PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Spurs @ Rockets - Feb. 26

timvp
02-28-2010, 02:10 AM
After one of their more impressive victories of the season, the San Antonio Spurs traveled to Houston in hopes of taking another step in the right direction. Instead, the Spurs were tripped up early and suffered another momentum stifling loss.

The first quarter was difficult to watch. The Rockets were playing with tons of energy, while the Spurs were passive and listless. When the period mercifully ended, the Spurs trailed 31-14. Utilizing their deep bench, the Spurs eventually made a run late in the fourth -- but it turned out to be too little, too late.

The Rockets came into the game struggling but they looked good against the Spurs. Kevin Martin showed off his scoring potential, while Aaron Brooks illustrated his explosiveness. And let us not speak of the salt Luis Scola applied to the open wound that is current state of the Spurs.

Overall, it was another case of taking a couple steps back after seemingly taking a step forward.

Tim Duncan
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3173.jpg
24:21 minutes, 17 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists
8-for-17 from the field, 1-for-3 at the line

Tim Duncan entered the game trying to punish the Rockets. Houston rarely sends double-teams his way and Duncan tried to take advantage. While the intentions were good, the execution wasn't. Duncan ended up being too aggressive and the team's offensive rhythm suffered. Defensively, he did a poor job defending the rim. All in all, it's not a surprise that Duncan had a team worst plus/minus of -25.

-------------------------------

Manu Ginobili
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3380.jpg
24:06 minutes, 8 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 turnovers
1-for-8 from the field, 0-for-2 on three-pointers, 6-for-6 at the line

Versus the Thunder, Manu Ginobili willed the Spurs to victory in one of the most memorable outings of his career. In this game, Ginobili's effort was still very good but he couldn't get it going on the offensive end. Without Ginobili putting the ball in the hole or creating offense on a consistent basis, the Spurs didn't have much of a chance -- especially with Tony Parker sidelined. His individual D wasn't too great but his nine defensive rebounds were really helpful on that end.

George Hill
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/images/basketball/nba/players/4488.jpg
37:37 minutes, 26 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers
8-for-14 from the field, 3-for-5 on three-pointers, 7-for-8 at the line

It was a tale of two halves for Hill. In the first half, he was really bad. His extremely weak play in the first quarter doomed the Spurs. His play in the second quarter wasn't much better. In the second half, Hill turned up the intensity. He scored 23 points in the final two quarters to finish with a career-high despite scoring only three points in the first half. Defensively, Hill was disappointing throughout. Brooks' speed and craftiness really gave Hill fits.

Antonio McDyess
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3004.jpg
15:24 minutes, 2 assists
0-for-3 from the field

Just when it looked like Antonio McDyess may be turning the corner, he just had two horrendous games in consecutive contests. Going 0-for-9 with three rebounds is not the way to solidify a starting gig. Playing sub par defense on top of that is a ticket to the bottom of the rotation.

Keith Bogans
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3746.jpg
14:24 minutes, 3 turnovers
0-for-3 from the field, 0-for-3 on three-pointers

Keith Bogans did some good work against Kevin Durant last game. Against the Rockets, he was a disaster. If he wasn't missing shots offensively, he was turning it over. Defensively, he wasn't helping at all. How this guy is a starter in the NBA is a question I cannot answer.

Michael Finley
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3023.jpg
9:41 minutes
0-for-2 from the field

Michael Finley's NBA career is over. It's now just a matter of getting Pop to figure it out. That said, I have to give Finley credit for his effort on defense. He knows where to be and fights as hard as he can to stop his opponent. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have it anymore.

Richard Jefferson
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3523.jpg
30:10 minutes, 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers
6-for-12 from the field, 0-for-2 on three-pointers, 3-for-5 at the line

It's a little late but Richard Jefferson is finally starting to play with some aggressiveness. We've seen more contested rebounds in the last few games than we saw all season. Jefferson is also attacking the rim smarter and defending a bit better. However, he still has a long ways to go to even become an average NBA player at this point.

Roger Mason, Jr.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/images/basketball/nba/players/3628.jpg
30:57 minutes, 12 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
4-for-13 from the field, 3-for-9 on three-pointers

Since subtly asking for a trade, Roger Mason, Jr. has spent most of his time missing shots. He added nine more missed field goal attempts in the game against the Rockets. Mason made a few quality plays with the basketball but his defense was very poor and his shot selection was iffy.

