PDA

View Full Version : Abc tv game

LegendaryFan44
02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I have not kept track of ABC games this year..but if the SPURS lose again on ABC..that network should consider showing someone else..STEP up to the fucking plate guys..and if I see Bogans start..I'll mark this as a loss before tipoff.

timtonymanu
02-27-2010, 07:07 PM
well the spurs have been losing on espn/tnt most of the time this year. I believe they only won 3 times.

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-27-2010, 07:46 PM
the spurs usually play against good teams when they are on national TV, enough said.

FeZZy
02-27-2010, 08:13 PM
the spurs usually play against good teams when they are on national TV, enough said.

:lol NO

Behrooz24
02-27-2010, 08:52 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/rlky4.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

rascal
02-27-2010, 09:43 PM

Thats why they often lose. The spurs have been losing all year to the better teams on National TV or not.

spurtech09
02-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I hate early games

ChumpDumper
02-27-2010, 11:51 PM
They're still showing the Spurs on ABC?

Sean Cagney
02-28-2010, 01:12 AM
WE will lose and get embarassed on TV again, nothing new lately. I bet the audience is sick of seeing it by now, well not us Spurs fans we just hate it.

TD 21
02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Speaking of ABC, their NBA coverage disgusts me. Honestly, it's a round table of guys who clearly don't know the league outside of Bryant, James, Howard, Anthony, the Lakers, Celtics and a few other individuals. What's worse is that they joke about the "appetizer" (as they call it) every week, in advance of either the Lakers, Cavs or if they really want to switch it up, the Celtics, playing in the second game.

It's funny, I thought you were supposed to hype up games in order to get people to watch? These guys do the opposite, basically mocking the notion that anyone would be interested in a Suns-Spurs match-up (or rather, a match-up not featuring Bryant, James or the Celtics). Why does this network, clearly obsessed with those three, even bother showing other teams? Their panel doesn't even pretend to be interested and speaking of their panel (and analysts, namely Jackson and Van Gundy), could these guys be any more up Bryant's and James' ass? They're terrified to say anything that may not paint these two, particularly Bryant, in a positive light. It's as if they're concerned he may be watching them and become angry at them not kissing his ass. It's pathetic.

If ABC ever wants to come even close to matching NBC's NBA coverage, then they need to get rid of these clowns. Barry, Wilbon and Johnson (for the playoffs only, a guy who clearly barely follows the league at this point and has an inherent bias; not that that makes him alone on this panel)? Seriously, this is the best they can do, on the network that's home to the finals? I'd rather they have writers/insiders like Stein, Bucher, heck even Hollinger or L.A. Adande, on the panel. At least these guys follow the league day to day and know enough to know Ginobili's is healthy and his health hasn't been an issue in months.

Shastafarian
02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
After Nash hit that late three:

Mike Tirico: "I love Steve Nash. He's awesome."

I laughed.

TD 21
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
After Nash hit that late three:

Mike Tirico: "I love Steve Nash. He's awesome."

I laughed.

I know.

I remember a few months ago this gem from Van Gundy: "I'd rather watch Bryant miss, then watch some players make".

They're so desperate to get people to view him as this generation's version of Jordan, but they don't realize that it's never going to happen. He's an asshole and a phony, as anyone with a brain can tell. On top of that, he's overrated in the clutch and historically as a player.

These guys have to be being told to do this because I can't imagine a former player/coach, both from New York (I believe) would genuinely be fans of Bryant or the Lakers. What would they care? Yet they seem to be as invested in them as any fan is in their team.

As an aside, I was just watching the halftime show of the Hornets/Mavs game (Bowen is in studio), they show Suns/Spurs highlights, start it off in the 4th quarter and show about 4 highlights, all 4 of which were by the Suns. Here I was thinking the Spurs had won the game? I guess that doesn't matter.

If I was Stern, I'd be working in conjunction with the higher ups at the network to overhaul their coverage and make it more professional. As it is, they're making the league not look credible and perpetuating some of the notions many already have about the league.