a 20-pt+ blowout. Anyone who watched the game could see that these guys clawed their way back in and made the game competitive.

This.
But there are several problems with this group:
1. they are young
2. they are athletic
3. they are not small enough
4. see 1.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Look, to those that feel the need to mock us with "Malik or, Ian the saviour LOL" None of has said that inserting these guys will win the championship but it will provide a positive lift going forward to an otherwise dismal season.

Cane
02-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Pop made a good decision sticking with the former Toros on the court to finish the game. Unfortunately the veterans sucked (Duncan has looked frustrated since the all star game), Parker was injured, and then Blair and Hill got fouled out in the 4th.

Gotta like the young guys effort, it'll be interesting to see if thats earned them more consideration since energy and hustle have been lacking all season. You'd think being 7th in the standings would be enough motivation but :wow

alchemist
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
This just might be the first time we have seen Pop with not a good team. Half ass coaching just doesn't cut it when you don't have the luxury of having certain players in their prime.

This is stupid logic, how many Championships has Phil won without an All-Time Top 11 Player & great role players? Riley? Red?

-------------
And you guys are fucking idiots if you think Ian and Malik are the saviors. If Tony, Tim, Manu don't play at an All-Star level (at the same time) you're not going to do much in the post-season. Playing Ian and Malik might get you some more regular season wins but it'll be false hope. Role players are role players for a reason, they're not going to take over a game when shit hits the fan.

:whine

elbamba
02-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Nobody is stupid enough to see them as saviors, but they could be damn good role players to support the big 3. That is what the Spurs need, good role players to compliment their stars. Ian has shown again and again that he is better than KB, Bonner, Dice and Finley. The Spurs have gone small and spot 15 points every game. We then have to play catch up and with an old team, that is impossible.

It is really wierd how some people just don't grasp the concept that no one is asking pop to sit Duncan, Manu, Parker, Hill, Blair, Dice and Jefferson. We are asking Pop to use those players with Ian and Hairston. That is a sold 9 that could compete and run with the fast teams that wear down our vets and then run by them in a layup drill and open jump shot competition.

If we are going to lose, get something out of this season. Finley is done, if the Spurs resign him next year then they will lose fans. Bonner is done, h will not be on this team next year. KB is done, he wont be back either. We have real building blocks to put into place. If we draft right and get Splitter we could compete for a title next year. Lets face it, if Pop uses that starting lineup again, we are looking at a first round exit.

Brazil
02-27-2010, 12:40 PM
This is stupid logic, how many Championships has Phil won without an All-Time Top 11 Player & great role players? Riley? Red?

-------------
And you guys are fucking idiots if you think Ian and Malik are the saviors. If Tony, Tim, Manu don't play at an All-Star level (at the same time) you're not going to do much in the post-season. Playing Ian and Malik might get you some more regular season wins but it'll be false hope. Role players are role players for a reason, they're not going to take over a game when shit hits the fan.

Nobody is saying Ian and Malik are saviors. Season seems to be over, play the young guys to develop them... why it's so hard to understand ?

underdawg
02-27-2010, 01:22 PM

saviours no - athletic and hungry yes

Do you doubt their energy and effort have a positive effect on the rest of the roster? They're "raw" and probably not the first choice of any coach given their experience, but as a fan I'd like to see players get a shot while other players are struggling.

TJastal
02-27-2010, 01:28 PM
So true. Maybe they are a secrete meeting at Buffalo Wild wings formulating there response...

:lmao

<snippet of conversation in between chewing sounds>

So, guys here's the situation... mmmm good wings can you pass the buffalo sauce? thanks.. we need to find something good Bogans did in the game.. something we can say hey fuck off pop haters he's still a defensive stopper and better than Roger Mason....uh.. hell can you guys think of anything off hand? We need to keep selling the masses on his Bruce Bowen potential, because his offense isn't the greatest.. I need something here guys..

