PDA

View Full Version : Players you used to like that you now despise.

pauls931
02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
For me, I'll take the obvious and go with Lebron James, at first I was in awe, but now with the way the league has trained him to expect calls, he's spoiled.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
For me Dwight Howard.

BRHornet45
02-28-2010, 09:34 AM
For me Dwight Howard.

co-signed

sick of him trying to be a comedian every time he does a interview. he fails miserably and just comes across immature, weird, and annoying.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
co-signed

sick of him trying to be a comedian every time he does a interview. he fails miserably and just comes across immature, weird, and annoying.

The "Just wait till he develops a post game!" talk got really annoying, for the first few years of his career I bought into it, but now I see him as a player who is lazy and will never develop a post game. I know he made the finals last year but he really doesn't same to care about basketball.

jacobdrj
02-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Amare Stoudamire: Early in his rookie campaign, he looked like the next Moses Malone. Young, athletic, and he had the tools to play on both ends of the court. But between the injuries and Steve Nash/Mike D'Moron convincing him he doesn't have to play defense (when clearly we know he physically CAN) and an I don't care attitude, I now despise him as a player. What a total waste of talent.

Lukor
02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
The "Just wait till he develops a post game!" talk got really annoying, for the first few years of his career I bought into it, but now I see him as a player who is lazy and will never develop a post game. I know he made the finals last year but he really doesn't same to care about basketball.

lazy?That dude has one of the most ripped bodies in the NBA, especially at his size. Maybe he should devote more time to training post moves and less to the weight room:blah

jacobdrj
02-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow, so much Dwight hate... Sure we aren't confusing him with Josh? I mean, he used to be one of the Twin Dallas Rookies that came ouuta nowhere... and then became a stupidhead. I like Dwight. As of yet, I have not turned on KG yet either, but I am close...

Cane
02-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Rondo - Starting shit with CP3 even though he's shitty by comparison, shoots less than 60 percent from the charity stripe and he's a god damn guard, can only shoot long distance during HORSE; for the golden era of PGs this guy's an all star?!?

Kobe - Colorado, primadonna douchebag ways

Howard - Baby Mama drama that kind of takes a silent shit on his 'good guy' image, one of the worst overall games in decades for being the "best big" in the league

KG - Pretty annoying to watch: fist pumping, barracuda jaw, fake tough guy act, etc. Acts tough yet takes little bitch cheap shots when he can.

Roger Mason Jr - After that X-Mas shot it was all downhill, this guy is averaging around 20-28% from 3-point land since the beginning of the rodeo trip...shame the Spurs couldn't oblige on his trade request.

:toast

Chieflion
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
The Dwight hate about him not working hard?

The guy did everything he set out to accomplish. He announced he was going to lead the league in rebounding. (Check)

He also announced before the 2008-2009 season he would become the best defensive player of the season. (Check)

He also said he was further going to develop his post moves. He proved it in January and this month, February, he now has a left hook, a counter against overplaying his spin move, added a bank shot. (Check)

jacobdrj
02-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I think he even upped his FT%...

mavsfan1000
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Josh Howard - This guy used to be the energy bunny. Always giving his all. Now he is a pot smoking nothing with a big ego.
Steve Francis - I liked him his rookie year but he got worse every year after that. His ego got huge as well.

Cane
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I think he even upped his FT%...

He did compare to last year by an astonishing two percent so far (59% last year versus 61%).

Kind of interesting that his rookie year he averaged 67% percent from the line on 413 attempts. That was by far his best % of his career so far but also the fewest attempts he's had, by comparison he's taken 618 free throws this year and 849 the year before. Still kinda interesting that his best % was his rookie year imo.

boston.balla
02-28-2010, 10:11 AM
The Dwight hate about him not working hard?

The guy did everything he set out to accomplish. He announced he was going to lead the league in rebounding. (Check)

He also announced before the 2008-2009 season he would become the best defensive player of the season. (Check)

He also said he was further going to develop his post moves. He proved it in January and this month, February, he now has a left hook, a counter against overplaying his spin move, added a bank shot. (Check)

co-signed.
the hate on dwight is inane. This guy is an extraordinary rebounder, great help defender, so-so man defender. His game reminds me alot of 2003-2004 ben wallace.
I'm tired of the scorer mentality i see here. Guy has stiff hands and does the best with what he has. Even fts are up. For a big you need defensive presence(check), rebounding (check), intimidation factor(check), 2-3 post moves(check as of late), decent fts (check as of late). Dwight is ok.

