PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys launching 24-hour TV network

TastesLikeChicken
08-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Cowboys launching 24-hour TV network

August 26, 2004
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys Channel, a 24-hour cable network devoted to America's Team, will launch Sept. 8 and be available to more than 1.3 Comcast subscribers in Texas and adjoining states.

The network will offer original programming, including broadcasts of coach Bill Parcells' news conferences, a nightly news show from practice and interviews. There will also be call-in shows and ``Owners Desk,'' a weekly report from team owner Jerry Jones.

``We know that Comcast will be a great partner for the Dallas Cowboys and will allow our fans an opportunity to get an inside look into our organization that most viewers don't typically get to see,'' Jones said.

About 500,000 subscribers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area will have access to the channel.

Comcast will make the channel available to about 500,000 viewers in the Dallas area and also plans to launch the network on some of its systems in Little Rock, Ark.; Albuquerque, N.M.; and Los Angeles, which has no NFL team and is only about 60 miles from the team's training camp site in Oxnard, Calif.

The network will go on the air four days before the Cowboys open the regular season at Minnesota.

The Cowboys aren't the first NFL team with their own channel. The Atlanta Falcons last year began Falconvision, which repeats a four-hour loop of original programing.

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboyschannel&prov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboyschannel&prov=ap&type=lgns)

DuffMcCartney
08-26-2004, 07:00 PM
What the hell for? I'm a Cowboys fan but I don't think any sports team in the world has a big enough fan base to have it's own 24 hour network.

TastesLikeChicken
08-26-2004, 07:03 PM
What the hell for?

What everything is for, Money. It will be popular in Dallas and they'll be able to sell 24-hours worth of advertising.

Jimcs50
08-26-2004, 08:59 PM
:vomit

Spurminator
08-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't think any sports team in the world has a big enough fan base to have it's own 24 hour network.

The Yankees do.

This is the new trend in Sports media. There are other teams with networks in the works, including the Houston Rockets. There's also a new network (beginning, I believe, this season) in Colorado called Altitude, which is basically devoted to the Nuggets and the Avalanche.

SAmikeyp
08-27-2004, 12:39 AM
Ted Turner started it years ago with TBS for his Braves. It is now a real network but this why it was started.

bigzak25
08-27-2004, 06:05 PM
COPS-Valley Ranch will be very entertaining....

SpursWoman
08-27-2004, 09:51 PM
I was going to say...that could lead to some very entertaining Reality-TV.

:lol

Das Texan
08-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Duff again showing his ignorance.

This isnt something new....its not exactly shocking, especially considering the enormous Cowboy fan base in North Texas.