(pauses, waiting for answers.... nothing but chewing noises)

The Truth #6
02-27-2010, 01:39 PM

-------------

So given that the Big 3 aren't playing like All Stars and probably won't be together again, are you saying the window is over? Should we tank? What are you proposing?

alchemist
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Nobody is saying Ian and Malik are saviors. Season seems to be over, play the young guys to develop them... why it's so hard to understand ?
There's 78 Million dollars on the line, you think Holt and his group will allow it? I don't.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Role players aren't asked to take over the game, What they can do is keep the ship afloat while the starters rest.

Hell, even if the starers are struggling, they can even change the game with some key energy and hustle. No one is asking for Mahinmi and Hairston to get 40 minutes a night, but at least they contribute in a positive fashion. For the 100th time, Bogans, Finley and Bonner are doing zilch. You could bring middle school girls to play their positions and you'd still get the same result. For all the talk about the Spurs "depth" it's hilarious how Pop seems to find the worst lineups possible and run them into the ground with far too many minutes.

I honestly believe there are some fans on here who could easily come up with better lineups than Pop. Even when Phil Jackson had a shitty Lakers team between 2005 through 2007, he still managed to push the WCF 2006 Suns to 7 games by actually COACHING.

The Truth #6
02-27-2010, 01:55 PM
There's 78 Million dollars on the line, you think Holt and his group will allow it? I don't.

I don't know - Bogans is just as much a scrub as Hairston in the whole scheme of things. I don't see how Holt would have a fit with one more than the other, because as you said it all depends on the coordinated excellence of the Big 3, which isn't happening.

I wouldn't look at like developing anymore than realizing that most of our players suck and if we're going to use 20 different starting lineups, then clearly something isn't working, so why not try some young athletic players who know the system and who might help on defense, rather than getting out the calculator and trying to find how many mathematical ways there are to rearrange a staring lineup consisting of scrubs/role players like Finley, Masons, Bogans, and Bonner.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Becuase Spurs are doing so well and are in great shape right now... :rolleyes

alchemist
02-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't know - Bogans is just as much a scrub as Hairston in the whole scheme of things. I don't see how Holt would have a fit with one more than the other, because as you said it all depends on the coordinated excellence of the Big 3, which isn't happening.

I wouldn't look at like developing anymore than realizing that most of our players suck and if we're going to use 20 different starting lineups, then clearly something isn't working, so why not try some young athletic players who know the system and who might help on defense, rather than getting out the calculator and trying to find how many mathematical ways there are to rearrange a staring lineup consisting of scrubs/role players like Finley, Masons, Bogans, and Bonner.
I don't disagree that we should give the young guns some extended time but all it will do is provide some false hope, which I'm sure some folks around here will be satisfied with.

alchemist
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Becuase Spurs are doing so well and are in great shape right now... :rolleyes
I like that Phil response :rolleyes

Chomag
02-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't disagree that we should give the young guns some extended time but all it will do is provide some false hope, which I'm sure some folks around here will be satisfied with.

False hope that they may play well? Yep, can't let that happen.

Don't want to make Pop look stupid and all... Oh wait,I don't think he really needs that much help there right now.:downspin:

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 02:14 PM
It's also ridiculous to think that the Spurs are going to make any kind of deep playoff run with this roster. This year is lost. May as well see what you have at the end of the bench.

Put Manu and Duncan and a healthy Tony Parker with guys that have some ability and can defend like Hairston and Mahinmi and guys that always produce like Blair and Hill and ride vets like Dice and RJ when they're hot and I don't think there's a team in the league the Spurs are absolutely incapable of beating when they're playing with confidence.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Okay, if by giving the Spurs a chance in the playoffs is saviours then maybe that's what I'm saying they are. It's funny how hustle and defense are contagious. It'd be nice to get Blair, Hill, Mahinmi and Hairston all getting enough minutes to infect everyone else with both. With the right mix of everyone that played last night they probably beat the Rockets by a significant margin. The only thing that might have kept it close is Houston's free throw percentage, but the Spurs would likely foul less with guys that defend the paint and grab rebounds.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2010, 02:19 PM
saviours no - athletic and hungry yes

Do you doubt their energy and effort have a positive effect on the rest of the roster? They're "raw" and probably not the first choice of any coach given their experience, but as a fan I'd like to see players get a shot while other players are struggling.

