PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad hes on our team.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Manu Ginobili... if he didnt play on our team, i would hate him. hes aggressive, hard nosed (literally), knows when to take a charge.. or disquise a flop as one. Whens the last time we had someone like him?... vinny del negro?... haha... right. I can understand why everyone thats not a spurs fan hates him.. I would also if he didnt play for us.

reydawg
05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I agree. He's a total pest and a flopper/overactor. If I didn't like the Spurs I would think him totally annoying.

Sidenote 1. Anyone remember the small faction during the Olympics who said we shouldn't cheer for him since he played against us/USA? That was ridiculous.

Sidenote 2. Anyone remember that ESPN gave the Spurs a "D" for their 1999 Draft Night recap grades? I do. Here's the evidence:

Proof that "Draft Analysis" by the media is BS. (http://espn.go.com/nba/draft99/features/01332714.html)

Kori Ellis
05-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Sidenote 2. Anyone remember that ESPN gave the Spurs a "D" for their 1999 Draft Night recap grades? I do. Here's the evidence:

Proof that "Draft Analysis" by the media is BS.

:lmao

That's pretty classic. I had forgotten all about the Spurs getting a "D".

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Dude.. thats right.. I remember that. I also remember manu's first press conference.. i think it was outside somewhere downtown. Hemisfair park maybe?

zeleni
05-01-2005, 04:52 PM
but thats nothing...

Look at Jazz grades:

B As usual, the Jazz fared well with some low picks. Quincy Lewis and Scott Padgett are two shooters who should fit well in Utah's precision attack. Russian forward Andrei Kirilenko is a bit of an unknown commodity

Now that's absurd. Reporters knew nothing about incredible stuff happening over the ocean.

exstatic
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Quincy Lewis and Scott Padgett are two shooters who should fit well in Utah's precision attack.
:lol I remember the Utah fans being all giddy about having two first round picks, and after this I chided them, "Is that all you got with those picks?"

exstatic
05-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh, and no, I wouldn't hate Manu if he were on another team. He takes WAY too much punishment to hate. He might annoy me, but the way he always picks himself up and goes right at it again would get my respect.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh, and no, I wouldn't hate Manu if he were on another team. He takes WAY too much punishment to hate. He might annoy me, but the way he always picks himself up and goes right at it again would get my respect.

I agree with you on that... maybe hate is too strong of a word.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 05:29 PM
You're crazy. I'd respect Manu on another team. He plays like AI. He leaves it on the court every night, and you don't see that every night in da league.

EasilyAmused
05-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I don’t think I would hate the guy, no way! I would respect the fact that he plays hard, he plays with passion and above all is classy in his statements.

Binji
05-01-2005, 06:17 PM
The Spurs are world champions, and they landed two players from the other side of the world -- dealing for Croatian guard Gordan Giricek and Italian guard Emanuel Ginobilli. We'll admit we don't know a whole lot about these guys because the boss won't spring for scouting trips to Europe.

Well he did play in Italy but he's no Italian

ggoose25
05-01-2005, 06:21 PM
i think i would "hate" manu the same way i hate kobe if I weren't a spurs fan

He is too talented, clutch, and fearless in the paint to really hate, but you get frustrated because theres nothing you can really do to stop him if he's enfuego

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I've seen the same thing.

Manu is the new Vlade Divac of the NBA, he flops with the best of them.

It's great to have in on the Spurs, but I agree, if I'm a fan of the other team, I'd be highly pissed by his play and what he gets away with.

Hook Dem
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Remember Manu visited Denver last summer and could have ended up with the Nuggets. I wonder if crybaby Karl would feel the same way then. I thought not!!!

Clandestino
05-01-2005, 06:31 PM
i think i would "hate" manu the same way i hate kobe if I weren't a spurs fan

He is too talented, clutch, and fearless in the paint to really hate, but you get frustrated because theres nothing you can really do to stop him if he's enfuego

there are many other reasons to hate kobe... mainly bc he is not a team player, is overrated(we saw that once shaq left, kobe is nothing), and a rapist!

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Rick Adelman on Reggie Evans' flopping -- "This guy is taking it to a whole new level. He goes down when the air conditioning comes on. ”

The same can be said about Ginobili.

T Park
05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Shawn Marion will be a rarity in Phoenix -- a guy who actually plays defense. Of course, his outside shot is a bit suspect, and that might make him a difficult fit in the Suns' perimeter-based offense.

Great analysis, guy is a fantastic jump shooter.

With four picks in the top 27, Atlanta should have come away with more. Jason Terry should be a solid replacement for Mookie Blaylock at the point, but Cal Bowdler was a big reach at No. 17. Dion Glover should help Atlanta's transition to a high-tempo attack. Jumaine Jones has the look of an NBA scorer, but he was dealt to Philly for a future first-rounder.

LOL....

Dion Glover, what a stiff.