And the lebron hate... lol.. showmanship and being a sore loser and expecting superstar calls are all marks of being the best in the league. See kobe & jordan. He is what the league wants him to be in order to succeed, wtf is it so hard to understand. Raped nobody, rapped about nobody. Dancing is childish but understandable.. hell even 30-35+ guys start dancin when we get a nice dunk or play in the gym.

boston.balla
02-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Furthermore i despise players that go for cheap shots and dirty plays:

dfish, kobe sometimes, laimbeer, bowen, reggie evans, etc

I don't despise guys playing hard or even getting away with playing hard. But being cheap and dirty is a completely different category. Example: john stockton, very physical, tough but no kicking in the nuts, no elbowing in the head, no spitting in other players heads. It's one thing to play hard and get into the mind of your opponent and one to just go for the balls, eyes, scratch, spit, etc .. that's just pussy toughness.

TIMMYD!
02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll go with Dwight and KG.

Dwight- tries too hard to imitate Shaq

KG-ultimate douche with his dumb antics which he can't back up, currently overrated

silverblk mystix
02-28-2010, 11:10 AM
a no-brainer...Pau Gasol with memphis....

pau gasoft with the lakers...

artest ---same thing...

FTL!

sonic21
02-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Kg

pauls931
02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd still trade Amare and a decent role player for Dhow in a hearbeat.

TheRealCB
02-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Vince Carter anyone?

Really loved the guy,but has now turned into a shot chucker...

Dick used to be good few years ago... :depressed

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Jason Kidd... I begrudgingly accepted the trade of Finley that brought him to Phoenix, and really enjoyed his first few seasons. Still, I started to become disenchanted when he started talking about how little he cared to work on his jumpshot. He took pride in that he could dominate a game without effective shooting/scoring. As his FG% decreased, so did his assists and his A/TO ratio. He started to lead the league in turnovers year after year and this Suns teams often underachieved, despite have good balance, quality frontcourt depth and, often, homecourt advantage. When he was arrested from beating his wife, then traded and cursed Jerry Colangelo, Phoenix and its fans, that's when I wrote him off completely. I went to the his first game back in Phoenix as a Net, and I waved a white wife-beater tank with #5 in the front and back and "Baby" written where the name should be (wanted it to read "Bitch" but knew I'd likely have the shirt confiscated). I like to say that middle-finger he gave the crowd was directed towards me, but I was nowhere near that tunnel. Still...

I no longer have have the feelings of hatred, but I don't care one way or the other.

Nash and his "fun" is starting to build similar feelings... Yeah, it's a game, yeah, it's neat he doesn't take himself too seriously... But while I acknowledge his offensive greatness and the sabotage of his ownership, I now watch and feel like there's a lot left to be left on the court. He's the captain and I no longer think he's leading by example with giving 100%...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
If your argument is that Dwight is content being the player he is then you're only proving why I don't like him. Dwight should be a dominant big man (Hakeem Olajuwon, Moses Malone, etc.), he shouldn't be a rich man's Ben Wallace. I also don't like the whole obsession he has with stealing Shaq's shtick, his superman thing was completely based off Shaq, the difference is Shaq knows how to shoot a jump hook.

lil_penny
02-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Kg

timtonymanu
02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
LeBron James

Amare Stoudemire

Findog
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Garnett

ginobili's bald spot
02-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Pre Celtics Garnett I really liked. Man I hate that POS now.

IronMexican
02-28-2010, 03:08 PM
I used to like Nash a lot. The he tore the Lakers a new one and started hating him.

lefty
02-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought it was a thread about Jason Richardson

picc84
02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

ShoogarBear
02-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I used to like Jerry West before he exposed himself as a traitorous saboteur.

Muser
02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
KG is the logical answer for any fan.

picc84
02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Traitorous? He was on our team the whole time.

Jess
02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm surprised, I thought this thread would be full of Spurs fans dissing RJ.

pking
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Dwyane Wade.

AussieFanKurt
02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
LeBron James without a doubt. I'm same as OP

Fernando TD21
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Kevin Garnett.

baseline bum
02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
1. Vince Carter once he became a pussy jumpshooter around 2002.

2. Tracy McGrady once he stopped playing defense after leaving Toronto. McGrady had the tools to be an all-time great two-way player, but stopped giving a shit once he could score 25 a game on Orlando.

3. Kevin Garnett for acting like he was hot shit after Pierce got him a ring.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I used to like Kobe until around 2004..or in other words, until the truth came out..

endrity
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Definetely KG! I actually bought his jersey from the Minny days. Man what a bitch the guy turned out to be in Boston.

j.dizzle
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Sons, KG is a faggot now, he's got some mental problems. I dont hate D.Howard but I havent seen a player try so hard to be liked in a while hahaha..Dude was even trying to joke with Kobe before game 1 of the finals last year lmao & kobe just stared at him with a battle grin.

kamikazi_player
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and Arenas.