DeJuan Blair
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4642.jpg
17:43 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds
4-for-4 from the field, 2-for-2 at the line

DeJuan Blair was one of the few players on the Spurs who brought the needed aggression and toughness. Blair's physicality ultimately led to him fouling out of the game. Offensively, he showed very good touch around the basket. His defense wasn't very good -- then again, that could said about most every player in this game.

Malik Hairston
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8769/malikhairstongt.jpg
17:54 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 blocked shot
4-for-6 from the field, 0-for-2 at the line

Malik Hairston played like someone who absolutely refuses to be ignored any longer. He has spent most of his season either sitting on the bench or starring in the D-League. Now, there's almost no way Pop can't give Hairston more minutes. His ability to take the rim off the dribble was very impressive. Hairston defended with tenacity, rebounded the ball with authority and he hustled relentlessly. Overall, it was a very encouraging outing from Hairston.

Ian Mahinmi
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3954.jpg
10:08 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds
3-for-3 from the field, 2-for-3 at the line

I'm not sure what was more of a miracle on Friday night: Mahinmi getting first quarter minutes or my tiny yet unbelievably beautiful daughter coming home for the first time. After a rocky start, Mahinmi played better and better. By the fourth quarter, he was one of the main reasons why the Spurs were able to make a run. Like Hairston, Mahinmi should have earned more minutes with this effort -- at least in theory.

Matt Bonner
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3748.jpg
7:35 minutes

Matt Bonner just hasn't been able to recover from his injury. His timing is shot, his confidence is non-existent and he also doesn't seem to be in very good shape. It has gotten to the point that there's no reason for him to play. Bonner has been given chances; Pop needs to move on.

Gregg Popovich
http://dailyelements.com/pop-stoic.jpg

We'll get a good idea on how stubborn Pop really is now. Anyone who watched the Rockets game saw that Hairston deserves a lot more minutes going forward. His athleticism and energy alone would be a huge assets to this team. Mahinmi playing more is also likely to help. On the other hand, a few players are begging for DNP-CDs (See: Bonner, Matt; Finley, Michael; Bogans, Keith). Will Pop see the light? Let's hope so.

Offense

Putting 104 points on the board against the Rockets is notable, especially after the Spurs scored just 14 points in the first quarter. The second half saw San Antonio put 63 points on the board. For the game, the Spurs shot 44.7% from the field, got to the line 30 times and grabbed 15 offensive rebounds. San Antonio struggled from deep (6-for-21) and didn't do a very good job handling the ball (21 assists, 16 turnovers).

Defense

The Rockets scored easily in the first half. In the second half, their field goal accuracy faltered. However, the Rockets thrived by getting to the line. They shot 45.6% from the floor and hit 34-of-38 attempts from the charity stripe. The Spurs actually did a good job defending the three-point line (3-for-16) and limiting the Rockets to 18 assists.

Staying Alive

The Spurs are currently tied for seventh in the Western Conference. At noon on Sunday, San Antonio hosts the Phoenix Suns in a game the Spurs really need to win for playoff positioning.

objective
02-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Now, there's almost no way Pop can't give Hairston more minutes.

Where there's a will . . . there's a way.

polandprzem
02-28-2010, 02:22 AM
daughter?

have I missed something or my english is worse then I thought?

Thompson
02-28-2010, 02:28 AM
You brought home your daughter Friday? Congratulations to you and Kori! :toast

Thanks for the game thoughts, I hope you're right and Ian and Hairston force Pop to play them. I won't bug you for game thoughts any more this year, you probably won't be getting a lot of sleep for a few months. :lol

taps
02-28-2010, 02:32 AM
:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast :toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast

Cheers and blessings to you and your family

timvp
02-28-2010, 02:33 AM
You brought home your daughter Friday? Congratulations to you and Kori! :toastThanks.

Thanks for the game thoughts, I hope you're right and Ian and Hairston force Pop to play them. I won't bug you for game thoughts any more this year, you probably won't be getting a lot of sleep for a few months. :lol

I miss that thing called sleep already :wakeup

timvp
02-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Where there's a will . . . there's a way.