Why do people keep saying that a guy who's been with the Spurs for five years and another guy who's been with the Spurs for two years are "raw"? There's a far better case to be made that any mistakes they make are more attributable to rust in most cases. Nobody with a pair of eyes and without an agenda can deny they can play.

itzsoweezee
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM
They are waiting for timvp's opinion so they have theirs....

lol. so true

alchemist
02-27-2010, 02:50 PM
False hope that they may play well? Yep, can't let that happen.

Don't want to make Pop look stupid and all... Oh wait,I don't think he really needs that much help there right now.:downspin:
No you idiot, false hope as in people like you thinking they have any chance with a 2010 Parker/Tim/Manu.

DMX7
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
present.

exstatic
02-27-2010, 03:15 PM

Pssst. Phil Jackson lost twice in the first round (2006,2007) to Suns teams we spanked easily, with only Kobe. Good coaching can't overcome a mediocre roster.

exstatic
02-27-2010, 03:21 PM

Because if you develop Ian at this point, he gets snatched? Why is THAT so hard to understand?

Chomag
02-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I like that Phil response :rolleyes

I think Phil might be a bit overated himself and he could be exploited soon as he was when Chicago lost MJ. And I'm wondering how even Phil got into this. I never even said his name anywhere only you were the one that brought his name up. So I'm a bit confused on how I made a Phil response?

FeZZy
02-27-2010, 03:27 PM
antiboss

TimDunkem
02-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Because if you develop Ian at this point, he gets snatched? Why is THAT so hard to understand?
Why didn't they pick up his option then?

Chomag
02-27-2010, 03:30 PM

-------------

Again, I never even brought the Man up.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Spurs didn't pick up his option. Even if this was so why in the world would Ian want to play for someone who would be trying to low-ball him?

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 03:33 PM
You idiots can't read.

I am not surprised.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 03:44 PM

strangely quiet from the Popologists, id like to hear their opinion about what ensued tonight.I'm glad they got minutes, idiot. I think it has been a long time coming.

They are all at their Popped shrines, fervently praying for divine intervention and thinking up reasons they can use that Bogans and Finley aren't really all that bad.

Chumpdumper's secretly hoping Malik and Ian both get sent back to the Toros so he actually has something decent to watch again.Nah, it's been quite decent without him, idiot.

Thanks for thinking about me, idiots, but my thoughts on Pop this season are a matter of record. You idiots didn't read it then, so you probably won't read it now.

NFGIII
02-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Put Manu and Duncan and a healthy Tony Parker with guys that have some ability and can defend like Hairston and Mahinmi and guys that always produce like Blair and Hill and ride vets like Dice and RJ when they're hot and I don't think there's a team in the league the Spurs are absolutely incapable of beating when they're playing with confidence.

Unfortunately that isn't going to happen. Ian and Malik wont get the minutes neccessary to develop and TP's health along with the lack of chemistry has made this the most inconsistent Spurs team I've seen during the Duncan era and then some. So frustrating to watch and at this moment I really don't see them turning it around. There still remains that possibilty but I would think it more a miracle than a possible reality. I'm dreaming but I would give this team about another 10 games and if they hold the same PO position as they do now then I'd scrap the season and give Malik and the younger guys more PT, since I don't see this team making a deep run in the POs the way they are playing now. Probably wouidn't give Ian much since he is gone this summer unless he takes a low offer from the Spurs. AS exstatic stated earlier - why develop him so another team snatches him? At this point let him sit and ask him to attend training camp if he is available.

Chomag
02-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately that isn't going to happen. Ian and Malik wont get the minutes neccessary to develop and TP's health along with the lack of chemistry has made this the most inconsistent Spurs team I've seen during the Duncan era and then some. So frustrating to watch and at this moment I really don't see them turning it around. There still remains that possibilty but I would think it more a miracle than a possible reality. I'm dreaming but I would give this team about another 10 games and if they hold the same PO position as they do now then I'd scrap the season and give Malik and the younger guys more PT, since I don't see this team making a deep run in the POs the way they are playing now. Probably wouidn't give Ian much since he is gone this summer unless he takes a low offer from the Spurs. AS exstatic stated earlier - why develop him so another team snatches him? At this point let him sit and ask him to attend training camp if he is available.