TheMACHINE
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I used to like Kobe until around 2004..or in other words, until the truth came out..

i still think you like Kobe...in a creepy stalker way.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Dwyane Wade.
When was Wade likable?

himat
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM

I'm guessing you can't be a big fan of Amare then right?

Dude could be a really good player but he only uses his athleticism. He doesn't even average double digit rebounds and is s till a sub par defender for his skill level.

I will give it to Amare that he has really improved his jumper, but that's it.

Oh and Dwight doesn't have that much of a post game but it is improving.

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Jason Terry is the biggest punk bitch in the NBA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing you can't be a big fan of Amare then right?

Dude could be a really good player but he only uses his athleticism. He doesn't even average double digit rebounds and is s till a sub par defender for his skill level.

I will give it to Amare that he has really improved his jumper, but that's it.

Oh and Dwight doesn't have that much of a post game but it is improving.

Amare's lack of post game development and defense is on Mike D'antoni. He did everything D'antoni asked of him, to be Nash's pick and roll/pick and pop sidekick. There's no way he was gonna develop a post game when the only play they ever ran in the halfcourt was the pick and roll.

And this year, Amare's 1 on 1 game has improved. He's got a jump hook that's gotten a lot more consistent, his spin moves in the post are getting a lot more crisp and effective. He doesn't rely on athleticism as much as he used to.

I'd also like to see the kind of player Dwight is after microfracture surgery.

namlook
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
a no-brainer...Pau Gasol with memphis....

pau gasoft with the lakers...

artest ---same thing...

FTL!

Artestsoft :lmao

jag
02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I've never really liked LeBron, so this one is easy.

Dwight Howard...no contest.

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:46 PM
When was Wade likable?

I liked him when he played for Marquette.

noob cake
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Artesticles
Knee-Mac
Douchnizzle Garnett

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Ironically, I used to despise Kobe but I like him now.

jag
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I used to hate both Kobe and Shaq, but i don't really care either way now. I still enjoy hating on Kobe's mannerisms but that's about it.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Garnett and Allen.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Jason Terry is the biggest punk bitch in the NBA.

You used to like him?

duhoh
02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Pre Celtics Garnett I really liked. Man I hate that POS now.

:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu

I'm with you on that. Same with Paul Pierce. Cocky bastard now.

baseline bum
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu

I'm with you on that. Same with Paul Pierce. Cocky bastard now.

So you only liked Pierce at Kansas? :lol

Pierce lost my respect when he had to carried off the fucking floor crying like Nancy Kerrigan.

himat
03-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Amare's lack of post game development and defense is on Mike D'antoni. He did everything D'antoni asked of him, to be Nash's pick and roll/pick and pop sidekick. There's no way he was gonna develop a post game when the only play they ever ran in the halfcourt was the pick and roll.

And this year, Amare's 1 on 1 game has improved. He's got a jump hook that's gotten a lot more consistent, his spin moves in the post are getting a lot more crisp and effective. He doesn't rely on athleticism as much as he used to.

I'd also like to see the kind of player Dwight is after microfracture surgery.

Okay, but I'd like to see the kind of player Dwight would be with a PG like Nash feeding him?

Amare would be a 15 ppg scorer without Nash IMHO. Plus he only gets 8-9 boards per game this season. Granted, he has had micro-fracture surgery, but he is still one of the most athletic bigs in the game and I always think he could be better.

Oh and Dwight is starting to get that jump hook in the post. It is a very effective shot for him now. Have you seen him play recently?

You have to admit that if Orlando had a great passer like Nash Dwight would be a much better scorer. Vince and Jameer, the starting back court, are both chuckers so Dwight rarely gets entry passes to make his post moves. Instead he has to clean up the mess thats put up at the rim.

Not trying to get in an argument with you but I just want to understand your thinking. Dwight and Amare are both top big men athletically right? I would think Dwight's lack of post game development would be just as annoying as Amare's lack of development on the defensive end right?

Donkeybong
03-01-2010, 01:10 AM
definitely KG. I dont despise lebron, but i dont like him as much as i used to.

RedsLakers24
03-01-2010, 01:21 AM
i use to like KG with the wolves, and now with the celtics i hate him, i use to hate nash but now i love nash

Bob Lanier
03-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Tayshaun Prince, back before Mark Cuban and Jerry Colangelo made it impossible for him to play defense.

Jason Kidd.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 03:27 AM
If I wasn't a Celtic fan, I'd easily say KG and Pierce.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Okay, but I'd like to see the kind of player Dwight would be with a PG like Nash feeding him?