If Hairston doesn't play against the Suns, I will wonder about the alcohol content in the wine Pop has been drinking lately.

lurker23
02-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Congratulations! :toast

As you said, we'll truly see how stubborn Pop is. Phoenix is a game just begging for younger legs. Let's see if he utilizes them.

angelbelow
02-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Congrats on the new family member.

I was also very encouraged by Hairston and Ian's effort. Here's to hoping Pop sees the light on Finley, Bogans etc.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Congrats! :toast:elephant:birthday::birthday::birthday:

But I suppose you think that is an acceptable excuse for late Game Thoughts. :nope

SpursFan0728
02-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the game thoughts and congratz on the good news.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2010, 03:13 AM
congrats!

Borosai
02-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Making babies. Felicitations. :toast

I hope Pop gets his crap together soon to perhaps make something of this season. Hill, Hairston, Blair and Mahinmi comprise a solid young group to put to good use NOW.

L.I.T
02-28-2010, 03:23 AM
You would think he would play the young'uns in the Phoenix game...

However, the Phoenix game is shaping up to be one of those pivotal must-win games. And based on how Popovitch has coaching this season and in the past...I would not be completely and totally surprised to see him trot his veteran lineups; relying on his experience and corporate knowledge mantra to win in a must-win situation. I seriously doubt that he will lean on youth in a back against the wall situation.

God, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he will decide to go with the youngsters to finish out the season; try and salvage something in this season and see what will happen if he infuses some energy and hunger into the team.

And congratulations on the new member of the family!

MannyIsGod
02-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Holy shit wtf? Congrats!

baseline bum
02-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Wow. Congrats to you and Kori, LJ!! One point of advice: when my brother was born, we said he was less than 2 until he hit about 4, so he didn't need a ticket to the games. Thank god we never had the same ushers year to year. :lol

Slippy
02-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Wow. Everyone having kids these days . Congrats, welcome to the club and good to have your thoughts back.

Finley on the court is only taking up space, feet firmly planted on ground but ya Pop's playing him and Finley is putting in the effort. Nice guy, seems like a great teammate, just hasn't got it anymore. If he missing shots then there's nothing positive gained from playing him.

xellos88330
02-28-2010, 04:01 AM
Congrats on the little one Timvp! Don't worry about losing sleep. Your little one will more than make up for it the first time she says 'dada'.

Loved the thoughts. Like you said... we will get to see how stubborn Pop really is vs. Phoenix.

A thought from me from the game... Jefferson played well with the young speed added to the lineup. Perhaps the halfcourt set offense of the Spurs has been holding him back. He did great work when the tempo sped up.

DAF86
02-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Congrats :toast

Kamnik
02-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Congrats on your daughter! Wish her a long and a happy life! :)

taps
02-28-2010, 04:13 AM
I am encouraged.

Showing more audacity than the San Antonio media has all year Bill Schoening asked brett brown (i believe it was him - northeastern accent through radio fuzz) in the postgame what is going to happen with these toros the spurs have invested up to 5 years in and have produced the few times they are actually put on the court.

Brown admitted they have been impressive and show they deserve evaluation. he covered his ass a bit but i'll believe till the day i die :pop:

team-work
02-28-2010, 04:21 AM
Congrats on your baby. Now I realize what the "private matter" you were dealing with some time ago was.

With the way your couple nurtured this forum, I'm sure your daughter will be fine and happy in your family.

objective
02-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Showing more audacity than the San Antonio media has all year Bill Schoening asked brett brown (i believe it was him - northeastern accent through radio fuzz) in the postgame what is going to happen with these toros the spurs have invested up to 5 years in and have produced the few times they are actually put on the court.

they said the same thing in the postgame of the Nets game about Ian (don't remember if it was Newman or Brown though).

----------------------------

And congrats to timvp on the daughter.

Duncan21kid
02-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Congrats :)

biba
02-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Congrats. Have a wonderful (sleepless) time alltogether! :toast

Thanks for the Game Thoughts. They were waited, as always.

TJastal
02-28-2010, 05:46 AM
:ttiwwp

Bruno
02-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Awesome, congrats to both of you.

Slomo
02-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Holy shit wtf? Congrats!

:lol

My thoughts exactly :tu
:toast

timtonymanu
02-28-2010, 05:50 AM
wow seriously congrats timvp!

god bless you and your family.

baseline bum
02-28-2010, 06:03 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/windows_7.png

ROFL :rollin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2010, 07:16 AM
:toast Congratulations LJ and Kori! Your life has changed forever. :D

It's a little late but Richard Jefferson is finally starting to play with some aggressiveness. We've seen more contested rebounds in the last few games than we saw all season. Jefferson is also attacking the rim smarter and defending a bit better. However, he still has a long ways to go to even become an average NBA player at this point.