I don't see how Ian would want to still be on this team since they have flat out told him he isnt good enough by not picking up his option. If the Spurs really wanted this kid they would have picked that option.

Unless Spurs FO is trying to low-ball him in which he or his agent might pick up on and give the FO the finger.

Teams such as NJ have shown interest in him. I also remember Larry brown speaking highly of him. He is a young athletic 7 footer with some promise, and thats something thats not widely available in the NBA Ian will be on the Bobcats team next season book it! Unless of course he starts getting some consistent minutes and the FO shows how much they want him to stay on this team.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
The Spurs might take Ian back at the minimum, but even then they don't care that much. He's just not a priority this summer. Get over the idea of keeping him.

itzsoweezee
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM
The Spurs might take Ian back at the minimum, but even then they don't care that much. He's just not a priority this summer. Get over the idea of keeping him.

No doubt. When it comes to the Spurs front office, think of what would be most logical. Then expect the front office to do the opposite.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 05:35 PM
No doubt. When it comes to the Spurs front office, think of what would be most logical. Then expect the front office to do the opposite.It's actually quite logical to not make Ian a priority this summer. Once his fourth year was not picked up, the Spurs' options with him were significantly reduced.

itzsoweezee
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
It's actually quite logical to not make Ian a priority this summer. Once his fourth year was not picked up, the Spurs' options with him were significantly reduced.

You mean, the Spurs gave up all of they're options with him. This outcome was the Spurs' choosing. Just like their choosing to stand pat during the trade season rather than making any moves with the numerous expiring contracts at their disposal.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
You mean, the Spurs gave up all of they're options with him.There are maybe two left. Not worth any gnashing of teeth IMO.
This outcome was the Spurs' choosing. Just like their choosing to stand pat during the trade season rather than making any moves with the numerous expiring contracts at their disposal.That was also pretty much preordained if you look at the financial situation. I know it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to them.

angelbelow
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree with chump, i dont see many scenarios where we resign Ian. We declined his option, we dont play him, pop has publically stated that he wont get an opportunity. I dont see how he can warmly agree to come back at a reduced price because hes gonna get offered a 3 milllion per year contract by some team that is willing to gamble.

underdawg
02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Why do people keep saying that a guy who's been with the Spurs for five years and another guy who's been with the Spurs for two years are "raw"? There's a far better case to be made that any mistakes they make are more attributable to rust in most cases. Nobody with a pair of eyes and without an agenda can deny they can play.

I'm a big Ian fan because I've always been impressed with his athleticism in Pre-season games and some of the Toros games, so I don't have an agenda against him. That said, I don't think it's an insult to say he's raw because he is - Scola's post moves on him were an example of that. Maybe my definition of raw is different than yours - a player that hasn't refined his game to its potential yet.

Maybe I'm optimistic with Hairston, but I think he has a long way to go on his potential (I'm pleased with his progress so far.) I also think both players would help the Spurs right now with more playing time - much more than they could ever hurt the team.

underdawg
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree with chump, i dont see many scenarios where we resign Ian. We declined his option, we dont play him, pop has publically stated that he wont get an opportunity. I dont see how he can warmly agree to come back at a reduced price because hes gonna get offered a 3 milllion per year contract by some team that is willing to gamble.

Makes playing him more make even more sense - don't worry about his value and try to use him to help the team this season and get something back for the investment in him.

If the current roster was effective or at least showed potential for playoff success, playing Ian would be moot.

jdelar03
02-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I would like to know when the Spurs have won a playoff series as underdogs or when injury or some other circumstance happened that the Spurs were able to go further in the playoffs than expected. I have seen this happen with Phil when kobe and I think odem were down 1 year.

PDXSpursFan
02-27-2010, 07:01 PM

+10 :lol

E-RockWill
02-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm glad they got minutes, idiot. I think it has been a long time coming.

Nah, it's been quite decent without him, idiot.

Thanks for thinking about me, idiots, but my thoughts on Pop this season are a matter of record. You idiots didn't read it then, so you probably won't read it now.

