View Full Version : Damn turnover...

timtonymanu
02-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Now JRich is getting an easy dunk.

Miss

LMAO.

ace3g
02-28-2010, 03:24 PM
time for the Suns to hit a 3 over Bogans(who was brought in for defense) to get it to 1

exstatic
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
time for the Suns to hit a 3 over Bogans(who was brought in for defense) to get it to 1

No actually it was Hairston STUPIDLY going UNDER the screen to give Nash the look. For those of you wondering why he doesn't play more, or much at all...

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
No actually it was Hairston STUPIDLY going UNDER the screen to give Nash the look. For those of you wondering why he doesn't play more, or much at all...

:rollin typical..

Hairston should have went over, he still would have had the shot though..are you going to blame Duncan for sagging off and stupidly playing Nash for the 2 when he pretty much has no choice but to shoot a 3?..that one is on Tim..

Also, what kind of stupid coach puts in a guy that hasn't played all year, and has him cover Steve Nash with less than 10 seconds remaining when he hasn't even gotten a chance to get into a rhythm for the game? LOL..

Stop being an apologist please..where were you last game?..

timtonymanu
02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
that was Duncan's fault, not Malik.

Chomag
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM

I expected this somehow. Popologist coming out of the woodwork the moment Ian or Hairston makes one mistake.

Dude is not in a game flow and then you act like he made all the mistakes. Like he was the only one. TD, Manu, TP make these mistakes as well at times and that have the luxury pf playing and getting into their rhythm.

However it was more TDs mistake on the play but yeah they both could have doen a better job.

timtonymanu
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Well to Malik's defense,

Hill was playing defense on Nash much worse throughout the game.

Hill gets a thumbs down this game.

exstatic
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
that was Duncan's fault, not Malik.

No. If you're down 3 or more, you go over that screen 100% of the time. Who cares if Amare gets another bounce pass for a dunk? That doesn't hurt you!! If Nash had been near the line, Tim could have jabbed out at him, and I'd be all over his shit about it, too, but there was no way he's going to contest that shot. The ONLY Spur who could got pinned under a pick. Plays like that can lose you games.

exstatic
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Dude is not in a game flow and then you act like he made all the mistakes. Like he was the only one. TD, Manu, TP make these mistakes as well at times and that have the luxury pf playing and getting into their rhythm.

Have you noticed Tony isn't closing games, as of at least the last three? Pop doesn't just sit the youngsters for defensive transgressions.

EricB
02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Don't critique Malik hairston... Yikes...

anonoftheinternets
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
it wasnt a mistake, look at it in slo mo, nash fakes right, malik buys it and takes his eyes off nash, quick step left and boom its over ... it was a nice move by nash ...

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Yup, +1 to anoneoftheinternets..

It was a nice move, it was an illegal screen AND it was a DEEP shot..

FeZZy
02-28-2010, 04:09 PM

Hairston should have went over, he still would have had the shot though..are you going to blame Duncan for sagging off and stupidly playing Nash for the 2 when he pretty much has no choice but to shoot a 3?..that one is on Tim..

Also, what kind of stupid coach puts in a guy that hasn't played all year, and has him cover Steve Nash with less than 10 seconds remaining when he hasn't even gotten a chance to get into a rhythm for the game? LOL..

+1 :lol

Chomag
02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Yup, +1 to anoneoftheinternets..

It was a nice move, it was an illegal screen AND it was a DEEP shot..

Yep, an awesome shot from a very good prime time all-star with a history of making these shots.

Hairston sucks becuase he is the only player Nash has ever made a good shot on.:rolleyes

IS it just me or do you think that Popologists lame excuses are getting sillier.

ace3g
02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
plus Hairston did fine on the previous 2 defensive possession on the inbound plays by the Suns. Nash made a nice fake and hit a deep 3, ofcourse you didn't see Hairston quit on the play, he atleast got back into the play and made a high leap for the block

pjjrfan
02-28-2010, 04:40 PM

+1, amen, it's bad enough the team is struggling, it seems like Pop keeps figuring ways to put his team behind the 8-ball.

slayermin
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I expected this somehow. Popologist coming out of the woodwork the moment Ian or Hairston makes one mistake.

However it was more TDs mistake on the play but yeah they both could have doen a better job.

I agree that Pop setup Malik to fail. But I think it was more Hairston's fault on that play. I think he was trying to anticipate Nash going right. But Nash can shoot going either direction.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
After watching the replay, there's pretty much no way Hairston could have went over the screen and fought through it..it wasn't an option..

Hairston went to his left after Nash hesitated off the dribble..he couldn't recover once Stoudemire came to set the late screen..Duncan should have been there, I don't know why he was so far away..Timmy was still at the top of the paint, which is kind of stupid considering they needed a 3..

He did anticipate a little though, but he shouldn't be on the floor anyways..

It wasn't good D by both Hairston and Duncan, but it was also a great shot by Nash..

Chomag
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree that Pop setup Malik to fail. But I think it was more Hairston's fault on that play. I think he was trying to anticipate Nash going right. But Nash can shoot going either direction.

Nash just made a great play that a great player makes and is supposed to. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. It was a hell of great move and shot by Nash. I'm just not understanding all the hate on Hairston for getting shot on because of it. Nash has done that to many NBA players even the really good ones.

Hairston is not the first spur or any-player for that matter to be guarding a guy that is shooting to get shot on, nor will he be that last.

If that was the case scores should be 0-0. And if people think Hairston should not get PT becuase of it then the whole team shouldn't get pt. It's a game it can happen to anyone.

spurtech09
02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
rj had a great game today....keep it up rj