:lmao Talk about damning with faint praise!

Sadly, I have to agree with you. :depressed

But there's no need for depression today - it's your daughter's birthday! Once again, congrats to both of you! :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
PS baseline bum, that cartoon is from here:

http://xkcd.com/214/

Check it (if you haven't already).

leonarth
02-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Awesome, congrats to both of you.
All the Best for you three :)

ElNono
02-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Congrats to you and Kori! :toast

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Congratulations Kori and timvp!!!

Brazil
02-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Congratulations ! what is her name ?

Ian maybe not the savior but in his carreer he already had the privilege to be part of a great announcement

benefactor
02-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Congrats guys. I hope she brings you as much joy as my daughter has brought me.

wildbill2u
02-28-2010, 09:00 AM
We had three players who started that gave us virtually nothing on offense or defense. This loss goes to Pop's judgement.

Spursone
02-28-2010, 09:04 AM
First of all awesome post and great analysis. So far the OLD WAY of thinking with POP hasn't worked. Play to win, utilize youth and atheletic ability over the PREDICTABILITY of Bogans, Finley, Bonner, and the like. It's time we play like we OWE the fans, not these players! Unleash youth, get energized, and return to who we can be!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

GO SPURS GO? :bang

urunobili
02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
WOW! Who cares about the game thoughts! Congrats timvp and Kori! :D

easy7
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Congratulations. Thanks for the game thoughts. I just hope that Pop does not start Bogans and Bonner today or we will be again in a big hole point wise.

ForeignFan
02-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Congratulations. Hope mother and baby are both fine. What is her name?
Timotha ? Manuela ? Tonia ? Brucette ?

The future of ST is assured !

Russ
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Congratulations!:toast

spursbird
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Congrats Kori and Timvp!

George Gervin's Afro
02-28-2010, 10:14 AM
After one of their more impressive victories of the season, the San Antonio Spurs traveled to Houston in hopes of taking another step in the right direction. Instead, the Spurs were tripped up early and suffered another momentum stifling loss.

The first quarter was difficult to watch. The Rockets were playing with tons of energy, while the Spurs were passive and listless. When the period mercifully ended, the Spurs trailed 31-14. Utilizing their deep bench, the Spurs eventually made a run late in the fourth -- but it turned out to be too little, too late.

The Rockets came into the game struggling but they looked good against the Spurs. Kevin Martin showed off his scoring potential, while Aaron Brooks illustrated his explosiveness. And let us not speak of the salt Luis Scola applied to the open wound that is current state of the Spurs.

Overall, it was another case of taking a couple steps back after seemingly taking a step forward.

Tim Duncan
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3173.jpg
24:21 minutes, 17 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists
8-for-17 from the field, 1-for-3 at the line

Tim Duncan entered the game trying to punish the Rockets. Houston rarely sends double-teams his way and Duncan tried to take advantage. While the intentions were good, the execution wasn't. Duncan ended up being too aggressive and the team's offensive rhythm suffered. Defensively, he did a poor job defending the rim. All in all, it's not a surprise that Duncan had a team worst plus/minus of -25.

Manu Ginobili
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3380.jpg
24:06 minutes, 8 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 turnovers
1-for-8 from the field, 0-for-2 on three-pointers, 6-for-6 at the line

Versus the Thunder, Manu Ginobili willed the Spurs to victory in one of the most memorable outings of his career. In this game, Ginobili's effort was still very good but he couldn't get it going on the offensive end. Without Ginobili putting the ball in the hole or creating offense on a consistent basis, the Spurs didn't have much of a chance -- especially with Tony Parker sidelined. His individual D wasn't too great but his nine defensive rebounds were really helpful on that end.

George Hill
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/images/basketball/nba/players/4488.jpg
37:37 minutes, 26 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers
8-for-14 from the field, 3-for-5 on three-pointers, 7-for-8 at the line

It was a tale of two halves for Hill. In the first half, he was really bad. His extremely weak play in the first quarter doomed the Spurs. His play in the second quarter wasn't much better. In the second half, Hill turned up the intensity. He scored 23 points in the final two quarters to finish with a career-high despite scoring only three points in the first half. Defensively, Hill was disappointing throughout. Brooks' speed and craftiness really gave Hill fits.

