PDA

View Full Version : Youtube: Repub Congressman debates healthcare on Morning Joe

spursncowboys
02-27-2010, 10:21 AM
ia2eS3-7lLg
Congressman makes a good argument against the healthcare bill using common sense market based ideas. He even gives a circumstance where he would be in favor of public option.

Winehole23
02-27-2010, 10:24 AM
In a nutshell, SnC?

Please parse it out for us, or at least give us your take.

I'm not taking your TV recommendations.

spursncowboys
02-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Then why comment in the op, if you didn't watch the vid?
The subject clearly said Youtube.

Winehole23
02-27-2010, 10:36 AM
You refuse to give a capsule?

How do we know you watched it yourself?

spursncowboys
02-27-2010, 10:36 AM
You don't

Winehole23
02-27-2010, 10:39 AM
You admit you didn't watch it then? Why should I?

spursncowboys
02-27-2010, 10:41 AM
When did I admit that?

Marcus Bryant
02-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Who needs the ability to express themselves? Or encapsulate an idea? Here's the link!

SouthernFried
02-27-2010, 09:16 PM
lol...I just get done in a thread where Winehole posts several links and comments on my not looking at them.

Just to see him commenting on someone elses links and why he wont look at them.

You just gotta know God has a sense of humor.

baseline bum
02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
lol...I just get done in a thread where Winehole posts several links and comments on my not looking at them.

You just gotta know God has a sense of humor.

I thought you were an atheist.

SouthernFried
02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I thought you were an atheist.

I am...that's what makes it funny :)

Oh, Gee!!
02-28-2010, 03:13 AM
I feel like I'm floating away on a balloon accompanied by the rest of mankind

EmptyMan
02-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Winehole turning into a chumpadumpa chumpdumpster?

http://chairmanslog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/cmon-son.jpg

If only we had a smart...err...common sense approach President that didn't first think about Government advancement as the solution to our current problems. Interstate competition for individual coverage? Fuck that sons. Papa needs to grow medicaid.

Not only that, but then the coward postpones the tax increases for the next congress a decade from now.

lol Ivy League http://k43.pbase.com/u38/johnsgallery/upload/34897022.jerkoff.gif

Winehole23
03-01-2010, 02:31 AM

You just gotta know God has a sense of humor.It's a youtube. I'll read just about any damn link, but I more or less refuse to take any TV recommendations from ST posters. You're not gonna make me watch TV. Please use your words, folks.

Suggesting the preference not to watch TV dickheads masticating the daily news cycle in real time is even in the same ballpark as being allergic to a bit of topical light reading is faintly amusing to me, but maybe you're right:
maybe reading is really for dickheads and fuckwits....and my desire not to watch TV would make me an idiot ipso facto if I was ever able to follow through completely on it...

For good and for ill, I have to watch sports, movies and the occasional cooking show...

An idiot is a person who thinks for himself instead of letting other people think for him. He takes his own views of things and therefore not unfrequently differs from his neighbors. Any person who differs from his neighbors is an idiot ipso facto.Or alternately,

Of genius they make no account, for they say that every one is a genius, more or less. No one is so physically sound that no part of him will be even a little unsound, and no one is so diseased but that some part of him will be healthy -- so no man is so mentally and morally sound, but that he will be in part both mad and wicked; and no man is so mad and wicked but he will be sensible and honourable in part. In like manner there is no genius who is not also a fool, and no fool who is not also a genius.

When I talked about originality and genius to some gentlemen whom I met at a supper party given by Mr. Thims in my honour, and said that original thought ought to be encouraged, I had to eat my words at once. Their view evidently was that genius was like offences -- needs must that it come, but woe unto that man through whom it comes. A man's business, they hold, is to think as his neighbours do, for Heaven help him if he thinks good what they count bad. And really it is hard to see how the Erewhonian theory differs from our own, for the word "idiot," only means a person who forms his opinions for himself.http://books.google.com/books?id=SPoHAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA219&lpg=PA219&dq=samuel+butler+colleges+of+unreason&source=bl&ots=5LPlP7XHw_&sig=-w68bNI83HkE5KEh5TTUsa_Zhfk&hl=en&ei=i46LS6e_J8S0tgfdrq2fDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBMQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

DMX7
03-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Obama is going to take our guns!!!!!!

PublicOption
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
single payer > public option

these repugs are seeing the writing on the wall.......wow, just wow!.