:lol @ chumpdumper being butthurt

MaNu4Tres
02-27-2010, 08:43 PM

If Channing Frye's market value was 1.9 million last year with a higher cap ( next year the cap is expected to be reduced, therefore players market value will go down), what makes you think Mahinmi's market value will be 3 million?

I have a feeling Spurs will be able to resign Mahinmi for cheaper than the 1.75 million he was projected to make if Spurs picked up his option next year.

MaNu4Tres
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Spurs brass might have known the future economic climate and were possibly aware that they could possibly save an extra million dollars by declining his option at 1.75 ( which would count 3.5 million against the luxury tax) and signing him to 1.25 mil over 2 or 3 years with a players option. ( That would count 2.5 million against the cap opposed to 3.5 million.)

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 11:29 PM
:lol @ chumpdumper being butthurtWho are you?

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm a big Ian fan because I've always been impressed with his athleticism in Pre-season games and some of the Toros games, so I don't have an agenda against him. That said, I don't think it's an insult to say he's raw because he is - Scola's post moves on him were an example of that. Maybe my definition of raw is different than yours - a player that hasn't refined his game to its potential yet.

I understand where you're coming from, but raw is what Ian was 3 years ago. He's pretty clearly developed into an NBA player. He's not just a big guy who can run fast.

Scola's post moves against him could indicate a problem with his defense, or could simply be an example of why Scola's a pretty decent post player as Ian's not the only guy who's bitten on a fake.

Ian would be far better served in those situations to develop a habit of just making the shooter work for his shot while keeping in control. Perhaps this is something that's a long-standing problem for him, but could just as easily be attributed to excitement for finally getting minutes for the first time in a month (or more?). I'd love to find out for sure which is the case, but that's going to require he continue to play. There is every indication at this point that he's the best option the team has at that position.

The only real prayer the Spurs have of retaining him is if they suddenly turn it around, make a dent and can get Mahinmi and Manu energized enough in the potential of the team not to leave.

Sean Cagney
02-28-2010, 01:03 AM
WTF? He did what you wanted, played the kids, and WE LOST.

We lost by the half bigtime, when they came in it actually got close! I mean if we played them all game do we lose? Maybe but we are not down 18 at the half with them in there the whole time IMO.

WTF you want them to bring us from 21 down or so which it was at the time to win it? MY GOD!

Sean Cagney
02-28-2010, 01:06 AM
I think Phil might be a bit overated himself and he could be exploited soon as he was when Chicago lost MJ. And I'm wondering how even Phil got into this. I never even said his name anywhere only you were the one that brought his name up. So I'm a bit confused on how I made a Phil response?

Chicago without MJ nearly beat the Knicks and had a great record! Do you remember that year? Pippen was damn near MVP that year! They had a good run that year. Pop without TD? PURE HELL! Then again we have no Pippen out there so all is well.

TJastal
02-28-2010, 06:36 AM
My off-season prediction for Ian

Splitter will hem and haw all summer long about playing in the nba and Ian will get tired of waiting for the spurs and sign a 2-year, 4m type deal somewhere to a team in need of some size and athleticism.

Few weeks later, Splitter will finally make up his mind and announce his intention to stay in the Euroleague with Tau Ceramica for the remainder of his contract.

Pop will immediately speed dial Larry Brown and inquire as to the services of Tyrus Thomas, and Brown will say sorry Pop we're just in the process of inking his QO and I like this kid too much to let him go, are you interested in Tyson? You guys need a big, and he's available right now, you wanna do a S&T for Manu?

:lol

Manu_Ginobili
02-28-2010, 07:12 AM

They will stay behind Poop no matter what happens to the team...

exstatic
02-28-2010, 08:41 AM
We lost by the half bigtime, when they came in it actually got close! I mean if we played them all game do we lose? Maybe but we are not down 18 at the half with them in there the whole time IMO.

WTF you want them to bring us from 21 down or so which it was at the time to win it? MY GOD!

So, you want to bench Tim and Manu then, and play the kids? That's what brought them back most of the way, right? MY GOD!