Antonio McDyess
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3004.jpg
15:24 minutes, 2 assists
0-for-3 from the field

Just when it looked like Antonio McDyess may be turning the corner, he just had two horrendous games in consecutive contests. Going 0-for-9 with three rebounds is not the way to solidify a starting gig. Playing sub par defense on top of that is a ticket to the bottom of the rotation.

Keith Bogans
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3746.jpg
14:24 minutes, 3 turnovers
0-for-3 from the field, 0-for-3 on three-pointers

Keith Bogans did some good work against Kevin Durant last game. Against the Rockets, he was a disaster. If he wasn't missing shots offensively, he was turning it over. Defensively, he wasn't helping at all. How this guy is a starter in the NBA is a question I cannot answer.

Michael Finley
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3023.jpg
9:41 minutes
0-for-2 from the field

Michael Finley's NBA career is over. It's now just a matter of getting Pop to figure it out. That said, I have to give Finley credit for his effort on defense. He knows where to be and fights as hard as he can to stop his opponent. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have it anymore.

Richard Jefferson
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3523.jpg
30:10 minutes, 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers
6-for-12 from the field, 0-for-2 on three-pointers, 3-for-5 at the line

Roger Mason, Jr.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/images/basketball/nba/players/3628.jpg
30:57 minutes, 12 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
4-for-13 from the field, 3-for-9 on three-pointers

Since subtly asking for a trade, Roger Mason, Jr. has spent most of his time missing shots. He added nine more missed field goal attempts in the game against the Rockets. Mason made a few quality plays with the basketball but his defense was very poor and his shot selection was iffy.

DeJuan Blair
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4642.jpg
17:43 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds
4-for-4 from the field, 2-for-2 at the line

DeJuan Blair was one of the few players on the Spurs who brought the needed aggression and toughness. Blair's physicality ultimately led to him fouling out of the game. Offensively, he showed very good touch around the basket. His defense wasn't very good -- then again, that could said about most every player in this game.

Malik Hairston
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8769/malikhairstongt.jpg
17:54 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 blocked shot
4-for-6 from the field, 0-for-2 at the line

Malik Hairston played like someone who absolutely refuses to be ignored any longer. He has spent most of his season either sitting on the bench or starring in the D-League. Now, there's almost no way Pop can't give Hairston more minutes. His ability to take the rim off the dribble was very impressive. Hairston defended with tenacity, rebounded the ball with authority and he hustled relentlessly. Overall, it was a very encouraging outing from Hairston.

Ian Mahinmi
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3954.jpg
10:08 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds
3-for-3 from the field, 2-for-3 at the line

I'm not sure what was more of a miracle on Friday night: Mahinmi getting first quarter minutes or my tiny yet unbelievably beautiful daughter coming home for the first time. After a rocky start, Mahinmi played better and better. By the fourth quarter, he was one of the main reasons why the Spurs were able to make a run. Like Hairston, Mahinmi should have earned more minutes with this effort -- at least in theory.

Matt Bonner
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3748.jpg
7:35 minutes

Matt Bonner just hasn't been able to recover from his injury. His timing is shot, his confidence is non-existent and he also doesn't seem to be in very good shape. It has gotten to the point that there's no reason for him to play. Bonner has been given chances; Pop needs to move on.

Gregg Popovich
http://dailyelements.com/pop-stoic.jpg

We'll get a good idea on how stubborn Pop really is now. Anyone who watched the Rockets game saw that Hairston deserves a lot more minutes going forward. His athleticism and energy alone would be a huge assets to this team. Mahinmi playing more is also likely to help. On the other hand, a few players are begging for DNP-CDs (See: Bonner, Matt; Finley, Michael; Bogans, Keith). Will Pop see the light? Let's hope so.

Offense

Putting 104 points on the board against the Rockets is notable, especially after the Spurs scored just 14 points in the first quarter. The second half saw San Antonio put 63 points on the board. For the game, the Spurs shot 44.7% from the field, got to the line 30 times and grabbed 15 offensive rebounds. San Antonio struggled from deep (6-for-21) and didn't do a very good job handling the ball (21 assists, 16 turnovers).