Amare would be a 15 ppg scorer without Nash IMHO. Plus he only gets 8-9 boards per game this season. Granted, he has had micro-fracture surgery, but he is still one of the most athletic bigs in the game and I always think he could be better.

Oh and Dwight is starting to get that jump hook in the post. It is a very effective shot for him now. Have you seen him play recently?

You have to admit that if Orlando had a great passer like Nash Dwight would be a much better scorer. Vince and Jameer, the starting back court, are both chuckers so Dwight rarely gets entry passes to make his post moves. Instead he has to clean up the mess thats put up at the rim.

Not trying to get in an argument with you but I just want to understand your thinking. Dwight and Amare are both top big men athletically right? I would think Dwight's lack of post game development would be just as annoying as Amare's lack of development on the defensive end right?

Amare dropped 30 points on the 3rd best defense in the NBA without Nash this year, won ROY, and averaged 20 PPG his sophomore season. That was all without Nash. All this talk of Amare being dependent off Nash is horseshit, D'antoni just decided to make him a one dimensional scorer. Amare's lack of development is on D'antoni, someone who's an expert at talent killing. In one season he took Quentin Richardson, a tough, gritty player who got to the rim and turned him into a lazy fuck who played horrible D and did nothing other than camp 30 feet from the basket. Dwight doesn't have someone like D'antoni telling him all he needs to do is finish pick and rolls, Dwight chose to be a one dimensional scorer.

alamo50
03-01-2010, 03:50 AM
CP3 and Superman wannabe.

The other way around I used to disslike Carmelo, but now like him.

blkroadrunners
03-01-2010, 04:02 AM
I never liked KG, even back in his young days in Minnesota.

I have to say Chris Paul, and maybe Brandon Roy.

Bob Lanier
03-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Amare dropped 30 points on the 3rd best defense in the NBA without Nash this year, won ROY, and averaged 20 PPG his sophomore season. That was all without Nash. All this talk of Amare being dependent off Nash is horseshit, D'antoni just decided to make him a one dimensional scorer. Amare's lack of development is on D'antoni, someone who's an expert at talent killing. In one season he took Quentin Richardson, a tough, gritty player who got to the rim and turned him into a lazy fuck who played horrible D and did nothing other than camp 30 feet from the basket. Dwight doesn't have someone like D'antoni telling him all he needs to do is finish pick and rolls, Dwight chose to be a one dimensional scorer.
You seem to have missed that lecture about the difference between an inverse and a contrapositive back in junior high school.

That "Nash makes Stoudemire a better player" may be false does not imply "Nash could make Howard a better player" is.

mystargtr34
03-01-2010, 05:13 AM
co-signed

+1

Occasionally its funny, but not every single interview.

And i hate the way he does the Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol verbal flop almost every single time he puts up a shot.

HornetLoveJones
03-01-2010, 05:40 AM
had much respect for KG when he played for Minnesota. Win or lose he just played hard every night and kinda felt bad that he was in a situation where they lost in the 1st round every time they made the playoffs minus the Sam Cassell/Sprewell year.

Then runs out of town to go to Boston and acts like a little bitch now that he does only 1/3 of the work and still gets a ring. FUCK KG

HornetLoveJones
03-01-2010, 05:41 AM
The other way around I used to disslike Carmelo, but now like him.

you like faggot pussies that throw a punch but can't take any?

djohn2oo8
03-01-2010, 10:38 AM
McGrady

Obstructed_View
03-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Keith Bogans.

Basketballgirl25
03-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Kidd-I respect him for what he did for the Nets in 2002 and 2003, but the way he went out, put him on my list of dislike

KG-at times at hate him, if he team beats Mavs or Knicks I like him

Dirk-sorry not a big fan of his, I saw him stick out his tongue one too many times

ffadicted
03-01-2010, 03:54 PM
LeCrab and Dwight

TheManFromAcme
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, so much Dwight hate... Sure we aren't confusing him with Josh? I mean, he used to be one of the Twin Dallas Rookies that came ouuta nowhere... and then became a stupidhead. I like Dwight. As of yet, I have not turned on KG yet either, but I am close...

:tu

Same here. I don't get the Dwight hate. Good kid. Good player and has humility. His humor is a little confusing but Dwight views the game as just that.....a game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
You seem to have missed that lecture about the difference between an inverse and a contrapositive back in junior high school.

That "Nash makes Stoudemire a better player" may be false does not imply "Nash could make Howard a better player" is.

Congrats on being the weirdest and dumbest motherfucker on ST.

picc84
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Ironically, I used to despise Kobe but I like him now.

Interesting.