PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs could miss the Playoffs this year!

Manu_Ginobili
02-28-2010, 06:49 AM
The loss vs. the Rockets was simply pathetic (104 - 109)! How good the Houston Rockets are? We saw last night - Utah killed them (Utah 133 - 110 Rockets!!!)...

The Spurs are in real danger of NOT making the Playoffs this year - THE SPURS HAVE 7 back-to-back games, in 3 of which - Tim Duncan will NOT play (Pop already said it!!!), I see at least 3 losses right there, taking into account the Spurs are very bad road team (a .500 team)...
We have 15 games remaining to be played on the road (most of them very tough!), and 16 games overall vs. teams above .500, the Spurs might end up the season with the LOWEST RECORD since late 90s when we tanked to season to pick up Timmy in the lottery (!); So, based on the tough schedule, the Spurs can end up with no more than 45-50 Ws; For comparison - last year, Utah was No.: 8 spot with 48 Ws, however, this year the competition is much tougher, and in order to be number 8th, you might need to pick up at least 50 Ws, it means, if the Spurs continue to play POORLY like this, they may very well see themselves out of the Playoffs this year, and this is for real!!! I hope I am wrong, but from what I see, it will be [even] better to save the embarrassment and NOT even make the Playoffs this year - it will be another miserable exit in the 1st round...:bang:bang:bang:downspin::downspin::downsp in:

Snaq O'Meal
02-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Please look on the bright side. The lottery may be what the team needs for talent infusion. And as an added bonus, Pop said he should be fired if the team doesn't win it all this year. Hopefully, the Spurs can add a stud through the draft, and a decent coach who know what he's doing instead of trying his luck with stupid line-ups in the hope of finding something that works.

boutons_deux
02-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Could miss? will miss.

jimo2305
02-28-2010, 08:39 AM
hopefully we wont use a lottery pick on some player noone's heard of and either have that player's team put an expensive price tag on him or have that player not play an NBA game 3 or 4 years later with another team

...oh wait..

benefactor
02-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Lottery pick? Sign me up.

Brazil
02-28-2010, 08:48 AM
no shit ? tell us something we don't know for once

alchemist
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
they're not missing the playoffs, just don't expect more than a 1st round exit if Parker doesn't recover to 80%.

SenorSpur
02-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Count me in as one for the Draft Lottery. This organization needs that more than another 1st round exit. Also, the shock of missing the playoffs may finally shock the FO into the realization that it's time to do more than simply add another free agent misfit.

rascal
02-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Count me in as one for the Draft Lottery. This organization needs that more than another 1st round exit. Also, the shock of missing the playoffs may finally shock the FO into the realization that it's time to do more than simply add another free agent misfit.

Im all in for getting a top lottery pick and reloading for next year. Its a quick way to add a young talented player.

davi78239
02-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Finally you guys are seeing the light! I had been saying this for 2 months now about the whole getting in the lottery thing and I got torched by lots of you guys saying I was stupid, dumb and not a true spurs fan. Yes, it is for the teams good and better than a first round exit being fed to LA or Denver and possibly getting swept and embarrased! Even if they don't like or find who they want in the lottery, they can always package it up in a trade with other pieces for a superstar or to even move up even further in the draft like I think Dallas did years back to aquire Devin Harris from the Wizards.

Go For Tree
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Im all in for getting a top lottery pick and reloading for next year. Its a quick way to add a young talented player.

A top lottery pick? Were still # 7 in the west as of now. Even if we were to miss the playoffs (which we wont as long as we have, tim, tony &manu) we would most likely have the least lottery balls. Playing the odds, the NBA draft isnt like the Nfl. Its very hard to find a sure bet outside of the top 7 or 8 players. With the way you fair-weather fans trash talk the entire front office what the hell makes you think they would get the steal of the draft anyway? you all contridict yourselves when you say this front office cant make the right decisions on a nightly basis but you think a lottery pick = automatic all star?

What kind a "real fans" dont want to see their team win every time they step on the court? Youd be happier with them not making the postseason instead of potentially exiting in the first round?

Youre supposed to cheer and support them win lose or draw if youre a fan of this team, or any team.

Just a bunch of whiny spoiled brats on here that cant accept the fact theres years when you cant be an elite team all year long. But to pack it in when we can still win (no matter how slim the chances are according to the spurstalk experts) is simply pathetic.

Smoke some weed and see if you cant find anything to be grateful for.

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
hows this draft class any good?