Defense

The Rockets scored easily in the first half. In the second half, their field goal accuracy faltered. However, the Rockets thrived by getting to the line. They shot 45.6% from the floor and hit 34-of-38 attempts from the charity stripe. The Spurs actually did a good job defending the three-point line (3-for-16) and limiting the Rockets to 18 assists.

Staying Alive

The Spurs are currently tied for seventh in the Western Conference. At noon on Sunday, San Antonio hosts the Phoenix Suns in a game the Spurs really need to win for playoff positioning.

Well the Spurstalk family did have something to celebrate on 2/26 after all..:toast

on a basketball note, would it hurt to play Hairston more? Can things get any worse with him in there?

sonic21
02-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Congrats Kori and LJ :toast

Bigzax
02-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to you both!

:king :baby :princess

MaNu4Tres
02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats on the new blessing to the Ellis family!!:toast

My Fault
02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Congrats :toast

silverblackfan
02-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Congrats and way to sneak the news into a Game Thoughts! I wonder at what age your kid will realize that they are also part of a dis-functional Spurs forum? :)

Hairston, at the very least should be getting playing time from Fin and Bogans. I like Ian, but he is foul prone.

silverblk mystix
02-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Congrats! and thanks for the game thoughts ...

boutons_deux
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
HIGHLIGHT OF THE 2009/2010 SEASON!

New Chateau + Country Estate!

New Baby!

Congrats!

Kori Ellis
02-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, we are adopting a baby girl.. she came home to us on Friday and she's freakin' awesome :)

birdy219
02-28-2010, 11:04 AM
That is soooo awesome. We need more couples to adopt. God bless you and your family.

TIMMYD!
02-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Congratulations. :toast

Hairston and Mahimni really impressed me.

But Pop probably wasn't which is why Finley and Bogans will keep on starting.

smeagol
02-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Damn LJ, congrats to you and Kori!

I'm sincerely happy for both of you.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Congratulations, the newest addition to the Ellis clan is fortunate to be blessed with two amazing and intelligent parents.

clambake
02-28-2010, 11:22 AM
thats great. now...you'll need a shotgun by the time she turns 14.

DPG21920
02-28-2010, 11:33 AM
This is like an episode of some crazy T.V. show. I am waiting for the dramatic music to play now that the news has been delivered.

Congrats so much on the child. Gives me anxiety thinking about it, but I am glad you guys are happy and that you have a wonderful new addition to the familia.

Also, nice subtle shout outs in the GT's to some of the good discussions/observations being made around here.

Marco
02-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Congratulations!

Das Texan
02-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Congrats Kori and LJ!

Alexis
02-28-2010, 11:57 AM
she's freakin' awesome :)

:tu

FvckMavs
02-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Congratulations!

argginmanuoblifaniac
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
or my tiny yet unbelievably beautiful daughter coming home for the first time.

Sigh. I suppose this is going to be yet another obstacle in the way of your commisoneering d-league 1. Just freaking wonderful.

With love -

Alamo50

romain.star
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
congrats to both of you

Rick Von Braun
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to both Kori and Timvp for the wonderful news. I took to the liberty of starting a new thread, since I think it is quite deserving.

I wish Kori a speedy recovery, and to the Timvp patience and energy for the first couple of months. Enjoy it when you can, they grow soooo fast.

Cheers!

SpursWoman
02-28-2010, 12:29 PM

That didn't take long! :lol :makeout

Aunt SpursWoman has an XTerra full of stuff for you already! :oops :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, we are adopting a baby girl.. she came home to us on Friday and she's freakin' awesome :)

Congrats!! :tu

Flux451
02-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks.

I miss that thing called sleep already :wakeup

Amen. You will get used to it. Learn to things in your sleep...literally. Any moment you can get shut eye, do it. I take advantage of the wife driving and get zzzz's.

Good luck and Congradulations!

EricB
02-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I refuse to understand WTF goes on with the team nor the coaching staff anymore...

argginmanuoblifaniac
02-28-2010, 01:35 PM

That didn't take long! :lol :makeout

Aunt SpursWoman has an XTerra full of stuff for you already! :oops :lol

OMG, he's halfway there already.

Please tell me her middle name doesn't begin with a J.

Don't do it timvp...you're better than that.

JudynTX
03-01-2010, 09:42 AM

:lol Damn, the baby has a troll already?